Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? (10750 Views)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by YourGFsnatcher: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:
As the topic says, how can you work under an hectic boss?

My boss is so nice but goddamn that man's so hectic with jombo size anger issue... His temper's so short to the extend that asking him a statement you don't understand twice might trigger his anger and once his angry his staffs'd dress back cos his hand might land on your face unaware.

Yesterday this man bought 25ltr of fuel and told me to give his brother 10ltr and filled the gen with the remaining, which i did. I started work 5:am this morning only for this man to called on phone to give one of his bus 5ltr of fuel from the 'keg' so i was like which of the keg actually and that's it, this man begin dey para ontop of his voice. After giving the 5ltr to the bus, this bus no gree reach filling station then my boss started again with so much noise "go and off the gen rn. I can stop you from working and lotta words" for work of 28k monthly from 4am to 12am midnight with hard labour. I'm sick and tired of everything.
Can someone tell me what to do?

They are all the same. The big question is... does he want you to grow? Are you growing? Hoes he have your best interests at heart? If the answes are yes then forget salary for now ... you will still go far, but If the answers are no, then you need a new job. A boss that doesn't have your best interest or a job that doesn't allow you to grow is a useless job
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
olakraft:
There's no perfect way to deal with an abusive employer. People like that will only learn to respect their workers when they notice that nobody wants to work for them.

Since you're earning a meagre 28k, my advice is for you to be on the lookout for a better job & when u find one, give him a piece of your mind and leave his job for him.

Life's not hard at all...

Thanks man!
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by 4KNGOATS(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
First off be nice and having anger issues signifies you're not nice at all. When you say someone is nice,such person has to be nice to the core.i hate people who say they're nice but never take it easy when they're provoked mtchewww.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

They are all the same. The big question is... does he want you to grow? Are you growing? Hoes he have your best interests at heart? If the answes are yes then forget salary for now ... you will still go far, but If the answers are no, then you need a new job. A boss that doesn't have your best interest or a job that doesn't allow you to grow is a useless job

You're actually right, thanks.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2023
4KNGOATS:
First off be nice and having anger issues signifies you're not nice at all. When you say someone is nice,such person has to be nice to the core.i hate people who say they're nice but never take it easy when they're provoked mtchewww.

Nobi small thing o.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2023
inoki247:
He go be....

Thank God say Man no be God....

Ah swear.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2023
Blitzking:
If a boss raise him voice I raise my voice back...99 percent of salary work/wages in nigeria is slavery cos the take home can't take u home u have to cut corners orfleece the same boss. Some amount I see as monthly wages in nigeria annoys me to my bone..
Even if u work for someone alway think what next lesson from a general who is also a father figure come to think of it should be our default state of mind..save 20 to 50 percent Nd manage the rest then think use it to open a side hustle u will be amazed overtime it might even pay u more than your job.

Which side hustle can someone vent into in this era? Enlight me pls.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by omasanbobo(m): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Aniedi30:
Take it easy Bro.. sometimes we don't get it easy always....His nice Good and be also have his own issues just overlook bro after all insult no dey kill person...
I hate people like you who try so hard to appear reasonable every damn time. Boss and work are both pieces of shit, let the young man express his anger before his mental health goes to shit.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Johel(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

My boss is so nice but goddamn that man's so hectic with jombo size anger issue... His temper's so short to the extend that asking him a statement you don't understand twice might trigger his anger and once his angry his staffs'd dress back cos his hand might land on your face unaware.

Yesterday this man bought 25ltr of fuel and told me to give his brother 10ltr and filled the gen with the remaining, which i did. I started work 5:am this morning only for this man to called on phone to give one of his bus 5ltr of fuel from the 'keg' so i was like which of the keg actually and that's it, this man begin dey para ontop of his voice. After giving the 5ltr to the bus, this bus no gree reach filling station then my boss started again with so much noise "go and off the gen rn. I can stop you from working and lotta words" for work of 28k monthly from 4am to 12am midnight with hard labour. I'm sick and tired of everything.

Anytime he's angry, buy him viju chocolate drink....lol
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Aniedi30(m): 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
I don't know you and u don't know me and u don't even make any sense... Just look front and Bleep off
omasanbobo:

I hate people like you who try so hard to appear reasonable every damn time. Boss and work are both pieces of shit, let the young man express his anger before his mental health goes to shit.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Jamie1000: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
Plan your exit ASAP
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2023
Johel:

Anytime he's angry, buy him viju chocolate drink....lol
WTF BRO.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2023
Jamie1000:
Plan your exit ASAP
I no wan commot sitdown for house nooni.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Blitzking: 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

Which side hustle can someone vent into in this era? Enlight me pls.
a lot ..depends on your financial capability or how much u av saved..some take time to build a name or reputation but one thing u should realise is the present economy will slow the pace of growth but don't worry.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by omasanbobo(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
Aniedi30:
I don't know you and u don't know me and u don't even make any sense... Just look front and Bleep off
Mugu
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by YourGFsnatcher: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

You're actually right, thanks.
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
Blitzking:
a lot ..depends on your financial capability or how much u av saved..some take time to build a name or reputation but one thing u should realise is the present economy will slow the pace of growth but don't worry.

A'ight bro.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Jamie1000: 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

I no wan commot sitdown for house nooni.

Then plan your exit Or remain a slave. Even your little business can fetch you more than this trash
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Probz(m): 12:13am On Oct 13, 2023
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by bukatyne(f): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2023
Googledotcom:
From experience, as an employee, be slow to anger, slow to speak and quick to listen. (James 1, 19-20)

And this doesn't apply to employers? undecided
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by odedeletee(m): 10:02am On Oct 13, 2023
A good thing to do is to understand what triggers him. His triggers may that he expects his staff to use their initiative or he doesn't like to be questioned or he expects people to know what to do without being told etc. Take your time to study him and identify how he likes to work and align. If you know him, you will enjoy him. Not because his anger will reduce but because you have found a way to preserve yourself while around him.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Johel(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

WTF BRO.

Sorry grin grin
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Emekuz256(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2023
That's the same thing I passed through before I eventually stopped, cos no happiness in working their. Bro the choice is yours
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 11:59am On Oct 13, 2023
Emekuz256:
That's the same thing I passed through before I eventually stopped, cos no happiness in working their. Bro the choice is yours

I'll work on it ASAP.
E no easy to endure for so long.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by RealAlubarika(m): 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

28k for 4:00AM to 12AM, leave that job Asap for your sanity.
Are you a graduate?

We rise by lifting others.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by Mom007(f): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
That man may not have been like that before o... its the plenty issues in Nigeria that may be frustrating him. If that job is all you are managing for now then apply wisdom and patience. Try to be up and doing always and try to be proactive. Don't wait around to be told what to do. Sometimes do helpful and useful things before being told.
That being said, your employer has no right to hit you. If he doesn't need your services anymore , the worst he can do is sack you. Anything else is abuse.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2023
RealAlubarika:

28k for 4:00AM to 12AM, leave that job Asap for your sanity.
Are you a graduate?

We rise by lifting others.

Just o'level holder. But i'm ready and willing to work hard anywhere if the pay would be fine and fair pls let my low cert' be a minor issue.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2023
Mom007:
That man may not have been like that before o... its the plenty issues in Nigeria that may be frustrating him. If that job is all you are managing for now then apply wisdom and patience. Try to be up and doing always and try to be proactive. Don't wait around to be told what to do. Sometimes do helpful and useful things before being told.
That being said, your employer has no right to hit you. If he doesn't need your services anymore , the worst he can do is sack you. Anything else is abuse.

Thanks for the advice, and that's the only job at hand rn.
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by letout: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

Monthly.

Are you based in Lagos? What’d you study?
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2023
letout:

Are you based in Lagos? What’d you study?

Yh, i live around lagos.
Study mathematics but dude was a drop-out cos his parent can't afford his fee after losing his father. But pls let not my o'level cert' be the reason you won't be helping me out. Any work that can fetch me more money than my current job would be fine...
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by letout: 9:57am On Oct 15, 2023
ImmanuelMyron:

Yh, i live around lagos.
Study mathematics but dude was a drop-out cos his parent can't afford his fee after losing his father. But pls let not my o'level cert' be the reason you won't be helping me out. Any work that can fetch me more money than my current job would be fine...
Quote your email and name
Re: How Can You Cope With A Nice But Anger Issue Boss? by ImmanuelMyron(m): 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
letout:

Quote your email and name

I'm currently using small phone, how about you quote me your digit lemme give you a call. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Love Your Current Job? / OpenAI Co-Founder, Greg Brockman, Resigns / Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.