Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt (22945 Views)

Hackers Attack Blackwallet.co, Steal $400,000 From User Wallets / Best New Laptop Brands To Buy For Not More Than #100,000 / Clean and new PS4 For Sale, PRO (500GB) 2 console and FIFA 2017,with receipt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by nlfpmod: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2023
Twitter user, @iam_Uchenna, narrates his horrible ordeal in the hands of Nigeria police officers in Enugu.

Ejike Uchenna Splendor is a Data Analyst, Microbiologist and Technical Writer.

So police stopped me on the road and collected 100k from me because i had my laptop and i didn’t bring the receipt

they first of all asked the bus i boarded to go, the driver wanted to insist and the shunned him and he left.

they searched my phone and every chat i had, they didn’t see anything incriminating.

then they moved to search my bag and emptied everything they still didn’t see anything

then they went to my laptop bag, searched and asked for the receipt, i said it was at home. i asked for my phone to call for the receipt but they already seized it (my two phones)

they also saw 2 sim cards i normally use for my wifi, they said that in Enugu state it is illegal to have multiply sim cards laying in my bags just like that. they said that i must be using it for something fishy.

they asked me to come with them to the station, i obliged and they started moving but was moving very slowly and this is when they started telling me i should settle them or they will take me to cybercrime unit in enugu.

they also left the road and start moving into a bushy area, i was scared frrrr

because the amount of threats i received from them on how they will pin accusations to me has me thinking of my life and how bad things could go from good to worse.

they said they will beat me first and starve me for a full day before they start entertaining any calls or whatever for me, i had to give in into their demands because they all had guns

at first the said i should bring 800k, omoo we dragged it till they agreed for me to pay 100k

they drove me to a POS shop parked and asked me to go withdraw the money and return back, which i did and then they stopped another bus for me to enter

i’m home now
ngl i feel sick and exhausted and for one minute my life flashed before my eyes

Source: @iam_Uchenna (Twitter)

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by TemplarLandry: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2023
Rogue cops everywhere.
Nigerian youths too need to know how to carry themselves, most of them don't even know their rights.

At the sight of these cops, they would start fidgeting. Doing that puts you in a bad spot, making them believe you're a criminâl or something. They're gonna extort your dignity from you.

I dedicate “Oga Police” by Pee Square to that young man.
Great jam!

51 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by LeoDeKing: 8:20am On Oct 17, 2023
The only evidence to back up this story is a debit receipt, so how do you expect us to believe the story?

The way people lie over anything these days is quite alarming.

Person go enter gbese, then start concocting stories to cover up.

I'm not saying police didn't rob you as you claim, is just that I don't believe stories without evidence. Only brainless illiterates like ipob terrorists swallow lies without proof.

17 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by JASONjnr(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2023
The police force is the most useless police force in the whole world...

You can't be young a d have a car in this country.... Else, you're a yahoo or doing illegal things....

They will easily oppress the poor while defending the oppressors...

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by Jennyclay(f): 8:30am On Oct 17, 2023
End-sars part 2 is loading undecided.

Foolish and useless policemen everywhere!!!

26 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by Pierocash(m): 8:30am On Oct 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Rogue cops everywhere.
Nigerian youths too need to know how to carry themselves, most of them don't even know their rights.

At the sight of these cops, they would start fidgeting. Doing that puts you in a bad spot, making them believe you're a criminâl or something. They're gonna extort your dignity from you.

I dedicate “Oga Police” by Pee Square to that young man.
Great jam!
this one is talking about right in the hands of kidnappers. Police kidnap you, and ready to extaminate you without consequences you are talking of right

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by iscom(m): 8:30am On Oct 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by inoki247: 8:31am On Oct 17, 2023
This people and derr madness dem no go rest....

Like this now wetin the 100k dey for are they going to give him a Police report for the Laptop for not having a receipt or what..,

1 Like

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by bestman09(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2023
They are done with the police job. Hope you can identify even one of them or their operational vehicle?

Thieves in uniform

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by alphaconde(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2023
Lucky Dube said Police hate robbers because they compete with them.

No truer words said

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by TinubuThief: 8:31am On Oct 17, 2023
sad
I hate police and Ebola

11 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by Skillsnigeria: 8:31am On Oct 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by wunmi590(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023

Almost 90% of Nigerian police are illiterate, because I see no reason why some of your old colleagues have been either de-ranked or sacked, just because of this similar things and you still go ahead to do an unlawful act, thinking you won't be caught...

If your parent are police officer, the advise you need to be giving them as their children before they leave home, is daddy/mummy always look away from corruptions and things that would take away your daily bread...

Nobody will pity any police men if they are sacked from wrongly extorting innocent Nigerians they are meant to protect....

16 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by 10thTenthMan: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
The Problem of Nigeria is this:

The Lack of a System and a People that will ensure a Guaranteed Appropriate CONSEQUENCES for Crimes and Misdemeanor.

There is the lack of system that ensures and guarantees appropriate consequences. Nigerians know that almost 100 out 100 times, they can avoid and escape and get out of consequences. It is either there is no monitoring or criminal activity data gathering, no investigative capacity , they can beg/talk their way out of it, bribe their way out of it, or they can influence their way out of it as well.

- It is not bad leadership. There are bad leaders/humans all over the world. But something makes them behave in other climes.
-It is not corruption. There is public service corruption in the US, etc. But there are consequences, and this guarantee makes the most behave.
-It is not nepotism. There is the potential for nepotism in serious countries too. But there are assured consequences.
-It is not tribalism.
-It is not lack of maintenance culture.
-And it isn't all the things we say on public buses, public newspaper stands, etc.

If I ever get appointed. I shall ensure that the system of such a parastatal or MDA operates with an exceptionally reliable and available monitoring and consequence management system. There is no dirt on me that ANY Politician will blackmail me with. Unless they want to count teenage heartbreaks that I caused, as a crime. So, I will boldly institute and implement this.

It is this guarantee of consequences that makes the majority of Nigerians behave and form straight queues without a fuss when they land in London Heathrow. The same people that behave like animals at MMIA Lagos. They know no one cares who their fathers are or who the heck their uncle is. They know if they misbehave, they will end up in jail after conviction.

Take a look at any country that slacks with its justice system and Nigerians there will behave like animals too. It is for this reason, death sentence for convicted drug traffickers is appropriate to deter Nigerians from some Asian countries. Imagine what Nigerians would have done if the consequences were not severe?

THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS THE LACK OF A SYSTEM THAT MONITORS AND GUARANTEES APPROPRIATE CONSEQUENCES. Note I did not say severity of consequences. But the guarantee that as long as you were involved in a crime/misdemeanor, YOU MUST BE CAUGHT (even after 50 years)! And when you are caught YOU MUST AND SHALL BE PUNISHED! It is this same guarantee that make more Nigerians obey the law than break it in Canada, France, USA, etc. ''Nobody send their papa'' (as we say), and they know they will go to jail or pay the fine.

Until successive generations in our country see us behave properly and see the benefits of obeying the law for so long that it becomes second nature and becomes the norm, Nigeria will not grow or become a better place.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by AriyaTV: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
Our Police have turned to Rob-in-hood, instead of saving the hood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by dfrost: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
angry

When in Rome, behave like Romans. There is a reason for that statement.

I know someone that spiral-bound all his vehicle papers, receipts et al and provided table of contents for them. If you ask him anything, he will hand you a 60+ page document make you find your village name there.

Po-po don tire for bros matter 😝🤣

6 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by GOFRONT(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
Criminals in disguise

1 Like

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by carlleung(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2023
I thought IGP once said no one should handover his mobile phone to police, is that policy still on?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by lexrichy(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2023
A whole 100k
Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by fawaz050(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2023
I said to someone that I fear Nigerian Policemen more than I fear armed robbers. She thought I was joking.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by fawaz050(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2023
Nigerian Police are the number one enemy of the citizens. Imagine reporting being a victim of robbery to the police and them asking you to drop something before they begin the investigation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by seunlayi(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
The only evidence to back up this story is a debit receipt, so how do you expect us to believe the story?

The way people lie over anything these days is quite alarming.

Person go enter gbese, then start concocting stories to cover up.

I'm not saying police didn't rob you as you claim, is just that I don't believe stories without evidence. Only brainless illiterates like ipob terrorists swallow lies without proof.
Seriously, you don't need to believe because you have some of your friends and relatives in the police. But I know that soon, what happened to this guy will happen to you and your relatives that are not members of the force too. The Best teacher called experience will teach you your lesson.

What will it takes the officers to ask him to open the laptop and verify one or two things to confirm the ownership? Imagine this happening at a time Tinubu is trying to boast the involvement of youths in ICT in the country.

Hemeenworth:

Ogbeni shut up

As far as it is not right to demand for phone

You as a youth need to stand your ground

To even make it easy the IG backed it up

Why are Nigeria youths becoming so cowards

A friend of mine in Singapore once said that the problem of Nigerians are the youths

IGP? when the other IGPs holding him in the car are all carrying guns, diverted into the bush and ready to frame him up? Wait, OP dey drag girlfriend with you?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by harmargedon: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2023
sad
Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by MasterJayJay: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2023
90% of armed robbery and kidnapping are done by 9ja police.

Their focus is always on how to extort money. That's why unknown gunmen kill them easily like chickens. Foolish and useless police!

10 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by uuzba(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2023
Nigerian Govt doesn't need the people.
Govt just needs the oil resources.
All the people are a disturbance to them.
Hence the police can do whatever with the people without consequence.

6 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by thaoriginator: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2023
No evidence, you go explain taya

So not even their vehicle number you fit cram for ur head shocked

You lose guard ooo

People papa for lose they job this month cry

1 Like

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by TUTU147: 8:37am On Oct 17, 2023
Take it to force headquarters, you will get justice.
Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by Hemeenworth: 8:37am On Oct 17, 2023
The guy na fool

Why give them your phone to search

How many times senior police officers including the IG don talk say no police man get right to search your phone

I think the youths are becoming more stupid and they don know their rights

Nigeria youths are the most cowards in the universe
Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by dfrost: 8:37am On Oct 17, 2023
carlleung:
I thought IGP once said no one should handover his mobile phone to police, is that policy still on?

IG dey checkpoint?

11 Likes

Re: Police Withdrew ₦100,000 From A Man's Account In Enugu Over Laptop Receipt by Doris4ever(m): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2023
This has become a norm and no one will be punished for this as usual.

Meanwhile
I'm an experience driver in Lagos. I need a car to drive on uber/bolt for weekly remittance.
Please if you have a car for me, quote me or check contact on my profile.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Best I.t. Certifications That Is Applicable In Nigeria / Macbook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Pro Unboxing And Price / Post Your Vista Problems Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.