Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,953 members, 7,810,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. (26142 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by YourBestWriter: 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
So I mishandled some information and costed the hospital that I work in a lot of money. I took the responsibility, approached the managing director and told him I accept the responsibility and ready to pay the prices. Surprisingly, the director went straight to his computer and immediately told me to go, that my sins are forgiven.

But what could this mean? Did he really forgive me just like that? I have a bad feeling about the entire thing. I mean, he didn't even show his anger towards me, and he was straightforward.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Taylor94: 6:33pm On Oct 19, 2023
Go him house after work go beg am

If not you’ll join the list of plantain bandits in Sagamu latest next week

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by duduade: 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Looooool

You no well walahi

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Zonefree(m): 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
. approached the managing director and told him I accept the responsibility and ready to pay the prices

@bolded.
That's where you for end the talk.

Going further to say you're ready to pay shows you're truly not remorseful.

It also shows you're ready to make same or even higher mistakes as long as you'll pay.

If you're truly remorseful, you accept the responsibility and also promised never to repeat such again... not bragging you're ready to pay for it.

Well, as a Risk manager, I'll advise you start updating your CV...just incase.

May the force guard you.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by TinubuDeDrugLor: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Tell am ooo because plantain thieves plenty for southwest.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Slynation(m): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
You will understand the massive favour when your salary alert after month end did not show. Oh!! You think they will sack you outright without slaving yourself?

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by guyboss: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
Slynation:
You will understand the massive favour when your salary alert after month end did not show. Oh!! You think they will sack you outright without slaving yourself?

Why you dey carry op trabaye?

Op. You fit read. But no try assimilate. If not, their otapiapia don work.

I don tell you

1 Like

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by guyboss: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
Slynation:

Why you dey carry op trabaye?

Op. You fit read. But no try assimilate. If not, their otapiapia don work.

I don tell you
YourBestWriter:
So I mishandled some information and costed the hospital that I work in a lot of money. I took the responsibility, approached the managing director and told him I accept the responsibility and ready to pay the prices. Surprisingly, the director went straight to his computer and immediately told me to go, that my sins are forgiven.

But what could this mean? Did he really forgive me just like that? I have a bad feeling about the entire thing. I mean, he didn't even show his anger towards me, and he was straightforward.
@bolded.

It also shows you're ready to make same or even higher mistakes as long as you'll pay.

If you're truly remorseful, you accept the responsibility and also promised never to repeat such again... not bragging you're ready to pay for it.

Well, as a Risk manger, I'll advise you start updating your CV...just incase.

May the force guard you. [/quote]
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by YourBestWriter: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Slynation:

Me I even prefer my salary cut at the end of the month than outright silence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Nobaga500(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
U should know the kind of boss u ar working with. If his/her yes is really yes, then you're good to go. But if nt, just ready yourself for knokout at any moment from nw.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Bintabisiriyu2: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Zonefree:

@bolded.

Well, as a Risk manger, I'll advise you start updating your CV...just incase.

May the force guard you.

First time this
oshodi thog would make sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by PinkNature: 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Plantain bandit when Bobo Chicago is on seat? No!!!

This government will favour me and my family.

10 Likes

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by PinkNature: 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Quickly resign because I see him calling the cops on you.

Don't forget to send me the address of your work place so that I can submit my application letter.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Slynation(m): 12:03am On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Me I even prefer my salary cut at the end of the month than outright silence.
lol...no fear! Don't take my stance too seriously...

Perhaps you have been doing things rightly in the past for one silly mistake to overshadow your good deeds. I sincerely pray and hope nothing happens to your job brother!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by DyingFetus: 12:43am On Oct 20, 2023
Steal their work equipments and ghost them

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by manmade(m): 12:44am On Oct 20, 2023
I believed your acceptance of responsibility and readiness to take the appropriate sanctions or punishments worked magic on your boss, imagine a scenerio where your child come to report himself of having done something wrong and brought you a cane to punish him for the wrong doing .

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by etrange: 1:06am On Oct 20, 2023
He probably appreciated the way you came forward and, therefore, decided to forgive you. It's now up to you to forgive yourself.

When the verb "cost" is used to specify the price or worth of something, the past tense/participle is "cost". Example, "this mistake cost me a lot." When it's used to say how much you estimate something to cost you, the past tense/participle is "costed". Example, "the new building was costed at 34 million naira."

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by sulakishop(m): 2:06am On Oct 20, 2023
That could be a dangerous gesture, press further to placate him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Jewessgratitud3: 5:27am On Oct 20, 2023
Since you reported yourself and accepted your mistake, it's normal for him to forgive and let go . If he wanted to punish you for it, he would have done so outrightly abi him dey fear you?

He probably just likes the way you took responsibility for your actions and trust me, he has forgiven you. What else are you expecting? Pray about it and Free your mind abeg.

15 Likes

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Meerahbel: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Attention to details is a key requirement for any job. However, I would advise you before you send anything out or even approve anything, take your time, don't rush, don't be quick to press the send button, you can even deliberately delay before sending any information

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Dubetex96(m): 6:56am On Oct 20, 2023
Taylor94:

lmao lmoa lmao
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Bukola94: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2023
Taylor94:

LOL
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Mayzie(m): 9:19am On Oct 20, 2023
I've been laughing my ass off reading the above comments.... Well dear op, I've been in this kind of situation before and I think u shouldn't worry cus' truly ur sins are forgiven because u did not lie to ur employer, confirmed u did not steal the funds and also accepted mistake and responsibility. But Bros... No try am again oh...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:31am On Oct 20, 2023
OP are you a lady with big yansh and breast ? Then I guess your boss is expecting you to repay in something more lipsrsealed cool

1 Like

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by oka4ugoo: 11:39am On Oct 20, 2023
W
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Mybbai: 11:39am On Oct 20, 2023
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Wizpa(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2023
grin
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by zoedew: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2023
Are you a cost accountant?🤔
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Exceed15: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2023
Tell your parents to call him in person and thank him again. It will go a long way

1 Like

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by sofeo(m): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2023
Alright then
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Offpoint1: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2023
You know him better than anyone else...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / Is Spending N600 Per Day For Feeding Too Much For A 45k Monthly Job? / Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.