Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

House, I Am Confused - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / House, I Am Confused (26804 Views)

I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House, I Am Confused by grandstar(m): 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease

I am an estate agent,

Welcome to Lagos.
If you want a place, I would advise you to forget a place near to your workplace due to the high cost.

It is best you move to Akute. I am in a 3 bedroom and my current rent is 400k. It will be increased to 550k next year.

I am sure you can get a 2bedroom for 500k here and by the time you add agency fees legal fees, caution and so on, it will be 700k. This is less that 2 months salary.

Many Lagosians go through this sacrifice daily. You have NO CHOICE!!!

You can buy land in many of those estates at Lekki that sell land piecemeal, like 100k monthly over 12 months. Land is an asset.

If you purchase 6 plots like that over 5 years, you can sell 2 plots to build on one after 10 years.

3 Likes

Re: House, I Am Confused by cmikel: 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

I am in a dilemma and I need advice on what to do.

A bit of background about myself: I am a 29 years only child from a very poor background. I work for an IT firm which i joined in 2019 as a graduate trainee.

My total income is around 490k (400k from main job, 90k from a writing side gig).

My challenge:
Recently, My host have told me to look for my accommodation and I have been searching for houses. Unfortunately, the places closer to my places of work is expensive.

I work in VI and the cheapest mini flat I have seen in close vicinity is 1.2M at Ajah.

I also have have a building project I am undertaking in the village that is at roofing stage and my parents have been pressuring me to settle down as the only child.

My dilemma is this, If i go for the house at Ajah, it will eat a bulk of my savings, thereby making it impossible for me to complete the building project or even start the process of settling down.

If I go for a cheaper but farer location, I will be spending more time in traffic.

Please, how do I manage this?

YOU WERE STAYING IN SOMELSE ACCOMODATION, SAVING YOUR OWN MONEY AND DEFINALTELY CARRING WOMEN TO HIS HOUSE LATELY, THAT WAS WHY HE ASKED YOU TO MOVE OUT BUT YOU WILL NOT SAY THAT SIDE OF THE STORY....

WEL MY ADVISE IS THAT YOU PROPOSE TO YOUR CURRENT ACCOMODANT THAT YOU WANT TO PAY 50% OF THE HOUSE RENT FOR THE NEXT ONE YEAR. THEN BEFORE EXPIRATION YOU CAN LOOK FOR HOSUE AND MOVE OUT .

HE MAY NOT AGGREE DEPENDS BC PPL LIKE YOU MAY OVERTHROUGH THE MAN FROM HIS HOME.

4 Likes

Re: House, I Am Confused by Henix(m): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
missidy:
Get a house in Surulere or Yaba, it is close to VI. Besides there is no longer traffic in Lagos. You have stayed too long in your host house despite the fact that you earn well. You didn't have to wait until they ask you to leave.

He really overstayed his welcome

3 Likes

Re: House, I Am Confused by Jorge91: 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

A bit of background about myself: I am a 29 years only child from a very poor background. I work for an IT firm which i joined in 2019 as a graduate trainee.

My total income is around 490k (400k from main job, 90k from a writing side gig).

My challenge:
Recently, My host have told me to look for my accommodation and I have been searching for houses. Unfortunately, the places closer to my places of work is expensive.

I work in VI and the cheapest mini flat I have seen in close vicinity is 1.2M at Ajah.

I also have have a building project I am undertaking in the village that is at roofing stage and my parents have been pressuring me to settle down as the only child.

My dilemma is this, If i go for the house at Ajah, it will eat a bulk of my savings, thereby making it impossible for me to complete the building project or even start the process of settling down.

If I go for a cheaper but farer location, I will be spending more time in traffic.

My bro, I live in bogije very far from ajah, I know lots of people that lives here and go to Lagos island market everyday and others going to their place of work around lekki and environs, you can get a cheaper house around Abijo, awoyaya, few around sangotedo. adjust your wake up Timing, you will be good.

Re: House, I Am Confused by frozen70(f): 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

Search for a mini flat on mainland prefarable around palm Grove area or Bariga

Its close to the Island and live there
So that you can pack out from where you are presently, your just have tried so much for you

Or search any where you choose but try mainland they are quite cheaper

As for your building project, it will be placed on hold so that you can get your accommodation and then plan to marry

After eh above two things are settled
You can save towards the village project and continue from where you stopped

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by clusay(m): 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
U missed it bro. Ur first project na village u dey go do am?.who advice you to take such step.?.first try to build ur own for you and your forthcoming kids. Very important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House, I Am Confused by vincenteger: 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
If you look forward to settle down
Then look for a place that would accommodate you and your wife to be.
Even if you don't intend to settle down next year.
You will need to furnish the house too and that will take some time.

Anything you are doing now, look forward to a prospective future that would accommodate you and your future family.
Forgot your comfort now.
I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by Wizpa(m): 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
Taylor92:
You are into IT

Mix tie hustle with small Yahoo

I’m outta here

Police go put eye for your matter!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: House, I Am Confused by abimbola74(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

Guy! Uno try @ll so if your host didn’t give you quit notice u won’t think of getting yourself accommodation. You overstayed and it’s because of people like you I hate housing people even Meslf I can’t stay more than a month cos I would prefer a face me I slap you than being a burden on someone ( even if they are more comfortable, u still eat their food nah ) you embarked on a project without sorting your immediate needs. Would have been more better you do the project without rushing it and having a peace of mind . Shey na dat house u Dey carry ur babe go sef? Aswear uno try. Sort your accommodation first, try to do the project gradually while trying to engage someone but abeg don’t do elaborate wedding oo, be wise ooo

5 Likes

Re: House, I Am Confused by steeltrust: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
How can you build house in the village and you don’t have a house in the city

Na wa oh

The way I de see you so
You go be greedy person
For your host to say you should live then it means you’re not doing something right

Anyway check the comment below cause for me I don’t have one to give

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House, I Am Confused by seguno2: 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

Keep wasting your money on emotional things like a village house that won’t earn you income for building more assets while you live in penury in the city where you work. You go blame village people and God tire for your suboptimal life later.
Re: House, I Am Confused by zoedew: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

You want to ask your employer if you can work remotely. Then either complete your village home and move there or relocate to Ibadan where 5g is available and you can live in a fine house for a lot less and better Q.O.L.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House, I Am Confused by ednut1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
There are cheap self con in Oniru resettlement estate

2 Likes

Re: House, I Am Confused by tochez24(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

Nigeria is currently in a very bad shape now and anybody advising you to pick up that 1.2M miniflat wants to do you dirty♂️

That's a very BAD move bro!!!!

Your sure plug now is to find a way to put up like everyone else.

Get a cheaper house even if it's far away to save cost first then adjust your time of coming to work in other to beat the traffic..... I heard that traffic has drastically reduced in Lagos due to the subsidy removal shaaa🙄

3 Likes

Re: House, I Am Confused by AgentGoat: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
You better forget the house in the village and settle your accommodation issue in the city. Except if your parents has no house of their own in the village. Why the rush? House for village wey be say na one week in a year you go stay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House, I Am Confused by seguno2: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2023
comorntz:
Stay in the office all week long and then visit home during weekends.
That'll be much cheaper until your house has been completed.

House wey dey VI abi the one in the village? Where is he moving to when his house has been completed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House, I Am Confused by emekajacobogbon(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2023
[quote author=Saviourplease post=126327063]Good evening house.

My challenge:

From experience, avoid any form of pressure before taking any critical decision,

2) make sure you complete your building project and have another source of income before marriage
3) consider long run and short run advantages of getting a new apartment, don't consider your comfort but your vision in time to come.
4) make sure you finish that house before you marriage
Re: House, I Am Confused by davidadenrele: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello,

Sorry you are seriously under pressure, however you've go to take things easy if you asked me your salary is a good one what you need now is the accommodation closest to your office, have you tried Adekunle and Yaba environments, if you asked me Ajah is a no!!no!! Ajah traffic and Agungi Lekki road can be very unpredictable coupled with all this flooding in that environs i lived in Ajah before and i can tell you for free Ajah is not the best option for you now, you don't need to rent a 2 bed apartment it's only you naa bros, except you insist on 2 bed room apartment may be because you are settling down, trust me you will get something reasonable in Adekunle, Yaba, Onike area this area are the closest to VI, Dolphin Estate or Ikoyi would have been a good option as well but am not sure you will be able to afford it.

Dedicate a time, one or two weekends you will get something okay within Adekunle, Yaba and Onike as per the building project in the village you've tried sort yourself out first don't go and die before your time, due to pressure to please family members you will be surprised they will roof that same house you are worried about if your enemy die today, Mobadh that we all are mourning today who are those enjoying all what the poor guy laboured for? borrow yourself sense,your peace of mind comes first before anyone!! my 2cent piece of advice.

Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by devil007: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

you are squatting with person and you dey build house for village, and you want the person to dey happy, plan your life you are in a rush and packing too many things, you might collapse, and for your host to ask to go that means you are not supporting the house financially, you collect your salary and eat it alone, when month ends buy food stuff for the family and give madam pocket money
tochez24:

Nigeria is currently in a very bad shape now and anybody advising you to pick up that 1.2M miniflat wants to do you dirty♂️

That's a very BAD move bro!!!!

Your sure plug now is to find a way to put up like everyone else.

Get a cheaper house even if it's far away to save cost first then adjust your time of coming to work in other to beat the traffic..... I heard that traffic has drastically reduced in Lagos due to the subsidy removal shaaa🙄

2 Likes

Re: House, I Am Confused by olajac: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2023
This is simply what they call a SHOW OF FAME. A grown up adult like you needs solution to something you can solve easily on your own. What a pity! Must you all expose yourself online because you want people to know your worth or what? It is well with you in your searching for solution to this your mumu problem.
Re: House, I Am Confused by Godwin616: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2023
[quote author=Berankis post=126359914]Find house for Oworo, Bariga, Shomolu na. Very easy, like.... 500 - 750 you go get house[/quote
]
That's right. You can get a decent apartment around Iyana oworo axis. Thats your best bet. Btw, that your host really tried o, you have really overstayed in that place.
Re: House, I Am Confused by solonubinho(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
Depends, do you go to the office everyday? If not, you can try areas like Yaba, Surulere, Gbagada or do a flat share arrangement. As for marriage, that's a huge financial commitment o. Dont let family push you into something that you're not ready for. They will not be there to bear the responsibilities. Sometimes, parents try to push us to make the same financial mistakes that they made unknowingly.
Re: House, I Am Confused by ekons(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
I am an agent , come and take nice apartment here in lakowe 400k rent
New house
Plan your self and work on your time I have people here who normally go to work at VI every day ,
Straight bus is always available
Then send the remaining money to your project at home,
Call me on 08139426302
Re: House, I Am Confused by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
Taylor92:
You are into IT

I’m outta here
GBAJU E so you are a yahoo+guy and you will be criticising others as if you are decent.
Re: House, I Am Confused by stanzy(m): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
I'll advise you sign-up to Adron homes and other affordable real estate platforms.
With an initial 1.2m deposit and a monthly 200k remuneration, you should get a decent mini apartment.
Nonetheless, you may consider the mainland options while I'll also appeal to fellow nairalanders who have the means and space to accommodate you in their (japa created) empty apartments.
Me seff need help with sure hustle @803-635-4265.
Enjoy!
Re: House, I Am Confused by 12inchess: 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
Tell me you're Ibo without telling me you're Ibo should be name of this thread. You're making money in Lagos and diverting it all to your village in Anambra. My advice for you is to relocate to Anambra so every money you wake up and take a bus to your job in V.I to make your monthly 490k. This is why Ronu people will never give many of you guys upper hand in Lagos. Nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by SPAMBOX7: 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

You go see one bedroom from 800 - 1m for Lekki. I know guys living inside phase 1 one room self com at 450-500k clean rooms.
But in your case you fit check the areas that are less dense. At least Lekki is closer to Vi. Unless you dey find 500k bedroom then me no know wetin I go talk again
Re: House, I Am Confused by Timothy89(m): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
Taylor92:
You are into IT

I’m outta here

see Peter obi Supporter

Moral police on Tinubu Certificate
Re: House, I Am Confused by gentleguy1975: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
seunlayi o xepost=126359892:
Get a cheaper house far from work within your budget, continue to put more efforts into your work, unless you are working for Tinubu, your boss may reason with you soon and givou some relief or another work will come up. If you can read yoruba, go thru this old lines below
good one, this reminds me of Alawiye textbook by J F Odunjo

*🌺IṢẸ́ NI ÒGÚN `ṢÉ*
*🖊️Múra sí iṣẹ́ Ọ̀rẹ́ mi*
*🖊️Isẹ́ ni afí ń dẹni gíga*
*🖊️Bí akò bá rẹ́ni fẹ̀yìntì*
*🖊️Bí ọ̀lẹ là á rí*
*🖊️Bí a kò bá rẹ́ni gbẹ́kẹ̀lé*
*🖊️Á tẹra mọ́ isẹ́ ẹni*
*🖊️Ìyá rẹ lè lówó lọ́wọ́*
*🖊️Bàbá rẹ́ sì lè lẹ́shin lé kan*
*🖊️Bí o bá gbójú lé wọn*
*🖊️O tẹ́ tán ni mo sọ fún ọ*
*🖊️Ohun tí a kò bá jìyà fún*
*🖊️Ṣé kìí lè tọ́jọ́ rárá*
*🖊️Ohun tí a bá fara ṣiṣẹ́ fún*
*🖊️Ní npẹ́ lọ́wọ́ ẹni*
*🖊️Apá lará*
*🖊️Ìgúpá nì ìyè kàn*
*🖊️Bí aiyé bá ńfẹ ọ lónìí*
*🖊️Tí o bá lówó lọ́wọ́*
*🖊️Ayé á máa fẹ́ ọ lọ́lá*
*🖊️Jẹ́kí o wà ní ipò àtàtà*
*🖊️Aiyé á ma yẹ́ ọ sí tẹ̀rín-tẹ̀rín*
*🖊️Jẹ́kí ó dẹni tí ń ràgò*
*🖊️Kó o rí bí aiyé tí n yínmú sí ọ*
*🖊️Ẹ̀kọ́ sì lè ṣẹni dọ̀gá*
*🖊️Múra kí o kọ dáradára*
*🖊️Bí o rí ọ̀pọ́ ènìyàn*
*🖊️Tí ń fi ẹ̀kọ́ ṣẹ̀ rín rín*
*🖊️Dákun má fara wé wọn*
*🖊️Ìyà ńbọ̀ fọ́mọ tí kò gbọ́n*
*🖊️Ẹkún ń bẹ fọ́mọ tí ó ń sá kiri*
*🖊️Má fòwúrọ̀ ṣeré ọ̀rẹ́ mi*
*🖊️Múra sí iṣẹ́ ọjọ́ ń lọ

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by Sirchiboy: 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

How did you get the job brother?
Re: House, I Am Confused by Frezhkid10(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

My challenge:

Oga set your priorities right..
How can you be building a house in the village and squatting with someone in Lagos??..
You no like enjoyment
Building a house where you probably not going to spend 1month in a year in??..
The person wey house you try die!!..get your ass out of that house and go and rent an apartment!!!..
Pause the building for a while

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.