Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth (58295 Views)

Nigeria, Afghanistan… List Of Most Prayerful Nations In The World / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh / Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:20am On Oct 16, 2023
Acidosis:

And who says the purpose of prayer is to make you or your nation rich??

This is obviously one of the many deceits of the devil: to make you believe that God and His kingdom is about earthly/worldly inheritance. Satan rules and controls the earth. So if earthly treasures are your metrics for measuring God's faithfulness, then you are the most delud..ed person ever liveth.

If your purpose in life and afterlife is to have money, please draw closer to Satan. Your chances are higher with him. It only takes invading a few countries, enslaving the people, and stealing their gold and other resources.
So how does Yahweh bless people?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:23am On Oct 16, 2023
Acidosis:

Prayer is not a cure for underdevelopment. Read your Bible.
This one dey yarn dust.
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:24am On Oct 16, 2023
DeAnonymousGuy:

Just because it can't change things externally doesn't mean it's useless. Prayer can be useful for the person praying. It can help people change outlooks, and make changes in their lives as well just like meditation does.
How does it change lives?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:28am On Oct 16, 2023
ufotunang:
The Bible say faith, prayers without work is dead prayer alone cannot develop a country and make the economy of this country good...it's the work...it's good goverance that develop a country and the economy
Yes prayer alone can do that.
Remember your bible said the heart of the king is in god's hands. So its your prayer that is supposed to make Yahweh change those leaders heart. Guess what? Yahweh has ignored you folks. He hates third world countries and loves to answer first world countries prayers
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:29am On Oct 16, 2023
drlateef:

Are you saying there is correlation between poverty snd prayers?
Yup
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:31am On Oct 16, 2023
waice6571:

Would you blame God for stupidity of your government?
Is it the responsibility of God to build our roads and other infrastructures? Is it the responsibility of God to come and barely and sorghum to feed our teeming population?

There's a place of God and the place of wisdom in the scheme of things.... if you failed to make use of God's provisions to improve your situation in life, then, salvation may be far away from you.

Some parts of Kogi, Benue, Plateau and other middle-belts states in Nigeria has the most fertile land that is enough to feed the entire Sub-Saharan West Africa if properly harnessed...

Is it the of God that we chose to borrow rather than cultivating the land? Is the fault of God that our government is borrowing from IMF, World Bank, Chinese Government, Paris Club and other places available without any infrastructure to show for it.

Is it not unfortunate that a banker in Nigeria will resign from his banking job to go and become a fruit picker in Canada? Is it not funny that a lecturer with PhD certificate in Nigeria is applying to become a truck driver in Canada?...

Summary, if not for the mercies of God, our government wants everyone to die so that they can cash out on our dead bodies.... Remember the days of COVID-19 and their daily fraudulent statistics not forgetting restriction of movements and nationwide palliatives scam.

You will not be right to blame God for the woes of this country... That would be a huge hypocrisy.

Lol. How did Yahweh help Nigeria in Covid?
Besides he said the heart of the king is in his hands. Obviously he doesn't give a fvck
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:34am On Oct 16, 2023
ogascomax:

In times past they were prayerful nations.
Looks like as they prayed less, they got better

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:34am On Oct 16, 2023
Daystar7:

You blind? U no see say all of em are head slamming terrorist countries?
Nigeria is 50% christianity
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:35am On Oct 16, 2023
DeAnonymousGuy:

Christianity as a religion gives room for both prayer and meditation. As each have separate spiritual benefits.
What does prayer do that meditations doesn't?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:39am On Oct 16, 2023
minasu190:

I don't if this sounds well.
If God is for us, then why are we against ourselves?, no pure love, we are most prayerful country yet we are still in shambles
Still your bible says if god is for us, nobody can be against us(even ourselves)
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:41am On Oct 16, 2023
DeAnonymousGuy:

We cannot downplay the importance of religion. Personally i feel the world would be in total chaos without religion.
Actually it is the other way round. Religion has brought war and conflict. Christianity gave us The Great Crusades, Huguenot Wars, Witch Trials of Europe and America etc. Islam gave us the Jihadist Wars.
So stuff your religion where the sun dont shine

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:43am On Oct 16, 2023
dominique:

Yes they will do better than us because they are not liars and pretenders lile our people. Most of the Nigerians praying from morning till night are terrible human beings, using religion to mask their evil persona. They deserve God's wrath to the fullest
Well well well. So the same people you folks say are more morally decadent are now better than us? Interesting grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by jaephoenix(m): 4:49am On Oct 16, 2023
DAramis:

40 percent of Christian doesn't translate to 40 percent of prayers. Majority of Christians don't pray that long aside Sunday gathering.

On the other hand, majority of Muslims prays 5 times a day including thier offsprings.

My verdict is still same (though my personal opinion )
Are you aware Nigerians are the only country people pray before and after board meetings, surgical procedures, markets etc.
So wtf do u mean?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by FreeIgboho: 4:52am On Oct 16, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Am wondering why Nigeria didn't come first tongue

See below

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by rspy: 5:26am On Oct 16, 2023
ovieigho:
Devil is trying to stray you away from praying ….

USA dedicate a day in the country for thanksgiving….

Prayer works , don’t let devil put up wrong statistics to devalue prayer

Trying to list poorest and crisis ridden countries as most prayerful is why I questioned this statistic!!

Devil is a liar ..

If the USA, China, Japan, etc., practiced spirituality and prayer in a manner similar to Africans, do you think they would still have found the time and innovation to develop the phone you are using to type this message?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by BigBashiru: 5:44am On Oct 16, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
Excessive prayers have a direct relationship with laziness, poverty, crime and wickedness.

It is not a coincidence that the top 9 are the most retrogressive countries in the world today by all indices.

/

You forgot entitlement and special status mentality
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by SmartODINO: 5:44am On Oct 16, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the same prayers have not taken us to Eldorado. However China, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan are not among the most prayerful. Over-Spirituality without works is dead.

It's actually Over Religious !! BrainaWashed countries.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by SmartODINO: 5:45am On Oct 16, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the same prayers have not taken us to Eldorado. However China, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan are not among the most prayerful. Over-Spirituality without works is dead.

It's actually Over Religious !! Brain Washed countries.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by viodemus: 6:11am On Oct 16, 2023
kettykin:
This is really funny,is God answering the prayers of least praying countries and ignoring the prayers of most praying countries

igbos will say uh ije uwa ( life journey or the journey of life).
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by waice6571: 6:23am On Oct 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. How did Yahweh help Nigeria in Covid?
Besides he said the heart of the king is in his hands. Obviously he doesn't give a fvck

What exactly did you want God to for Nigerians during covid that he has not done? People died in their thousands in many advanced countries of the world...... Our government was envying the them because it would have given them perfect opportunity to beg for ventilators and financial aids.

You are missing the mark because you are substituting to responsibilities of your governments to that of God. You are the reason why you are poor not God.
PRAY and WORK is the correct order of faith.
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Archtype(m): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2023
You can imagine Afghanistan and Nigeria grin
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Yusufisraelj(m): 6:28am On Oct 16, 2023
kettykin:
This is really funny,is God answering the prayers of least praying countries and ignoring the prayers of most praying countries

I laugh in Swahili, pray all you want you don't have ethics and morals, nothing changes.

However prayer remains the foundation for anything great. America and great Britain were prayerful countries at some point in time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Major7: 6:29am On Oct 16, 2023
MN07:

That's a rather stupid question.

Because he has no choice.

Do you think if many Nigerians had other options they will be stuck with clueless morons like yourselves? NO!!

The question I asked is a reflection of his inner mind,thoughts and not to insult. People like you cannot communicate reasonably for once without abusing but I forgive you your trespasses cool
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by akins088(m): 6:32am On Oct 16, 2023
Corrupt prayer. You think we can fool God
kettykin:
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by waice6571: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its the hope that kills…
What has hope done for you?

It has been the major anchor of my life.... I may not be able to share my story online but, after a terrible betrayal from a friend and all that went down with it for more than 3 years of sorrows..... there was a total turn around in just 3months...
Thank God for faith and hope that sustained me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by ufotunang: 6:35am On Oct 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yes prayer alone can do that.
Remember your bible said the heart of the king is in god's hands. So its your prayer that is supposed to make Yahweh change those leaders heart. Guess what? Yahweh has ignored you folks. He hates third world countries and loves to answer first world countries prayers
....how much prayers does Dubai, Saudi Arabia, China ,Qatar, Singapore pray but these countries are better than nigeria and well developed than nigeria..many. nigerians ever Japa to those countries for greener pastures and better life and living.over there. ....our federal government even begs China for loans and are owing China debts....it's good goverance and work that makes their country to be better...if you like pray from January to December without providing good goverance and doing the right work the situation of the country will be worst...it's like you praying to God for money..if you like pray from morning till night for God to give you money..God will not come down from heaven to give you the money... after the prayer God expects you to go out and hustle and work to get the money...you will still have to go out and work to get the money...so there iso no free money from God sef
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Major7: 6:41am On Oct 16, 2023
Arda1000:
what are u saying

It's a parable that only the children of the kingdom understand grin. I come in peace 🕊️
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Major7: 6:42am On Oct 16, 2023
donbenie:

See question..
Why I never japa?
The very definition of sh1tholery..

No,I don't encourage japa. What role are you playing to make it a better place?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by repogirl(f): 6:44am On Oct 16, 2023
Lol! The rate of prayer to the rate of development in these countries is inversely proportional. Make we dey deceive ourselves
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by BigDawsNet: 6:45am On Oct 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Obviously that particular god is dead. If he can't answer any prayers or even say hi, then that mothafucker is stone dead.
2. Do you know the source of this statistics? It came from Pew Research, a religious study organization. They used data drom questionnaires they issued people. Their questions simply asked whether the individual prays or not. Location of prayer is irrelevant. Besides a good percentage of those countries I named are atheists and some non-practicing christians.
3. Your bible clearly says the heart of the king is in yahweh's hands. So Yahweh can obviously manipulate their hearts like he toyed with Pharaoh's. So that one no be excuse
4. Individual prayer works? Lets do an experiment. Pray to your phone for your needs for 1 month. Then pray to Yahweh for 1 month. See if there's any difference in answered prayers. lol 😆

No 1, god can be dead I don't really care.. I serve a living God, and his alive before any of us were born.. his yesterday, today and forever..

No 2, I don't need to show you any statistics.. I relocated to the US some years ago and when I got here.. I realise majority of Americans belive in God and they pray in dia own comfort.. they don't go to church because they don't think its necessary or they are always busy.. but they acknowledge the most high.. even tho they don't really pray for request since the government has done it alrdy... they pray for God to keep them alive...

No 3 The king's heart is like a stream of water directed by the LORD ; he guides it wherever he pleases. 1 Good leadership is a channel of water controlled by God; he directs it to whatever ends he chooses... our God is not an evil God.. all power belongs to him and he will never forsake us.

No 4. Prayer without work is dead.. God is not a magician.. you have to have purpose for prayer.. In the scripture.. the bible said, "work & pray" .. the Nigerian government refuse to create more jobs in Nigeria.. and you expect God to do what exactly? God should come down and construct new organisation or manufacturing company for u?... let the government do the right thing.. den pray... and see the result..

You don't study for exam and you praying to pass? Are u whining yourself?.. why don't u study.. Nd back it up with prayer...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Acidosis(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

This one dey yarn dust.
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

What am I suppose to do with this verse? Convert "heal their land" to "silicon valley"?
Re: Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth by Acidosis(m): 6:52am On Oct 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

So how does Yahweh bless people?

"Eternal glory."

Now you would need at least 10 years of consistent grooming in the word of God to understand this term.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline / Mohamad Amin Faridi: From Jihad To Jesus #10yearchallenge Of A Christian Convert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.