Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims (16924 Views)

Atiku/obi Receive Warm Welcome In Lagos Despite Work Day / Elect Me As President, I Will Not Take 6 Months Before Naming My Cabinet - Atiku / "I Will Not Take 6 Months Before Naming My Cabinet" - Atiku Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by sulakishop(m): 3:27am On Oct 13, 2023
We are used to super stories
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by WHITELIGHTER: 4:44am On Oct 13, 2023
It’s faster in Benin now, 50k to clllect within 2wks
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 4:53am On Oct 13, 2023
Obakoolex:

Thanks for the clarification.
Some fools above are always happy about negativity.

Were the backlogs cleared? Because there are people who have been waiting for theirs since as well. No backlogs have been cleared, stop making excuse for lies and propaganda.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 4:54am On Oct 13, 2023
Burob:
And ignorance is the ones like Ofunaofu that have nothing of value to add, that will purport to cry & do the most harm?

Shut up
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 4:55am On Oct 13, 2023
osazsky:
u guys are d prob of this country.see ur ipob head

You are so dense walahi.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 4:55am On Oct 13, 2023
ASAPFERG:
Animal igbo tribe and lies

Is the minister Igbo? Stop being stupid
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 4:56am On Oct 13, 2023
ProfKKK:
Some of you here are just a bunch of lunatics who derive pleasure from terrible news. You so much want to see the govt fail even if you fail along with it. And you wonder why most of you all and your families live so much miserable lives. I have peeps who have collected their passports recently and they are fine without paying any extra dime. When did the minister gave the order to clear the backlog? when was he even appointed a minister? Is it up to 6 months? What is the source of this news? who did they call? No names? They just posted a single slip & that`s enough to convince you? Gullible lots. LOL.... A lot of revamp is ongoing in that ministry as we speak. But I guess most of you here talking are just bitter low lifers who know nothing about how systems, processes etc in organizations are changed so you just carry your phone to type shit. I wish you all apply this same standard to your own personal lives or that of your families, I bet you would have been way above the level you are now.

And so you know, I am from the south south and I`m not even a fan of APC. But when someone is trying to do something meaningful, the least you can do is encourage him/her. He has achieve in a few months what the previous minister did not achieve in 8 years. That`s something to applaud.

But some of you will never see anything good in others, and then you wonder why your lives are so miserable and will continue to be miserable if you don`t change your disposition in life.

Come to Ikoyi passport office I am sure you will not be saying this rubbish here.

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 4:59am On Oct 13, 2023
henroo2003:
Some people are here say rubbish. They don't even know where passport office is. Tell them to show your there passport, no way.

It is true, over populated place can't work like underpopulated. My friend captured at Abeokuta passport office on 9th August getting there yesterday, his passport was ready..

Pleases like Ogun it has always been like that. The argument here is the lie that all backlogs have been cleared when it is not true. If you say there is a reduction in the backlogs it is understandable but this lie is what I don't understand.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 5:02am On Oct 13, 2023
Lanruze:
The Hon. Minister of Interior knows the implication of giving false data on sensitive issues especially on a National scale.

From the feedback on the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) website, a high percentage of the passport applicants who had their capture within the backlog period testified that their international passports have been produced, while few others complained of thiers still under processing.

As the profile of this particular Minister is being projected positively as a goal getter and performance driven no-nonsense technocrat, I would like to advice him to be very careful whilst remaining firm and focused.

Negative people & naysayers would want him to fail, Even within the Cabinet of the Government he is currently serving as he has shown a distinction from other Ministers.

In three (3) weeks he has created a positive image for the immigration with same set of employees but a different approach which is technology driven.

Let the Minister be aware that corruption will fight him back strongly. The immigration passport office is one of the most corrupt organisation in Nigeria.

This model of passport issuance will eliminate racketeering as such the beneficiaries of this corruption will fight back in all ways.

I also listened to his interview on the Unification of our National Identity Management model similar to that of Homeland Security in the USA.

I was super impressed on how Hon.Tunji-Ojo navigates between policy change and technology.

His intentions are well articulated and he shows a clear policy direction.

He has achieved what his predecessor couldn't achieve in four(4) years under 30 days of resumption in an office, sure he will replicate same in the other MDAs under his supervision.

Oga cool down with the propaganda. See if he said most of the backlogs have been cleared the statement is understandable, but lying that all backlogs have been cleared.. Haha!!!!! Make una fear God naaaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 5:03am On Oct 13, 2023
Herex377:
The question is, hqs i5 been six months since the minister made d claim?...mtchew....y are you seeking and earnestly praying for the failure of this government? ...why do you desire evil against this country?

Oga understand deductive reasoning before saying rubbish. They are saying that we still have some cases of passports not ready that have been requested and data captured six months ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Believeintruth: 5:06am On Oct 13, 2023
obawinner:
It is a Nigerian thing with the notion to fast track things, it takes time to shuffle to search your passport out of the multitude of passports. Change takes time, you don't expect those fraudster civil servants who were cashing on the system to make it easy.

That is why I said any serious government that wants to fight corruption has to reposition the civil service and also bring in technology into the operations of the civil service, because if you reposition the civil service 55% of corruption cases will reduce.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by sinero: 5:33am On Oct 13, 2023
stewiepeter:
The person above me is a sick twisted baboon. A gradual process indeed. When the minister lied that it takes two weeks and has clear the backlog. In a right thinking country, he can’t lie to the public and if he does, he has to resign.

I think you are the wild animal. The process will be gradual till victory is achieved.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by gabbytabby: 5:41am On Oct 13, 2023
When you start to tell lies it shows you do you not have an honest intention and are only after propaganda and to rubbish the department.

A collection on 3rd of January 2024 is less than 3 months from capture.

All you enemies of Nigeria God will continue to reward the evil works of your hands.

dre11:
..... Or a Lot of Bribes

https://fij.ng/article/confirmed-despite-ministers-claims-passports-still-take-6-months-to-process-in-lagos-or-a-lot-of-bribes/
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Kobojunkie: 5:42am On Oct 13, 2023
firearcher:
Has the Minister even spent up to 6 months? If I recalled correctly, the ministers were sworn in August 21. That's probably less than 2 months ago. I also recalled his focus and targer has been on backlogs not new passport. Promised 2 weeks and it took 3 weeks. If you would be a fact checker, be an honest one.
Do you know what a backlog means? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by gabbytabby: 5:51am On Oct 13, 2023
It’s a comprehension problem as common sense dictates that a backlog is established at a particular date and one assumes that a specific staff complement is recruited to expedite for those who have been captured within a particular time.

There still will be those in the system that cannot be processed because the data detail needs to be reconciled with that in the NIN. There will be those that are awaiting capture because the person has not visited the immigration office to do so.

Believeintruth:

Pleases like Ogun it has always been like that. The argument here is the lie that all backlogs have been cleared when it is not true. If you say there is a reduction in the backlogs it is understandable but this lie is what I don't understand.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by gabbytabby: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2023
Do you Okoro enemies of Nigeria spotted.

Kobojunkie:
Do you know what a backlog means? undecided
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Macphenson: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2023
post=126368408:
Slow and steady we will get there

Thats what you said for eight years under buhari. Today shame no allow you comment much again or write your long empty epistle.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by UnfairLife7(m): 6:13am On Oct 13, 2023
firearcher:
Has the Minister even spent up to 6 months?

If I recalled correctly, the ministers were sworn in August 21. That's probably less than 2 months ago.

I also recalled his focus and targer has been on backlogs not new passport. Promised 2 weeks and it took 3 weeks.

If you would be a fact checker, be an honest one.
many backlog has not been cleared. Several people had captured early this year and they're yet to get their passport despite the Minister claim
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Ennovate(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2023
Are you sure you did simple arithmetic in school... that duration from 11 Oct 2023 to 3rd Jan 2024 equates to approximately 3 months.

Are you just clouting or what ?

3 months is not fair but you don't need to exaggerate.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by hukslaw(m): 6:45am On Oct 13, 2023
Na you know why you do your passport, but my friend wey do him own for Nassarawa get it after 4 weeks
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by rajiedreez: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2023
Not all,
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Dreamhighnow(m): 6:55am On Oct 13, 2023
Kingsleyjonah:
I believe it's a gradual process
Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/gf3wzaQrhbG9wbkV7

Do you even think before you typed. A sitting minister lied to the public. Is he mandated to lie. I don't get it...and u came here to say it takes time. To hell with your time
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Stonerobaba(m): 6:58am On Oct 13, 2023
dre11:
..... Or a Lot of Bribes

https://fij.ng/article/confirmed-despite-ministers-claims-passports-still-take-6-months-to-process-in-lagos-or-a-lot-of-bribes/

I was at their Alimosho office on Wednesday. Even though the passports are available for pickup the officers lacks the ability and capacity to sort them out efficiently. I later left after waiting 6 hours in the sun amidst a massive crowd.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by darazonian(m): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2023
dre11:
..... Or a Lot of Bribes

Hmm na initial grgara dey worry this Minister, instead of him to look deep and find out what is the root cause of the problem, the man was busy looking for cheap point to score. Immigration services are not the ones producing passports booklets and so many other things hindering production that I can't mentioned here. Let him keep on making noise, doing the Job of immigration PRO all I know is except the minister change cause to address the lingering issues that stands as a bottleneck to passports production, nothing will change. All that delivery nonsense in December na sweet talk.

1 Like

Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by stewiepeter: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2023
Burob:
We know people like you no get passport, & have no intentions of getting one in the nearest future, So your ignorance can be excused.
Even before you started thinking of getting one I already left Nigeria you little naive F**L
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by DaddysirburyDSB: 7:13am On Oct 13, 2023
Pls good morning everyone, I just applied for my renewal passport online and have paid for it and was given appointment date for next month. I want to be sure if am on the right track or it’s a scam process I did. I made a payment of 26000 through the online processing
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Flier: 7:15am On Oct 13, 2023
This is not true
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Kusu12: 7:30am On Oct 13, 2023
This information is not correct, Tinubu has not even spent 6momths! But the headless mob like to be fed propaganda and falsehood to suit their wailing agenda.
Re: Passports Still Take 6 Months To Process In Lagos, Despite Minister’s Claims by Menclothing: 7:35am On Oct 13, 2023
Fat lie my collected her own less than 2 month
Ikeja Lagos

6k only shirts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Nigeria To Combat Terrorism / Umahi: Counter-Secessionist Groups Will Rise In The South-East / Civil Servants Salaries Not Sustainable - Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.