Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide (38187 Views)

Night Guard Raped This Girl While Attempting Suicide In Ibadan / Rebecca Michael Commits Suicide As Boyfriend Dumps Her In Kogi State University / 2 Sisters Arrested For Attempting To Smuggle Drugs Into Kuje Prison (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by olumaxi(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Travelled to IRAQ for greener pastures 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣..........naija can frustrate sha
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by clinician2x: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
nairalanda1:
At the end of the day, when you go to a foreign country, find out their rules and regulations

American business executive took up a job in Japan. She also had chronic back pain, so she took her prescription drugs along. Despite the drug being legal in the USA,it is illegal in Japan. She got arrested for bringing in illegal drugs. And she had a doctor note.

At the end, countries have different rules..and most countries are suspicious of foreigners. Better find out the rules and follow them as much as possible

One UK man is in jail in the UAE for a financial crime. In the UK , you pay a fine. In the UAE you spend 12 years in jail.

A lot of falsehood is not good for your psyche.

Stop spreading falsehood.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Hubeznigeria(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
So they rescued her so they can kill her by themselves... unserious people

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by fawaz050(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Please, this is not as per Islamic Shari'ah ooo. This is simply based on Iraqi constitution.

I agree the basis of some of their laws is the Qur'an but this is an exception.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Jostoman: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
This is wickedness, Nigeria government should act fast o, that woman must not die in iraq.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Mccullum: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
May she doesn't know that an attempted suicide is a crime except she died with the acts. if not state prosecute such person in accordance to the country's law.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by qtx(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
Millimann:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/10/19/nigerian-woman-currently-danger-iraq-may-be-killed-november-family-calls-help
Instead of sentencing her to death by beating, you should have kuku allowed her to die by her plan, which one is easier and less expensive for Iraq as a country? This middle east people sef i dont understand how their own brain works. You rescued her, and one thinks she might get some succor; now you are bringing her what is worse than what she suffered. No wonder bombs are flying everywhere in that region.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by nairalanda1(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
clinician2x:

A lot of falsehood is not good for your psyche.

Stop spreading falsehood.

The Julie Hamp case.

She brought in oxycodone. She apparently was prescribed it but it is illegal to bring in the drug to Japan without approval.

It is legal in Japan, but ye have to be prescribed it. I guess she could not wait
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Truvelisback(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Greener pastures in Iraq undecided
grin Of all the places wey green, na Iraq she choose.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Bighead95(m): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
The only place I can leave naija for are
CANADA
AMERICA
ENGLAND .

If my money no reach I go kuku ma dey my comfort zone for naija wait till when I don reach to go...

But who go advice her to go Iraq angry grin those traveling agency no go make heaven oo

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Yxxx: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
How ironical but suicide bombers are celebrated over there.
I pray she is rescued.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by rickleye: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
What benefit is killing a Nigerian . The Issue is did she travel with a foreign passport ?
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by MuMuOnBail: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
Na wa ooo

You are sentencing someone who tried to commit suicide to death

Maybe I don't understand the English well.

Are they not doing her a great favor? grin grin
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Obinoscopy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
I'll try to be respectful to the Iraqi laws. However the least abusive sentence I can use is that the rule of saving someone who wants to kill herself and then killing the same person yourself is sheer stupidity in the highest level.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by clinician2x: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
nairalanda1:

The Julie Hamp case.

She brought in oxycodone. She apparently was prescribed it but it is illegal to bring in the drug to Japan without approval.

It is legal in Japan, but ye have to be prescribed it. I guess she could not wait

What you described does not paint a full picture of this incidence. When doctors write a prescription for a controlled prescription drug, they attach their complimentary card to the prescription. That way, any person or authority can directly contact them for verification.
This toyota executive incidence appeared like importation. She was in Japan and then someone in USA hid 57 tablets inside a package and sent to her. There was no prescription and no prescriber info.

That is enough to trigger drug trafficking suspicions.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by nairalanda1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
clinician2x:

What you described does not paint a full picture of this incidence. When doctors write a prescription for a controlled prescription drug, they attach their complimentary card to the prescription. That way, any person or authority can directly contact them for verification.
This toyota executive incidence appeared like importation. She was in Japan and then someone in USA hid 57 tablets inside a package and sent to her. There was no prescription and no prescriber info.

That is enough to trigger drug trafficking suspicions.

Exactly

Thank you
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Successlane: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
mmm
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by fawaz050(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
victorclean:
Beaten to death by these armies of prophet Muhammad is senseless. Why can't they support her?.

If it's in Palestine, USA, Israel and many other christian nations will be shifting millions of relief materials to help them.

See as they rally round in a sit to witness the maiming of an innocent girl , while shouting Allah hu Akbar.

Islam is a curse. May it be wiped away from earth surface.

See pure hatred.

The judgement is based on Iraqi constitution. It's not an Islamic injunction.

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by kiddkash(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Nigerians self…
How can any sane person finds greener pastures to Iraq?
Iraq of all places!
Eno work for her, but I have people selling electronics, spare parts, and Muslim praying mats in Iraq
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Originalsly: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Greener pastures in Iraq undecided

"Anywhere is better than Nigeria"..... leap first look later gang.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by achimendy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
Millimann:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/10/19/nigerian-woman-currently-danger-iraq-may-be-killed-november-family-calls-help

Of all places in the world is Iraq she decided to go to hmmmm.

The stupid Nigerian government should respond asap.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by sunky97: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Millimann:

I don't understand this Iranian law ooo

Someone trying to commit suicide, you rescued her only for you to sentence her to death.

Why did you rescue her in the first place?

Shebi is to prevent her from dying

Why kill her again as punishment for attempting suicide.

Some of these muslim laws are dam funny!

2 Likes

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by iswallker(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
youngsahito:
Why will u visit Iraq for greener pastures, if you used the money to process visa and flight open a biz in Nigeria, she will be doing fine. Iraq is as bleeped as hell fire.

She could have used the money to cook jollof and fried rice and stay at a junction to sell ....

But they must seek greener pastures because of shame ...

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Exceed15: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Greener pasture in Iraq? Kai information is power indeed.

1 Like

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by TheRealOwner(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
fawaz050:
Please, this is not as per Islamic Shari'ah ooo. This is simply based on Iraqi constitution.

I agree the basis of some of their laws is the Qur'an but this is an exception.

Islamic logic: You are not allowed to kill yourself, so we are going to beat you to death or stone you to death for trying to kill yourself.

Make it make sense
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
Even Muslims in Nigeria won't go to Iraq, they'll rather go to US or Europe, they countries they are constantly hate on
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by muykem: 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
MASTERCHIEF0847:
You go to Iraq for greener pastures?
Attempted suicide is an offense in many countries sha.
I pray she gets a pardon.
So why they didn't allow her to kill self in the first place? Do they need her blood for their idol? People should be very careful of all these Islamic countries. They are very wicked without humans face.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by fawaz050(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
TheRealOwner:

Islamic logic: You are not allowed to kill yourself, so we are going to beat you to death or stone you to death for trying to kill yourself.

Make it make sense

You don't understand simple english ni,awe?
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by davillian(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
Being around these peaceful people requires lots of common sense......
That's how these idiots would have killed because I walked pass a place they have swept to be used for prayers......
But lucky for me I could speak Thier language and I got a serious warning....
They are stupid and have been stupid
Beating som1 to death fir attempting suicide grin
Islam is a religion for baberians..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by Impliment: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
How can someone choose Iraq as a destination for greener pastures? Anyway, Nigeria government should as a matter of urgent go for her rescue.
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by twilliamx(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
Why them no kuku allow kill herself... Which kain thing be dis
Re: Dose Rebecca Oluwaseunfunmi Sentenced To Death In Iraq For Attempting Suicide by fawaz050(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Some people just love to blame everything on Islam.

This law is not consistent with the Qur'an. It's developed by the Iraqi themselves.

Stop blaming Islam for what you don't understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Jumps From Upstairs To Avoid Malaysian Police, Gets Injured (Graphi / Senegalese Man Hijacks School Bus In Italy, Sets It Ablaze (pics) / Man Strips Naked As Electricity Officials Disconnect His Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.