Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job (31062 Views)

Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:09am On Oct 20, 2023
BreconHills:
It is not just about money and living in a new dev with a BMW. It's about being influential at the highest level.

Apart from one or two rare blacks - the glass ceiling is still there. But if the dream is for life in a new development and a flash car. Why not? It wasn't enough for me and today with every humility it's worked out.

Worked out for PBAT and his chief of staff too!
Is there a glass ceiling in Naija? You think?
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:15am On Oct 20, 2023
Ifakiland:

Wait first what kind of Canada visa do you even have? It sounds like it's a visitor visa....you can't work with a visitor visa na....your agent don whine for you ba....smh better sit and enjoy your job here smh

I've said from the beginning it is a TRV, a visitor visa. But I already have my plane ticket and Canadian ideas/dreams. The 500K is actually temporary, quickly doubles plus, still...
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:19am On Oct 20, 2023
Intrepid01:

Feel free kiddo, those who own you won’t do otherwise.

No sir! I refuse! I refuse to call you a lying, cheating blithering mumu who thinks everyone is like him and who should go back to his corrupt slave job and stop putting mouth in things he knows nothing about!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:21am On Oct 20, 2023
grandstar:

From what is ground now, it will take time.

2 to 2 years for the economy to adjust.

Still the present government can do far more to kick the economy back to life such as my suggestion of lowering corporate taxes.

May PBAT's good luck (he is indeed a lucky fellow) rub off on our nation
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2023
otunbadan:

No wahala bro … cheers

Cheers to you too my brother and take heart, you won't be the first to be exposed on NL
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Ajalalomo: 6:02am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Oh you're into poop! Then you don't have to worry about AI at all. AI doesn't do poop

Now you know who to call when it’s time to clean your septic tank.

That’s what most folks are doing abroad, but they are ashamed to do it here in Nigeria.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by otunbadan(m): 6:05am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Cheers to you too my brother and take heart, you won't be the first to be exposed on NL

lol … funny thing is that you think you are being smart, rolling with gutter attitude … Abi na you been Dey ask about 500k work or to japa … just do what ever local thing rocks your boat bra … I have nothing to proof to a stupid stranger !!!

A very stupid one oooo !!!!

Cheers once more !!!!

Have a nice Dai dummy !!!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by ariesbull: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well that's why those countries are rich. All that credit adds to the general economic activity. You don’t have to save forever to buy stuff. They give it to you on credit because they know who you are and your credit worthiness. In Naija it's impossible because no reliable data base of individuals as to who they are!
oga don't tell me about that..I ha w been there so ....nobody lobes debts it's only idiots love debts

How can you live a borrowed life
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Intrepid01(m): 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

No sir! I refuse! I refuse to call you a lying, cheating blithering mumu who thinks everyone is like him and who should go back to his corrupt slave job and stop putting mouth in things he knows nothing about!

Lol, you just did as expected. Now go outside and play with sand kiddo, oh sorry with your imaginary official car😀😃🤣
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by elbulk(m): 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I have less than $500. It's part of the dilemma

I don't think it is wise to go with that amount. Give yourself sometime, start the job and save aggressively
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by FreeIgboho: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2023
ariesbull:
oga don't tell me about that..I ha w been there so ....nobody lobes debts it's only idiots love debts

Debt is never a good thing. I’m dealing with it right now
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2023
Intrepid01:

Lol, you just did as expected. Now go outside and play with sand kiddo, oh sorry with your imaginary official car😀😃🤣

See how you're insulting me? I refused to say a single bad word about you and you still insult me. Well, I'll stick to the spirit of my moniker. I won't say you are an idiotic, imbecilic mumu who should stick to his small, corrupt, miserable life and leave honest people alone!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
ariesbull:
oga don't tell me about that..I have been there so ....nobody loves debts it's only idiots love debts

FreeIgboho:

Debt is never a good thing. I’m dealing with it right now

Ok, debt may not be good for INDIVIDUALS who don't know how to manage debt, BUT debt is very good for SOCIETY!!
Say I sell cement and you want to build a house but you don't have the money, so I can't sell my cement and therefore can't buy car, etc. If the bank lends you the money, suddenly I can sell my cement, car dealer can sell his car, tutors can now get jobs tutoring my children, etc. Then in turn, the car dealer and tutor will now be able to patronize the grocer and barber, who in turn.. etc. Now multiply that times millions. That's why those countries are rich! Money is infact debt!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by deepwater(f): 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Nigeria infact flips all the time. Nothing is really static. But there's a lot of opportunity in that fluidity too!

Within a space of less than one year. it rose from 13m to 25m

Who benefits from such fluidity
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by FreeIgboho: 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Ok, debt may not be good for INDIVIDUALS who don't know how to manage debt, BUT debt is very good for SOCIETY!!
Say I sell cement and you want to build a house but you don't have the money, so I can't sell my cement and therefore can't buy car, etc. If the bank lends you the money, suddenly I can sell my cement, car dealer can sell his car, tutors can now get jobs tutoring my children, etc. Then in turn, the car dealer and tutor will now be able to patronize the grocer and barber, who in turn.. etc. Now multiply that times millions. That's why those countries are rich! Money is infact debt!

How is debt good for society? So all these loan apps stressing people out with some committing suicide, how is that good
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2023
Gerrard59:
Na this hypocrisy dey vex me. Person go siddon for abroad dey say "no place like home", "being around blacks is better", "don't come to the abroad", "abroad is lonely" yen yen yen. OK, return back to Nigeria or even Namibia? Mbanu! If you were in, say Botswana, one would say he is practising what he preaches but nooooooooo. You are in Europe!!!!!!!!!

Again, if the abroad don tire una, book the next available flight to anywhere that is black-dominated, and while at that, let go of your Canadian/British/American/European citizenship!

My brother the thing tire me o. They advise you not to come with visitor visa, meanwhile many of them went with exactly that!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
sokeril:
Very interesting thread.
Having first hand experience about the UK from interactions with UK citizens on Twitter and the amount of their struggles and complaints has been making me ask this question:
Why the hell are Nigerians still trooping to the UK with all these UK economic and financial crisis?
It is well sha.

Good question. Well, because... because just going to UK or Canada is an achievement to us here - even if you wipe old folks' asses over there!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:19am On Oct 21, 2023
pansophist:
The UK as well as Belgium (and to some extent France) are the countries I went to and felt sorry for them, like seriously. I will get angry if I see more white/Asian/Arab faces in Nigeria than black faces. For example in Antwerp, there are more Arab-looking people than white Belgians. Brussels and Liege are mixed of people from everywhere, especially Africans and middle-eastern. Belgium is really small and densely populated with 12M people (Niger state is bigger than Belgium at least twice), so the demographic changes are very visible.

See, this is one thing we don't consider when we scream racism.
How would you feel if suddenly your cozy city is overrun by Arab-looking men??
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:27am On Oct 21, 2023
doctore212:
Me am looking for where I can get cheap olosho for 5k all night here in Zamfra state
😅😅
I laugh but this is actually serious. Everybody has their problems!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:36am On Oct 21, 2023
pansophist:
I always say it here that leaving Nigeria should be for those that are poor. A life of dignity in your motherland, where the people look like you is far more soothing to the soul than living as an immigrant in a country where the population tolerates you and deeply does not want you there. With racism and co.

The best is to just get the nationality as a gateway to the world, then live in Africa. Thats better. But go out there, see if you like it and decide what's best for you.

Actually very good advice, but would people like me listen? I doubt it very much grin
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:45am On Oct 21, 2023
Maysdevices:
Life is not hard in..
Canada
Switzerland
Singapore
Japan
Luxermbourg
Qatar

Nigeria is not just a shithole. A shithole seems like heaven compared to this place.

😆😅 Easy o... some of us actually have it pretty good here
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 3:58am On Oct 21, 2023
seanwilliam:
I personally practice delay gratification, maybe because I suffered too much before I started making money, I can’t afford to lose it grin .

Any day any time, I’ll choose xyz over traveling abroad . Within a year I can easily x5 that amount and I will be able to travel anywhere

That's my ideal: I want to be able to travel anywhere any time I wish - that is, I'd be based in both places
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Crenzywilliams:
I guess it’s fair to say am still paying the prize for my relocation. School was tough, the cultural shock was overwhelming.
That said, i have to admit, it’s way better than I was in Nigeria, it’s easy to plan here, and if you work hard, you can make lots of money, thank God am hard working. Honestly, it’s not been easy, but its been really good; and I swear, it’s worth cost I paid, and it’s always getting better.

That is why I'm wholly leaning towards traveling, no matter what. I'll post updates here with photos
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:29am On Oct 21, 2023
IbeOkehie:
When I came back from my disastrous move to Nigeria, I had to start life over in terms of buying pots and pans and plates and general property. I was working LOOONG HOURS making money to settle myself back into the USA. So I ate in restaurants EVERY DAY for about 6 months. I was already a pharmacist, earning good money and I ate at what I thought were the best and healthiest places. My waist size went from 36 to 42 inches. I became FAT, my breathing became labored, I got a pot belly. When they tell you 80% of Americans are overweight, well I got a first hand, practical and personal TASTE of the statistics. It's not funny at all.

This is my real name. And anyone choosing to banter around with me on this subject, how about the minimum courtesy of a real name, job and location? It would add at least a little bit of credibility.

Thanks.

😆 I can just imagine you with pot belly and labored breath.
But seriously, there's a reason so many Americans are said to.be obese. Note to myself: don't eat their food!

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:35am On Oct 21, 2023
xjiggy:
Bro when they say Canada is short of workers, it does not mean anybody can just go and take up the job. You have to have the right credentials and specialty. Mind you, our university certificates can only get you into their schools but not give you job directly. Also they give preference to Americans, Europeans and Australians

I'm told my TRV won't cut it. But some of the very folks went with TRV, albeit years ago
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:38am On Oct 21, 2023
Ajalalomo:

Now you know who to call when it’s time to clean your septic tank.

That’s what most folks are doing abroad, but they are ashamed to do it here in Nigeria.

Funny thing is, I do need to clean my septic tank pretty soon. You didn't leave aza..
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 4:42am On Oct 21, 2023
otunbadan:

lol … funny thing is that you think you are being smart, rolling with gutter attitude … Abi na you been Dey ask about 500k work or to japa … just do what ever local thing rocks your boat bra … I have nothing to proof to a stupid stranger !!!

A very stupid one oooo !!!!

Cheers once more !!!!

Have a nice Dai dummy !!!

Well I tricked you into exposing yourself - that you DON'T live in Canada. I'd say that's pretty smart of me!
Cheer up, it's not the end of the world

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 5:08am On Oct 21, 2023
1Sharon:
Only the rich and middle class Nigerians can enjoy Nigeria.
The poor desperate Nigerians are the ones saying japa.
Why would a rich person leave Nigeria when he can afford to live with dignity?
If you are rich in Nigeria, why would you go and hustle to live in the West?

Good question. I guess a short answer would be: because that's where the dollar is grin
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Gerrard59(m): 7:24am On Oct 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:

My brother the thing tire me o. They advise you not to come with visitor visa, meanwhile many of them went with exactly that!

Bros,

Why you dey quote a post from a previous thread to this one na? I have read your previous posts lampooning other Nairalanders nay Nigerians from relocating, so I am surprised you, too, want to japa. Why not remain with Emi Lokan? As for the bold, a visit visa does not count these days. Immigration policies have been tightened across the rich world. The US is the only exception. Getting a visit interview date from any of the embassies in Nigeria is by 2024 abi 2025. The Canada visit visa only favours a highly skilled person, preferably in tech as employers would have to justify LMIA costs and timeline.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by AngelicBeing: 9:55am On Oct 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

Bros,

Why you dey quote a post from a previous thread to this one na? I have read your previous posts lampooning other Nairalanders nay Nigerians from relocating, so I am surprised you, too, want to japa. Why not remain with Emi Lokan? As for the bold, a visit visa does not count these days. Immigration policies have been tightened across the rich world. The US is the only exception. Getting a visit interview date from any of the embassies in Nigeria is by 2024 abi 2025. The Canada visit visa only favours a highly skilled person, preferably in tech as employers would have to justify LMIA costs and timeline.
Aduro and lyawo route na him some people take enter PR and citizenship in the past but kasala don cast that parole now because lmmigration don see many dodgy marriage and bogus refugee claims , visit visa to Pr to Citizenship is like telling Buhari to climb mountain 🗻 Everest with bathroom slippers, it is pretty much tight, hard and Immigration Lawyers go chop your money taya filling frivolous and useless appeals for court and this will take endless years and the person will be hanging on either removal or deportation cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
CloudTrees:
Don't fall for it... You have a better chance at life in Canada.
The value of naira will be peanuts compared to what you might earn in Canada

Considering the above posts and the two videos below, and all you have read so far, you still think so? Also considering the 500K is only probationary and will quickly rise to up to 1.5m (which I intentionally did not mention).
But also consider I already have my ticket and Canadian dreams😎

2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mN6CjcKab0?si=cCR3jNEnoLsVoN3H

2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvb_OCO6DU8?si=av-LI7Y2GcHtK88u
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

The OP is an Agbadorian who has been at the forefront of dissuading Nigerians from japa. It is a sarcastic post to make it sound stupid to relocate. No one earning 500K in Nigeria would opt for a visit visa.

tensazangetsu20:

I believe these guys are paid at this point. I don't think people are that jobless

CloudTrees:

Yes they are paid. They were called BMC at a point

You guys still have not apologized for calling me an Agbadorian.
Oh by the way, the likes on that comment has gone up to 225 despite not being among the first comments (see below).People seem to like it😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Tree Fell On Man's Car In Ghana (photos) / Policeman Hit By Car Dies In Kaduna (Graphic Photos) / Ikorodu Lagos Boat Mishap: 4 Dead, 4 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.