Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (15439 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sageb: 9:41am On Oct 15, 2023
tachia406:
1. I stopped going to church the day I realized that the Sabbath day is Saturday and not their Sunday.

2. I stopped going the say I realized Sunday is the first day of the week and not the seventh day.
3. I stopped going the day I realized that Sunday was a day Romans set aside for the worship of their sun god (SUN-day.)

4. I stopped going the day I learn that church has no place in the scriptures.

5. I stopped going the day I realized that no Prophet of Abba Yahuah preached in a place called church.

6. I stopped going the day I realized that there's only one Supreme Being called Abba Yahuah and no other.

7. I stopped going the day I realized that Yeshua Hamashia'c didn't tell us He is God but human beings did etc

Are you a Judaism follower?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Image123(m): 9:42am On Oct 15, 2023
LoLz, this question is asked every Sunday here. Does it give you guys some form of life achievement, since there's no purpose in your sorry unbelieving lives?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Lanmonfishery(m): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2023
They preach more about making money than making heaven...at that point I gave up
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by SleekyP(m): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2023
God is everywhere cool
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Tripleoluwa(m): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2023
The bible already give us expo of what will happen in the end. Charity and philanthropy is the gate pass to heaven, not church attendance or miracle works

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by sageb: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2023
kodab:
I stop going to church, when my pastor told me I'm oweing her offering money for 7 Sunday that's I was absent from church 2.instead of preaching na story of her lifehood she dey tell us up and down 3.everytime na money money she go dey talk about 4.i just loose interest in the church then I changed church again the pastor lie for me say I go get Nigeria navy before u know I turn church boy but nothing later happen the pastor even chop my Money self , imagine pastor dey me say all church members na broke dude them be ,I was like hahaha ,shey na money God tell u make u come dey collect

Seriously? ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by iCauseTrouble: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2023
Snap, let me see you in your church outfit
EniHolar:
I'm in church

Please let me concentrate
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 15, 2023
SAMBARRY:
As much as I don't like attacking or criticizing churches,I have a feeling that that is the purpose of this thread because if not so why this thread of all days, sunday.meanwhile as irritating as Muslims can be with their violent and unruly tendencies,you Will never see them badmouthing where they go to slam their head.even they themselves know that they are toxic to each other but you will never see them opening their yansh for the world to see.yes they're overbearing but they have unity of purpose and know how to cover each others bs.

Christians it's enough stop running down churches and pastors.yes we have bad eggs amongst pastors making Christianity seem like a joke but dragging them every Sunday will change nothing.going to church is a personal decision.if you want to go,go,if you don't want to go you can rest at home but it's not necessary to state why you chose not to go to church because you owe no one any explanation.christianity is an individual race not a collective journey

You completely missed the purpose of the thread.

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with muslims. It's a soul searching one where people come out and give reasons why they stopped going to churches.

Churches and mosques are the reasons for the mass decline in critical reasoning in this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Curious345: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2023
Godwin4444:
u go to church n still harbor all d hate in your mind

Even me wey I no dey go church again donโ€™t hate people

U igbos are political Christianโ€™s
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by adisababa1234: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2023
By the time you come to reality that the life you have is a scam because it is temporary you'll go to serve the the giver of that life not minding the environment.
Som3e that had given their reason can you categorically say in your own right that your life pleases God as you abandon church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by joseph1832(m): 9:52am On Oct 15, 2023
I discovered its all sham.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by ovundakelvin(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2023
I can never stop going to church
The church is GODโ€™s own family

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by smalldivk111: 9:54am On Oct 15, 2023
BXNX:
i believe most churches are scam!!
Same here

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Tballoproperty: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2023
The reason I don't go to church is because I use Saturday and Sunday as resting day then Monday to Friday is work days for me; I take my time to rest well at home; going to church is kind of stress to Me

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by smalldivk111: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2023
Church is a scam

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by iramure(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2023
BXNX:
not MOST but ALL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by smalldivk111: 9:58am On Oct 15, 2023
imoh4king:

grin

Abeg, who teach you that theory

You, who taught you the theory you know?

Nobody is sure of heaven even the holiest of the holiest just live and let live
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Morbeta11(m): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2023
BXNX:

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by TUANKU(m): 9:59am On Oct 15, 2023
When i discovered the truth about religion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Satazaa: 9:59am On Oct 15, 2023
McLizbae:
Well my 1 penny advice is: do not go or stop going to churches with a man's picture boldly clearly printed on the banner/sign post/board of the church.

When you go to such churches you are mostly going there to serve serve the man/woman displayed!
absolutely correct

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by kingxsamz(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2023
Took a long time but I realised we were all f00ling ourselves. Gathering in the name of a nonexistent character. ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by NACE13: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2023
Reading tweets from Daddy Freeze opened my eyes to the scam we have in Nigeria.
Every year the big churches give prophetic declarations and whatever but none of them saw Covid-19 in their vision(s).
A place I was coerced to attend, the Pastor was more interested in winning members, He questions the poor and subtly worship the rich amongst them. He opened another branch and gave his son charge of the place(Family business) and just like every other church our there.
Most Pastors in Nigeria started under a particular brand and after about 10yrs or more of serving, they open their own church. That Pastor-prenticeship business.
People even go as low as using shops or upgraded kiosks as churches so they can be called GOs
These days, I go to church to woo the new females or if I got a new pair of kicks, not to show off but to flex it cool

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by iramure(m): 10:03am On Oct 15, 2023
Religion is a scam and church going is another slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Satazaa: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2023
sageb:

So you remember that Olukoya's son case.
The sad reality
His own is even small compared to the late Benson Idahosa case, when the elders rebelled against the choice of his wife and children as his successors, the church which was one of the biggest at the time died off afterwards

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by virginchaser(m): 10:04am On Oct 15, 2023
You can be a Christian without living your life on any pastor. It's so bad to see pastors lying, cheating and even scamming. Not only in Nigeria anyway. Bible is not wrong when it said christianity is individual race.

A Nigerian guy took his Canadian oyinbo girlfriend to a crusade in Canada. Nigerian pastor started praying that Canadian government should forgive students on sturdy loans. Oyinbo babe excused herself out, asking her boyfriend how will the upcoming students survive if the present ones don't pay?

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2023
imoh4king:

grin

The new Testament Christian is the Temple of God not a physical building.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by spencekat(m): 10:04am On Oct 15, 2023
Curious345:
As a child of God , church automatically became my comfort zone ..

How can I quit church ? Be like say the op dey ment
Something is wrong with OP and his likes, every Sunday, they ask this type of useless question.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by spencekat(m): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2023
ovundakelvin:
I can never stop going to church
The church is GODโ€™s own family
Exactly, same with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 15, 2023
sageb:

So you remember that Olukoya's son case.
The sad reality

I have known churches in Nigeria to be a family business all along.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by iramure(m): 10:08am On Oct 15, 2023
imoh4king:

grin
must everybody be christains?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by spencekat(m): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2023
[quote author=Morbeta11 post=126412895][/quote]Outside Nigeria, the rest of the countries there are dominated by muslims.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2023
Georgejeez:

You should be more protected than the CBN headquarters because you are a national treasure .

My local church has been paying huge tithes to the headquarters in Benin (CGMI) for more than 15 years ,,,,,, the Church have been applauded by the district headquarters, the Zonal Headquarters and the Church leadership for their faithfulness in remitting tithes promptly and bountifully , yet the local church have been struggling to pay rents to 4 different landlords which owned the various portions of the church land for donkey years now .

No good modern church instruments , no good facility because of the possibility of eviction cos of the tenancy , no good equipments etc , yet the local church keep remitting money monthly and even after conducting Annual Thanksgiving harvests , CGMI Benin keeps flourishing while the local church keeps languishing in penury .

Each time our branch pastor apply to the district, zone or Headquarters, we are promised to be assisted with the purchase of a land very soon , they will send a big Man of God to come and applaud us for complying with remittance and assure us about the land , even telling us to look for one around , we will search and show them but they wouldn't do nothing until another Church buys it ..

If they had allowed the local church autonomy to use its money generated to purchase the land and go for good instruments , the Church would have done that long ago but the big Churches continue to tax and fleece the local church just like the Federal Government is living large on the wealth of the Niger Delta states while the states continue to languish in underdevelopment and poverty..

Like Federal Government, like Pentecostal churches, like Politicians like pastors , they all hate restructuring and live on lies ...

These days I see Churches especially Pentecostal ones as a social gathering to just go to enjoy your fine clothes and snap good pics there after service and catch fun , THERE IS NO PRESENCE OF GOD THERE.

No presence of God whatsoever.
Only fleeting emotional experiences which passes and I will never pay a dime into a Nigerian church, instead I will go to the orphanage s, prisons and help people in need directly.

I will never feed and support the greed of one lazy pastor.

We go all get sense in Jesus name.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / Ibidunni Ighodalo Honoured By Dolapo Osinbajo At Runway Jazz Humanitarian Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.