Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) (57086 Views)

,is IT REAL Or SCAM (visual Health Safety And Environment In Enugu). / Interview Invite Real Or Fake? / I Got This From Canada,guys Please Advice Me On What To Do If Real Or Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 2:58am On Oct 17, 2023
hello nairalanders

lemme just go straight to the point , my elder bro called me today and told me he just go a gig in the USA .
His an architect , so he applied for the gig online few weeks back. luckily for him they sent him this mail below.

* I recommend you read the mail carefully, am not an architect I don't even understand what's the job description , but my bro knows every details.

* is this legit or it's a scam ??

* and if it's Real ,we don't have and know anyone in the USA..... so pls I will need the help of a good samaritan in the USA to help us with the below requirement.

Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 3:06am On Oct 17, 2023
if it's real, then I will personally call this a miracle.. because his financially down and this will go a long way in solving some of our financial issues.

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by TUANKU(m): 5:47am On Oct 17, 2023
He should do a little background check. I pray it’s genuine, wishing him all the best.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 6:26am On Oct 17, 2023
Payment validates order wink

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by PinkNature: 7:08am On Oct 17, 2023
Looks real. I'd advise you crop out the name of the sender.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 7:16am On Oct 17, 2023
TUANKU:
He should do a little background check. I pray it’s genuine, wishing him all the best.
ok Thanks for the input

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2023
PinkNature:
Looks real. I'd advise you crop out the name of the sender.
ok ... after I do that what next ??

thanks for your input .

2 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by PinkNature: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
ok ... after I do that what next ??

thanks for your input .

Text the sender that you're ready for the job. Their requirement is that you should have someone in the US before payments can be made to you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2023
PinkNature:

Text the sender that you're ready for the job. Their requirement is that you should have someone in the US before payments can be made to you.
wahala

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 8:08am On Oct 17, 2023
We have done a exclusive background check and we discovered it's 90% legit,

11 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by dominique(f): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2023
Looks shady to me. There are several payment platforms where you can be paid from anywhere in the world. Why must it be a friend or relative based in the US to pick-up your payment on your behalf? undecided

Americans don't use the word "duplex", they use the words like house, mansion, storey building or apartment complex to describe their structures.

Anybody that wants to contact the op should better tread with caution before you land yourself in hot water

286 Likes 20 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by kevoh(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
You and your brother need a form of insurance payment thats he will not work for nothing like an escrow. Also, open a virtual US account with Geegpay, they can send his money to the account(if the job is legit) and you simply send the naira equivalent to your Nigerian bank account on the same Geegpay within the same day.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:
Looks shady to me. There are several payment platforms where you can be paid from anywhere in the world. Why must it be a friend or relative based in the US to pick-up your payment on your behalf? undecided
you have a valid point there, but I think they are also trying to be consious and not also get scammed.

what do I even know

we totally confused

15 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2023
kevoh:
You and your brother need a form of insurance payment thats he will not work for nothing like an escrow. Also, open a virtual US account with Geegpay, they can send his money to the account(if the job is legit) and you simply send the naira equivalent to your Nigerian bank account on the same Geegpay within the same day.
wow wow

Thanks very much for this idea, I will call him now and tell him about this your idea.

thanks once more

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by AskProf: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

lemme just go straight to the point , my elder bro called me today and told me he just go a gig in the USA .
His an architect , so he applied for the gig online few weeks back. luckily for him they sent him this mail below.

* I recommend you read the mail carefully, am not an architect I don't even understand what's the job description , but my bro knows every details.

* and if it's Real ,we don't have and know anyone in the USA..... so pls I will need the help of a good samaritan in the USA to help us with the below requirement.

Thanks.

"Three bedroom duplex" is not American grammar.

134 Likes 13 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Maj196(m): 10:30am On Oct 17, 2023
Why must it be physical, can't they send it from the US.

3 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by ghettochild(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2023
It's a scam....
Now ask them to pay u via virtual dollar account that u have been advised to open..
And hear their response..
Secondly if u read that entire letter very well.
Na Nigerian format...
Secondly if it was legit... they'd have asked for a contact number to speak with you or have a video call.

159 Likes 15 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Rhassidy360: 11:03am On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:

Americans don't use the word "duplex", they use the words like house, mansion, storey building or apartment complex to describe their structures.

Anybody that wants to contact the op should better tread with caution before you land yourself in hot water
%100 cashing the cashiers check na big red flag my bro

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by DyingFetus: 11:12am On Oct 17, 2023
Both you and your brother are fckn dumbos

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Olachase(m): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2023
tell ur bro to be careful if he got the job from a site called (YP.com) tho USA owen site, pls tell ur bro to forget about it, na Niaja guys they run ham its a SCAM

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Greatzeus(m): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
wow wow

Thanks very much for this idea, I will call him now and tell him about this your idea.

thanks once more
Your brother applied for a job online,an American needs his service,as an architect, because there's shortage of them in U.S grin,also the company didn't call your brother, either by video or voice call,just like that, they're requesting for US account to send $2000 to him , because?
I know you wanted it to be true badly,but it's a scam,what I don't know yet is if the scam is targeted at your brother or at the U.S resident whose account and address they're requesting.

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Candidate004: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2023
Naa format for chequered be this na is grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Benoxvals(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2023
So architect don finish for US to employ one from Nigeria abi?He wan go US cos of $2k job?
Na scam

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Greatzeus:

Your brother applied for a job online,an American needs his service,as an architect, because there's shortage of them in U.S grin,also the company didn't call your brother, either by video or voice call,just like that, they're requesting for US account to send $2000 to him , because?
I know you wanted it to be true badly,but it's a scam,what I don't know yet is if the scam is targeted at your brother or at the U.S resident whose account and address they're requesting.
wow thanks

my eyes don dey clear small small.

I will ask him to tell them, they should do a zoom video call to verify something.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Randal: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
Could be real

2 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by AntiChristian: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
embarassed

Looks fairly like a scam!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by SILVERLINES: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
wink
yahoo boyz wan use you as a pay loader

just escape

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by cenaman(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
smiley
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by LaSenior: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
cheesy
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
I suspect they wanna use your US contact address for a cheque scam.

They'll overpay you like 5 times more and ask you to refund the balance and when the cops are searching for the scammer, they go to your contact address.

You've been warned!

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by cjudy(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

Thanks.

This is a paycheck scam.
I encountered on here in CA. They steal people’s detail.

It’s scam. Tell him to send you the money using bitcoin, world remit and other instant money transfer means.

This is Paycheck scam. Don’t fall for it.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by BoboNogoDie: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. / Gtbank Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji, Ondo Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.