Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction (1472 Views)

See What A 16 Years Old Girl Posted About Room 306 Which Made People Blast Her / See What This Girl Posted On FB Page !! / OMG!! See Busty Photos This Girl Posted On Her Facebook Wall...??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Rebuker(m): 2:52am On Oct 11, 2023
A trending video of a girl's parents' reaction after she asked her father for an iPhone as a birthday gift has ignited mixed reactions on the internet.

In the video, the girl's father can be heard venting and scolding her seriously for requesting an iPhone, especially since she failed her JAMB exam.

However, this has stirred mixed responses online. While some believe the father was overly harsh, particularly due to the language he used to express his anger toward her request, others think the girl was wrong for posting such a video of her conversation with her parents online.

What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzy4ILTdZnY

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by TUANKU(m): 2:55am On Oct 11, 2023
You no fit pass JAMB but you need iPhone. Misplaced priorities.

4 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Rebuker(m): 2:56am On Oct 11, 2023
More reactions.....

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by MightySparrow: 3:16am On Oct 11, 2023
The father is too harsh. The kind of words used are too bad. He is hurting the girl emotionally and also suggesting to her to seek or use her body to get what she wanted.
Children of nowadays are not that strong emotionally depending on the environment the are being bred.

I knew about a boy like that that was pushed by harsh words to commit suicide. In the same church where my wife and children attends. My own daughter, because of certain behavior, was being hurt by words, she too was suggesting suicide in her remarks. When my wife told me on phone, I quickly went home from my station, calm her down with carefully selected words in between encouragement and caution.

Today, she is a medical student in one of the universities in Nigeria.

The father should have, promised to give android and promised iphone, if he can afford it against her next attempt.
The idea to get at her father by posting his reaction online is the same as doing something else to get at him. The girl is still a good one.
Parents be careful.
The boy I mentioned above had to be the only child of the family. The parents killed him for lack of wisdom and ruined their own future .

May God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by McLizbae: 3:30am On Oct 11, 2023
Smart phone for a child that is academically slow!? Even the apt child gets distracted and slowed down academically by smartphones let alone the already slow one.

That girl is absolutely shameless! May such child never be my portion in Jesus name 🙏

PS: Shamelessness is glorified in the world now.

4 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Westerhoffe(m): 3:53am On Oct 11, 2023
From the dad's reaction, it shows he's seen a lot of discouraging stuffs about her and he has had enough because she is not changing.

If she had been a good girl, believe me, instead of talking this rash, her parents would have laughed it off jokingly and not even say No even if they won't say Yes.

So no one should blame her dad at all.

I'm quite disappointed with some girls out there these days.

5 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Stawner16(m): 4:57am On Oct 11, 2023
Your dad and mum scolding you at the same time is definitely a proof you’re a problematic child.
She obviously baited her parents and then proceeded to record them to get a pity party from the world. Number one sign of a very bad child. Sad to see how social media is gradually tearing the fabrics of morality in our society.

7 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 11, 2023
What's up with Nigerians and iPhone? What's so special about this phone? Is it because it's expensive or what?

2 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by julybaba(m): 5:20am On Oct 11, 2023
She can sell one of her kidneys to get the iphone
Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Kingray10: 6:23am On Oct 11, 2023
If it was her bf she asked I believe, she would have dragged him till he finally bought her the phone, or relationship close.
Girls asking for bf what their parents can't do for them..

2 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Rucheen(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2023
Nigerians and hypocrisy

You like his daughter more than him

It was a game between me and dad those days

Good results: jeans and shoes

Excellent results: more jeans and shoes plus holiday travel permit

1 Like

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by belej2: 6:31am On Oct 11, 2023
WE HAVE ALL KINDS OF CLEAN CARS AND LANDED PROPERTIES FOR SALE IN LEKKI/AJAH AXIS

FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUR PROFILE

CALL OR WHATSAPP 08149577728
Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by ruggedtimi(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2023
Stawner16:
Your dad and mum scolding you at the same time is definitely a proof you’re a problematic child.
She obviously baited her parents and then proceeded to record them to get a pity party from the world. Number one sign of a very bad child. Sad to see how social media is gradually tearing the fabrics of morality in our society.
very bad

1 Like

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by siofra(f): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2023
Stawner16:
Westerhoffe:
From the dad's reaction, it shows he's seen a lot of discouraging stuffs about her and he has had enough because she is not changing.

If she had been a good girl, believe me, instead of talking this rash, her parents would have laughed it off jokingly and not even say No even if they won't say Yes.

So no one should blame her dad at all.

I'm quite disappointed with some girls out there these days.
McLizbae:
Smart phone for a child that is academically slow!? Even the apt child gets distracted and slowed down academically by smartphones let alone the already slow one.

That girl is absolutely shameless! May such child never be my portion in Jesus name 🙏

PS: Shamelessness is glorified in the world now.

Okay how about they sat her down and explained things to her in a less demeaning manner. That girl is intelligent, but she's not just focused. They could have been more tactical in the conversation instead of shouting and slut shaming her. Like was that even necessary
Her parents behaved like wild animals, what would shouting do?? It would just make her more angry.

They could have just told they don't have the money for iPhone because they want to raise money for her admission and if she does well in her first year in uni, then they'll get it for her.
Talk to your children with love. You'll not die and it's more effective than screaming like a horñy goat.
She doesn't owe her parents anything but they owe her everything because she didn't ask to be born, they brought her into this world. Bitter truth but the truth all the same.

I hope she grows and goes for therapy instead of popping out babies and continuing the cycle. She's a smart girl, she'll be alright.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Reminderz: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2023
Stawner16:
that's the reality we have to deal with today... yet you see many mannerless people like her online supporting her... she knows what she's doing... I won't be surprised if a simp take the responsibility of buying her the phone... since they know more than her parents, you'll see a whole bunch online giving unsolicited advice on what a father or mother shouldn't do since they are living with her...

these gen Z girls that call themselves gen Z hoes needs iron hand... social media have done lot more damage than good... if she doesn't set her priority straight, she will also join the list of damaged teen girls because of how desperate and materialistic she will become... I won't also be surprised if someone like her later resort to full-time hookup to fund their lifestyle..
Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Westerhoffe(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2023
siofra:

Okay how about they sat her down and explained things to her in a less demeaning manner. That girl is intelligent, but she's not just focused. They could have been more tactical in the conversation instead of shouting and slut shaming her. Like was that even necessary
Her parents behaved like wild animals, what would shouting do?? It would just make her more angry.

They could have just told they don't have the money for iPhone because they want to raise money for her admission and if she does well in her first year in uni, then they'll get it for her.
Talk to your children with love. You'll not die and it's more effective than screaming like a horñy goat.
She doesn't owe her parents anything but they owe her everything because she didn't ask to be born, they brought her into this world. Bitter truth but the truth all the same.

I hope she grows and goes for therapy instead of popping out babies and continuing the cycle. She's a smart girl, she'll be alright.

I think you need to go through the video once again, this time, with deeper understanding of what her parents were saying. Study their words and reaction, and then hers to know what has been happening in the background behind that video.

And saying she owes her parents nothing because she didn't ask to be born is an ungrateful statement.
She owes them everything.
Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Phred1717: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2023
My daughter they not try it... Because I never did that to my parent
Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by MajESTHY(f): 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2023
So someone's hard-trained son will call this one "My Wife" one day oo.

Nawa oo.

Her Facial expressions has already justified the hell her parents are going through cuz of her.

Sha,Not in the house I come from tho'.

Y'all are just lucky you can try shiits anywhere and still be comfortable.

Definitely,not the home I come from.
Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by IamtheTruth1(m): 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Rebuker:
A trending video of a girl's parents' reaction after she asked her father for an iPhone as a birthday gift has ignited mixed reactions on the internet.

In the video, the girl's father can be heard venting and scolding her seriously for requesting an iPhone, especially since she failed her JAMB exam.

However, this has stirred mixed responses online. While some believe the father was overly harsh, particularly due to the language he used to express his anger toward her request, others think the girl was wrong for posting such a video of her conversation with her parents online.

What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzy4ILTdZnY

Anyone against the parents should train up their child by spoiling them and all…

Growing up, I always thought my father hated me. This man took away my PSP and all because he felt I was not serious with my school. I was just there… never repeated a class… but never came out first.
Who born you to ask for a phone when u never pass Jamb?

I noticed some funny behaviors about my kid sis. I told my Mom to take away that phone. Because she is getting spoilt from always getting what she wants…

Usually, Daughters are very closer to their Fathers. For both parents to be against the iphone buying means that the girl has been behaving badly…

She is manipulative. Why post your parents scolding you online? To seek public pity?

I pity the nest generation. Nothing is in there head. Jamb cut off is less than 150 and you expect an intelligent generation?

1 Like

Re: Girl Posted Video Of Conversation With Parent Online: Sparks Mixed Reaction by Kondomatic(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2023
siofra:

Blaming the parents is okay; some of the words they used were completely unnecessary. This raises the question: Why didn't she post the part where she made the request? We need to hear what she said and how she said it.

The reaction of her parents is completely off, suggesting that something is wrong with the video; it's incomplete.

On sitting her down, do you really think they haven't done that countless times? There was a time when a similar video was posted, but in that one, it was the father scolding the child, and the mother could be heard telling him to take it easy. Compare that to this one, where both parents scolded her at once, and you'll understand how tired they are of her bad behavior.

The father thanked God that she was not his only child, while the mother asked why she always brings her pain.
Do you still think all this is because of an iPhone 8?

Kids these days can be manipulative and evil. The audacity to even ask for an iPhone 8 after failing JAMB is a topic on its own. Back when kids had fear, anyone who didn't do well in exams would try their best to make their parents happy in other ways, like cleaning, washing, starting morning devotion, and, most importantly, doing everything possible to avoid their father.

But what did this one do? She failed JAMB, added it to her already accumulated list of bad behavior, then recorded her parents with a phone they obviously bought for her and shared it only for validation or what, I wonder?

That child's behavior is terrible.

A litter of fuel is N600
A kg of gas is N1200
Electricity bill is there.
House rent is there
Feeding is there
Minimum wage is N30k
Tinubu is president

And one brat wants to kill her parents with HBP.

Our parents' mental health is also very important

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Tell If My Babe Is Serious? / Letter To My Darling In Malaysia / My Boyfriend Just Confessed Another Girl Is 4 Mths Pregnant 4 Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.