Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. (26159 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Antoeni(m): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2023
You Will Surely Pay Back,
Just Mount Ooo Don't Loose Guard
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by oka4ugoo: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2023
Don't worry you dey owe the M.D in arrears.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Antoeni(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2023
He Wants You to Commit a More Serious Offence With Good Evidence So That He Can Easily Send You To Maximum Security Prison.
Use Your Head And Quit The Job
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2023
Hmmm just be on lookout for anything and prepare
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by frozen70(f): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:
So I mishandled some information and costed the hospital that I work in a lot of money. I took the responsibility, approached the managing director and told him I accept the responsibility and ready to pay the prices. Surprisingly, the director went straight to his computer and immediately told me to go, that my sins are forgiven.

But what could this mean? Did he really forgive me just like that? I have a bad feeling about the entire thing. I mean, he didn't even show his anger towards me, and he was straightforward.

I think he already made up his mind to clear that cost even before you came for apology
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by hssd8nland: 11:52am On Oct 20, 2023
Zonefree:

@bolded.
That's where you for end the talk.

Going further to say you're ready to pay shows you're truly not remorseful.

It also shows you're ready to make same or even higher mistakes as long as you'll pay.

If you're truly remorseful, you accept the responsibility and also promised never to repeat such again... not bragging you're ready to pay for it.

Well, as a Risk manger, I'll advise you start updating your CV...just incase.

May the force guard you.
I beg to differ , what the person did was the best possible way to handle it.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by hssd8nland: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:
So I mishandled some information and costed the hospital that I work in a lot of money. I took the responsibility, approached the managing director and told him I accept the responsibility and ready to pay the prices. Surprisingly, the director went straight to his computer and immediately told me to go, that my sins are forgiven.

But what could this mean? Did he really forgive me just like that? I have a bad feeling about the entire thing. I mean, he didn't even show his anger towards me, and he was straightforward.
The reality is you hardley know what people are thinking, most times we end up just making assumptions. At some point you need to learn to take people by their words unless you really know how they behave meaning they dont stick to their words it saves you a lot of pain and worry.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by afonja112: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2023
@op I asked my wife, she said you should start looking for a new job (just in case). Better be prepared so you wont join the plantation bandits!
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by afonja112: 11:56am On Oct 20, 2023
guyboss:

Why you dey carry op trabaye?

Op. You fit read. But no try assimilate. If not, their otapiapia don work.

I don tell you
@bolded.

It also shows you're ready to make same or even higher mistakes as long as you'll pay.

If you're truly remorseful, you accept the responsibility and also promised never to repeat such again... not bragging you're ready to pay for it.

May the force guard you.
I agree
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Myer(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Guess he saw you remorse and sense of responsibility.
That's a rarity lately.

But you can ask him if you're cleared just to be sure.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Starships4u(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2023
Zonefree:

@bolded.

May the force guard you.

Yhu are đź’Ż
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by bigtt76(f): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Are you a male or female staff? cheesy

YourBestWriter:

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Segun2222: 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Let him know you're not comfortable and need to correct your mistake, he might have also made a mistake and want to pour everything on ur head

1 Like

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Truckpusher(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Taylor94:
Go him house after work go beg am

If not you’ll join the list of plantain bandits in Sagamu latest next week
grin grin grin
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Serendipity2023: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Zonefree:

@bolded.

May the force guard you.

You mean offering to pay os viewed as lack of remorse?

Just asking
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Sunmolar(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
don't rejoice head over heels yet......he has something to hold on to.....time will tell. do your job well, you will have nothing to worry about
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by grandstar(m): 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter

He might have been very impressed by your upfront honesty.

Anyway, if still troubles, you can purchase him a nice thank you gift and promise him in future you'd be more careful next time.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by jackmrandy: 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

explain what you did, the errors, only then we can decide if its something that is wort forgiving and letting go. Because there are some cases, they can tell you, that you have be forgiven face to face, but the case still dey ground.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Truvelisback(m): 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
duduade:

Looooool

You no well walahi
Na Jesus just forgive you so. grin
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Myself2(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
Taylor94:

Chaiiiii
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by seeme2(f): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Are you a lady? And are you fine? What I am thinking... oh no. I need to work on my mind grin
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Sheffieldconsul: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
Reading the responses in this post, you will know that Nigerian are the most abused and damaged set of people in the world. Why this whole trust issues ?? Damm... You people are f**king malignant and poor in reasoning. Everything in life is not about money and inflicting pains on people that have made mistakes. Back in 2015 I caused a damage of over $30k at my place of work. I took responsibility, did drug and alcohol test and apologized. All I received was a written warning and that was it. Worked for another 5 yrs and moved on to another job.
YourBestWriter:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Ijaycool(f): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2023
They used u to share that info
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Burob: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Yes o, e has forgiven you, but please don’t make that same mistake again.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by lekonso: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2023
I think your boss appreciated the fact that honesty is a very scarce commodity in Nigeria. I personally think you are a great guy for approaching your boss and owing up for your mistake and ready to pay the price, this is a very rare thing to do in Nigeria. I think he meant what he said and there is no point entertaining any fear, but be very careful next time.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Your honesty, sincerity and acceptance of blame earned you his forgiveness, you don't have anything to worry about OP.

You need to be careful going forward.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by rhymesnoni(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
Worry not, nothing dey happen! At times na we dey over think things.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
You took the bold step and accepted your wrong, when you own up the mistake, that is integrity/ honesty and most companies value it more than anything.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by stormborn28(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Taylor94:

Chisus... grin grin grin
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by EminentKing: 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
You were sincere when you were apologizing for the errors and accepted to bear the consequences, and he forgave you. Good bosses reward sincerity and commitment to responsibilities. Your boss is rewarding you for those integrity traits. Keep it up and do not look for imaginary "attached strings" as there may be none.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Salowise: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2023
Oga say him don forgive, then why you dey bother yourself? My own contribution be say no repeat such mistake again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.