Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) (57112 Views)

,is IT REAL Or SCAM (visual Health Safety And Environment In Enugu). / Interview Invite Real Or Fake? / I Got This From Canada,guys Please Advice Me On What To Do If Real Or Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by MemoryTips(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
Very shady. They simply want to use him as a picker. Once he sends his bank details and the money drops, they will cancel the job and request a refund less a token for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Doris4ever(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

lemme just go straight to the point , my elder bro called me today and told me he just go a gig in the USA .
His an architect , so he applied for the gig online few weeks back. luckily for him they sent him this mail below.

* I recommend you read the mail carefully, am not an architect I don't even understand what's the job description , but my bro knows every details.

* is this legit or it's a scam ??

* and if it's Real ,we don't have and know anyone in the USA..... so pls I will need the help of a good samaritan in the USA to help us with the below requirement.

Thanks.

From what I know as a tech savvy. This is a scam job. The aim is to send a check to you and then when you cash it. They will ask you to remove a percentage and send the remaining to someone.

Meanwhile
I'm an experience driver in Lagos. I need a car to drive on uber/bolt for weekly remittance.
Please if you have a car for me, quote me or check contact on my profile.

1 Like

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by N2B2: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

lemme just go straight to the point , my elder bro called me today and told me he just go a gig in the USA .
His an architect , so he applied for the gig online few weeks back. luckily for him they sent him this mail below.

* I recommend you read the mail carefully, am not an architect I don't even understand what's the job description , but my bro knows every details.

* and if it's Real ,we don't have and know anyone in the USA..... so pls I will need the help of a good samaritan in the USA to help us with the below requirement.

Thanks.

It's a scam. Run.

1 Like

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by aod1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
It's a scam. Whoever cash's the check will become highly indebted. It is from this useless jobless boys.

2 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by zed7: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Scam. This type of scam reveals itself when you provide the so called requirements. Carefully crafted and very intelligent form of scam called check cashing.

The rule to know if something is a scam is, if it's too good to be true, it's almost always is a scam.

5 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by justmondris: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

Thanks.

He should check the name that comes after the @ in the email and visit thier website to see if it's the actual company. If he is still not sure, he can just do the design for fun and see what happens when he is done. I think this is also a good idea since he will not pay any money or buy anything.
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by ednut1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Scam. They want to use you guys as picker

2 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by bewla(m): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
wow... me and my bro have conclude it's legit, but we don't have anyone in USA.

that's our major consign now.
What's my gain if I hook you up
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by MRcipher(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
You and your relatives are about to clean a fraudulent cheque!!…. grin

1 Like

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by mp3ree: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:
Looks shady to me. There are several payment platforms where you can be paid from anywhere in the world. Why must it be a friend or relative based in the US to pick-up your payment on your behalf? undecided

Americans don't use the word "duplex", they use the words like house, mansion, storey building or apartment complex to describe their structures.

Anybody that wants to contact the op should better tread with caution before you land yourself in hot water

The way I see it they want to use social engineering to send your brother or whoever is available in the US to receive fraudulent cheque.. Direct deposit cheque.. Run

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by engrkaz(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Checking Scam….
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by bewla(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
ednut1:
Scam. They want to use you guys as picker
Oshe baban la won
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Kajaard: 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

Thanks.

It’s a scam. Don’t bother yourselves in this one.

1 Like

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by omoredia: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Scamalee. Americans don't write long epistles like this one. Na one jobless Nigerian yut

4 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sorry to say but USA has more than enough architects so it's SCAM

6 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hmmm.....
This sounds like a Nigerian format , 5 bedroom Duplex
Run a 2D / 3D animation?
Sounds like a plan to me or the work of all these Nigerian Structural Engineers who collects brief from Clients and look for an Architect they will defraud of his works...

Mu advice is that he should discuss further with the sender....

As an Architect, one needs the survey plan of the site to know your design limits...
Of thru can provide that, I think the site address will be seen if it is truly legit...

If they insist on giving a rough measurement , then I think it is better hr threads carefully...

Let him narrow it down to where he will be favoured or be safe atleast 70% than for them to take all...by asking them to pay him directly as he opens a foreign account...

Meanwhile, he should never send any finished work to them ....

He should break down that $2000 and tell them to pay him in stages...

First Stage...

Sketched Drawings without dimensions and sketched 3D...$1000
Front elevation.......$300

Second Stage....
Name your fee as well....

With that, you can hold them by the balls and be in control...

I repeat...do not send finished works even if they are Legits....

Am an Architect, am still battling with one USA client like that, designed a Hotel for him, 1 year plus now, he only directed me to his PAs and blocked me on Whatsapp and Facebook...

3 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by remzytimer: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Pls note this is 💯 % scam and could put you and your brother in a big problem for the rest of your life...A legit organization will not require that from you for payment.
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

Thanks.

lazkizz:
if it's real, then I will personally call this a miracle.. because his financially down and this will go a long way in solving some of our financial issues.

TUANKU:
He should do a little background check. I pray it’s genuine, wishing him all the best.

chigoziri2403:
Payment validates order wink

dominique:
Looks shady to me. There are several payment platforms where you can be paid from anywhere in the world. Why must it be a friend or relative based in the US to pick-up your payment on your behalf? undecided

Americans don't use the word "duplex", they use the words like house, mansion, storey building or apartment complex to describe their structures.

Anybody that wants to contact the op should better tread with caution before you land yourself in hot water

PinkNature:
Looks real. I'd advise you crop out the name of the sender.

kevoh:
You and your brother need a form of insurance payment thats he will not work for nothing like an escrow. Also, open a virtual US account with Geegpay, they can send his money to the account(if the job is legit) and you simply send the naira equivalent to your Nigerian bank account on the same Geegpay within the same day.

lazkizz:
We have done a exclusive background check and we discovered it's 90% legit,

ghettochild:
It's a scam....
Now ask them to pay u via virtual dollar account that u have been advised to open..
And hear their response..
Secondly if u read that entire letter very well.
Na Nigerian format...
Secondly if it was legit... they'd have asked for a contact number to speak with you or have a video call.

This is pure scam and not a new format by yahoo boiz...they will surely mail the check to whoever is going to receive it on your brothers behalf, they will mail $2000 check to the receiver (victim) and request a refund of 50% back to another account claiming it was a mistake on their path to have sent the full payment instead of the planned 50% deposit. The victim will refund $1000 and keep the remaining but banks will detect the money is from a hacked account and will debit the receiver (victim) the entire $2000, the yahoo boiz just cashed out cool $1000 without a sweat while your brother and the good Samaritan fight over what happened to his/her account.

Nairaland moderator is also ignorant of this scam by ignorantly giving the format free publicity, seun your mods needs to be street wise, it is not everything you push to frontpage, investigate first.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sorry to say but it's SCAM
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by nurez305(m): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
100% scam... I received something similar like this also... All this thing come from scammer on Facebook group

5 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by REALretep(m): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Omoawoke2:

He applied for a gig and just got so lucky

So lucky!!! Testimony time. grin

Just like nollywood

I’d advise you to apply for that same Gig and see if you won’t get lucky too, send that same gig to everybody in your neighborhood and they will all get lucky too

Bring that link to nairaland and if 1000 nairalanders apply, there will be 1000 more lucky people that will get that same offer
This cracked me up grin

1 Like

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Ojimmu95: 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

Thanks.

Bros na pure scam be this, na naija boys dey run am, they will ask you to send money before you can carry out the project.
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz:
hello nairalanders

Thanks.

Chizoba for una backyard wan run una street, didn't you see the mispelt check instead of cheque, legit serious companies no dey make that kin mistake for money issues in their correspondence.

5 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Ezyp(m): 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
olakraft:
I smell a scam. I suspect they wanna use your US contact address for a CHEQUE SCAM!

They'll overpay you like 5 times more and ask you to refund the balance and when the cops are searching for the scammer, they go to your contact address.

You've been warned!
OP, listen to this guy advice. This is exactly what will happen
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by DWJOBScom(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
dominique:

You took the word off my mouth.
Very shady
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by mercysamuelson(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
lazkizz hello nairalanders

Thanks.

Hmmm! These people don come again. Nigerians trying to scam Nigerians again. This is their handwork. We hardly use those words to qualify buildings here in the United States.
I am in California and if you dont mind, we can use my contact. Just my phone number for WhatsApp video call, email and my zoom informations.
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by ab1x: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Scam
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Omoawoke2(m): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
ccrazy:

Chizoba for una backyard wan run una street, didn't you see the mispelt check instead of cheque, legit serious companies no dey make that kin mistake for money issues in their correspondence.

Na American way of writing cheque be that. They call it check

2 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
ccrazy:

Oga, that is what Americans call it and not the reason it is pure scam. We call it Cheque they call it Check...olodo dey correct olodo.

3 Likes

Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Oga, that is what Americans call it and not the reason it is pure scam. We call it Cheque they call it Check.

Ok, are you happy now.
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Seun and investigation are far from each other..

As far as the post will bring traffic

This is pure scam and not a new format by yahoo boiz...they will surely mail the check to whoever is going to receive it on your brothers behalf, they will mail $2000 check to the receiver (victim) and request a refund of 50% back to another account claiming it was a mistake on their path to have sent the full payment instead of the planned 50% deposit. The victim will refund $1000 and keep the remaining but banks will detect the money is from a hacked account and will debit the receiver (victim) the entire $2000, the yahoo boiz just cashed out cool $1000 without a sweat while your brother and the good Samaritan fight over what happened to his/her account.

Nairaland moderator is also ignorant of this scam by ignorantly giving the format free publicity, seun your mods needs to be street wise, it is not everything you push to frontpage, investigate first.
Re: From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos) by lazkizz(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Hmmm.....
This sounds like a Nigerian format , 5 bedroom Duplex
Run a 2D / 3D animation?
Sounds like a plan to me or the work of all these Nigerian Structural Engineers who collects brief from Clients and look for an Architect they will defraud of his works...

Mu advice is that he should discuss further with the sender....

As an Architect, one needs the survey plan of the site to know your design limits...
Of thru can provide that, I think the site address will be seen if it is truly legit...

If they insist on giving a rough measurement , then I think it is better hr threads carefully...

Let him narrow it down to where he will be favoured or be safe atleast 70% than for them to take all...by asking them to pay him directly as he opens a foreign account...

Meanwhile, he should never send any finished work to them ....

He should break down that $2000 and tell them to pay him in stages...

First Stage...

Sketched Drawings without dimensions and sketched 3D...$1000
Front elevation.......$300

Second Stage....
Name your fee as well....

With that, you can hold them by the balls and be in control...

I repeat...do not send finished works even if they are Legits....

Am an Architect, am still battling with one USA client like that, designed a Hotel for him, 1 year plus now, he only directed me to his PAs and blocked me on Whatsapp and Facebook...

I will tell him what you just told me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. / Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji, Ondo Recruitment 2017 / Nigeria Police Force Recruiting Specialists And Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.