Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? (10771 Views)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by CaveAdullam: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2023
What you must be deliberating on is how to protect your sanity. And you do that by staying aloof from him.

I guessed he must have been told about regulating his anger issues before. But you know, adults hardly change.

Till you exit from his company, just do your exact job duties. Don't do more; don't do less. Don't even try to please him. Don't act like a coward.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by qtx(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:
As the topic says, how can you work under an hectic boss?

My boss is so nice but goddamn that man's so hectic with jombo size anger issue... His temper's so short to the extend that asking him a statement you don't understand twice might trigger his anger and once his angry his staffs'd dress back cos his hand might land on your face unaware.

Yesterday this man bought 25ltr of fuel and told me to give his brother 10ltr and filled the gen with the remaining, which i did. I started work 5:am this morning only for this man to called on phone to give one of his bus 5ltr of fuel from the 'keg' so i was like which of the keg actually and that's it, this man begin dey para ontop of his voice. After giving the 5ltr to the bus, this bus no gree reach filling station then my boss started again with so much noise "go and off the gen rn. I can stop you from working and lotta words" for work of 28k monthly from 4am to 12am midnight with hard labour. I'm sick and tired of everything.
Can someone tell me what to do?
So in what way is he nice paying you 28k salary?
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by occfx: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

My boss is so nice but goddamn that man's so hectic with jombo size anger issue... His temper's so short to the extend that asking him a statement you don't understand twice might trigger his anger and once his angry his staffs'd dress back cos his hand might land on your face unaware.

Yesterday this man bought 25ltr of fuel and told me to give his brother 10ltr and filled the gen with the remaining, which i did. I started work 5:am this morning only for this man to called on phone to give one of his bus 5ltr of fuel from the 'keg' so i was like which of the keg actually and that's it, this man begin dey para ontop of his voice. After giving the 5ltr to the bus, this bus no gree reach filling station then my boss started again with so much noise "go and off the gen rn. I can stop you from working and lotta words" for work of 28k monthly from 4am to 12am midnight with hard labour. I'm sick and tired of everything.

If you are nice you are nice... If you like vex and cut high tension wire that's your business... I will concentrate on your niceness. Life is simple
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2023
letout:

28k per week or monthly?
Monthly.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2023
occfx:

If you are nice you are nice... If you like vex and cut high tension wire that's your business... I will concentrate on your niceness. Life is simple
Some niceness comes with pain bro.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Blitzking: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

If a boss raise him voice I raise my voice back...99 percent of salary work/wages in nigeria is slavery cos the take home can't take u home u have to cut corners orfleece the same boss. Some amount I see as monthly wages in nigeria annoys me to my bone..
Even if u work for someone alway think what next lesson from a general who is also a father figure come to think of it should be our default state of mind..save 20 to 50 percent Nd manage the rest then think use it to open a side hustle u will be amazed overtime it might even pay u more than your job.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2023
CaveAdullam:
What you must be deliberating on is how to protect your sanity. And you do that by staying aloof from him.

I guessed he must have been told about regulating his anger issues before. But you know, adults hardly change.

Till you exit from his company, just do your exact job duties. Don't do more; don't do less. Don't even try to please him. Don't act like a coward.

Thanks.
Thanks alot.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

Everybody get their weaknesses and na him own be this you get, in the times he shouts, does he call you derogatory names?
If you fit manage fine, if not find another one. Cheers
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Godada:

Dealing with people with anger issues is usually a tricky business.

Ideally, hot temper and tantrums are qualities you see in babies and little kids but sadly adults also have failed to embrace the virtue of patience and self control

The best way to deal with such people is to tiptoe around them.

Give them a lots of space.

Start working on getting another job.

Vamoose when the new job arrives.

Anger is a counterproductive vice that destroys anything in its wake.
Thanks
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by kinkydude: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
Be careful for now and keep yourself out of harm's way. People with anger issues tend to strike with any object at any time.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Myer(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

If you like him, begin to pray for him.
Anger lies in the belly of fools.

Only God can deliver one from Anger. Anger destroys a lot.
I perceive he's frustrated by a lot- probably home challenges, business challenges, etc.

If you can, try as much as possible to avoid him when he's throwing his tantrums.
I'll suggest you start working on getting another job. If you're single, it's still easy for you to quit.

On the positive side, working under such a boss will build your self-control and tolerance.
You'll be able to handle and cope with any one.
Also if you're able to know what he wants and get it done the way he wants, he'll value you so well.
So always, try to get clarity on what he wants and how.

A (wo)man who cannot control their spirit is like an open gate for any spirit to enter.
Anger is not necessarily a sin but what he causes people to do.
People and situation of things especially in Nigeria can always get one angry, but we have to learn self-control.
I've even come to find, what was meant to provoke me most times is actually a situation for me to allow the wisdom of God to prevail and proffer solution.

Good luck and Grace to you and may God have mercy on your boss.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by occfx: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

Some niceness comes with pain bro.

Then it's not been nice, it's been cunning
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Hussein27: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
I can't imagine a boss who's nice and still has anger issue management.

Anyway you do be careful and follow your boss jeje.

Know all that triggers hiss anger and avoid doing it. And above all be patient and prayerful.

I sell affordable data subscription plans.

Because with Data subscription all things are possible now.

And with affordable data prices you will even do more and enjoy high life entertainment and solid information around the clock.

At WittyHustle Data Subscription Shop you'll get that kind of data for all your internet connection experiences and needs.

WhatsApp 09017482345 now

Stay safe. Stay fit.

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by casualobserver: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

The biggest problem I have with Nigerian staff is that they speak English but they do not really understand English. I find myself having to ask them “what did I say?” After any instruction to ensure they understand what I said.

Unfortunately, we’ve raised a lot of people who don’t truly understand English and there is a communication problem. There is a reason why foreign universities ask Nigerians to take English proficiency tests despite being supposedly an English speaking country.

My advice to you is to repeat any instructions as you understand it to your boss to confirm you are on the same page

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by MemoriesAndMe: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2023
You can't change such a person especially since he's ur boss. So it's best you look for an alternative job.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Tozocalamity: 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
I cant work with you if u get angry very quickly becos we must clash. That alone annoys me.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by winner37(m): 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2023
Sorry to ask ,Pls are you a gatekeeper or what ?
No advice to you bro ,just plan your life I move out as soon as possible ...
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by dNortherner(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
Marynwachukwu21:
When they start with their anger issue,you have to give space and be quiet for them
Mash'Allah! Nice one OP from Marynwachukwu21 but given space does not mean you should leave their presence like as if they're chasing you but whenever he start be quite, do not look into his eyes and say "sorry sir", remember, do not repeatedly say it but in a coded way.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Akjohny: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
You just need to keep quiet whenever you notice he or she is angry.. then after some time you can bring in another interesting idea that can move the company forward.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by stuffs2002: 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2023
Run oo

Someone with Anger issues would stab you to death out of anger only to start crying after the deed has been done.

Anger issues is a huge problem. Many people are on death sentence due to their anger issues
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by darkmarky(m): 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2023
Nice boss that has anger issues? Does it correlate?
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by rohangold: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
Always agree and do the yes sir always. Promise you'll get away with it
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Childofaking: 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
You say he is nice and pay you 28k per month and have anger problem ?

This combination is not good enough.

If he has anger problem and pays very good salary, i will take it and endure.

i can't take 28k /month and still endure anger. No sir, look for another job.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Marynwachukwu21(f): 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2023
dNortherner:
Mash'Allah! Nice one OP from Marynwachukwu21 but given space does not mean you should leave their presence like as if they're chasing you but whenever he start be quite, do not look into his eyes and say "sorry sir", remember, do not repeatedly say it but in a coded way.
Exactly
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Kevineleven(m): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
I think your boss takes cocaine secretly grin
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Akalia(m): 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Aniedi30:
Take it easy Bro.. sometimes we don't get it easy always....His nice Good and be also have his own issues just overlook bro after all insult no dey kill person...
Why do we nice people have anger issues? Atleast that's the bad side of us people complain about.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by phemmyfour: 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

Very easy....when he's angry, just keep mute. When he's wrong, don't challenge him until he requests for your opinion

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by God2man2again(m): 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
Silent.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Ay92(m): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
This is exactly what I'm facing at work. Relatively high pay, free lunch, allowances from time to time but the man has a very terrible character, gets angry at the slightest provocation, you dare not ask him any question or tell him to repeat himself, work sometimes begin at 4am and we sometimes close around 10pm, we deal with fuel also. But I've found a solution though
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Gofwane(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
Just learn the job, be the very best in it that they can't do without you after then when kasala burst, scatter ground.
I remember when I burst Abbey mouth at work because of a disagreement and they gave me 2 weeks suspension. 3 days later, they sent driver with oga motor to come pick me up at home cos machine spoiled and no one knows how to fix it. That was the end of the suspension.
PS: it worked for me, might not work for you oh.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by tableshaker: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
By doing ur job well and avoid confrontation by all means
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Segzy19: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
Just learn how to manage him or her .

Know what triggers him or her and avoid it or reduce it ...

You should know how to manage your boss
We all find ourselves in such situations....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OpenAI Co-Founder, Greg Brockman, Resigns / Should I Quit My Part-Time Job? / Do You Love Your Current Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.