Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) (34153 Views)

Dr Alex Otti Flags Off Construction Of 11km In Abia North / Dr Alex Otti Flags Off The Construction Of 67km 2 lane road / Abia Govt Begins Demolition Of 130 Buildings As Otti Flags Off Road Expansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by 8stargeneral: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2023
God bless Alex Otti

Abia state is about to experience good governance since the creation of the state

Ikpeazu need to stone to death

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by ottersberger(m): 8:43am On Oct 13, 2023
saintkeppy:

Those ones can start with internal streets within the city, major roads are strategic to hand over to a non tested graduate engineers, though most of them are understudying those expats in major construction works.

I think you missed my drift.

We just celebrated 63 years independence as a country, China for 74. It is not acceptable for Nigeria to depend on foreign help for basic engineering tasks. This is a direct indictment of both our education system, Nigeria's administrative policy and process.

Your country's growth will face hindrances if you don't address the issues of brain drain, capital flight, and hindering technology and skill transfer. Even China, as a policy, took all they can from the west (By fire, by force where they must) by insisting on certain parameters as rules of engagement.

Nigeria and Nigerians do not understudy anything. Nigeria's ruling class is colluding with foreign contractors who are skilled at giving kickbacks to corrupt government officials, which harms our national development. These over-invoiced contracts are shrouded in complex financing models, paid for in US dollars. How is the Naira ever going to breathe?.
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by Reference(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2023
Luvinghubby:

If you see the quality of construction Julius Berger is doing in Zaria-Kano road you will marvel. Flood and gully erosion resistant

Indigenous contractors have failed us, some of them have even formed cabal against Umahi who is forcing them to do durable roads

But are these Contractors including Julius Berger not supervised to ensure a proper job.

Poor quality work is not due to a single party failure but is systemic. Government engages Consulting Engineers to design, detail and supervise these road works at high cost.

On top of that government through the Ministry of Works has supervising engineers who watch over these projects. How come all these layers of superintendence fail if not for corruption.

So it is not down to the choice of competencies, but a challenge of ethics. That is the Nigeria problem reflective in every sector from failing infrastructure, moribund refineries or collapsing power grids.
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by cenaman(m): 8:46am On Oct 13, 2023
ufotunang:
...Ben ayade is not the new governor of cross river state...it's Bassey Otu that is the new governor....Ben ayade was former governor
my friend, I said just like Ben Ayade.

I'm a Cross riverian
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by nizelgirl(f): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2023
Finally, Abia state now have a working government. It's a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 8:54am On Oct 13, 2023
BarrElChapo:
JB is good but Lagos uses CECCEC cos they're cheaper and do the same quality. Dunno why most governors overlook them.

This is what a director in the ministry of works in the Lagos State government told me upon enquiry.
I think CECCEC is handling other projects in Aba. If you know how bad that PH road is, then you'll understand why JB has to be the one to do it

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 8:56am On Oct 13, 2023
grandstar:
Are those not brown roofs I see?

You'd have thought there'd be none in the East.

There's nothing wrong in brown roofs but why lash out against Yoruba's because of it?
Those brown roof are shops.

Not residential buildings.
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by specialofficer: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
Otti is the man a swear. PDP wasted 24years that Abia State would have used and become Dubai...if no be PDP rigging wetin concern Ikpeazα»₯ with governance...a crude, shameless tout.

Welcome to the New Abia State...Aba is now the cleanest city in Nigeria go there and see for yourself.

Otti abeg do fast fast make you come become governor of Oyo State. We need you badly, brown roofs 🟀🀎 want choke us to death, come help us develop Oyo State 😎
1991 till 2023 is 32years, get your facts right
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 9:04am On Oct 13, 2023
ottersberger:

I think you missed my drift.

We just celebrated 63 years independence as a country, China for 74. It is not acceptable for Nigeria to depend on foreign help for basic engineering tasks. This is a direct indictment of both our education system, Nigeria's administrative policy and process.

Your country's growth will face hindrances if you don't address the issues of brain drain, capital flight, and hindering technology and skill transfer. Even China, as a policy, took all they can from the west (By fire, by force where they must) by insisting on certain parameters as rules of engagement.

Nigeria and Nigerians do not understudy anything. Nigeria's ruling class is colluding with foreign contractors who are skilled at giving kickbacks to corrupt government officials, which harms our national development. These over-invoiced contracts are shrouded in complex financing models, paid for in US dollars. How is the Naira ever going to breathe?.

Nigeria is still a 3rd world country!
China is Technologically ahead of us, until Nigeria adopt China's approach or other sysytem from Asian Tigers, nothing will work, notwithstanding we still have Good Nigerian construction firms doing fine, but no confidence from government to patronize them to deliver good jobs.

In my State, Akwa Ibom, an indigenous company HENSEK delivered a standard 6Lane dual Carriageway(Ring-Road3) in Uyo, spanning almost 10KM with Street lights. As someone who have good taste for smooth finishing, I was able to spot some grey areas in that road but I got encouraged that an Indigenous construction company owned by an indigene could deliver such a beautiful road, you need to see the road at night when the streetlights are switched on.
Most the time Foreign construction companies gives you good&smooth finishing.

Our Construction Industry, our Civil Engineers needs to be encouraged.

3 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2023
Jcomtrader:

Ccecc built the best road in uyo
Aka road

Cc. dfrost I'm not the one speaking now.
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 9:08am On Oct 13, 2023
saintkeppy:

Yeah, true.

Senator Godswill Akpabio used CCECC to dualize a road with streetlights in Uyo &it's one of the best in the city, Top-Notch quality.

Cc. Dfrost
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by WhatchDoGG(m): 9:16am On Oct 13, 2023
BarrElChapo:
JB is good but Lagos uses CECCEC cos they're cheaper and do the same quality. Dunno why most governors overlook them.

This is what a director in the ministry of works in the Lagos State government told me upon enquiry.

Uncle they CECCEC do quality jobs true but can't lace JB's shoes,They are not in the same bracket

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 13, 2023
Doings
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by kushercain: 9:21am On Oct 13, 2023
God bless Otti πŸ™πŸΎ

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by lapintoz: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2023
Allex should after completing his 2 terms contest for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This are the kind of people we want to lead us. Not the Yes Daddy......😁😁😁
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2023
ottersberger:

The question you should have asked is: What happened to the thousands of civil and mechanical engineers our universities have produced and continue to produce.

Why do we still depend on expatriates to do basic engineering projects such as road design and construction in 2023?.

These are some of the questions you should have asked.

Well I'm from Anambra state and I remember that in the days of Ngige as governor he used RCC strictly for road construction, most of those roads are still in perfect conditions till today eg. Amaubia-Nibo-Mbaukwu road but when Peter Obi became governor he tried to patronize local coys.

Inter Bau Construction Co. whose CEO is from Awka Etiti was awarded Ichida-Awka Etiti road and in one year the road washed away like literally.

In Awka town he patronized Pa Chuks Construction Co., Akiota works etc etc most of those roads did not outlive his administration.

When he wanted to then do the Federal road IDC constructed some part of the road Enugu-Onitsha federal road and some drivers of the road have said it's not too safe driving during rainy season cos it can be slippery but they did a fairly good job but since then IDC has not done another road to my knowledge in Nigeria.

In the Enugu part of Enugu-Onitsha federal road, Niger Cat was first awarded the road, then another construction company, these spanned years oo not until it was recently awarded to RCC, who are now delivering the job, now if you compare what RCC did to what IDC did you'd wish that the Anambra part was undone to be honest.

In Enugu metropolis when Sullivan wanted to rearrange the state he used mostly Setraco and Arab Contractors for most of the road even though I'm aware he used Master Holdings and all of those roads are still holding up today.

In Imo state, I once watched a live broadcast of former governor Rochas berating contractors who obviously were indigenous coys that were awarded road construction but had either not done or delivered as at when due, where are those roads now.

At the heart of these corruption is but at least these foreign coys have a name to protect so they won't want to just do anything or take any amount of money for a job for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2023
WhatchDoGG:

Uncle they CECCEC do quality jobs true but can't lace JB's shoes,They are not in the same bracket

That's not true bros, if you're in Lagos, ask anybody who lives in the orile axis which was better the portion J.B. built or the one that CECCEC built.
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by Konjiboii: 10:00am On Oct 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Yet, he was bowing for that mandate thief on Lagos.

All this are petty things shouldn't take away the fact that LP is working in Aba,besides if anything it just shows that the man is respectful abi if na you you no go bow to your ancestor?
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by TrumpDonald2: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Yet, he was bowing for that mandate thief on Lagos.
No be una culture to bow? The stupidity of you thieffnubbb supporters really baffles me. Enemy of progress. You are pained that the governor is doing well. Shame on you and all your likes. Backward slaves.
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by bong4(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2023
Kenmatt:

I didn't go through.

All I can say is Big Up man!!!

That road is something else, imagine traveling to Enugu from PH, one needs to enter Etchie, run all through and again still come just after Aba.

PDP rest in peace in Abia State.

It happened in Anambra State too.

And to think it is just 6.8km Na waooo
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by onuman: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2023
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/relief-as-gov-otti-flags-off-port-harcourt-aba-road-reconstruction-says-its-a-jinx-broken-photos-video/

May Otti live long. It's only
crazy governors that would abandon the PH-Aba Road to decay.
Those crazy governors said the road was federal road. The same way Senator Hope Uzodinma said an urban drainage system in Orlu was federal project and kicked against then gov Rochas Okorocha on doing the drainage project. The drainage system remains undone till today. Floods carry human beings away.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by ottersberger(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2023
saintkeppy:

Nigeria is still a 3rd world country!
China is Technologically ahead of us, until Nigeria adopt China's approach or other sysytem from Asian Tigers, nothing will work, notwithstanding we still have Good Nigerian construction firms doing fine, but no confidence from government to patronize them to deliver good jobs.

In my State, Akwa Ibom, an indigenous company HENSEK delivered a standard 6Lane dual Carriageway(Ring-Road3) in Uyo, spanning almost 10KM with Street lights. As someone who have good taste for smooth finishing, I was able to spot some grey areas in that road but I got encouraged that an Indigenous construction company owned by an indigene could deliver such a beautiful road, you need to see the road at night when the streetlights are switched on.
Most the time Foreign construction companies gives you good&smooth finishing.

Our Construction Industry, our Civil Engineers needs to be encouraged.

We definitely need to encourage indigenous construction companies to grow in service delivery by prescribing a minimum of 60 percent project allocation. Also, the Federal ministry of works must develop and enforce a minimum standard in construction pursuant to internationally practiced standards, which are to be strictly adhered to by construction companies and engineers in Nigeria.

Expat participation should be on a need-to-engage basis. Yes, we will make mistakes, but we will also correct them, and this is the only way to create and expand value and capacity.

Nigeria has a problem with focused and selfless leadership. Most people in Nigeria have severely minimized moral perception resultant from the dysfunctional society created and bequeathed to them by successive leadership of the country.

We must do things differently, if measurable progress is what we want.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by rummmy: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2023
LP....That is the majority people choice not that man in imo state...

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by ottersberger(m): 10:35am On Oct 13, 2023
BarrElChapo:

Well I'm from Anambra state and I remember that in the days of Ngige as governor he used RCC strictly for road construction, most of those roads are still in perfect conditions till today eg. Amaubia-Nibo-Mbaukwu road but when Peter Obi became governor he tried to patronize local coys.

Inter Bau Construction Co. whose CEO is from Awka Etiti was awarded Ichida-Awka Etiti road and in one year the road washed away like literally.

In Awka town he patronized Pa Chuks Construction Co., Akiota works etc etc most of those roads did not outlive his administration.

When he wanted to then do the Federal road IDC constructed some part of the road Enugu-Onitsha federal road and some drivers of the road have said it's not too safe driving during rainy season cos it can be slippery but they did a fairly good job but since then IDC has not done another road to my knowledge in Nigeria.

In the Enugu part of Enugu-Onitsha federal road, Niger Cat was first awarded the road, then another construction company, these spanned years oo not until it was recently awarded to RCC, who are now delivering the job, now if you compare what RCC did to what IDC did you'd wish that the Anambra part was undone to be honest.

In Enugu metropolis when Sullivan wanted to rearrange the state he used mostly Setraco and Arab Contractors for most of the road even though I'm aware he used Master Holdings and all of those roads are still holding up today.

In Imo state, I once was a live broadcast of former governor Rochas berating contractors who obviously were indigenous coys that were awarded road construction but had either not done or delivered as at when due, where are those roads now.

At the heart of these corruption is but at least these foreign coys have a name to protect so they won't want to just do anything or take any amount of money for a job for the sake of it.

I hear you there, and your point regarding conduct is right on the money. Yes, we have β€œa Nigeria” problem. Again, this is why I talked about leadership in my above post. For the most part, Nigerians have a corrupt mindset, especially when they are in Nigeria, where people do not face meaningful consequences for the wrongs they choose to do.

Unlike what I daily experience here in Oyinbo country, where some of us Nigerian professionals are daily crafting and delivering unrivaled value to our organizations and government.

We need to rethink our values, or even nationhood. These things are at the core of the "whys" regarding the retrogression we witness in the country. Sullivan Chime worked for Enugu and his footprints are still very visible in the state. There are a few other ex-governors, including Peter Obi, who honestly worked and left their states better than they met them.

The rest are embroiled in partisan politics and personal gratification. What that means is that if the head is rotten, the body obviously follows. We must retool our mindset as a people, but that cannot happen without systematically holding people responsible for their missteps, which requires a responsible law enforcement practice and judiciary. We have none of these in today's Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by blairlady(f): 10:45am On Oct 13, 2023
Sweet Prince 🀣🀣🀣
cenaman:
Better person .

Just like Ben Ayade, the new governor of my state has not lay a single stone
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by Tonytonex(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2023

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by pocom35: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2023
WebSurfer:
Imagine still voting PDP and APC and an average Nigerian wants change.. we can clearly see that a Majority of Nigerians are the reason why Nigeria have been backward.

Ethinicity and religion will finish you before you all in that country before you realize Nigeria cannot grow or work out until people become one.

It's not by political party..seems ..you are the one blinded by ethnicity and religion.

Wike and umahi did wonders in their state ..ganduje also worked
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by pocom35: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/

One cannot help but wonder how our people intentionally support evil and expect an angel to intercede on their behalf. Can anyone explain to us how Okezie Ikpeazu secured 2nd tenure in Abia State considering that he is a dunce? I think we are our own worst problems.

Anambra State was retrogressive under Obiano and folks were shouting "Willie is Working". As soon as he left, everyone found their voices. It is ridiculous!

/

But obiano didn't perform badly..

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by pocom35: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Another thing i like south shouth and south east is that they give road construction job to competent companies ...

Solid and long lasting road is assured..

Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by eldoradoxx: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2023
God bless Alex Otti, the man has proven that if the people become tired of the way they are governed, they can make radical changes to impact their lives positively. Abia is getting what it voted for, just as what Nigeria is getting what it voted for at the Presidential election.
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by djon78(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2023
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/relief-as-gov-otti-flags-off-port-harcourt-aba-road-reconstruction-says-its-a-jinx-broken-photos-video/

Ah Dee Sam Mbakwe continue to rest in peace πŸ™

The best governor to have emerged from the Eastern Nigeria from the second republic till now

Alex oti will tow his footsteps

Very big shame on okezie ikpeazu, Theodore orji and orji uzor kalu
These Men really messed up big time
Tueh....
Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by ufotunang: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2023
cenaman:
my friend, I said just like Ben Ayade.

I'm a Cross riverian
..ok no problem πŸ‘

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Jos, Plateau State- Photos / Buhari's Visit: Major Roads In Lagos Blocked / Billionaire With Private Jet/ Yacht To Pay Luxury Taxes From 2019 - Federal Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.