Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled (2462 Views)

The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife / Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It / Ovonramwen Nogbaisi: The Oba Of Benin Conquered And Exiled To Calabar By British (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by VEHINTOLAR: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
Gibberish!

1 Like

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 6:37am On Oct 16, 2023
Ologbo147:
it cannot be interpreted in another language , you are just being vividly desperate and slimy. If not that you saw it online, you wouldn’t have gotten an interpretation to it

That Olokun was already in Ethiope long before it got to Ughoton is not in doubt, they have a full festival in urhonigbe.

Get your logic right, that the Europeans did not discover it in Ethiope does not mean it has not been in existence in Urhonigbe. Infact there is very little eye witness accounts on urhonigbe as a whole. Through oral accounts, we know that Urhonigbe is Olokun and Olokun is Urhonigbe

For the fact that all Bini eastern communities that celebrate the Ekaba festival lay claim to deriving it from Urhonigbe and not Ughoton tells of its solidity in Urhonigbe.

Lastly for the fact that the mightiest Olokun shrine in Edo state is in Urhonigbe tells of the fact that if there is any community that got it from the other, it is certainly Ughoton that got it from Urhonigbe

The Yorubas are cultural and heritage thieves, we have no similarities with them, they are trying to twist history, our prince who exiled to Uhe (Ife) created Ile'Ife, and is who they call Oduduwa, if you look at the timelines we are much older and have established our kingship way before, I mean thousands of years before Ile'Ife was created.

Ogiso has nothing to do with yorubas or Ile'Ife, Ogisos are aboriginal Benin people, who were the ruling class, at this point, there was no Yoruba or Ile'Ife... Benin Prince created Ile'Ife, because Ile'Ife is the beginning of the Yoruba tribe and race, via Oduduwa, because the emergence of oduduwa is the beginning of Yoruba kingdom.

Benin kingdom birthed the entire Southern Nigeria...I mean we made it into a thriving viable zone, not saying all southerners are Benin people, but we built it...we are the first kingdom and empire in Southern Nigeria.

The Efiks and Nri people make up calabar and Igbos, these are ancient people too, so we are different people and tribes.

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Jogs1900: 6:35pm On Oct 17, 2023
creativehubb:

They are aboriginal Benin people not Yoruba,

'Ogiso' derived from the description Ogie n' oriso (meaning king in heaven). These are the earliest people that formed what is known as Benin today, Ogiso doesn't sound Yoruba at all, in syntax or context, you people are culture and heritage thieves, focus on your weak Ile'Ife, it has nothing to do with us, Ile'Ife is a weak kingdom compared to Benin empire, Ile'Ife only started getting prominence when the Benin prince exiled there, the Benin prince is your progenitor.

Benin people emerged about 5000 years ago, am talking BCE...at that point there was no kingdom of Ile'Ife just wilderness and jungles. Empirical evidence would have survived if such close knit relationship exist, use your brain. The difference in everything will show you, we had no such close knit relationship, the only time we related was when the Benin prince went on exile, and stayed at a place called Uhe (Ife), when he got there, there still was no organized ile'Ife kingdom yet, just indegenous Yoruba people scattered over the place. How can a people not yet organized rule others?

Ogodomigodo and Ogiso are Edo words and lexicons, not Yoruba.

We are not Yoruba, our progenitors are different, bloodline different, culture different, no similarities. Your oduduwa common ancestry with us has been debunked, the person you refer to as Oduduwa was a Benin Prince...that makes you under us.

You are quick to bring up Lagos and Benin yet no connection with the Yorubas..How is that possible?

http://about.jstor.org/terms

1 Like

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
Jogs1900:

You are quick to bring up Lagos and Benin yet no connection with the Yorubas..How is that possible?

http://about.jstor.org/terms
Una oba dey too lie, won't take you people serious anymore, you keep publishing falsehoods, refer to my previous mentions, any tribal bigot can create a post online and share. Last time Ooni said igbos came from Yoruba, Today your oba said Yoruba was the first human, tomorrow you clowns will use that as reference. Everybody knows where igbos are from and where the first humans are from, same way everyone knows Benin and Yoruba are not one, no Yoruba blood in our dynasty, but yorubas were subjects of Benin, even our prince who sojourned into uhe (ife), when there was no ile'Ife became your oduduwa and his son became your oranmiyan. Benin people are your Kings, you were subjects.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ologbo147:
it cannot be interpreted in another language , you are just being vividly desperate and slimy. If not that you saw it online, you wouldn’t have gotten an interpretation to it

That Olokun was already in Ethiope long before it got to Ughoton is not in doubt, they have a full festival in urhonigbe.

Get your logic right, that the Europeans did not discover it in Ethiope does not mean it has not been in existence in Urhonigbe. Infact there is very little eye witness accounts on urhonigbe as a whole. Through oral accounts, we know that Urhonigbe is Olokun and Olokun is Urhonigbe

For the fact that all Bini eastern communities that celebrate the Ekaba festival lay claim to deriving it from Urhonigbe and not Ughoton tells of its solidity in Urhonigbe.

Lastly for the fact that the mightiest Olokun shrine in Edo state is in Urhonigbe tells of the fact that if there is any community that got it from the other, it is certainly Ughoton that got it from Urhonigbe

Stop posting lies. Which Olokun was in Ethiokpe ? Revisionism at the peak with these bunch of Edo people.

As far as the Southern part of Edo is,Oranmiyan was in Igodomigodo as at 1170 AD, and that was how Ifa found its way into Igodomigodo land.

Infact, foreigners that invaded Igodomigodo made the likes of Urhobo,Isoko elope to farther side of Edo which is now Niger Delta. Today we know of the treaty between Oba Bini and the Ogiames.

Anyway, whatever that is lying is synonymous with many of you claiming false history just to subvert true history.Oken Olokun was a descendant of Ekarlederan . Urhonigbe history is tales by moonlight. Ten gates and city of warriors grin

If I ask you what olokun means ? Ethiokpe is Olokun grin cheesy according to Edo version.

You people won't kill us with all these fable. Enjoy your weekend cool
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Ologbo147: 2:11am On Oct 21, 2023
Olu317:
Stop posting lies. Which Olokun was in Ethiokpe ? Revisionism at the peak with these bunch of Edo people.

As far as the Southern part of Edo is,Oranmiyan was in Igodomigodo as at 1170 AD, and that was how Ifa found its way into Igodomigodo land.

Infact, foreigners that invaded Igodomigodo made the likes of Urhobo,Isoko elope to farther side of Edo which is now Niger Delta. Today we know of the treaty between Oba Bini and the Ogiames.

Anyway, whatever that is lying is synonymous with many of you claiming false history just to subvert true history.Oken Olokun was a descendant of Ekarlederan . Urhonigbe history is tales by moonlight. Ten gates and city of warriors grin

If I ask you what olokun means ? Ethiokpe is Olokun grin cheesy according to Edo version.

You people won't kill us with all these fable. Enjoy your weekend cool
you are so quick to point out a fable but you can’t see how weak the argument is that a people will invite total strangers out of a people they know nothing about. There was/is nothing like Ifa in Edo.

I should be the one laughing and not you at your story usually devoid of logic but I am not a clown who just laughs without facts and downplay other people’s history if It doesn’t fit your Yoruba mythical laced history.

What treaty are you talking about? There was no treaty, our ancestors wrote no agreement.

Urhonigbe’s history is not fable, till today its size is over 855 kilometers square of land. It was the largest town in the whole Benin kingdom by size larger than precolonial Benin city which was mere 250 kilometers square. Benin City was a city of seven gates while that of Urhonigbe was ten because it was obviously bigger.
Yes it was the city of warriors and it is still the city of warriors. To show how, In many of the their festivals, they still observe the wrestling bout called Eeven
They also probably had the largest military post in the whole of the Bini empire outside that of uromi.

I don’t see what is fable about a town of ten gates, ten doors if not that you are just been plain silly or anything you can’t insert Yoruba inside does not matter to you. That’s the meaning of the name of the town in the first place. Urho~means doors, Igbe~means ten. That is basically the name of their town. And Indeed they are warriors, it reflects in their build. I can stake my money you can’t beat an Urhonigbe man that grew up in Urhonigbe in a wrestling bout. They practice it yearly there and they rehearse upfront several months each year for it. It is not a small place my brother, it was estimated to be close to 100,000 in the year 2000. It is certainly up to now or more in population.
You can read that article below to confirm the land size and the population of the place. Paragraph 8. Mind you that article was written in the year 2000

I am not subverting anything, I just used sheer logic for you, the fact that they did not get to Ethiope does not mean it has not been there. It is only when you go to a place you discover, what if you don’t go, you are limited with the knowledge you have from where you went to. It’s simple logic. There’s very little or no eye witness accounts for Urhonigbe. The spread from Urhonigbe and the reverence it is given at Urhonigbe. It is so easy to see who borrowed from the Other. Ethiope was like the lifeblood of Urhonigbe for several centuries, it was their water source maybe their only water source, i believe that’s how the reverence grew in ancient times

That is Oral history my friend, there is no archaeological evidence to prove that. And besides these people do take the migration of a few set of “important” individuals into their communities as the migration of the entire community.

What is basically Olokun. It’s worship of a body of water, it’s not more than that. Aside the name that looks Alike, it’s what any group can evolve on their own. Urhonigbe has no tradition of borrowing from Anywhere even if you put a gun to their head

Okun symbolically means a lot of things from abundance, to wealth, prosperity, endless wealth etc. The late captain Hosa’s daughter that is married to the Olu of Warri is by name Okun.

Okun is the word for sea, generally large body of water , Eze is the word for river, that’s why Ethiope is called so because it’s considerably larger than ikpoba,ovia,ogba etc. Urhonigbe named it so. That further strengthens the claim that urhonigbe Originated this worship for the Bini people
Olokun means lord or owner of the sea, Olo is used everyday in Benin with perfect sense, if you have stayed at least a day in Benin, you will know this, eg ole-bread, Oli-ize, Olo-Alubara, Ole-tomatoes, Ole-eyen,etc means owners of those products selling it.

If a 70 and beyond old Edo man travel to Libya and sees the Mediterranean, what will come out from his mouth is not Eze but Okun because of its size.

https://edofolks.com/html/pub23.htm

The last question I would love to ask you is this bearing this fact in mind.

1. The dictionary you went to check that talked about the fact that River Ethiope is Olokun was written in 1937. As at this time, the Oba and Benin kingdom was still in the western region. Yoruba-philic origin of the Benin stool was still flying around. If the Oba of Benin at this time consented to the fact that river Ethiope and not Ughoton river is Olokun then it indeed is. This is some of the purest form of truth that could come out for it have come out 85 years ago. He does not want to take what is Urhonigbe and give it to another tribe.

2. Egharevba is a heavily influenced Yoruba man, aside the fact he grew up in eastern Yoruba land and for the first time when he was 18 in 1911 came down to Benin city. Again his mother is also Yoruba. He supervised this work, you can check the preface. For him to have assented that River Ethiope is Olokun shows indeed it is

Edo is far mightier than your entire existence. So you can see this dictionary was made 26 years! before the Oba of Benin left the western region. So stop trying to write like the dictionary was written yesterday because of you to counter your story

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ologbo147:
you are so quick to point out a fable but you can’t see how weak the argument is that a people will invite total strangers out of a people they know nothing about. There was/is nothing like Ifa in Edo.

I should be the one laughing and not you at your story usually devoid of logic but I am not a clown who just laughs without facts and downplay other people’s history if It doesn’t fit your Yoruba mythical laced history.

What treaty are you talking about? There was no treaty, our ancestors wrote no agreement.

Urhonigbe’s history is not fable, till today its size is over 855 kilometers square of land. It was the largest town in the whole Benin kingdom by size larger than precolonial Benin city which was mere 250 kilometers square. Benin City was a city of seven gates while that of Urhonigbe was ten because it was obviously bigger.
Yes it was the city of warriors and it is still the city of warriors. To show how, In many of the their festivals, they still observe the wrestling bout called Eeven
They also probably had the largest military post in the whole of the Bini empire outside that of uromi.

I don’t see what is fable about a town of ten gates, ten doors if not that you are just been plain silly or anything you can’t insert Yoruba inside does not matter to you. That’s the meaning of the name of the town in the first place. Urho~means doors, Igbe~means ten. That is basically the name of their town. And Indeed they are warriors, it reflects in their build. I can stake my money you can’t beat an Urhonigbe man that grew up in Urhonigbe in a wrestling bout. They practice it yearly there and they rehearse upfront several months each year for it. It is not a small place my brother, it was estimated to be close to 100,000 in the year 2000. It is certainly up to now or more in population.
You can read that article below to confirm the land size and the population of the place. Paragraph 8. Mind you that article was written in the year 2000

I am not subverting anything, I just used sheer logic for you, the fact that they did not get to Ethiope does not mean it has not been there. It is only when you go to a place you discover, what if you don’t go, you are limited with the knowledge you have from where you went to. It’s simple logic. There’s very little or no eye witness accounts for Urhonigbe. The spread from Urhonigbe and the reverence it is given at Urhonigbe. It is so easy to see who borrowed from the Other. Ethiope was like the lifeblood of Urhonigbe for several centuries, it was their water source maybe their only water source, i believe that’s how the reverence grew in ancient times

That is Oral history my friend, there is no archaeological evidence to prove that. And besides these people do take the migration of a few set of “important” individuals into their communities as the migration of the entire community.

What is basically Olokun. It’s worship of a body of water, it’s not more than that. Aside the name that looks Alike, it’s what any group can evolve on their own. Urhonigbe has no tradition of borrowing from Anywhere even if you put a gun to their head

Okun symbolically means a lot of things from abundance, to wealth, prosperity, endless wealth etc. The late captain Hosa’s daughter that is married to the Olu of Warri is by name Okun.

Okun is the word for sea, generally large body of water , Eze is the word for river, that’s why Ethiope is called so because it’s considerably larger than ikpoba,ovia,ogba etc. Urhonigbe named it so. That further strengthens the claim that urhonigbe Originated this worship for the Bini people
Olokun means lord or owner of the sea, Olo is used everyday in Benin with perfect sense, if you have stayed at least a day in Benin, you will know this, eg ole-bread, Oli-ize, Olo-Alubara, Ole-tomatoes, Ole-eyen,etc means owners of those products selling it.

If a 70 and beyond old Edo man travel to Libya and sees the Mediterranean, what will come out from his mouth is not Eze but Okun because of its size.

1. The dictionary you went to check that talked about the fact that River Ethiope is Olokun was written in 1937. As at this time, the Oba and Benin kingdom was still in the western region. Yoruba-philic origin of the Benin stool was still flying around. If the Oba of Benin at this time consented to the fact that river Ethiope and not Ughoton river is Olokun then it indeed is. This is some of the purest form of truth that could come out for it have come out 85 years ago. He does not want to take what is Urhonigbe and give it to another tribe.

2. Egharevba is a heavily influenced Yoruba man, aside the fact he grew up in eastern Yoruba land and for the first time when he was 18 in 1911 came down to Benin city. Again his mother is also Yoruba. He supervised this work, you can check the preface. For him to have assented that River Ethiope is Olokun shows indeed it is

Edo is far mightier than your entire existence. So you can see this dictionary was made 26 years! before the Oba of Benin left the western region. So stop trying to write like the dictionary was written yesterday because of you to counter your story

Olokun is not body of water. Olokun means lord of water. Okun is large water or ocean
Aje is wealth and often refer as daughter of Olokun.

2. You may posit Egharevba as being influenced by Yoruba due to obvious reason,which is false. I wonder what he intended to gain to bring down Bini Kingdom ? Funny set of perspective.

Olokun as a word had been known by European Portuguese as at 1485/1486. So, stop reinventing unfounded information.

How many people were even in that settlement as 1400s? Ughotton account claimed the head of Ughotton and chief (leader) of the town is a direct descent of the founder of the town whose name was Ekarlederan , son of Ogiso who ran from Igodomigodo.

But here you are rewriting history of how Olokun as a name came to be ? Olokun came through Oranmiyan's ifaodu priests. Plainly, it emanated from Yoruba land.

Ifa corpus have stanzas that mentioned many things about Bini. So, I know better.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Ologbo147: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Olu317:
Olokun is not body of water. Olokun means lord of water. Okun is large water or ocean
Aje is wealth and often refer as daughter of Olokun.

2. You may posit Egharevba as being influenced by Yoruba due to obvious reason,which is false. I wonder what he intended to gain to bring down Bini Kingdom ? Funny set of perspective.

Olokun as a word had been known by European Portuguese as at 1485/1486. So, stop reinventing unfounded information.

How many people were even in that settlement as 1400s? Ughotton account claimed the head of Ughotton and chief (leader) of the town is a direct descent of the founder of the town whose name was Ekarlederan , son of Ogiso who ran from Igodomigodo.

But here you are rewriting history of how Olokun as a name came to be ? Olokun came through Oranmiyan's ifaodu priests. Plainly, it emanated from Yoruba land.

Ifa corpus have stanzas that mentioned many things about Bini. So, I know better.

It’s like you have some scuffle with understanding, i said Eghrevba even though being Yoruba influenced still managed to admit that river Ethiope is named Olokun to the Edos, what part of it don’t you understand.

Even Egharevba who supervised that dictionary does not agree with you, the oba of Benin at the time in 1937 who was neck deep in the western region supervised that dictionary and yet agreed Olokun was river Ethiope.

I can tell you for all it’s worth, according to Edo oral account Urhonigbe in terms of age is only surbordinate to Benin city and Udo. In that whole dictionary, it was the only Benin village that had that adjective “populous”,that already answers your question, There are over 400 villages in that dictionary, you will not find another

the fact that the Europeans did not go there does not mean it has not been in existence from time immemorial, that is sheer logic, their knowledge is only limited to where they went to. The Europeans knew the word Olokun in 1400. It already spread from Urhonigbe to other parts of Edo land light years before 1400.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Christistruth00: 12:06am On Oct 28, 2023
grin
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Ologbo147: 3:17am On Oct 28, 2023
Christistruth00:
grin
stop laughing like a clown here, only failures and semi~illiterates without enough point to defend themselves do that. express yourself or get the Bleep out of here

1 Like

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
Ologbo147:

Which ten gates ? You post childlike. Tge same Bini that had no known iron smelting setup before arrival from Ileife ? Archeological carbon dating fthese mysterious Ten gates willbe interesting to to learn from.

You kept accusing Egharevba as being influenced by Yoruba. But your own Igodomigodo ancestors history is tailored as skygod which is fashioned after oduduwa myth.

You people are funny because you all think Oduduwa was just one individual when infact there were many oduduwas in Yoruba Ifaodu history.

What truth ? A big lie about Ethiokpe in your defence. Unfortunately Ethiokpe was not in existence 1485/1486 when the Port Ughotton was been used by Portuguese to do bilateral tade with Bini kingdom. This is well documented by European scholars .

Even Ikponwonmsa in 1965, told us that Yoruba language of ife dialect was the official language of Benin palace until recently.Seriously,I do not have time for rigmarole juxtaposition . Stop lying posting story by moonlight
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Ologbo147: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
Olu317:
Which ten gates ? You post childlike. Tge same Bini that had no known iron smelting setup before arrival from Ileife ? Archeological carbon dating fthese mysterious Ten gates willbe interesting to to learn from.

You kept accusing Egharevba as being influenced by Yoruba. But your own Igodomigodo ancestors history is tailored as skygod which is fashioned after oduduwa myth.

You people are funny because you all think Oduduwa was just one individual when infact there were many oduduwas in Yoruba Ifaodu history.

What truth ? A big lie about Ethiokpe in your defence. Unfortunately Ethiokpe was not in existence 1485/1486 when the Port Ughotton was been used by Portuguese to do bilateral tade with Bini kingdom. This is well documented by European scholars .

Even Ikponwonmsa in 1965, told us that Yoruba language of ife dialect was the official language of Benin palace until recently.Seriously,I do not have time for rigmarole juxtaposition . Stop lying posting story by moonlight
even though the ten gate is not literal, there is no story anywhere that talked about the Binis borrowing iron smith technology from the Yoruba, what you will manage to find is brass casting and the supposed person that was sent from Yorubaland to come and teach the Binis brass casting manage to end with a Bini name still intelligible to the Binis even till date. The Binis have been iron smith from time immemorial

stop sounding childlike, you sound like a primary two, ten gates is not literal, it means a town with ten exits out of it, even precolonial Benin city had seven exits, with soldiers in each of these exits, i expected more from you, i think that is not what you should have taken literally, it is left for me to expect, the onus is now on you to prove if you are up to par in terms of intelligence.

If you are well read which i know you are not, you will know that every tribe in Africa and maybe every tribe in the world has a mythical creation story which looks similar, from the Egyptians to the isrealites to Edo to Ogoni to Yoruba to Urhobo to fanti to Ewe. There are only little differences here and there in all these stories, maybe the mythical creation stories of these various groups is fashioned after that of the Yoruba.

The argument of the Europeans did not go to Ethiope as such Ethiope did not exist as at 1485 shows how irreversibly dumb you are. Maybe the other Yoruba towns that the Europeans did not get to up till the 18th century did not also exist up till the time they got there. They never said it did not exist, they did not go there does not mean it did not exist. This low iq argument can only be seen among the Yoruba folks.

He was obviously and subconsciously influenced by it for a man who spent his first eighteen years in Yorubaland and whose mother is Yoruba. How obvious could that be?. But he still managed to agree that to the Edos , Ethiope is Olokun in 1937 before you ever came into existence and if your father was in existence at the time must have been a very minute child. So it is beyond you. You cannot compel Edo to be what you want her to be, she is far mightier than your entire existence.

My brother 1965 is just 58 years ago, there is no way Yoruba will be spoken in the palace till 1965 and there will be nobody to corroborate this story. Are you aware it was the Oba of Benin at the time Oba Akenzua the 2, and Humphrey Omo Osagie , that fought against Yoruba practices and Culture like Ogboni etcthat was been gradually introduced into Benin at the time while gaius Obaseki at the time, the vice president of the action group was receptive to it.

My father is no mean man in Benin, the late Amos Osunbor,the previous Eson of Benin was a family friend. He was born in the 30s. There is no way any of these occurrences would have happened without these people knowing it. So that is a thrash story my brother

2 Likes

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by UMUAZEE: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
Olu317:

What does your Ife Ifa corpus mention about Bini and why would it mention many things about Bini?
It definitely doesn't say Ife sent Oranmiyan to Bini or that Bini asked ife for a ruler.
It is very likely that Bini is an important part of Ife's foundation that is why ifa corpus would mention Bini, it recognizes the importance of Bini to Ife.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2023
UMUAZEE:

What does your Ife Ifa corpus mention about Bini and why would it mention many things about Bini?
It definitely doesn't say Ife sent Oranmiyan to Bini or that Bini asked ife for a ruler.
It is very likely that Bini is an important part of Ife's foundation that is why ifa corpus would mention Bini, it recognizes the importance of Bini to Ife.
Oh yes! There were ifaodu corpus on Bini which was an integral part of ileife Suzerainty .

Bini became a powerful Kingdom when bilateral trade contact was estabished with Portuguese in which there were access to dane gun. This triggered the plausible expansion to few Yoruba Eastern settlement which shortlived .

Unfortunately, the ifaodu corpus is not meant for here as such because such spirituality belonged to the initiates, hence, I cannot over emphasise such stanzas.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Ologbo147: 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
Olu317:
Oh yes! There were ifaodu corpus on Bini which was an integral part of ileife Suzerainty .

Bini became a powerful Kingdom when bilateral trade contact was estabished with Portuguese in which there were access to dane gun. This triggered the plausible expansion to few Yoruba Eastern settlement which shortlived .

Unfortunately, the ifaodu corpus is not meant for here as such because such spirituality belonged to the initiates, hence, I cannot over emphasise such stanzas.
Your Ifa is nonsense my brother, there was nothing like an Ife suzerainty over Benin. it is one of those religious gibberish and it is a show of shame and drunkenness

1 Like

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by UMUAZEE: 5:45am On Nov 05, 2023
Olu317:

If your Ifa truly says anything about Benin it will be about Benin's might and greatness plus it's influence over Ifa and Ife and vast parts of Yourba.

Only a Yoruba would call over 500years of rule short-lived lol..

1 Like

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 12:14am On Nov 10, 2023
Ologbo147:
Your Ifa is nonsense my brother, there was nothing like an Ife suzerainty over Benin. it is one of those religious gibberish and it is a show of shame and drunkenness
Nonsense ? The same Orunmila who informs through ifa which Oba Eredieuwa once claimed to be his ancestor grin cheesy grin ! is now nonsense ?

You are a pathological liar. No matter the twist the truth is that Yoruba prince is your overlord king.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Ologbo147: 5:14am On Nov 10, 2023
Olu317:
Nonsense ? The same Orunmila who informs through ifa which Oba Eredieuwa once claimed to be his ancestor grin cheesy grin ! is now nonsense ?

You are a pathological liar. No matter the twist the truth is that Yoruba prince is your overlord king.
Orumila is nothing in Benin, it’s just there, 97% of Binis don’t even know what it is, nobody consult it, it is not what determine our king here, it is not even part of the process, it is certainly one of those Yoruba practices into Benin late just like ogboni

The fact that this your Oduduwa from Ife is a Yoruba myth is not debatable. She is an Ife goddess, you guys trying to turn her into a man is delusional, trying to feed your low and almost non existent esteem a sense of superiority by claiming cultures and kingdoms which are far above your reach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 8:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Ologbo147:
Orumila is nothing in Benin, it’s just there, 97% of Binis don’t even know what it is, nobody consult it, it is not what determine our king here, it is not even part of the process, it is certainly one of those Yoruba practices into Benin late just like ogboni

The fact that this your Oduduwa from Ife is a Yoruba myth is not debatable. She is an Ife goddess, you guys trying to turn her into a man is delusional, trying to feed your low and almost non existent esteem a sense of superiority by claiming cultures and kingdoms which are far above your reach
Lol . You are quoting a man who never had been to ileife. grin grin grin

Ogun Ayinla(Samuel Ajayi Crowther) does not know who Oduduwa is. So, it is easy to quote such a man who did well in some areas but blundered on Oduduwa and Ooni identity.

Take time to read Professor Akinjogbin to proof to you that Oduduwa was a man made king in the entire ileife. He and his group, included Orunmila deposed Obatala in the physical affair of ileife for him to be made the overall king.

Even, the Itapa festival at ileife supported the wrestle of power between oduduwa and obatala. He married and had many daughters and few male descendants

Your own Oba is a Yoruba king. Period
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Ologbo147: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Olu317:
Lol . You are quoting a man who never had been to ileife. grin grin grin

Ogun Ayinla(Samuel Ajayi Crowther) does not know who Oduduwa is. So, it is easy to quote such a man who did well in some areas but blundered on Oduduwa and Ooni identity.

Take time to read Professor Akinjogbin to proof to you that Oduduwa was a man made king in the entire ileife. He and his group, included Orunmila deposed Obatala in the physical affair of ileife for him to be made the overall king.

Even, the Itapa festival at ileife supported the wrestle of power between oduduwa and obatala. He married and had many daughters and few male descendants

Your own Oba is a Yoruba king. Period
A man that went as far as Asaba did not go to Ile-Ife. You must think you are talking to a neophyte.

The thing is that Oduduwa has metamorphosed into different things by different Yoruba authors. Some would say he is from the Middle East, some said he is a goddess, only very recently the narrative that he is from Oke-Ora came up and it is also a mythical one.

That he is a Yoruba king is a false narrative. It is anchored on this same myth we found to be untrue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ologbo147:
A man that went as far as Asaba did not go to Ile-Ife. You must think you are talking to a neophyte.

The thing is that Oduduwa has metamorphosed into different things by different Yoruba authors. Some would say he is from the Middle East, some said he is a goddess, only very recently the narrative that he is from Oke-Ora came up and it is also a mythical one.

That he is a Yoruba king is a false narrative. It is anchored on this same myth we found to be untrue
Tell me something, was West Africa inhabited twenty thousands years ago with Dna or fosil human proof ?

Either Oduduwa means different thing to different authors, the fact remains that Ileife version is the right information on him. And he ruled as Ooni ileife

He wore Ade Are crown which symbolises absolute authority as the supreme king over all other lower kings in ileife before descendants of these other lords and Oduduwa descendants moved out of ileife to reestablish newer settlements.

Besides, information on linguistic comparison has shown Yorubas have heavy semitic input which proofs connection to the Near East.

Furthermore, Dna trait has shown that Yoruba ancestors once lived in Northern Europe about twenty thousands years (20000)ago which proofs migratory tendency as hunter gatherers.So semitic historical link is plausible.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2023
No other tribe or culture can create such exquisite, intricate, priceless artworks. Greatest, most expensive art pieces in the world is created by artisans in the Benin empire. Greatest empire state from Nigeria.

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2023
Olu317:
Tell me something, was West Africa inhabited twenty thousands years ago with Dna or fosil human proof ?

Either Oduduwa means different thing to different authors, the fact remains that Ileife version is the right information on him. And he ruled as Ooni ileife

He wore Ade Are crown which symbolises absolute authority as the supreme king over all other lower kings in ileife before descendants of these other lords and Oduduwa descendants moved out of ileife to reestablish newer settlements.

Besides, information on linguistic comparison has shown Yorubas have heavy semitic input which proofs connection to the Near East.

Furthermore, Dna trait has shown that Yoruba ancestors once lived in Northern Europe about twenty thousands years (20000)ago which proofs migratory tendency as hunter gatherers.So semitic historical link is plausible.

No evidence of your oduduwa myth god falling from heaven. Your oduduwa is our exiled prince. Edo people, heritage and empire is older than Yoruba itself... Yoruba, Ile'Ife as an organized entity, was birthed by the Benin Prince.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 1:10am On Nov 21, 2023
creativehubb:

No evidence of your oduduwa myth god falling from heaven. Your oduduwa is our exiled prince. Edo people, heritage and empire is older than Yoruba itself... Yoruba, Ile'Ife as an organized entity, was birthed by the Benin Prince.
Youngman , go get yourself milk to cool off your bitterness over Yoruba man lording over bini kingdom. It is no big deal.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
Olu317:
Youngman , go get yourself milk to cool off your bitterness over Yoruba man lording over bini kingdom. It is no big deal.
It's fallacy, a figment of your imagination...just the same way your Oba claimed igbos emanate from yorubas grin

Sorry our heritage speaks for itself, the glories, the facts...from controlling the passage way to Lagos down to the 18th century, to controlling swathes of tribes, down to Dahomey, and to the borders of Ghana, and to the other side, conquered down to Onitsha, all these are facts. If Aworis paid us tax, clearly shows the reality ...Aworis are princes from Ile'Ife.

History revisionism can't work with the Benin empire.

The Benin moat, the Benin great wall, listed in the guiness book of records(longest stretch of city wall in the world), and still existing today, are testament of who we are and the greatness... evidence!

Old man grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by leokid866: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2023
creativehubb:

It's fallacy, a figment of your imagination...just the same way your Oba claimed igbos emanate from yorubas grin

Sorry our heritage speaks for itself, the glories, the facts...from controlling the passage way to Lagos down to the 18th century, to controlling swathes of tribes, down to Dahomey, and to the borders of Ghana, and to the other side, conquered down to Onitsha, all these are facts. If Aworis paid us tax, clearly shows the reality ...Aworis are princes from Ile'Ife.

The Benin moat, the Benin great wall, listed in the guiness book of records(longest stretch of city wall in the world), and still existing today, are testament of who we are and the greatness... evidence!

Old man grin
lol who has been lying to you that you were controlling the passage way to Lagos in the 18th century? You mean the same Lagos your people were been sold as slaves in batches? Better go sit down
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
leokid866:
lol who has been lying to you that you were controlling the passage way to Lagos in the 18th century? You mean the same Lagos your people were been sold as slaves in batches? Better go sit down
Slaves like you were used to build our walls, including some artisans of course. He who has slaves must have work to show for it grin

Europeans used slaves to build America, Egyptians used slaves to build pyramids...Oga slave what great feat is in Ile'Ife that was built by 'slaves'

There are lots of reasonable yorubas, but you sound like an agbero, your head is filled with myths, fables and fallacies...they told you Oduduwa fell from the sky grin

That's a lie, he was a man!

1 Like

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by leokid866: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
creativehubb:

Slaves like you were used to build our walls, including some artisans of course. He who has slaves must have work to show for it grin

Europeans used slaves to build America, Egyptians used slaves to build pyramids...Oga slave what great feat is in Ile'Ife that was built by 'slaves'

There are lots of reasonable yorubas, but you sound like an agbero, your head is filled with myths, fables and fallacies...they told you Oduduwa fell from the sky grin

That's a lie, he was a man!
we had no use for you that's why we traded you for coin...thats how useless your people were back then......it was better that way.....and you need to go back to your father to tell you the truth of your history.....igbos have never held Yorubas captive on any level at any time and the one time your people thought they had the balls for it Obj quickly put them in their place.....and whether Oduduwa dropped from the sky or was born by a woman is none of your business face your osu gods after all na from Sango your amadiorha learn work from....
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
leokid866:
we had no use for you that's why we traded you for coin...thats how useless your people were back then......it was better that way.....and you need to go back to your father to tell you the truth of your history.....igbos have never held Yorubas captive on any level at any time and the one time your people thought they had the balls for it Obj quickly put them in their place.....and whether Oduduwa dropped from the sky or was born by a woman is none of your business face your osu gods after all na from Sango your amadiorha learn work from....
You don't even know the history, igbos have nothing to do with this history. You seem to be in the wrong place.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Stoplying: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
18th century map of Africa.
Author: Emanuel Bowen.

Benin has a real history, unlike the east and west who confuse fairytales with history. Benin doesn't need oduduwa or oranmiyan fairytales.

Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by Olu317(m): 7:03am On Nov 22, 2023
creativehubb:

Old man grin
You are not even a good liar. Better learn the fact. The moat you claim is dated ?

You have no heritage without Yorubas. Oba bini is a Yoruba man. Even Ogiameh families from Bini who are the original Owodo link lineage stated it with even protest.

Bunch of liars, Ogbogbodirin Obalufon was the one who was on the throne after Ogun was rebelled against by some of the Elus and he fled when Oranmiyan invaded Igodomigodo from Usen.

To mention some Ibos to be part of Yorubas ancestrally are plausible. Even Hausa, Nupe, Fulanis, Tuareg, Berbers,Arabs, Semitic people, Europeans etc share DNA link with Yorubas. Go check the history of Yoruba relationship history with the world to have a fill on it.

Your 4×4 kingdom got her glory from Yoruba civilization through Yoruba descendants from a Prince of Ileife.
Re: Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled by creativehubb: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2023
Olu317:
You are not even a good liar. Better learn the fact. The moat you claim is dated ?

You have no heritage without Yorubas. Oba bini is a Yoruba man. Even Ogiameh families from Bini who are the original Owodo link lineage stated it with even protest.

Bunch of liars, Ogbogbodirin Obalufon was the one who was on the throne after Ogun was rebelled against by some of the Elus and he fled when Oranmiyan invaded Igodomigodo from Usen.

To mention some Ibos to be part of Yorubas ancestrally are plausible. Even Hausa, Nupe, Fulanis, Tuareg, Berbers,Arabs, Semitic people, Europeans etc share DNA link with Yorubas. Go check the history of Yoruba relationship history with the world to have a fill on it.

Your 4×4 kingdom got her glory from Yoruba civilization through Yoruba descendants from a Prince of Ileife.
According to your obas yorubas are the first man on earth, igbos are yorubas grin

You people are known liars, even your obas...Ile'Ife is a weak town created by a Benin Prince, Aworis are ancestrally Benin...the delusions of grandeur of your tribe is just fables. Oba of Benin stated categorically, Benin empire, kingship have nothing to do with Yoruba, rather our prince created Ile'Ife.

Erelu Dosunmu will tell you she is ancestrally Benin, Oba of Lagos will tell you same, because they know the truth, we took obaship into southwest...Oba'to kpe'e. I'se has been the praise slogan of our kings since time immemorial, is that a Yoruba word?

If you are not great don't try to share in our glory, you people always like attachment.

Even today the greatness of the Benin empire exists, you can see it...compare your Ooni to our Oba, it will tell you a lot, your obas that lie anyhow, only you yorubas listen to them...show me any sign of Yoruba greatness in history, I mean real greatness...you people were singing praises to Oba of Benin, worshipping him, as your creator.

your oduduwa is our Benin Prince. Humans don't fall from the sky.

Educated slowpoke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons An American Loves Nigeria. / Some Endangered Yoruba Words / Why Is It That Most Guyz Dont Appreciate Virginity ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.