Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies (24973 Views)

Can You Sleep On This Kind Of Bed? - (Photo) / You Visited Someone And This Kind Of Bed Was Offered To You, What Would You Do / How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by DIYHomeSkills: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
There has been a recent widespread of bed bug infestation in some parts of the world. In Nigeria, this is a common occurrence in many homes

While, on one hand, bed bugs are very easy to bring into your home without you realizing it, on the other hand, they could be a very difficult creature to get rid of; as not only are they hard to find, but they could also pose resistance to some insecticides.

In this section, I will explain the signs of bedbug infestation to watch out for in your home and how to get rid of them. If you are interested, let’s get started.

How to Detect Bed Bugs in Your Home:
Bed bugs are dark yellow, brown, or red-coloured tiny insects. They are found in tiny cracks and hidden places around the home or office, mainly on Mattresses, Bed frames, Furniture, Loose wallpapers, Clothing, Wardrobes, Electrical sockets and fittings, Cabinets, and others.

Early Signs of Bed Bugs in Your Home:
One of the early signs of bed bugs in your home is the appearance of bites on your body after waking up. The other possible signs include

-Dark stains or Blood spots on your bedding which could have resulted from bed bug bites or squashed ones
-Bed bugs poo or Small Dark spots on furniture, bedding, wallpapers, and walkways. Each excretion is about 0.5 to 1.0mm
-Bites on your skin (neck, face arms, leg, and general body) when you are asleep, with the appearance of itchy red or purple spots.
-Seeing Live insects or Adult Bed Bugs in your home. The average adult bed bug is about 5mm long.

Bed Bug Bites and Treatment.
If you have noticed any of the above signs, the following remedies are suggested

-Make sure to keep the affected area clean.
-Apply anti-inflammatory oil such as Basil or Lavender on the affected areas.
-If the bite spot feels itchy and you can’t resist scratching, you can place a clean damp cloth to help with the itching.
-Seek immediate medical attention at your pharmacy or hospital.

Fortunately, bed bugs are not known to transmit diseases. The health effects of bed bug bites may include irritation, and itching, and can result in infection if the bite spots are scratched. While some individuals do not react to bed bug bites, in some cases, affected persons have been reported to have some swelling of the affected areas.

Dos (Bed Bugs DIY Home Remedy)
-Regular cleaning and vacuuming of your environment
-Regularly wash bedding and clothing material in hot water (above 50 degrees) and tumble-dry for 30 minutes.
-Refrigerate affected bedding and clothing in a plastic bag for about 4 days.
-Eliminate clutter in your house as much as possible.
-Clean your bedroom more frequently most especially underneath your bed and cabinets
-Be careful with shared laundry facilities
-Apply bed bug killer spray or any other recommended insecticide as the last option if you notice the presence of Beg bugs in your home.

Don’ts (Bed Bugs DIY Home Remedy)
-Avoid bringing second-hand bedding, furniture, and clothing materials into your home. We rely on second-hand clothing a lot in Nigeria. For this reason, make sure to wash these clothes very well before bringing them into your home. you may soak them in hot water for about 30 minutes.
-Avoid sleeping overnight in a hotel, hostel, care homes, or guest house with suspected bed bug infestation signs such as the presence of blood stains or bed bug poo on bed linen.
-Don’t spread bed bugs to others. Slash any disposed mattress so others don’t take it for use.

Seeking Professional Service
If you have tried all the above suggestions on how to get rid of bedbugs from your home but you still notice their presence, then it’s time to seek the services of pest control professionals who are equipped and experienced in responding to even the most difficult bed bug infestations.

This article was sourced from https://diyhomeskills.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-home-remedy/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by oladipupo2234: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
I was worried with the news of bed bug infestation few days ago when i spoke with a family friend in London.

Anyways, i think bed bug is not new to us here in Nigeria, but make it sha no spread come naija.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by TheDemola: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
I hate bugs

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
DIYHomeSkills:
There has been a recent widespread of bed bug infestation in some parts of the world. In Nigeria, this is a common occurrence in many homes

While, on one hand, bed bugs are very easy to bring into your home without you realizing it, on the other hand, they could be a very difficult creature to get rid of; as not only are they hard to find, but they could also pose resistance to some insecticides.

In this section, I will explain the signs of bedbug infestation to watch out for in your home and how to get rid of them. If you are interested, let’s get started.

How to Detect Bed Bugs in Your Home:
Bed bugs are dark yellow, brown, or red-coloured tiny insects. They are found in tiny cracks and hidden places around the home or office, mainly on Mattresses, Bed frames, Furniture, Loose wallpapers, Clothing, Wardrobes, Electrical sockets and fittings, Cabinets, and others.

Early Signs of Bed Bugs in Your Home:
One of the early signs of bed bugs in your home is the appearance of bites on your body after waking up. The other possible signs include

-Dark stains or Blood spots on your bedding which could have resulted from bed bug bites or squashed ones
-Bed bugs poo or Small Dark spots on furniture, bedding, wallpapers, and walkways. Each excretion is about 0.5 to 1.0mm
-Bites on your skin (neck, face arms, leg, and general body) when you are asleep, with the appearance of itchy red or purple spots.
-Seeing Live insects or Adult Bed Bugs in your home. The average adult bed bug is about 5mm long.

Bed Bug Bites and Treatment.
If you have noticed any of the above signs, the following remedies are suggested

-Make sure to keep the affected area clean.
-Apply anti-inflammatory oil such as Basil or Lavender on the affected areas.
-If the bite spot feels itchy and you can’t resist scratching, you can place a clean damp cloth to help with the itching.
-Seek immediate medical attention at your pharmacy or hospital.

Fortunately, bed bugs are not known to transmit diseases. The health effects of bed bug bites may include irritation, and itching, and can result in infection if the bite spots are scratched. While some individuals do not react to bed bug bites, in some cases, affected persons have been reported to have some swelling of the affected areas.

Dos (Bed Bugs DIY Home Remedy)
-Regular cleaning and vacuuming of your environment
-Regularly wash bedding and clothing material in hot water (above 50 degrees) and tumble-dry for 30 minutes.
-Refrigerate affected bedding and clothing in a plastic bag for about 4 days.
-Eliminate clutter in your house as much as possible.
-Clean your bedroom more frequently most especially underneath your bed and cabinets
-Be careful with shared laundry facilities
-Apply bed bug killer spray or any other recommended insecticide as the last option if you notice the presence of Beg bugs in your home.

Don’ts (Bed Bugs DIY Home Remedy)
-Avoid bringing second-hand bedding, furniture, and clothing materials into your home. We rely on second-hand clothing a lot in Nigeria. For this reason, make sure to wash these clothes very well before bringing them into your home. you may soak them in hot water for about 30 minutes.
-Avoid sleeping overnight in a hotel, hostel, care homes, or guest house with suspected bed bug infestation signs such as the presence of blood stains or bed bug poo on bed linen.
-Don’t spread bed bugs to others. Slash any disposed mattress so others don’t take it for use.

Seeking Professional Service
If you have tried all the above suggestions on how to get rid of bedbugs from your home but you still notice their presence, then it’s time to seek the services of pest control professionals who are equipped and experienced in responding to even the most difficult bed bug infestations.

This article was sourced from https://diyhomeskills.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-home-remedy/

Our current problem ATM & Covid 19 returned Last week... text from NHS wan finish my SMS inbox cry

oladipupo2234:
I was worried with the news of bed bug infestation few days ago when i spoke with a family friend in London.

Anyways, i think bed bug is not new to us here in Nigeria, but make it sha no spread come naija.
I don't currently sitback in TRAINS anymore, especially the central Line Train, it cuts across Main Zone (Zone 1).
Cos if one follows u home, forget that whole neighborhood

16 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Ohto: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by misreal(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
I'd rather have mosquitoes than bedbugs.those things are crazy

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Omoawoke2(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Move out the entire furniture and clothings and burn them all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by nautybride: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
angry
Bugs are terrible. They spread like lice.

10 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Lagosfinder(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Who is interested in the local remedy' that works fast?

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by atobs4real(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
What are the solutions to eradicate bedbugs?

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by FreshNotemike: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Omo I'm not risking it. The moment I see bedbugs, I moove. angry

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by LordErrk: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Omo. This thing almost turn me to mad person that year for uni. Unlike mosquitoes, these things will bite you as if what they're looking for is inside your bone. After dem deal with me ehn, to dey read for night no dey hard me again...just thinking about it is traumatizing

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by sojisenai(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Abeg...forget all these story.

The surest way to banish bed bugs forever after you have really been dealt with...I meant dealt with. Like one fat one coming out of your collar in a public bus to the full glare of everyone. That type of dealt with...

So, the only solution is...buy a new cloth. Come into your old house. Pull off your old cloth. Put on the new one and leave your house to another prepared one. Don't take anything. I repeat...no take anything.

Those idiots will follow you everywhere.

A word they say...

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by money121(m): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ok
Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by 5iine: 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
DRESS FORCE 🔥🔥🔥

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by BarrElChapo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
They're a worldwide menace these days, I saw an interview where it had infested a luxury yatch 😂😂.

People also need to be aware that bed bug is not a sign of bad hygiene too.

24 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by eddie7: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
There are here to stay, eradication is far from it. Visit France and be sure they're following you home

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Doris4ever(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Bed bug spread faster than cockroaches. Very irritating creatures.

Meanwhile
I'm an experience driver in Lagos. I need a car to drive on uber/bolt for weekly remittance.
Please if you have a car for me, quote me or check contact on my profile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by CrownedPhoenix: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
The second the most hated insect in Nigeria.

Mosquito, the first.

5 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by ednut1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
You went to copy an oyinbo article. Refrigerate bedding for 4 days ? With which light 😒

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Honestfrend: 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
The only permanent solution is to leave the house for 6months...if u come back dem go don die because na u dey feed them...

On my part I use regular wash of clothes to kill them.. With washing machine..

11 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Lanre1st(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Burn the bed
Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by emyibe(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Very bad and stubborn pest to get rid of. Multiplies very fast.

12 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by superCleanworks(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Very long post that dances around the reader without actually pinpointing the solution as per the topic.

HELLO NAIRALANDERS HERE IS THE SOLUTION FOR BEDBUGS.

1. Take note of where the bedbugs have chosen as their base. Maybe bed or sofa.

2. Take your mattress and sofas outside in the hot sun.

3. Get a bucket you hardly use, at least not for drinking water. fill the bucket with water.

4. Get a brand new bottle of SNIPER and turn it into the bucket of water.

5. Get your gloves or anything to cover your hand.

6. Get a neat rag.

7. dip that rag into the bucket. Use that SNIPER WATER to mop the mattress till every surface and corner is soaked. Do the same for all your pillows and Sofas.

8. Leave them in the sun to dry.

9. While all those stuff are still out in the sun, go back in your house and put half bottle of SNIPER in half bucket of water. Use this water to clean your wardrobe and other furniture. Use the rest of the water to mop the house.

NOTE: this best works during dry season for fast drying because rain fit mess you up.

I am furniture boss and home decor boss and this is how I wipe out bedbugs for my customers.

55 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by BarrElChapo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
ednut1:
You went to copy an oyinbo article. Refrigerate bedding for 4 days ? With which light 😒

😂😂😂, Even the heating part. Na hand I go take wash cloth inside 50c 😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by grandstar(m): 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
The cheap and super effective remedy is Sniper. It works like a gem. It is what the doctor ordered.

I am talking from experience. You can even dilute Sniper a little. Pour around the affected areas.

Funny thing is that I think the smell alone kills. It was complete and total annihilation.

My lost became totally free of it.

Good thing is that Sniper is cheap. Don't just drink it.

10 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Macdeey: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
cool Take this cool

You go Thank me tomorrow cool cool cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs: Home Remedies by Scatterscatter(m): 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
5iine:
DRESS FORCE 🔥🔥🔥

100% remedy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps / Anambra Man Shares Money And Food To Less Privileged In Thailand / The Various Crews Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.