Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. (26145 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by occfx: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Me I even prefer my salary cut at the end of the month than outright silence.

I think you duped the company and the man has decoded. He is just planning on what to do you and recover his money
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:
So I mishandled some information and costed the hospital that I work in a lot of money. I took the responsibility, approached the managing director and told him I accept the responsibility and ready to pay the prices. Surprisingly, the director went straight to his computer and immediately told me to go, that my sins are forgiven.

But what could this mean? Did he really forgive me just like that? I have a bad feeling about the entire thing. I mean, he didn't even show his anger towards me, and he was straightforward.
U about to find out..
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by Udoboss(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2023
Zonefree:

@bolded.
That's where you for end the talk.

Going further to say you're ready to pay shows you're truly not remorseful.

It also shows you're ready to make same or even higher mistakes as long as you'll pay.

If you're truly remorseful, you accept the responsibility and also promised never to repeat such again... not bragging you're ready to pay for it.

Well, as a Risk manger, I'll advise you start updating your CV...just incase.

May the force guard you.

Sorry, but what if I means I'm ready to do anything to make up ...

Don't you think OP is remorseful?
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:
So I mishandled some information and costed the hospital that I work in a lot of money. I took the responsibility, approached the managing director and told him I accept the responsibility and ready to pay the prices. Surprisingly, the director went straight to his computer and immediately told me to go, that my sins are forgiven.

But what could this mean? Did he really forgive me just like that? I have a bad feeling about the entire thing. I mean, he didn't even show his anger towards me, and he was straightforward.

It could be because you show signs of responsibility however, next time, do not say you are going to pay.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by PrinceGallant: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
What does "he went straight to his computer" in your report stand for?
Well, I believe your boss is a good person, you have nothing to worry about
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by bluefilm: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourBestWriter:

You don jam
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by sync(f): 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
You didn’t ask him, you came here to disturb us wey no get clue of anything about your boss or your office
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by emmyN(m): 12:24am On Oct 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Dust your CV bro and buy umbrella because the sun is hot. Hope you sabi trek sha? cheesy
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by luvyaself95(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

I had been in almost same situation before but the difference was that the manager taking advantage of me because of my mistake.
When i can't bear his bad treatment anymore i went to chairman and explain myself to him.
I expected him to sack me immediately or decrease my salary instead he increase my salary and after some days the manager was report to him again because of the reason i reported him the next day the chairman sack him.
Re: My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. by ozonechrome: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

Naturally this is what is supposed to happen.

It's being human. Making mistakes is not the problem but ability to know why you made them and learn from it.

I've made some mistakes that cost my company huge sums to customers.

I needed to do root cause analysis and show my manager what happened, how it happened, what I've done to make sure it doesn't happen again.

They always reimburse the customer. At that point they understand there is a system lapse and work on how to mitigate it as well.

The problem is if you keep making same mistakes.

Over time I've saved more money for my company than they lost.

It's not your responsibility to pay for anything.

The company has a system lapse that allowed that mistake to happen too. Let it go and learn from it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.