Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) (36160 Views)

All Hotels In Owerri Fully Booked! FGGC Owerri Old Students Stranded / Boarding School Scandals: My Experiences As A Staff Of FGGC / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by DeepSight(m): 10:16am On Oct 15, 2023
OnionBandit:
Oh sorry

I just noticed it was built by chinenye and co

Eleribu

Your comment was silly, parochial, primitive, retrogressive, tribalistic and frankly retarded.

1 Like

Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by lexy2014: 10:36am On Oct 15, 2023
englishmart:
What does that stupid thing do?
See them shouting "wow" like expired sirens.
They should burn that nonsense.
Others are making meaningful, significant innovatons, some dumb school and Nigerians are celebrating an imported robot that doesn't do anything but march like a veteran Biafran soldier.

CAN U PLS SHOW US YOUR "SIGNIFICANT INOVATION"?
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by AsaBlackheart(m): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2023
englishmart:
Others are making meaningful, significant innovatons, some dumb school and Nigerians are celebrating an imported robot that doesn't do anything but march like a veteran Biafran soldier.

Why e dey pain u?
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Pio44: 10:52am On Oct 15, 2023
This robot will rule well than bat in aso rock
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Tisham20(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2023
grin grin grin grin I hope mami water no go enter the AI body come de cause havoc
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by jaxxy(m): 11:00am On Oct 15, 2023
What does the robot do exactly?
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 15, 2023
At least, they aren't just good at lezzbianizm like many other female students of most of the FGGC schools we have scattered around Nigeria.

But , I beg to ask, was the schematics of this robot thoroughly developed and programmed in the school alone, or with the help of some foreign intervention? How about the design? The assembling?
Anyways, kudos to the team behind it.
That's why I love Yoruba people, they are usually always the ones who pioneered certain things.
But I do agree too, that they tend to get unnecessarily proud, and brag about most of their achievements in a derogatory manner.
P.S:
Before you get triggered by my last paragraph, just know that I too, am affiliated with the tribe. Just that one of my parents is not from the south west, whilst the other is.
Let's be telling the truth, even if we feel we should only be praised , and not called out over our excesses.

1 Like

Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by ufotunang: 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
Nigeria youths have talent and skills..I just bad government, bad goverance that does not provide a conducive environment for manyyouths to thrive and excel with their talent and skills
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
Why not named the robot tinubu drugie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it sounds better noni
obembet:
Secondary school girls of the Federal Government Girls’ College (FGGC) Sagamu, Ogun State, have unveiled an AI robot called ‘Okikiola-Sagamu’, also known as Kiki-Saggy.

The project, which involved 10 students and a few staff members, was unveiled to the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Education, David Adejo, in Abuja.

The students, drawn from both the senior and junior classes, said the AI robot project took about seven months, adding that Kiki-Saggy can talk, walk and even gesticulate.

The students, drawn from both the senior and junior classes, said the AI robot project took about seven months, adding that Kiki-Saggy can talk, walk and even gesticulate.

According to them, the robot stands at a height of six feet, weighs 60kg, and has a maximum speed of 10km per hour. When asked about the construction phase of the robot, the innovators explained that they were able to harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning. They said ‘Okiki-Saggy’ was their first successful trial as there.

They also attributed their success to the training from their teachers, especially the school principal, Dr Muyibat Olodo, who also doubled as the head of the robotics team, and Coderina org, a capacity-building organisation that leverages robotics and other emerging technologies to empower young learners and teachers across Africa.

At the unveiling, Olodo emphasised how technology is aiding innovation and paving the way for a brighter future. She added that the futuristic fields are empowering students to unleash their creativity, problem-solving skills, and technological prowess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntnD5g51VYw?feature=shared

Source: Yorubaness
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
englishmart:

Start by telling us your innovative achievements so far in life abi na akamu full your brain?

1 Like

Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by veeveanO(f): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
My alma mater to the world cool

1 Like

Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by 7upnigeria: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
englishmart:

These are ordinary secondary school students, they have some a great thing at their level. Israel did not build the Iron dome by just sitting down and doing nothing.
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by femagj(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
9jvirgin:
Nigerian students should build robots that can rule Nigeria. Well programmed robots will do well than the aneemals we currently have in Aso Rock.
Smile. God will have mercy o. But you should remember what the robots built by Nigerian can do. Everything about Nigeria gets as e be o
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Officialmrt: 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
SmartyPants:

Am I seeing correctly? cheesy
I think say na only me see am?
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
OnionBandit:
God bless the great Yoruba people

For nwanem bLoders to do this, they would rather focus on cannibalism, baby factory business, rituals, onion banditry, toxicity on and off social media, terrorism and so on

Spits

Yeye dey smell, so na only the Yoruba people dey go that school? Them no mentioned any student names, so take heart
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Lovestrong(m): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
Akinboboz:
Nice, we are getting there.
lolz! Where be dt?
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by OnionBandit(f): 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
SeunOsewaIsDiot:

Yeye dey smell, so na only the Yoruba people dey go that school? Them no mentioned any student names, so take heart
but the girls don't have hairy legs and beards
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by UpdatesiOS147(m): 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
illicit:
What an irony

How can Olodo train anyone to build a robot?

🥴

Stop smoking loud omo Weyrey 🤣
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Juju70(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
Dr Olodo!!! You come sabi?
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by ugwum007(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2023
Nigeria will start becoming better when we stop celebrating this type of nonsense.

The only thing worth celebrating here is the girl on hijab amongst other students.

How many of them can write a simple hello world program in c/c++?

Please, we should stop clapping for this crap.

1 Like

Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
OnionBandit:
but the girls don't have hairy legs and beards

maybe you need your eyes glasses to see clearly because the hunger and hardship from thief'Nubu regime is hitting the South wasted waste of brown roof dirty region so hard
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by illicit(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2023
UpdatesiOS147:

Stop smoking loud omo Weyrey 🤣

🥴🤕

🤣
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Believeintruth: 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2023
Afonja007:
no wonder the founder of Toyota is yoruba man

Toyota that is Japanese is founded by a Yoruba mane ehnnnn!!!!!! Make una take am easy to dey lie oooo fear God haaaa!!!!! Na wah oooo
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Believeintruth: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2023
yommen:
The people that Igbo Nairalanders tag as Yoruba Muslims are the brains behind the project. I am not a Muslim but it amazes how Igbos on Nairaland keep brandishing the phrase 'yoruba muslim' as if those Yorubas who are Christians ever complained about Yorubas who are Muslims.

This comment of yours has no correlation to this post. Just run along and shut up.
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Believeintruth: 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2023
77up:
They will mention you trust me , because the tribe they love to hate keep doing great and that's a bad news for them grin

You see you guys don't have sense honestly. School girls of a school in Anambra state won an award abroad for designing an app that detects fake products, but there was no noise like this. Someone designed a robot that works with lines of code that was designed, not really AI and you are here talking nonsense.
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Believeintruth: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
ORIAYO70:

Jealous man
Go build ur own to fix igbo road.... Wetin funny me pass na where u say make Dem burn am, can't stop laughing... This thing might turn haywire oooo

You don't have sense walahi.
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Believeintruth: 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
OnionBandit:
Oh sorry

I just noticed it was built by chinenye and co

Eleribu

Oga shut up this propaganda and tribalism no dey sell again. Just have sense and shut up.
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Believeintruth: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
Goalminded1:
At least, they aren't just good at lezzbianizm like many other female students of most of the FGGC schools we have scattered around Nigeria.

But , I beg to ask, was the schematics of this robot thoroughly developed and programmed in the school alone, or with the help of some foreign intervention? How about the design? The assembling?
Anyways, kudos to the team behind it.
That's why I love Yoruba people, they are usually always the ones who pioneered certain things.
But I do agree too, that they tend to get unnecessarily proud, and brag about most of their achievements in a derogatory manner.
P.S:
Before you get triggered by my last paragraph, just know that I too, am affiliated with the tribe. Just that one of my parents is not from the south west, whilst the other is.
Let's be telling the truth, even if we feel we should only be praised , and not called out over our excesses.

Yorubas didn't pioneer anything. The robot in itself is not AI powered, go to Aba and Nnewi you will see Young guys that design machinery parts from scrap, so stop all this subtle tribalism, I saw through the game you were playing, but trust me it is old fashioned look for something else that can stick.
Try and be very sensible abeg.
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by Cool83(m): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
englishmart:

We need to see your own innovation before you condemn other's people effort
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by ddemillie(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Anything can pass for a robot these days. I have one mannequin in my boutique with tire under the leg. Me too I have a robot
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by BigTableShaker(f): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2023
naijapips04:
Scam. No way the built that. Nigeria as a whole can't even build that.

Just like innoson fumming about his assembled vehicle.

A simple Water Pump, Nigeria cannot produce not to talk of Radiator, Alternator, Crankshaft, Camshafts, Air compressors, Gearbox, windshields, oil seals, bumpers, fenders, Headlights, foglights, battery, fuel pump, tank cover, ignition, horn, sensors, and all those shit that makes a Vehicle.

Later, you'll see em bragging producing a Car.

Ordinary tire or rim, Nigeria cannot produce
Re: School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video) by BigTableShaker(f): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
Cool83:

We need to see your own innovation before you condemn other's people effort

Oga, that shitt is not an innovation.

It's plenty online, anybody can do that shitt, google is your friend.

The real thing is making the robot to perform exceptional tasks.

This was how Stupid govt officials praised an abokki boy for assembling a simple drone.
They were sourcing for FG funds to develop the boy until they found out that same drone was sold on AliExpress for $10.

Same way, this shitty robot is sold for less than $50 in China, yet yall stupid folks keep praising fraud.

All the students in Nigeria cannot produce the battery powering that robot, not to talk of the Kevlar body.

Its like me buying a brand new iphone 15 promax and claiming I produced it in Nigeria, is that not a fuckkery?

These and many more robots are available for sale on Amazon, Alibaba, AliExpress, Ebay, etc.

Use your head.

Technology na your mate?!

See the links, all na lie.

https://www.nairaland.com/4769740/nigerian-physics-student-builds-drone

https://www.nairaland.com/6010568/young-inventor-14-years-old

https://www.nairaland.com/6613546/nnadi-chimaobi-michael-builds-drone

https://www.nairaland.com/3258417/see-how-young-lagos-boy

https://www.nairaland.com/6013138/kwasu-student-constructs-drone-local

https://www.nairaland.com/1171920/young-officers-design-build-drone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND / Federal Ministry Of Education Bea Scholarship 2013/2014 Is Out / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.