Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,964 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth (58110 Views)

Nigeria, Afghanistan… List Of Most Prayerful Nations In The World / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh / Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
ovieigho:

Shows you don’t comprehend my write up

The stats was put up here by someone
How is Niger or Afghanistan praying countries ?

They picked poor and crisis countries and said they are the praying countries just to rubbish prayers

They are praying countries, whether yahweh, or Allah
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by hopefulLandlord: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2023
DeAnonymousGuy:

Just because it can't change things externally doesn't mean it's useless. Prayer can be useful for the person praying. It can help people change outlooks, and make changes in their lives as well just like meditation does.
Why don't such a person just "meditate" instead? Why speak words with the hope that some invisible intangible entity would change all things to favour them when crossing your legs awkwardly and breathing in and out apparently does the same thing?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Mrniceguy001: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2023
backbone503:
The difference between Nigeria (and some under developed and developing nations) and the advanced nations is that: while we largely submerge our lives into God, they put God into their lives.
📌,!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by simplesearch: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
A better ranking for something noble than terrorism.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Daystar7: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
Not only is this list funny as they are all useless especially the first two but they all Islamic jihadistic countries. All of em. Allahu Akuboom people una well done. Na greet I greet no be fight oo cos e no dey hard una to start una no fit finish
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by lildonn222: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
We will not accept this, Nigeria should be first. Be rest assured that we shall continue praying till we reclaim our rightful position.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jrusky(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2023
Imagine the countries on the list.

Make I no talj wetin dey my mind.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Daystar7: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2023
simplesearch:
A better ranking for something noble than terrorism.

They are terrorist! All of em! Jihadistic head slamming terrorist. Very useless countries
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by hopefulLandlord: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2023
Oluwomonext212:
I still wonder how prayer hinder people from progressing in life, that narrative to me still sounds as funny as MR Ibu look. Christians and Muslims are among people doing well in every aspect of life, both black and white races. Funny enough, I hardly go to Church, but I have prayed and enjoyed the benefits of prayer that’s for me tho. Nonetheless, my wife goes to Church regularly and always participate in one or two things, as always want to contribute. Yet she’s not lazy, not broke, not jobless.. doing well !!! Reason I don’t see people who pray as lazy, laziness is cut across every tribes and races….. U might never step the Church all ur life and yet lazy as snail.

I think we might have a chicken egg issue here. DOS praying more make a nation get worse or do nations that are getting worse have their citizens pray and rely on imaginary friends?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by kizxaxa: 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2023
Africans have low iq that's why. They need more time to attain enlightenment maybe five more generations...without religious upbringing..creating science based society.
you live in a physical world and need physical solutions..which is science and tech.but Africans think the world is spiritual...yet run to tech based nations..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by haphizz57(m): 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2023
Any country wey rate of Poverty & Hunger is high dia. D pple in d country ll have to b prayerful. Before i open it, I knw Africa ll dominate d list. And i knw no country frm Europe ll b dia. because dey are living well. Everything seems to be spiritual wen u dnt av money.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by godwon01(m): 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
Africa and Asia taking the lead. No Western world countries amongs the first ten countries.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Mobahd: 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ogascomax: 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
Arda1000:
Funny how the ones that pray less are better than than the prayerful ones grin

In times past they were prayerful nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ezegenigbonine: 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
Na useless country full the list
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Daystar7: 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
MissWords:
So what has the title done for us so far

You blind? U no see say all of em are head slamming terrorist countries?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by chaloskyx: 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
Congrats guys on achiving 2nd place keep praying so that your country continues to get worse cause the more you pray the worse things get maybe next year you would clinche 1st position if that happens i guess the worst has finally happend to the country bunch of illitrates🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Why don't such a person just "meditate" instead? Why speak words with the hope that some invisible intangible entity would change all things to favour them when crossing your legs awkwardly and breathing in and out apparently does the same thing?

Christianity as a religion gives room for both prayer and meditation. As each have separate spiritual benefits.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by hopefulLandlord: 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
CuntPeddler:

Nobody is saying praying isn’t good. But praying without good works to follow it up is rubbish!!

God can not be mocked. Afterall he said I will bless the works of your hands. So what will God bless when there’s no work of our hands?

ufotunang:
Even those countries that do not even pray much are better than nigeria... nigerians even Japa to those countries that do not even pray much prayer

Isn't it funny how the Bible is such a cute little book that says a lot of things here then says something totally contradictory in another so you can always pick and choose based on a narrative you want to maintain?

The same Bible you said faith without works is dead has Jesus say the exact opposite MANY times in the same book!

Let's look at them
[/quote]And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.)

Nothing in all these point to works and how lack of work stand in the way of prayers and most importantly, it's from Jesus himself

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by hopefulLandlord: 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2023
DeAnonymousGuy:

Christianity as a religion gives room for both prayer and meditation. As each have separate spiritual benefits.
Glad to see someone admit prayers have no effect in the real world. Only helps psychologically

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by abladroyalltd: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2023
That's why Nigeria remain poor country
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Positiveme2020: 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Yet we live in Hell.......

....these imported religions must be the devils work?

Hahahaha I knew it's you . NwaNimo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by poseidon12: 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
abhosts:
Prayer and spirituality are personal pursuits. It has nothing to do with nation building. Does any sane person think a country can pray it's way to greatness?

Most Nigerians stupidly think so.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Glad to see someone admit prayers have no effect in the real world. Only helps psychologically

A helping hand is better than a praying lips. Let Love lead ✌️
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Thazard(m): 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
ovieigho:
Devil is trying to stray you away from praying ….

USA dedicate a day in the country for thanksgiving….

Prayer works , don’t let devil put up wrong statistics to devalue prayer
Yeah, Thanksgiving day. I would really like it if we could celebrate that in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Morizo(m): 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
ovieigho:
Devil is trying to stray you away from praying ….

USA dedicate a day in the country for thanksgiving….

Prayer works , don’t let devil put up wrong statistics to devalue prayer

Being religious is different from being Godly and have high moral standards supported by institutions that penalise offenders. That's what the developed societies have done and not praying when majority are corrupt to their fingernails.

And it's not just the politicians, as a people we condone evil inasmuch as it suits our sentiments. We cheat and call it smart sales or smart deals. Same churches we have all over are more like business centers...most of them.

So pray at home and fast if you want to the God you believe in and support your community to grow like public schools and orthodox churches and mosques.

That's your duty to humanity and not being religious. The rating we score was not due to prayers but number of churches and mosques we have alongside number of religious leaders littered everywhere from Christianity, Islam and African traditional religion. They also checked how our religious beliefs in enshrined in our National policies and governance.

Religion is the opium of the masses

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by marley145: 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
Cruise777:
Lazy people
hahaha hahaha
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by talented321: 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
Unnecesary expectations instead of working...
drlateef:

Are you saying there is correlation between poverty snd prayers?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by MissWords: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
Daystar7:

You blind? U no see say all of em are head slamming terrorist countries?
I think you're the blind one here so i didn't mention you.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Isn't it funny how the Bible is such a cute little book that says a lot of things here then says something totally contradictory in another so you can always pick and choose based on a narrative you want to maintain?

The same Bible you said faith without works is dead has Jesus say the exact opposite MANY times in the same book!

Let's look at them
And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.)

Nothing in all these point to works and how lack of work stand in the way of prayers and most importantly, it's from Jesus himself

Our CRS teacher told us that Jesus spoke in parables alot. The key point from all the verses you quote is that Faith is an important spiritual ingredient that fuels the mind to believe and act.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by minasu190: 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

Excuse me, what do you see in Nigeria that suggests god is with us?
By the way, looking at your statement that means If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31) Is a lie then?
I don't if this sounds well.
If God is for us, then why are we against ourselves?, no pure love, we are most prayerful country yet we are still in shambles
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Hardly anyone focused on Christianity so far but yes, almost all religions are bullsheet Christianity inclusive

We cannot downplay the importance of religion. Personally i feel the world would be in total chaos without religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS / Folakemi Kuforiji Dances Gbe Body / Zanku Legwork In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.