Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims (16925 Views)

Atiku/obi Receive Warm Welcome In Lagos Despite Work Day / Elect Me As President, I Will Not Take 6 Months Before Naming My Cabinet - Atiku / "I Will Not Take 6 Months Before Naming My Cabinet" - Atiku Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by kumbhuru: 11:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
Beremx:
Normal procedure (45k) is six months. I used six months to collect mine. If you want it sharp sharp (60-70k), it's six weeks.

God bless Nigeria grin
Normal is 26k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Shikini: 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
Shameless Thiefnubų govt
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by modernWays: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
It is sad that people don't read to understand or just intentionally doing this. The minister clearly stated that all due passports has been cleared, but majority of the owners are yet to claim them at immigration offices. If immigration officers says that your old passport is not yet out, report such person to an appropriate authority.

The example giving by op in his narrative was cunningly off point.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by chaloskyx: 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
its a lie APC is working for lagosians processing time take just 1 week APC has always been trasparent nd honest when they say something you dont need to doubt them they always deliver fellow Lagosians pls carry on and dont fall for the IPOB propaganda Eko O ni baje o!!!
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by StOla: 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
I like this kind of investigative journalism.

Now is the time for the Minister to take up the opportunity to prove his capacity or the lack thereof for his bold ambition with a civil service / immigration service that has never harboured anything bold.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by nedekid: 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
Smithkafors:
Propaganda does not run government…. Where is electricity,healthcare and education?…

Which policy is on ground?.

Una mind go touch ground las las.
Seems electricity under Ikeja electric has deteriorated recently.

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Lanruze: 11:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
The Hon. Minister of Interior knows the implication of giving false data on sensitive issues especially on a National scale.

From the feedback on the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) website, a high percentage of the passport applicants who had their capture within the backlog period testified that their international passports have been produced, while few others complained of thiers still under processing.

As the profile of this particular Minister is being projected positively as a goal getter and performance driven no-nonsense technocrat, I would like to advice him to be very careful whilst remaining firm and focused.

Negative people & naysayers would want him to fail, Even within the Cabinet of the Government he is currently serving. He has started well by showing a distinction from other Ministers.

In three (3) weeks he has created a positive image for the immigration with same set of employees but a different approach which is technology driven.

Let the Minister be aware that corruption will fight him back strongly. The immigration passport office is one of the most corrupt organisation in Nigeria.

This model of passport issuance will eliminate racketeering as such the beneficiaries of this corruption will fight back in all ways.

I also listened to his interview on the unification of our National Identity Management model similar to that of Homeland Security in the USA.

I was super impressed on how Hon.Bunmi-Ojo navigates between policy change and technology.

His intentions are well articulated and he shows a clear policy direction.

He has achieved what his predecessor couldn't achieve in four (4) years under 30 days of resumption , sure he will replicate same in the other MDAs under his supervision.

4 Likes

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by MT: 11:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
My niece paid 200k for a passport. Did biometric in Abuja since January 9, 2023. Till date, no passport.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Herex377: 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2023
The question is, hqs i5 been six months since the minister made d claim?...mtchew....y are you seeking and earnestly praying for the failure of this government? ...why do you desire evil against this country?

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Truthshotcrazy: 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2023
Beremx:
Normal procedure (45k) is six months. I used six months to collect mine. If you want it sharp sharp (60-70k), it's six weeks.

God bless Nigeria grin
cool
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by slowice(m): 11:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
TriCee:
Gradually.
But did he clear the backlogs or not??

So you believed him? Una too mumu
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Oct 13, 2023
stewiepeter:
The person above me is a sick twisted baboon. A gradual process indeed. When the minister lied that it takes two weeks and has clear the backlog. In a right thinking country, he can’t lie to the public and if he does, he has to resign.
ROFLMAO!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Evolutionism: 12:28am On Oct 13, 2023
Story for the zombees.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Tunde1996: 12:29am On Oct 13, 2023
Apc and lies are friends
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Oct 13, 2023
Bliss52:
He said back logs would be cleared in 2 weeks, and "soon" it would be delivered to your house in two weeks
Backlog has been cleared yet this one here has been waiting since August.
“I thought that if I came early, I’d be attended to quickly. I’ve been here since 7 am just to collect my passport. It was supposed to be ready in August, but it wasn’t until October,” one lady said, before adding that she wished she hadn’t submitted her slip.
“I would have paid somebody to fast-track the process for me, but I have already submitted my slip. It is faster if you know somebody or pay them.”
She was not wrong. I met a young man who only applied for a passport last month and was issued it yesterday. How is your passport ready? I asked, to which he replied, “I had to pay.”
“If you pay, you can get it faster. I paid N25,000, which is why I was able to pick it up in such a short time. My friend, who applied in January, only just got his. He didn’t pay.”
Two more people who spoke with FIJ and collected their passports also said they paid to fast-track the process. Those who didn’t waited months, some as long as eight months, to be issued, and when they finally arrived to pick it up, they stood long hours in a queue as preference was given to those who paid to fast-track the process.
lipsrsealed
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Oct 13, 2023
obawinner:
cleared backlogged of 220,000 passport in record time might usher in an efficient process.
So backlogs were cleared but there are people still in that backlog waiting to receive their passports?
“I thought that if I came early, I’d be attended to quickly. I’ve been here since 7 am just to collect my passport. It was supposed to be ready in August, but it wasn’t until October,” one lady said, before adding that she wished she hadn’t submitted her slip.
“I would have paid somebody to fast-track the process for me, but I have already submitted my slip. It is faster if you know somebody or pay them.”
She was not wrong. I met a young man who only applied for a passport last month and was issued it yesterday. How is your passport ready? I asked, to which he replied, “I had to pay.”
“If you pay, you can get it faster. I paid N25,000, which is why I was able to pick it up in such a short time. My friend, who applied in January, only just got his. He didn’t pay.”
Two more people who spoke with FIJ and collected their passports also said they paid to fast-track the process. Those who didn’t waited months, some as long as eight months, to be issued, and when they finally arrived to pick it up, they stood long hours in a queue as preference was given to those who paid to fast-track the process.
lipsrsealed
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Tunde1996: 12:32am On Oct 13, 2023
kumbhuru:

Normal is 26k
na like that
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Tunde1996: 12:33am On Oct 13, 2023
chaloskyx:
its a lie APC is working for lagosians processing time take just 1 week APC has always been trasparent nd honest when they say something you dont need to doubt them they always deliver fellow Lagosians pls carry on and dont fall for the IPOB propaganda Eko O ni baje o!!!
Okay
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Rick9(m): 12:49am On Oct 13, 2023
It was you that believe them in the first place
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by obawinner(m): 12:53am On Oct 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So backlogs were cleared but there are people still in that backlog waiting to receive their passports? lipsrsealed
It is a Nigerian thing with the notion to fast track things, it takes time to shuffle to search your passport out of the multitude of passports. Change takes time, you don't expect those fraudster civil servants who were cashing on the system to make it easy.

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Oct 13, 2023
obawinner:
It is a Nigerian thing with the notion to fast track things, it takes time to shuffle out your name out of the multitude of passport.
Huh? How much time does it take to do that since the man said he had been waiting since August for his? undecided
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by obawinner(m): 12:59am On Oct 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Huh? How much time does it take to do that since the man said he had been waiting since August for his? undecided
edited previous post, who's waiting since August?
For an existing passport backlog spanning 10 year + and expecting wholesome change in 2 month.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by drololaaof: 1:33am On Oct 13, 2023
Fij please help us to inquire why if you want change of data NIS said you have to go to Abuja irrespective of your place of abode in Nigeria.
They should allow us change the data from their state offices and upload to their data base in Abuja,they should consider the risk, security etc. The same data that was uploaded when we applied for passport uploaded to Abuja why now do we need to go to their to make correction, this is not done like that in other countries.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Oct 13, 2023
obawinner:
edited previous post, who's waiting since August?
For an existing passport backlog spanning 10 year + and expecting wholesome change in 2 month.
So, from your edited post, I take it then that you mean the backlog has not in fact been cleared then as claimed by the minister? undecided
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by chinchum(m): 1:35am On Oct 13, 2023
Minister that has only spent 2 months. What kind of poor journalism is this? Even the govt. of the day is less than 5 months. I guess the twisted narrative sells more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by qleap2all(m): 1:49am On Oct 13, 2023
there was no time 6month was added to slip it must be error
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Ensa777(f): 1:53am On Oct 13, 2023
Obakoolex:
The minister only said backlog will be cleared in two weeks and he did that in 3 weeks with apology for the one week extra.

And even yesterday I was there at their office because of what the min said yet I didn't get it.If you have any proof to dispute that then bring it forward.

Mine is 9mths now.Would you care to tell me more proof I need to bring?
I was captured on 15th Feb .Was still there yesterday ye the same story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by olamydey(f): 2:03am On Oct 13, 2023
I said it.

When they sponsored the post on Instagram- instablog page that he has cleared backlogs and pseudo accounts were praising the minister up and down, I saw that those pages were created for him. I wrote this on instablog comment, instablog deleted it. That's when I realised its propaganda. God help us, heal our nation!

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by firearcher: 2:03am On Oct 13, 2023
Has the Minister even spent up to 6 months?

If I recalled correctly, the ministers were sworn in August 21. That's probably less than 2 months ago.

I also recalled his focus and targer has been on backlogs not new passport. Promised 2 weeks and it took 3 weeks.

If you would be a fact checker, be an honest one.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by kennyz247(m): 2:23am On Oct 13, 2023
Obakoolex:
The minister only said backlog will be cleared in two weeks and he did that in 3 weeks with apology for the one week extra.

If you have any proof to dispute that then bring it forward.

This government is built on lies
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by VenExchangee: 3:14am On Oct 13, 2023
osazsky:
u guys are d prob of this country.see ur ipob head
So I should wait 6 months when I need it within 1 month?
Na poverty dey do you
My ipob head whay go feed your family?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Nigeria To Combat Terrorism / Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun / Make Sure Another G5 Emerges For APC To Win In 2027, Akpabio Tells Wike (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.