Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) (36979 Views)

79 Medical Doctors Resign From Kogi Govt Hospitals / My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by jaephoenix(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
FxMasterz:

It was not your normal writing. It is part of your professional training which has now become second nature to you. The question is, why must you learn a new way to write in the first place? Why must you abandon your normal handwriting for a new illegible one? Do I have to write in your native language for you to understand?
Did you read the part of my earlier post where I said I changed it to adapt to the rigors of the training, during classes and ward rounds?
Do you experience this lapse in memory everyday or are you getting senile dementia everyday?
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by FxMasterz: 10:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Did you read the part of my earlier post where I said I changed it to adapt to the rigors of the training, during classes and ward rounds?
Do you experience this lapse in memory everyday or are you getting senile dementia everyday?

Did you read the part where I asked why you had to learn a new form of writing? Why you just had to be taught some new handwriting? To what purpose? While I know it's a deliberate measure to prevent patients from being able to read in order to avoid self medication which obviously have dire consequences, perhaps you don't even know, otherwise you would have included that in your defence. The sarcastic comment about 'docs collecting your money' was what irked you. You never stated the Purpose for your learning a new handwriting. Or you didn't read that part of my comment? You probably forgot. Do you experience this lapse in memory everyday or are you getting senile dementia everyday?
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by godwon01(m): 12:07am On Oct 18, 2023
Because , you are not in the medical profession , that is the reason why you think it is very difficult. Secondly, all the medical terminologies on the prescription are use to make it difficult for the quark people to understand the purpose of the treatment.
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by godwon01(m): 12:21am On Oct 18, 2023
(1) Chloramphenicol eye drop , 2 drops 3 times daily for one week.
2) latbiane tablet 2 tablet for two times for 5 days
(3) Piriton tablet one to be taking at night for 3 days.
Others are tetracycline, vitamin c and ibuprofen tablet.to be taken 3 times for 5 days.
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Kingzjayzee: 12:23am On Oct 18, 2023
Zonefree:
They don't want you to go another place to get the drugs. They'll direct you to a specific pharmacy with such handwriting.
na business strategy. grin
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by jaephoenix(m): 12:33am On Oct 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

Did you read the part where I asked why you had to learn a new form of writing? Why you just had to be taught some new handwriting? To what purpose? While I know it's a deliberate measure to prevent patients from being able to read in order to avoid self medication which obviously have dire consequences, perhaps you don't even know, otherwise you would have included that in your defence. The sarcastic comment about 'docs collecting your money' was what irked you. You never stated the Purpose for your learning a new handwriting. Or you didn't read that part of my comment? You probably forgot. Do you experience this lapse in memory everyday or are you getting senile dementia everyday?
Lol. I see youre as retarded in everyday convo as well as religious. I have explained why i have this handwriting. And from what I read here, I'm not the only one. You owe docs an apology for your accusation but knowing u, the sun has to turn to ice before you think of it. Good night
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by jaephoenix(m): 12:36am On Oct 18, 2023
godwon01:
Because , you are not in the medical profession , that is the reason why you think it is very difficult. Secondly, all the medical terminologies on the prescription are use to make it difficult for the quark people to understand the purpose of the treatment.
Not true. Especially the bolded. If so, we wouldn't be explaining the drugs to patients. If we wanted to hide it from them, why explain?
The terminologies is to make the prescriptions quicker and easier, and to write as many as possible in a short time.
Get your shit together
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Tundex911: 12:36am On Oct 18, 2023
Funny enough

Pharmacy knows all what they write on the paper
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by FxMasterz: 1:30am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. I see youre as retarded in everyday convo as well as religious. I have explained why i have this handwriting. And from what I read here, I'm not the only one. You owe docs an apology for your accusation but knowing u, the sun has to turn to ice before you think of it. Good night

Lol. I see you're as retarded in everyday convo as well as religious. You are even a misfit for your profession. Stating that you learnt the handwriting from med school to re-echo what I already stated did not add any value to the conversation. I even added more value to help you know why you learnt what you learnt, but being a dullard, you didn't seem to grasp anything. I owe docs no apology since you never explained anything. Who doesn't know you learnt it from med school? No one asked you to explain why you have the handwriting, the purpose of the handwriting is the crux of the matter. You're just too dull. You owe me an apology for your insults but knowing u, the sun has to turn to ice before you think of it. Good night.
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by amila20042001: 3:19am On Oct 18, 2023
The writing is quite clear.
Patient has itchy inflamed eyes suspected to be allergy, stomach upset and body/headache.
Enemyofpeace:
Can you read this handwriting? Does anyone understand what is written on the prescription form? Do they write like this deliberately for patients not to understand what they wrote?
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by BRATISLAVA: 6:00am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

You still don't understand.
Someone with viral conjunctivitis has hyperlacrimations(excessive eye secretions) and gritty eyes, and thus would rub his eyes to clear them and reduce the pain, itchiness and fluid. Now he'll come to the hospital and open the doors with virus(and bacteria superinfection) laden hands. The next patient with something different like malaria comes, opens the same door and picks up some virus. Then rubs his eyes or nose, few days later gets it. He may also pick it if he borrows a pen or a personal object from the conjunctivitis guy. Would you say the second person(malaria patient) has poor hygiene?
That's why I regularly wipe down my consulting room door handles with spirit swab after I get these cases. To prevent the next patient picking it up

It is down to poor hygiene. The person with excess lacrimation ought to wash their hands with antiseptic soaps or better still catch the liquid with something absorbent and disposable. And people should know by now that there are viruses and bacteria lurking on nearly every surface and wash their hands frequently. By now everyone ought to wear a mask in public and make use of hand sanitizers. It's a hygiene thing.

The person with conjunctivitis is unhygienic to touch everywhere with their effluent. And the person without it is responsible for themselves, to protect themselves from it. I have seen people with the condition and I can only conclude that it is caused by poor hygiene on their part, and ignorance of their poor hygiene by others.
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by havecycle: 7:26am On Oct 18, 2023
I no dey even bother to read anything from them
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Abdullahi4u7(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2023
I think it's because they write too much. They no longer care about the legibility as it may slower their writing pace. They write too much. Trust me.
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Kaybaba5(m): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2023
Zonefree:

@bolded. You're wrong.

I went to a federal medical center sometime last two years and the doctor prescribed some medications for me. He directed me to a specific pharmacy. On getting there, the quack auxiliary nurse seems not to understand the handwriting. She called the doctor for explanation.

I later found out the doctor is the owner of the pharmacy.

The guy might be right though
May be the said auxiliary nurse is an olodo
I worked at the hospital not as doctor or nurse I can boldly tell you what is written up there from beginning to the end….
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by godwon01(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Not true. Especially the bolded. If so, we wouldn't be explaining the drugs to patients. If we wanted to hide it from them, why explain?
The terminologies is to make the prescriptions quicker and easier, and to write as many as possible in a short time.
Get your shit together
Stop abusing me Ok. Medical profession is a noble one and as a professional you don't abuse. As part of the code of conduct , you are supposed to be tolerant. That is my thought and if you are submitting your views, you need to be objective and tolerant. I belong to the profession and I am very humble in my practice. You don't need to impose your write up on me as the right answer. When you were in the college of medicine , do you argue patient case note the same during ward round. When a consultant is doing ward round , during your housemanship, do you expect your colleagues to present their views as yours. What is the reason for MTD meeting. This is a forum that brings diverse professionals together and we are here to share opinions. You behave.
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Johnkennie(m): 11:55am On Oct 18, 2023
Some of them cannot spell correctly grin
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by okoroemeka(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Can you read this handwriting? Does anyone understand what is written on the prescription form? Do they write like this deliberately for patients not to understand what they wrote?
I think the reason is that their brain is working too fast for the normal writing to cope,so in trying to match the processing speed of the brain the writing has to be fast,so you get such
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by jaephoenix(m): 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
godwon01:
Stop abusing me Ok. Medical profession is a noble one and as a professional you don't abuse. As part of the code of conduct , you are supposed to be tolerant. That is my thought and if you are submitting your views, you need to be objective and tolerant. I belong to the profession and I am very humble in my practice. You don't need to impose your write up on me as the right answer. When you were in the college of medicine , do you argue patient case note the same during ward round. When a consultant is doing ward round , during your housemanship, do you expect your colleagues to present their views as yours. What is the reason for MTD meeting. This is a forum that brings diverse professionals together and we are here to share opinions. You behave.
Where did I abuse you, sire? sad
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Riayatech1234(f): 7:43am On Oct 20, 2023
Healthcare practice management solution by Riayatech All facets of operating a healthcare firm are supported by Office Practice Management and Riayatech Enterprise Practice Management. Practices can save time, enhance patient care, raise staff satisfaction, increase revenue, and include patients in their own healthcare with the help of claim denial management, automated eligibility checks, a proprietary clearinghouse, a patient portal, and drag-and-drop scheduling.

https://riayatech.ae/

At Riayatech, we understand the critical importance of healthcare in people's lives, and that's why our dedicated team of experts is committed to creating cutting-edge digital experiences that enhance efficiency, accessibility, and patient care. Our mission is to bridge the gap between healthcare and technology, enabling seamless interactions and improved outcomes for all.
Riayatech web solutions offer a dynamic platform for healthcare institutions to engage with patients, streamline administrative processes, and facilitate secure communication between doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals. Through intuitive interfaces and personalized features, we empower healthcare providers to deliver a higher standard of care, while patients enjoy convenient access to their health information and virtual consultations.
https://riayatech.ae/practice-management-system/

With our mobile applications, we bring healthcare directly to users' fingertips. Our user-centric designs prioritize simplicity and functionality, ensuring that patients can effortlessly manage appointments, access medical records, receive health reminders, and even connect with practitioners through telemedicine options. These apps are engineered to enhance patient engagement, encourage proactive health management, and foster a sense of empowerment over one's well-being.

Riayatech Healthcare software development expertise shines through in the creation of robust and secure systems that optimize healthcare operations. From electronic health records (EHR) systems that streamline patient data management to intricate clinical decision support tools that aid medical professionals in making informed choices, our software solutions are designed to enhance accuracy, efficiency, and collaboration across the healthcare ecosystem.
https://riayatech.ae/hospital-information-system/
What sets Riayatech apart is our deep understanding of healthcare regulations and standards, ensuring that our solutions are compliant with industry guidelines and prioritize patient data privacy and security. We leverage the latest technologies, including artificial intelligence, blockchain, and data analytics, to provide future-proof solutions that evolve with the changing landscape of healthcare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help!! How Do I Get Rid Of These Spots On My Knees? / Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets / Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.