Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn (19200 Views)

Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase / Bad Fuel Sold At Petrol Stations In Lagos (Pictures) / Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by DatNiggaDaz: 10:52am On Oct 11, 2023
Jemex003:

You better give yourself rest of mind cuz stressing is killing people
If stress is killing you, ,your father, mother, siblings, Oga do the needful & stop crying over my mention

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Paraman: 10:52am On Oct 11, 2023
fineboynl:
.. tinubu had no choice than to bring back subsidy.

He never understand all the system work. Before he announced subsidy is gone. He should ask buhari how far. Buhari remove subsidy more than 3 times. As dollar goes up he will reintroduce Subsidy with dollars subsidy and crude oil swap.
You don't understand what the marketers are complaining about. Buying petrol from the depots have become so expensive for them.

A tanker that cost like #2m before now cost about #25m. Most of the marketers have 1,2 or 3 filling stations, they can't compete against the likes of Mobil, NNPCL etc who have numerous filling stations all over Nigeria.

Some of the independent marketers have leased out their filling stations to the major ones after subsidy was remove.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Countermars: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2023
Yuceeluv:
Again!
Remote job is the best.
Thank God. grin
Remote job, Yen yen yen! So you don't need electric power for your remote job, you wouldn't eat, buy foodstuffs or gas. Even go out, you'll remain indoors forever. I don't just know people...

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Kendo93: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2023
Paraman:
A lot of marketers who should have seen this coming.

The wise marketers leased out their filling stations to the NNPCL

A lot of them didn't believe subsidy will be remove

they have being making a lot of profits in the past, I wander how they are folding up this fast.
your talk no make sentence.
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Gentlevip: 10:56am On Oct 11, 2023
It's true Buhari will always be the better one

No matter the denials
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by bluebay(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2023
Same marketers that are projecting 900/liters ? Thieves … Last week at the office, some of my yoruba uncles and relative came in and was complaining on how the depot is dry and no product for long. Inside me, I was just laughing at the old stupid men who voted in Tinubu . They even had the gods to ask me for transport fare. I told the I don’t have any money::: una suffer never start .

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by bluebay(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2023
Kendo93:
Oga, him talk makes sense . I suppose you’re not in the industry that’s why you’re saying that
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by NairaMaster1(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2023
Saao:
What a country, now Tinubu is the president, it goes beyond our turn. He got the Power, under him, things are failing apart, from gas, PMS, dollars to Naira etc. If he fails to reverse the decision on subsidies, I foresee government may collapse God forbid though

Emi lokan

Toto don the grow biyabiya

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Olaneyo007(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2023
Marketers are the real problem
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by nedekid: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2023
Zanzibar1:
There is a high increase in the cost of running every business
Oga, I drove pass akowonjo and shasha road yesterday morning around 10 am, noticed so many shops were locked up. Busy area before. I learnt most do not bother opening due to poor sales, transport cost etc, so it is not worth it. Some shops open later in the day, as the owners come to sit in the shop since they cannot pay staff to come usual morning opening time.
On the same akowonjo road, visit most eateries, they are mostly empty, few turn on their Ac due to high diesel cost ie ₦1050 per liter! How much will you sell to operate at such cost of running Gen? Only one joint at Egbeda junction seem to be doing well as the sell open air.
Businesses are really struggling these days.

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Ekugbeh(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2023
Here I live nothing like stations shutting down. It's either you are a beneficiary of the subsidy regime else there's something you ain't telling us
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Theunbothered: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

tell me wrong policies tinubu made

Announced fuel subsidy removal at his inauguration like a mumu.

Waited 100 days to form an economic team while giving sensitive appointments to his friends.

Announced floating of the naira at the same time meaning every imported item would be three times as expensive. Refined fuel is the most imported product to Nigeria.

Appointed a fool to lead the power sector

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Intergrated: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Nah God know wetin baba Fela go sing if him dey alive now, suffering and smiling but the one na suffering and crying, Eedris wey sing jaga-jaga don see the one wey jaga pass ham from Jagaban...

Tinubu don make olden dey Nigeria be like paradise
which voice Abi music go just dey on him go just dey cry.
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Paraman: 11:05am On Oct 11, 2023
Kendo93:
It's not for shallow people like you
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by BigYash: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2023
He built Lagos state singers, how market? Where are those fools?
#1=$1025 .. Una go chop agbado tire,that's if una go even see chop.. Fools!

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by SirLakes: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2023
Make we dey ronu dey go grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Nextt: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2023
Theunbothered:

Announced fuel subsidy removal at his inauguration like a mumu.

Waited 100 days to form an economic team while giving sensitive appointments to his friends.

Announced floating of the naira at the same time meaning every imported item would be three times as expensive. Refined fuel is the most imported product to Nigeria.

Appointed a fool to lead the power sector

You gave him too much answer. Let him use his brain. Is this not why we are in this mess?

He should ask IMF and BBC what policies Tinubu made to make the naira the worst performing currency in Africa. Soon, it will be the worst currency in the world under Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by luckingto50: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2023
fineboynl:

He never understand all the system work. Before he announced subsidy is gone. He should ask buhari how far. Buhari remove subsidy more than 3 times. As dollar goes up he will reintroduce Subsidy with dollars subsidy and crude oil swap.

According to information I heard that government is still paying subsidy if not the fuel price would be 1k by now.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Rayban26: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2023
BigYash:
He built Lagos state.. Where are those fools?

dem don go hide hustle for groundnut chop with their remaining garri. lagos that is still a slum up till today na wetin dem talk say him build

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by IfnobeGod20: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Most of them were reaping massively from the opaque subsidy system and occasional fuel scarcity. They will have to innovate or die. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Who are those that are reaping from the opaque subsidy system that is so powerful than the government that the government cannot contail? What a myopic comment. That is why we have been saying let us have a vibrant system or strong institution rather than strong individual or president. When a system is strong all these issues of sabotage will not be in the equation because the system will take care of itself.
A developed nations are developed nations because they have strong institutions that cannot be compromised by individual no matter your level or power. Check and balance are there at all time but the reverse is the case in Nigeria and we are not ready to change and anyone that complain, they say, we don't love the nation or the president or governor or whoever is on leadership position.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by enemyofprogress: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2023
Very good. Tinubu is working
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by BigYash: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2023
Rayban26:

dem don go hide hustle for groundnut chop with their remaining garri. lagos that is still a slum up till today na wetin dem talk say him build
Them too mumu. Let's join hands with someone with vision for the nation, they said no. They carried tribalism for head... This na person when them invite for debate, he didn't go,cux he had no plans for the nation..

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by mobileboy: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2023
fineboynl:

Subsidy should not come back

By now I expect the government to be talking big about electricity and refinery

provide at least 18 hours affordable electricity throughout the country and watch the demand for petrol drop drastically
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by visaclick: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2023
Yuceeluv:
Again!
Remote job is the best.
Thank God. grin
they won’t understand. I pity some fools still traveling every day in the name of “going to office “
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by a4cube: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2023
REDzoneNY:
Skull mining nko?
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2023
This is the only way....

Tinubu is making the right choices, most of this marketers have made it basterdly - they can not afford little gain and the governornment take the larger share to develop the Nation.

Tinubu is making the right decision
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by adioolayi(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2023
They have been enjoying during those days of fuel scarcity...

They have been enjoying price racketeering...

They should allow the government regulate the market and stop disturbing us with their noises..

Many businesses has collapsed ..theirs won't be the first or the last..
They should leave the market if not favourable and stop these noise jare.

Which business is not suffering at this period? They should gerrout
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by blowjohn(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2023
Thru are not shutting down.
They are selling to Neigbouring countries.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by yesloaded: 11:33am On Oct 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Most of them were reaping massively from the opaque subsidy system and occasional fuel scarcity during which they hike prices sky high. They will have to innovate or die. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Dey use this line console yourself

I hope you know bovas very well, their station don shit down for many places

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by Artscollection: 11:33am On Oct 11, 2023
Yuceeluv:
Again!
Remote job is the best.
Thank God. grin

With remote living or do you plan to spend your remote earnings remotely
Re: Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn by OsunOriginal: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria / Wike Suspends Fred Kpakol And Dagogo / Udom Emmanuel Dissolves State Exco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.