Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims (16923 Views)

Atiku/obi Receive Warm Welcome In Lagos Despite Work Day / Elect Me As President, I Will Not Take 6 Months Before Naming My Cabinet - Atiku / "I Will Not Take 6 Months Before Naming My Cabinet" - Atiku Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by sweetgala(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2023
A friend processed a replacement passport at the relatively busy embassy in an EU country in less than 4 days recently.

He filled the application and sorted out the appointment date some 2 months ahead and within a 5days he received his new passport by post.

The last time I did my passport it was terrible the appointment process was chaotic, the replacement process was chaotic and disjointed and I had to visit the embassy multiple times to receive the passport over a period of 4 weeks and I ultimately had to forgo an holiday trip to Spain this was 2016, it actually forced me to take up the dual-nationality I had put aside for over a decade

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by mecksdasilva: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2023
1-2 weeks to get yours in Enugu
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by OsunOriginal: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2023
dre11:
..... Or a Lot of Bribes

https://fij.ng/article/confirmed-despite-ministers-claims-passports-still-take-6-months-to-process-in-lagos-or-a-lot-of-bribes/

Passport doesn't take 6 months. The irredeemably corrupt immigration officials are the ones complicating it and making it look like a rocket science. If the minister wants result, he needs to start sacking those heading the departments within immigration responsible for passport printing. ICPC should also be brought in to investigate them... their bank accounts, relatives accounts, properties they have, etc. Until we start jailing those crooks, nothing much will change... I hate seeing anybody in that immigration uniform.

3 Likes

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Geniero: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2023
I did mine for 26k, took 3 months and I got it

Beremx:
Normal procedure (45k) is six months. I used six months to collect mine. If you want it sharp sharp (60-70k), it's six weeks.

God bless Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by samology2000: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
What is d important of passport if u don't HV plans to travel out

You can easily use it to register and do online business within and outside the country
You can use it in place of I.D card, Drivers license in some cases.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Julius1995(m): 8:09am On Oct 13, 2023
You people love lying to yourselves. You should be very proud of it.
Obakoolex:
The minister only said backlog will be cleared in two weeks and he did that in 3 weeks with apology for the one week extra.

If you have any proof to dispute that then bring it forward.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2023
samology2000:

You can easily use it to register and do online business within and outside the country
You can use it in place of I.D card, Drivers license in some cases.
thank you
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by EXOUSIAng: 8:41am On Oct 13, 2023
tetralogyfallot:
Instead of this man to calm down and take holistic approach to tackle the causes of the delay of passport processing he's busy doing gragra and giving false information to the masses. Let your work speaks for u.
Do you even use your heads, they are talking about 6months, the president is just about 5 months in office, how many months has the new minister spent in office, you just open your big mouth waaaaa to and spew rubbish. Is he supposed to go back in time?
He promised to clear the backlog and he did in record time.

Lagos NIS is the busiest in the country, take not of that. If the minister says two weeks why not give him time to overhaul the system.
I listened to him, he spoke about bringing in new equipments to facilitate this. Your brain doesn't tell you that these equipments would be imported, installed and the NIS staff will go through a training process on how to use the new equipments.
In your attempt to sound woke you actually sound steewwpeed

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Eriggs: 8:44am On Oct 13, 2023
Macphenson:

Thats what you said for eight years under buhari. Today shame no allow you comment much again or write your long empty epistle.
dem MANNA show u shege for dis side no be small. Wey u run commot for nairaland because of dem.
Ur oga na master anyway anytime tongue tongue
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by MightySparrow: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2023
He only needs to sack some of their staffers.

Others will comply.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2023
gabbytabby:
It’s a comprehension problem as common sense dictates that a backlog is established at a particular date and one assumes that a specific staff complement is recruited to expedite for those who have been captured within a particular time.

There still will be those in the system that cannot be processed because the data detail needs to be reconciled with that in the NIN. There will be those that are awaiting capture because the person has not visited the immigration office to do so.

If you still have those that are still processed why announce to the public all backlogs are cleared. The actual information should be given to the public. It is common sense
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by LUDALOOLO(m): 9:12am On Oct 13, 2023
Good morning,

Kindly reach out to me via whatsapp... Check my profile for contact

Kingsleyjonah:
I believe it's a gradual process
Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/gf3wzaQrhbG9wbkV7
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

Do you even use your heads, they are talking about 6months, the president is just about 5 months in office, how many months has the new minister spent in office, you just open your big mouth waaaaa to and spew rubbish. Is he supposed to go back in time?
He promised to clear the backlog and he did in record time.

Lagos NIS is the busiest in the country, take not of that. If the minister says two weeks why not give him time to overhaul the system.
I listened to him, he spoke about bringing in new equipments to facilitate this. Your brain doesn't tell you that these equipments would be imported, installed and the NIS staff will go through a training process on how to use the new equipments.
In your attempt to sound woke you actually sound steewwpeed
I don't respond to dumb fōøls but I will attempt to enlighten you on this. Who forced the minister to misinform the public that passport takes just 2 weeks to process? If u r so stewpeed and dull to read and follow the trend u can read this to get enlightened. Why doesn't the gragra minister wait until the system is sanitized before coming out to spill trash?https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/nigerian-passport-processing-time-reduced-to-two-weeks/%3famp=1
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by BirtherOfKings(f): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2023
people can lie..it dosent take 6 months jere..

highest 6 weeks grin
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Macphenson: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2023
Eriggs:
dem MANNA show u shege for dis side no be small. Wey u run commot for nairaland because of dem.
Ur oga na master anyway anytime tongue tongue

Lol
Which yeye shege. Its is Tinubu and Buhari have actually shown them MANNA shege and Shege Promax.

I always come to Nairaland to read current happenings but have not been commenting because I found out that there are a lot of retarded idiots on Nairaland.

I avoided the mental toture of replying hungry retards.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by gabbytabby: 11:28am On Oct 13, 2023
I give up. They are not backlog if they have not complied with the requirements to be issued with a passport.

An enemy of Nigeria will always have a pull down mentality.

Believeintruth:

If you still have those that are still processed why announce to the public all backlogs are cleared. The actual information should be given to the public. It is common sense
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by plsdisvirginme: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
Anwons:
I got mine in 4 weeks at Port Harcourt
How much did you pay?
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2023
gabbytabby:
I give up. They are not backlog if they have not complied with the requirements to be issued with a passport.

An enemy of Nigeria will always have a pull down mentality.

Stop being dense my brother i am not an enemy of Nigeria, but rather those who thrive in propaganda like you are the enemies. Look these are backlogs it doesn't stop the minister to at least come straight with the actual figures. it doesn't remove the fact that he is the only performing minister in this administration, but let him resist the temptation of playing propaganda games that people like you like to do.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by lilfresh96(m): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2023
Here in Katsina you get your passport in 6weeks when you pay them 35K, and if you pay express Witch is 70K you can get it within 3 working days, I got enrolled on Monday
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by KBARBIE(f): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2023
Geniero:
I did mine for 26k, took 3 months and I got it

Please Wer did you do yours?
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Geniero: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
Alimosho passport office. Its by sobo bustop

quote author=KBARBIE post=126383094]

Please Wer did you do yours?[/quote]
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by writeprof(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
The officer who responded said that, like other Nigerians, the NIS had only heard the information. grin

Did anyone read this part?
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Danabu(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2023
[quote author=Wisidomike post=126368438]Good evening guys

Even if some of you have received the money and still did not send me my share I won’t stop helping and I appreciate those that reach out and send me part of the money, if I have any more updates I will let you know

For those that have not yet heard about it or don’t know how to receive their own read below

Palmpay Nigeria Support Fund Campaign Just Started and they are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user l can benefit too by using another phone number to register as a new user and collect the reward too,.

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

When you receive the 20,000 you will send me 5k out of it for showing you this update so when I find another one I will be happy to post it here

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot…. Once you receive the money and you want to send me my own share as appreciation then send it to this account

OPay 8.1.8.1.5.5.3.4.7

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid02NP6bp5nvMpodqTW4aWRCj8YFUZ5Ch2sWUzduD6PnyKs2F8jsaDykoyDv8jFHz8qxl/?mibextid=cr9u03[/quot
MONODY HAS VONFIMED RECEIVING THE FAKE MONEY .OZUO GOD PUNISH YOU.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Lisah: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2023
Here in Lagos, I did my capturing in Alausa Ikeja on Tuesday, 28th November 2023, my collection date stated on my slip is for February 2024. Can I get my Nigerian passport within 3 weeks' time as claimed by the Minister?
How exactly do I go about it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It’s Sad Nigeria Is Being Run On Old Ideas — Iyabo Obasanjo / PDP Primaries: HURIWA Tells EFCC To Arrest All Delegates After Atiku’s Victory / US Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Nigeria To Combat Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.