Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,435 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide (38184 Views)

Night Guard Raped This Girl While Attempting Suicide In Ibadan / Rebecca Michael Commits Suicide As Boyfriend Dumps Her In Kogi State University / 2 Sisters Arrested For Attempting To Smuggle Drugs Into Kuje Prison (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Karnice600: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
Millimann:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/10/19/nigerian-woman-currently-danger-iraq-may-be-killed-november-family-calls-help

Some laws are ridiculous o. Imagine someone attempting suicide and you interrupted the process only to still kill him in your own acceptable way. Nansense!
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by slymansun: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nigeria has become so hellish that people are now migrating to Iraq of all to seek greener pastures. Chai, our founding fathers will surely weep in their graves if they were to see what this country has become. What a sad story!

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by 7lives: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Nigerians self…
How can any sane person finds greener pastures to Iraq?
Iraq of all places!

The travel agents lied to her.
Even today one stupid fellow said Iraq has a buoyant economy.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Chetas81(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
HELPING SPEED, THIS IS ARAB NATION, NOT NIGERIA
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Chetas81(m): 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
slymansun:
Nigeria has become so hellish that people are now migrating to Iraq of all to seek greener pastures. Chai, our founding fathers will surely weep in their graves if they were to see what this country has become. What a sad story!
NO BAD CITIZEN CAN BUILD A GREAT NATION, NIGERIAN CITIZEN REFUSED TO ACCEPT THIS TRUTH
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by luvyaself95(m): 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2023
This sound funny and double wahala for dead body I hope this wicked Nigeria government come for her rescue.
But finding green pasture in Iraq is funnyrisky sha.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by DatNaijaGuy: 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2023
This story is not adding up.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by wirinet(m): 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
fawaz050:

See pure hatred.

The judgement is based on Iraqi constitution. It's not an Islamic injunction.

But the Iraqi constitution is based on Islamic injuctions. If not why not you along with Islamic scholars condemn the law, and ask for the release of the obviously troubled woman. Why are you guys so sadistic. Imagine beating a defenseless woman who did not hurt anyone to death. It seems you guys enjoy inflicting pain on others. Even if she commited a capital offence, what happens to quick and painless death? If I watch such cruelty, I will be traumatised for a very long time.

I hope Abike Dabiri is able to intervene and bring her home to receive proper treatment. suicide is psychological disease caused by the silent killer - depression.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Loyalty1: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2023
clinician2x:
I even thought she was found with 2kg of skull. I never knew life tire am and she wanted to kill herself.

Make them run am for her na. Some poisons are fast and easy
Pls if you do not have reasonable wird to say just shut up
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by fawaz050(m): 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
wirinet:

But the Iraqi constitution is based on Islamic injuctions. If not why not you along with Islamic scholars condemn the law, and ask for the release of the obviously troubled woman. Why are you guys so sadistic. Imagine beating a defenseless woman who did not hurt anyone to death. It seems you guys enjoy inflicting pain on others. Even if she commited a capital offence, what happens to quick and painless death? If I watch such cruelty, I will be traumatised for a very long time.

I hope Abike Dabiri is able to intervene and bring her home to receive proper treatment. suicide is psychological disease caused by the silent killer - depression.

The American constitution accedes to LGBTQ+ rights. Why not you along with Christianity scholars (or whatever your religion is) demand the proscription since it is against the principle of a Christian state.

FYI, not all the provisions of the Iraqi constitution is based on Islamic Injuctions.

In Malaysia, drug pushers are killed and it's not obtainable in most Western/"Christian" Countires. Why not you along with Christianity scholars (or whatever your religion is) demand the proscription.

You just want argument and wouldn't stop ostracizing Islam irregardless of my analogies. I leave you to whatever helps you sleep at night.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by fawaz050(m): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
victorclean:

I totally disagree with you. Such is barbaric and demonic due to Islamic inclination. Muslims doctrines believes in killing at a smallest thing. Shedding of blood is allowed in Islam

Bro change your life to a meaningful living. The only savior of oduduwpigs is that majority (98%) of their population worship Ogun , obatara, yemoja etc in christian and Muslims clothing.

That's why northern Muslims don't support oduduwpigs Muslims and are not allowed to preside in northern mosques.

I wanted to respond to you. But I deduced that you're not worthy of a conversation.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Yujin(m): 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
A Yoruba criminal went all the way to Iraq to commit crime. They should give her the punishment befitting to her crime.

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by greggng: 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
I am sorry for all this Arab countries ...Someone wanted to kill herself and you rescued her and now you want to kill her. The funny thing is that they will claim.they are doing the work of there God. May God forgive them ...I blamed her for evening going from.fryung pan to fire .
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Blackdisciple(m): 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
Of all places na Iraqi she come go, is anything good has ever come out of irag, i pity her
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by victorclean(f): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
fawaz050:

I wanted to respond to you. But I deduced that you're not worthy of a conversation.

Oga Fawaz or what ever you called yourself. The world 🌍 is tired of islamic terrorism. Your responds will have no value ok.

Your response is not needed because it will be full of Islamic taquyah(deception).
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Tetraozonaitera: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2023
I guess Islam doesn't recognize the word depression.

Depressed persons need help not death.
It is well Sha.

A friend once asked if I have interest in going to Dubai. I didn't allow him to finish the question before I said No.

Any Arab country is not for me even if they pick dollars on their street. You can be easily lied against in places Sharia is practiced and the next thing is beheading.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by wirinet(m): 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2023
fawaz050:

The American constitution accedes to LGBTQ+ rights. Why not you along with Christianity scholars (or whatever your religion is) demand the proscription since it is against the principle of a Christian state.
Yes the US constitution is founded on European idealism of the time which was predominantly Christian, but is not a Christian state. The US is a secular state and separates the church from the state.

FYI, not all the provisions of the Iraqi constitution is based on Islamic Injuctions.
Then what is the law of beating a suicide survivor to death based on? You tell me.

In Malaysia, drug pushers are killed and it's not obtainable in most Western/"Christian" Countires. Why not you along with Christianity scholars (or whatever your religion is) demand the proscription.
Killing of drug pushers has nothing to do with Christianity. It is a prescription to a destructive social problem. Drug addiction kills and destroy the lives of young people. The drug pushers can be said to be silent murderers. Now tell me the how a sick and depressed person that attempted suicide is likened to a drug pushers.

You just want argument and wouldn't stop ostracizing Islam irregardless of my analogies. I leave you to whatever helps you sleep at night.
Modern day Islam is a violent and disruptive religion. It turn normally sane and humane human beings to beasts. How can someone watch a defenseless woman being beaten to death, with blood splattered all over the place? And you are comparing it to LGBTQ and more humane killing of drug pushers.
Please note : I detest all forms of capital punishment. I believe since you cannot create a life, you should also not kill a life. I support life imprisonment for serious crimes. I believe a murderer and his executioner are both guilty of the same crime.

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Westerhoffe(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2023
7lives:

The travel agents lied to her.
Even today one stupid fellow said Iraq has a buoyant economy.

Well, I really don't think it's safe migrating to these countries where its people are trying to run away from.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by deavicky(m): 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
Millimann:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/10/19/nigerian-woman-currently-danger-iraq-may-be-killed-november-family-calls-help
which kind yeye country be that?. You rescued somebody from death and u send the person back to death. Anyway they her helping her achieve her dreams.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Yankee101: 1:49am On Oct 21, 2023
Barbarism
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Awaja(m): 2:12am On Oct 21, 2023
Iraq Iraq,you saved her from commiting suicide to kill her yourself
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Pennnywise(m): 5:52am On Oct 21, 2023
KpukpuyekePikin:
She is a Yellowbar terrorist who went to Iraq to study terrorism. They should kill her asap!

To hell with you!
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by bigwig071(m): 7:41am On Oct 21, 2023
bigwig071:
between Islam and evil honestly I don't even know the one is that better to tell you the truth. Who knows what those Muslims men were doing her that's pushed her attempt to commit suicide.... a lot of evil about Islamic people
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Bigpat: 8:33am On Oct 21, 2023
Muslims are problem everywhere, someone wants to kill herself, you rescued her, only for you to want to kill her too.
If killing herself is an offence, you killing her is it not an offence.
Can two wrongs make a right.
One Northern,Gov says carrying guns in Nigeria be legalized, can Nigerians especially the Northern Muslims be trusted with AK47, for a country of hunger and starvation.
America that allows guns, they are mentally & psychologically stable, there are jobs,no hunger in their land, even at that, in their abundancy they still experience shootings here and there, mostly from Muslim residents.
Tell me the wisdom in trying to kill a frustrated woman who needs help, not just shoot & die but beating to death. The height of heartlessness
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by wirinet(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2023
Bigpat:
Muslims are problem everywhere, someone wants to kill herself, you rescued her, only for you to want to kill her too.
If killing herself is an offence, you killing her is it not an offence.
Can two wrongs make a right.
One Gov. Raddah says carrying guns in Nigeria be legalized, can Nigerians especially the Northern Muslims be trusted with AK47, for a country of hunger and starvation.
America that allows guns, they are mentally & psychologically stable, there are jobs,no hunger in their land, even at that, in their abundancy they still experience shootings here and there, mostly from Muslim residents.
Tell me the wisdom in trying to kill a frustrated woman who needs help

That's the aspect that i find irrational. You save someone for killing herself in the most painless way possible, you then sentence her to death in a most gruesome manner. Why? What lesson are to teach the society? Generally, criminal punishments are meant to reform, discourage others from committing crimes or act as revenge for those hurt by the criminal, which of these is this law meant to achieve?

Muslims are just sadistic and bloodthirsty.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Joeyfizzo: 11:20am On Oct 21, 2023
These Arab/Islamic nations are something else ....how can u beat someone to death .. I thank God for wat Israel is doing in Palestine and the middle east in general.....I was passing by a mosque in Kubwa close to NNPC junction around 5:40am thier morning prayers that was how I heard the Imam preaching telling his gullible followers to come out and assist in terms of money, food, clothings anytime Allah calls for Jihad against infidels.....now who do dey refer to as infidels? CHRISTIANS OR THOSE PRACTICING OTHER RELIGION
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by kabillionaire(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2023
As she wanted to die before, they just want to assist her achieve her aim.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by naijamerican: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
Well if she initially attempted suicide, the government will assist her in her goal. No harm no foul.

Imagine going to Iraq for greener pastures??🤣🤣
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Imotman(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
The act of going to Iraq to seek 'greener pastures' is suicidal in itself..

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Igbogalnolimits: 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2023
Why would you go to Iraq of all places? First of all Iraq is a relatively poor country, many parts of Nigeria are far better than it. Secondly those guys are quite racist towards blacks, they call black people "abeed" which means slave and most of them will never allow their child to marry a black person, so you won't even feel comfortable staying there. Una get mind to be travelling to all these places sha. As for ne, if it isn't western Europe, north America or south America then I no dey go.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Igbogalnolimits: 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
tasalanoni:

Iraq is better than Nigeria in over a thousand ways
Not really. Many regions of Nigeria are better than Iraq. Let's stop insulting ourselves all the time please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Beats A Danfo Driver For Bashing His Jeep In Lagos / Nigerian Man Jumps From Upstairs To Avoid Malaysian Police, Gets Injured (Graphi / Senegalese Man Hijacks School Bus In Italy, Sets It Ablaze (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.