Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job (31117 Views)

Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:49am On Oct 19, 2023
Basiljoe:
Sometimes I understand why they say poverty is of the mind. Kai.

Everything starts with the mind - including poverty and wealth. We always forget that
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:54am On Oct 19, 2023
MeineMutter:

I get you.

You are welcome.
I would still suggest you visit firstly, especially if you you are older than 40.

Getting job to covert visit visa in Canada is not as easy as people think it is.

Just don’t loud it when you first of all travel. Don’t alert people or put yourself on social media.

I'm not 40 at all and I actually intend to post my progress, with photos, right here on this thread - village people or not!😎
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:01am On Oct 19, 2023
Luther0luther:

Guy, you're in tech, you can always live the dream! You should begin to work out how to secure jobs from the Americas ,working in Nigeria remotely. You will live like a king. Anytime you like, you travel to these locations for vacations ,flex small and come back. Guy, don't believe the hype o! With enough money, you will get that type of life even here in Nigeria.

Finally, if you're single, you can take your chances and see for yourself . If you're married with children, you an also take your chances . At the end of the day, it should be what works for you . You may like it ,you may not.

Life na once! So if you dey feel like to go, no listen to anybody. Ticket don dey your hand, make your move.

I do sincerely wish you all the best!

Thank you soo much. But if it were that simple don't you think everybody would be doing it?
I am not married and I really crave travel and adventure. You can almost say the ground is burning under my feet!😁
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:04am On Oct 19, 2023
justmondris:

There is nothing like calm down here lol. Opportunities come but once oh. Abeg Japa my guy. There may be some challenges in Canada when you get there but las las you go dey okay and always thank God u Japa. The current purchasing power of 500k naira now is even like 350k compared to last two years.

That's the problem, I'm already quite ok here, and with potential 1.5m salary I'll be even more ok. So it's a real dilemma
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:06am On Oct 19, 2023
kunle75:

It's up to you but that's my opinion, I did it and am glad i took that decision

Did what? Which?
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:10am On Oct 19, 2023
elbulk:

If you have enough money to sustain you for a good period of time then go for it. Even if you get a job in good time it's best to have money to sustain you for 6 months to 1 year just in case

I have less than $500. It's part of the dilemma
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:13am On Oct 19, 2023
directonpc:

Please stay in Nigeria and do your 500K Tech job. Keep applying for remote and in-person roles in North America and even Europe, you'll get it eventually and japa if that is something you fancy. Life as an illegal permanent resident for anywhere no easy oo.

Thanks so much for your most sincere advice but I honestly want to do some travel now, before Christmas
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Ajalalomo: 5:15am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I'm not 40 at all and I actually intend to post my progress, with photos, right here on this thread - village people or not!😎

No problem, we all know that kids of these days can’t live without social media.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:15am On Oct 19, 2023
gammarays:

Check am nah
If you got the funds for a tourist visit, you can go and come back 😊
Na part of Life

I have the funds, but barely

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:17am On Oct 19, 2023
Ajalalomo:

No problem, we all know that kids of these days can’t live without social media.

Dey there. Soon AI will take over everything including your j-o-b
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:20am On Oct 19, 2023
Yaks02:

It seems everything is already figured out in Canada. It's safe to say u can go

I have a TRV, visitor visa - and people in the know are saying it's not good enough
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:24am On Oct 19, 2023
darkmarky:
now na... Or u want when dollar is 5,000 naira , na when u go wan japa? Abeg japa now bro.

Everybody in Naija is advising this. While everybody abroad is advising delay. Who would you say is being sincere, emotional?
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:27am On Oct 19, 2023
micxwell:
Things are complicated right now but not as bad as not being able to get by with 1million naira.

No mind am. 1m is chump change. Everybody is a billionaire on NL

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:28am On Oct 19, 2023
virginchaser:

If i where you i will collect the job, spend three months, have meeting with the management to allow me work remotely for three months. You may end up doing half year in both countries.

Sounds very good actually. If only real life were that smooth
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:31am On Oct 19, 2023
Dammiesugar:

If you’re coming into Canada with visitor’s visa, my dear abort mission straight or else you will regret it and go back to Naija empty handed.

Thanks. Same advice from all in the know - but my heart wants Caca, and wants it now! grin
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by sukkot: 5:34am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

My bros that was hypothetical, this is my REAL life. What would be your advice as a well-traveled guy?
if you have a 10 year visa, take the tech job and see how it goes for 1 year. if you dont like it then japa

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Ajalalomo: 5:34am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Dey there. Soon AI will take over everything including your j-o-b

I am not worried about AI at all because I know my job is safe. Or you think AI will clean a septic tank.

I only concern about the economy, not AI because people will poop more as they eat more, which will bring in more money for me.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Najdorf: 5:47am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

$100K a year. I wonder how many people in Canada make $100K US a year
I understand that's a high percentile income for North America, but it's definitely possible to get there assuming the person is in certain fields and certain locations.

You're now asking someone to relocate back for a few grand. The lost possible career earnings is worth far more than $40k.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by kunle75(m): 6:05am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Did what? Which?

I choose between a well paid job in Naija and my unknown future in the state.

It works for me,I have a better paying job/ my business which makes life flexible for me and achieve more in my quest to better myself.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Ajalalomo: 6:44am On Oct 19, 2023
Najdorf:

I understand that's a high percentile income for North America, but it's definitely possible to get there assuming the person is in certain fields and certain locations.

You're now asking someone to relocate back for a few grand. The lost possible career earnings is worth far more than $40k.

How many jobs pay $100,000 for a new hire unless you are a pharmacist, doctor, or engineer in those big companies like Google?

We are not talking about overtime because it is not guaranteed.

Most people who are making $100,000 currently have been in their jobs for years. The salary range for new hires is between $36,000 and $50,000 per year.

Don't forget about rent, because it is the number one money-taker. Rent takes like 40 to 50% of their income.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by darkmarky(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Everybody in Naija is advising this. While everybody abroad is advising delay. Who would you say is being sincere, emotional?
people who are sincere will japa and understand that the place they are going to is also not a get rich quick scheme. With that understanding, you will make it there too with time. Its only those who have japad with the mindset that they will get rich quick and who do not have skills are the ones advising others not to come over.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by OdefaGirl(f): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

But isn't suffering still suffering no matter where you do it??!

Never the same
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Intrepid01(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Stop making a fool of yourself. First you were on about salary, now it is wether "status" or operational car!

The fool here is you!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Intrepid01(m): 9:08am On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

No mind the Intrepid01 guy. A salary that is probationary and quickly skyrockets is what he is obsessed with. Keep yapping about what he knows nothing about

Only if you kids knew better you will keep quiet, watch and learn.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by alyarmouk(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2023
If you can guide me through the route, why not, I'd gladly go through it. Nigeria is a no-no for me rn

PoliteActivist:

So why not go the asylum route. But you can also get soul-killing slavery job right here in Nigeria if you wanted. That you are in Canada or any place doesn't make a soul-killing slavery job less so. I'm sure these people below were also yearning for slavery jobs
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Yaks02(m): 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=PoliteActivist post=126488066]

I have a TRV, visitor visa - and people in the know are saying it's not good enough [/quoote]

Visitors visa isn't really good enough, but if u trust ur friends then it's ok
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by otunbadan(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I meant Canada and you KNOW it!! My friend you are NOT in Canada. We already KNOW that! Anybody in Canada won't be doing all this too much talk. They'll simply prove it by photo, then demand payment. We KNOW you are NOT in Canada! You are not fooling anybody.
otunbadan is a fraud!
He is fraudulently claiming he's in Caca when he is NOT!!

You are just not alright .....
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
otunbadan:

You are just not alright .....

Why? For tricking you into admitting you're a fraud who lives somewhere in Ajegunle but pretending to live in Canada?!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
kodred:

People that knew what they were doing back then are still stuck till this day. They would gladly return as they also thought once they get there everything would be set only to be heavily disappointed.

I tell you. It's all destiny. Wherever you go, if that's not your destiny... Imagine if Tinubu stayed in US, he'd be sitting in jail right now, instead he's president!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:
For 2020 gas na 300 fast forward to 2023 gas now na how much??
For yankee gas go up everybody complain biden reason the matter everything normalize . for here nothing go sup if you like cry spirit grin .

This na true o. It's as if Nigerians are sedated. Prices of common goods will suddenly double and you won't hear pim from anybody!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool
My Brother In-laws Secretary actually left her secretary job as his Secretary at herbadeshers school UK, came to New Gbagi Ibadan Nigeria, started a fabrics store business selling lace , Ankara and aso ebi, and she is doing great with a family

This is a woman who spent over 5 years looking for papers, spent almost 10 years plus working for the bills and some petty savings, 10 years + without husband and kids

But are you sure she did not engage in a little yahoo and ran back with the loot with cops in hot pursuit😆
How are you sure she made the money in Naija?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Yola: Trailer Crushes 20 People To Death While Being Chased By The Police / Flooding: We Are Suffering In Port Harcourt Here (Pictures) / Pedestrian Bridge In Benin City Opens For Public Use (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.