Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job (31054 Views)

Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by whippersnapper(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
g
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Mendy101: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
I already have my plane tickets o, and been planning my life in Canada oo!
Didn't think I'd actually land the job at all! 500K a month plus housing, car, health and life insurance benefits.
Why is life always like this??!! In serious dilemma what to do
My brother, just leave the country, there is no reason why you should stay
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Image123(m): 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2023
500k is like $500 right?
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by LegendaryArnold(m): 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I have a proper Canadian visa, a friend I can stay with, and some tech connections. That's it

My brother travel.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Chetas81(m): 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
BUT WE SEE MANY NIGERIAN CITIZEN SLEEPING ON THE ROADSIDE IN CANADA, ANYWAY TRY TO DO YOUR CALCULATION VERY WELL
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by jabberjawz: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Didn't think I'd actually land the job at all! 500K a month plus housing, car, health and life insurance benefits.

Move to Canada ASAP, 500k does not cut it for the better future of your kids...!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by directonpc(m): 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That's exactly what I wish I could do but I know it's not possible.

If you're a software developer or devops guy, go to Canada. 500k na just 500 USD. For Canada you can easily land a better job remote or in-person.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by studycenter: 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
I can tell what you have is a visitor visa.
Without a work permit, that'd be a real hustle by the time you land. The 6months stay condition of your visa is a turnoff for most employers that'd want to hire on a long term.

Advice: take the 500k job for now and tell your frnds in Canada to recommend jobs in tech for you. Tech people can get job from outside Canada. Once you land one, you can travel by then.

While you're here, you can consider PR visa as well. People in tech have enough advantage getting Invitation to Apply from provinces in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by rinzaugustine: 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Accept the job, apply for study leave without pay for 1-2 years. They may or may not accept it. It’s 50-50
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Resurgent2016: 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Oh, it is multiple entry. I can be in Canada for six months at a time, valid for 10 years

This is some kind of visitor's visa?

I will advise you keep your job nd explore Canada on the side.

If it is a full residence visa, no contest, go for it
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by na2016: 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
You probably have a visiting visa to Canada. I beg of you, pick the job in Nigeria n do real pr ooo

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by adecz: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2023
Better remain in 9ja.

Japajantis is for people without hope
in Nigeria..

Life isn't easy outside Nigeria ohh.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by jaksmillioniar: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
Go to Canada ur life will change u become a citizens. U can marry oyibo born a baby that speak like one what is 500k small money
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by jaksmillioniar: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Go to Canada ur life will change u become a citizens. U can marry oyibo born a baby that speak like one what is 500k small money
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Omo I fell it's great that a friend will house you o. But a job of 500k with adons is really good. In my opinion, take the job and work it for sometime get some money and more experience and then seek Canada jobs from here.

From your chats is a visitor's visa why not stay back with a good job and work towards a work visa.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by greggng: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Don't even listen to anyone..enter plane to Canada. Thank me later . There are many jobs over there . You will have peace of mind . The inflation in this country is getting out of hand...500k might not even be enough in a month for a family man . B4 we use to pay 18k yearly for security. Today it has been increased to 30k fir security . 66unit of electricity for 5k ...Don't say I didn't warn you go now b4 you regret like me .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by kaymart: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I don't do dm's, no time. But go ahead.
I want to say eff Canada too but the ideas and dreams in my head! Justwise nlfpmod more learned inputs
A grifter spotted...
Continue though....

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by sojiooo1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
if u have business or work or anything u are doing that can be getting you 1.5M and above in Nigeria. You don’t have any reason to travel out. 95% of people outside won’t be able to safe more than that in UK, Canada or US. You may definetly not even like the job u will be doing to even be saving such amount. it will be a job you can’t even do when u are in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
Ekpekus:

It is a visitor's visa na... not relocation. So take the job and visit Canada when you are vacation since you already have 10 years multiple entry.

My exact mindset too, but I already have these wild dreams in my head and they're not going away. I really wish this job had come earlier or after I'm already in Canada. Why does it always have to be like this?!!
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by bigiyaro(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
by December, that 500k will be less than $450, pls move, even if it is for the sake of your unborn kids. What you will achieve in 2 years working in Canada (even as a freelancer) 7 years in Nigeria no go do you.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by socialmediaman: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Go to Canada if you have a legal pathway to permanent residence.

Nigeria today is for people who are already established in corrupt politics, older retired people, poor people who have no legal pathway to japa, and the likes

Even people earning N1 million plus monthly and others are saving up to move their families abroad

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by hopexter(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
I already have my plane sad tickets o, and been planning my life in Canada oo!

I live and work oversea, I’ll stay if I have such a job with benefits. You’ll get to work and live a happy life surrounded by friends and families unlike overseas, don’t forget, winter already started sad
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by IyaTola: 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
How much is 500k? $500?
The question is,
What do you want to achieve in 5yrs time,?
Are you single?
What type of visa do you have?

If it's a visitors Visa take option 1
If it's a PR visa take option 2

Option 1 Truth is, the house, could be raided by EFCC, the car would almost go bad as a result of bad roads, plus part of the cars could be stolen, the health benefits is abysmal because HMO are out to make profit.

Option 2However, Canada is currently going through a criss period, you have constant power supply, good road, standard health care same with one the PM is receiving unlike Nigeria where your have your president going for abroad for mere headache, serene environment plus you have laid a very fantastic foundation for your generation unborn. It's also worthy to note that there's racism in Canada.

The ball is in your court, you decide
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by kennymotors(m): 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
Canada
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Dennisochampa: 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
Before you make a choice... Just think about it that 1000 CAD is more than 500k...

So if you're half as good as the job you landed suggests, think about making 4k CAD monthly in a sane environment where everything works just fine.
No allow your village people use you.
This is a chance to secure the future of your unborn kids.
Nothing dey 9ja...even if u dey earn 1m per month, who deh earn 4k for canada, usa or even UK na bros for where you deh...

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Omoawoke2(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I wonder what’s the big deal in making a choice here

From what you said, it’s a visiting visa you have to Canada on a 10 years passport

Why don’t you visit and see the canada and go back to Nigeria to continue your job

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by MagicalConcepts: 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:
As you dey see Nigeria, the country well so?
It's Canada, not Libya or Syria. If you don't go and process your travelling now I ll send your whole family after you.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by PoliteActivist: 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
Buzx:
If it's a visitor Visa, please! Take the Job. You can't work with a Visitor Visa in Canada.

But I'm told I can "hustle" and also who knows who I will meet. It's really not easy on me
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by 1972xy: 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2023
Stick to Naija job.
Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Btzzk: 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2023
Good advice from someone in abroad for years, Nigeria like quick money. If the reason of coming is just about money, you’ll be disappointed. But if you’re coming to better your life and your kids you’re welcome. There is no shortcut, all those bullshit advice you’re getting will not help you. I don’t know much about Canada, but in US, if you’re ready to go to school & work hard, you can be anything even more than you can ever imagine.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by Jewessgratitud3: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
Stay back here. It's better than where they'll use tax to finish your income and leave you in the cold hands of loneliness and depression with no social life.

Remember housing there is monthly and to meet up and still have small change to roll by you'll have to double or triple your hustle in that their extreme weather condition leaving you exhausted and sick.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job by IyaTola: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
greggng:

Don't even listen to anyone..enter plane to Canada. Thank me later . There are many jobs over there . You will have peace of mind . The inflation in this country is getting out of hand...500k might not even be enough in a month for a family man . B4 we use to pay 18k yearly for security. Today it has been increased to 30k fir security . 66unit of electricity for 5k ...Don't say I didn't warn you go now b4 you regret like me .
What do you use your money for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Tree Fell On Man's Car In Ghana (photos) / Policeman Hit By Car Dies In Kaduna (Graphic Photos) / Ikorodu Lagos Boat Mishap: 4 Dead, 4 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.