Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

House, I Am Confused - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / House, I Am Confused (26803 Views)

I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House, I Am Confused by profstar(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

It is not like that sha. There is no house in the village for them and they are aging. The house is a necessity, not a luxury or an ego project
You owe no one an explanation though.
I will advise you rent house for them in the village, village house rent can be extremely cheap. A 2 bed room flat in the village will be like 150k/yr ( that is 12,500 per month deduction from your monthly salary. Think about that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House, I Am Confused by udeh3(m): 7:08am On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Thank you for the advice.

Looks like I have to make a choice between Ajah/Ikota axis on the Island and Surulere/Yaba on the mainland.

Well, I'll advice you go for the mainland cos I don't even see Ajah and Ikota as Island aside the high cost of living over there. Since you work in VI. Water, roads and others aren't in favor of Ajah and Ikota. I'll advice you go for the latter
Re: House, I Am Confused by WantsandMore: 7:27am On Oct 13, 2023
Get a shared service apartment in vi, they are in various categories depending on your budget, single and expensive, service room for two and less expensive up till service shared room for 4. Search for @Babawale on this forum for further clarification. Good guy. On the flip side, you dey squats you dey build house for another town? Haba,I'm pretty sure you may have mouthed that to your host by manner of familiarity, whatever sha, all the best.
Re: House, I Am Confused by FreeStuffsNG: 7:45am On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

It is not like that sha. There is no house in the village for them and they are aging. The house is a necessity, not a luxury or an ego project
I get your point. It's just that it is a liability you could have embarked on later if you have gotten a sound professional financial advisor or mentor. Even Jesus Christ adviced that before you build a house, have a means to start and complete it.

The ROI would have served you better to compound and use to build the house. You're earning well and can do well with a great financial mentor.

Your parents are not that old and with your improved finances you can slow down the impact of aging by your support too so don't be scared.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by officialfestus(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2023
Felix6:

Better stop giving excuses. Do you want to stay under the bridge and be going to work from there? Too much open eye go kill you. I am sure you told your host you earn only 90k.
Nonsense. You can come and squat at my place for free at upper sakponba in benin.
where in USA do you reside?
Re: House, I Am Confused by Frezhkid10(m): 9:17am On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Thanks

It is not like that sha. There is no house in the village for them and they are aging. The house is a necessity, not a luxury or ego project
That doesn’t mean you should discomfort or put pressure on yourself..
Live comfortably first..get your own apartment, although getting an apartment increases your expenses. Use the first 3months to learn how to reduce your expenses while living alone and then continue the building project after 3months..
I bet you..you will now see that it’s cheaper to live alone than to squat with someone..
Re: House, I Am Confused by Dagger79(m): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2023
Rich Man problem
Re: House, I Am Confused by Felix6: 10:25am On Oct 13, 2023
officialfestus:
where in USA do you reside?

Ikorodufornia.
Re: House, I Am Confused by Sirchiboy: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Through NYSC
What advice do you have for someone who was exempted from service due to age factors and still struggling to get a job
Re: House, I Am Confused by Yaks02(m): 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
[quote author=Saviourplease post=126327063]Good evening house.

I am in a dilemma and I need advice on what to do.

A bit of background about myself: I am a 29 years only child from a very poor background. I work for an IT firm which i joined in 2019 as a graduate trainee.

My total income is around 490k (400k from main job, 90k from a writing side gig).

My challenge:
Recently, My host have told me to look for my accommodation and I have been searching for houses. Unfortunately, the places closer to my places of work is expensive.

I work in VI and the cheapest mini flat I have seen in close vicinity is 1.2M at Ajah.

I also have have a building project I am undertaking in the village that is at roofing stage and my parents have been pressuring me to settle down as the only child.

My dilemma is this, If i go for the house at Ajah, it will eat a bulk of my savings, thereby making it impossible for me to complete the building project or even start the process of settling down.

If I go for a cheaper but farer location, I will be spending more time in traffic.

Please, how do I manage this?

I can recommend a two bedroom self contain apart in Lekki phase 1 for you for that price. If u are interested u can reply me back
Re: House, I Am Confused by Saviourplease: 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
Sirchiboy:
What advice do you have for someone who was exempted from service due to age factors and still struggling to get a job

Research for a tech niche you love and learn it for three to 6 months.

After gaining some level of mastery, pursue entry-level jobs.
Re: House, I Am Confused by Saviourplease: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2023
[quote author=Yaks02 post=126381327][/quote]

Ha,

Where in Lekki phase 1
Re: House, I Am Confused by syntekelite(m): 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2023
For those telling you surulere they really love you, its a no brainer the road is straight and easy just be out of the house by 6am.. secondly when we say surulere their are two types the affluent and the comfortably ok..go for the comfortably ok areas based on your salary and side project you can get a self con or 1bed flat for 500 to 600k...
In all you do make sure the part of surulere you get house is the good part e.g itire road, randle environs, ishaga, ekololu, falolu this areas hve good roads/security and are straight road to vi, you may also try around area c/western avenue and environs.. no go shitta , ijesha ,ilasa, idiaraba ohhh...

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by Sirchiboy: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Research for a tech niche you love and learn it for three to 6 months.

After gaining some level of mastery, pursue entry-level jobs.

What is your IT major
Re: House, I Am Confused by Saviourplease: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
Sirchiboy:
What is your IT major

Cybersecurity
Re: House, I Am Confused by Sirchiboy: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Cybersecurity
Where can I learn and what is the course duration?
Re: House, I Am Confused by Samsimple(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

A bit of background about myself: I am a 29 years only child from a very poor background. I work for an IT firm which i joined in 2019 as a graduate trainee.

My total income is around 490k (400k from main job, 90k from a writing side gig).

Bro please how were you able to start working for this IT firm as a graduate trainee. Help a brother
Re: House, I Am Confused by kernniejay(m): 6:51am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Good evening house.

I am in a dilemma and I need advice on what to do.

My challenge:
Recently, My host have told me to look for my accommodation and I have been searching for houses. Unfortunately, the places closer to my places of work is expensive.

I work in VI and the cheapest mini flat I have seen in close vicinity is 1.2M at Ajah.

I also have have a building project I am undertaking in the village that is at roofing stage and my parents have been pressuring me to settle down as the only child.

My dilemma is this, If i go for the house at Ajah, it will eat a bulk of my savings, thereby making it impossible for me to complete the building project or even start the process of settling down.

If I go for a cheaper but farer location, I will be spending more time in traffic.

Please, how do I manage this?

And the best liar of the year goes to "Saviourplease" You are earning 400k and make extra 90k from side husstle but you cant afford an accommodation close to your office, kudos to you. Everybody just want to post on Nairaland and get attention.
Even people earning 120k-180k are working in VI and living around Ajah, Sangotedo, Obalende, Lagos Island, Oworonshoki, Gbagada, Ketu etc and are still able to set something aside for their own project without coming to post nonsense online. Shior.
Re: House, I Am Confused by Saviourplease: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2023
kernniejay:

And the best liar of the year goes to "Saviourplease" You are earning 400k and make extra 90k from side husstle but you cant afford an accommodation close to your office, kudos to you. Everybody just want to post on Nairaland and get attention.
Even people earning 120k-180k are working in VI and living around Ajah, Sangotedo, Obalende, Lagos Island, Oworonshoki, Gbagada, Ketu etc and are still able to set something aside for their own project without coming to post nonsense online. Shior.

Did I say I can't afford or that renting such will affect my ability to settle down and finish up my house building?

1 Like

Re: House, I Am Confused by SourYoghurt: 11:28am On Oct 16, 2023
MrMcJay:
I will be very tough on you. Make of my post what you will.

29-Year old man without a rented apartment but building a house in the village. You don't even have shame. Parasitism has limited your ability to think. Almost 30 and you are squatting about like a vagabond.

Money you're supposed to use to take certifications, trainings, be more productive and better your life, you are using to pile concrete blocks in the village. Imagine if Coscharis used his initial profits to build houses in the village.

Google what they call "dead capital'.

A lot of people would have gone far in life but they have planted their seed on wrong grounds. That is what you are senselessly doing.
Hello, I want this kind of tough mentorship, I'm 27, just left Uni but currently trying my hand on a skill in tech, but I'm filled with scepticism about how far I can go. I'm currently doing an internship in the field in tech. Any advice for me.

PS: studied law.
Re: House, I Am Confused by Yaks02(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
Saviourplease:

Ha,

Where in Lekki phase 1
Inside phase one, it's good
Let me give u d address if u want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.