Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga (28976 Views)

Alex Otti Laments Naira Free Fall, Says FG Printed Too Much Money / No Light @ Alh. Haruna, Itaji, Williams Aganga Streets, Since Sept., 23rd, 2019 / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by jesmond3945: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2023
seunmsg:

NLNG is not selling in Naira so there is a difference.

As regards Dangote, check the link below.
https://www.thecable.ng/pib-nigerian-refiners-to-buy-crude-oil-in-naira/amp
so fine. How feasible, do you think this can work?
Many companies extracting crude spend dollars to do so. How would they now go around and sell in naira thereby incurring loses?
Lets watch and see. Remember dangote borrowed in dollars to build and will now need dollars to pay off his debt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by highness25(m): 9:57am On Oct 21, 2023
treesun:

https://punchng.com/why-naira-is-in-free-fall-ex-minister-aganga/
na always when una comot for sit una brain de function
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Ewedegubbler: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2023
When you guys were borrowing billions of dollars to build lunatic railways to Niger and other useless non economically viable destinations Una no remember say Una go pay am back?

Thunder faya Naira and it’s defenders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by AntiChristian: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2023
tuborme:
It is called production… Peter Obi gave you the solution but you won’t hear!

No be only Obi na kolanut!
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 21, 2023
tuborme:

That's why Peter Obi is far above anyone else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by onuman: 10:00am On Oct 21, 2023
Without electricity, how can manufacturers survive through generators?
Fashola stayed 8 years as Power minister of APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by zombieHUNTER: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Where has he done it before? With what pedigree? This is not about emotional or reverential support.
An importer can't be telling me that he wants to move to production and I will not ask him what he has produced before... think am nah!

Tinubu built Lagos abi?..
Let him build Nigeria

Naira is 1200 to a dollar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by April4th(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2023
seunmsg:
We don’t have the forex to defend the Naira quite alright but Nigerians are not helping matters. We have a dollar shortage crisis and Nigerians are busy stockpiling dollars at any amount simply for speculative reasons. What is going on is really scary.

We may hit 2k for a dollar before the end of the year with the way things are going. CBN needs to go back to the crude method adopted by Emefiele. Whatever it is they are doing with the PH and Dangote refineries, they should please hurry it up and start production. There will be a huge rally for the Naira once we stop importation of petroleum products. These are the short term measures to stop the free fall. Manufacturing what we need in Nigeria and for export is a long term solution.

Who are the Nigerians stockpiling dollars? Is it not the same political class you and your likes support everyday on NL? Or do you want to tell me the almost 160m poor Nigerians are the ones stockpiling dollars? It's time we start holding our political class accountable for their actions, instead of fighting a tribal war on social media that won't benefit anybody.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Ijaya123: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2023
tuborme:

Mention just one production company owned by Peter Obi
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by onuman: 10:03am On Oct 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Where has he done it before? With what pedigree? This is not about emotional or reverential support.
An importer can't be telling me that he wants to move to production and I will not ask him what he has produced before... think am nah!
And you believe an easy way ex drug trafficking baron and certificate forgery expert will do the right thing?
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by clefstone(m): 10:03am On Oct 21, 2023
Adabestseason:
Useless talk after finishing your own,you assisted Goodluck to fail,even with so-called inter/transnational experiences
how did Goodluck fail. Wasn't your life okay during Goodluck's administration. Please you guys should stop this baseless talk. It is the people that uses the media to slander Goodluck's government that are in power now. How are they faring?
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by WAPINATION: 10:04am On Oct 21, 2023
Simple solution: Fight insecurity to the bearest minimum Encourage Agriculture and all manufacturing companies that produce exportable goods services and products… Genuinely Implement and execute your plans towards this goal without corrupt practices….Thank me later.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by PepeXKermit: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:

go and verify grin
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by emerged01(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2023
kenny714433:
That's not even the problem. Imagine sinking all the money into failed industries that have large holes punctured by corruption.

Didn't Buhari swear to complete Ajekuta steel and Refineries? Wasn't millions sunk into the failed project?

Is Tinubu doing anything different?

When we complained about endemic corruption you called us Ipob. Now, they will give me a state in SE because I don't support the inept Tinubu.

Hate him or not, PO would have drastically reduced corruption in most sector of this country.
Nigeria is a country not a state. One person cant solve Nigeria's problem. While your type voted rogues in National assembly and house of rep you are expecting a man to perform. You are expecting a seed to grow among weeds.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by globalresource: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2023
They will blame everyone except the leader. Who does us like this in nigeria. It is in Migeria Leadership refuses to take leadership. APC will keep blaming everyone except themselves

Then what is the reason for leadership in the first place?
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Guyman01: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:

In the next thread you will say that the only thing PO achieved is bringing Hero beer and their Trophy beer to Nigeria as if that is not production that you Islamists collect alcohol tax from while pretending you love Sharia law
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Mandate1: 10:06am On Oct 21, 2023
LikeAking:

No solely on imports to earn FX…

They even import more than us..

Apart from fuel imports, our imports is even very small compared to some nations doing very well..

We produce over 95% of the food we eat.

Some nations even import sand and 80% of what they eat..

We also import things other nations import at a considerate number.. (Apart from power generating sets)

The major problem is corruption, miss management and an unregulated importation system..

Also add over demand for foreign services like, education, medically, vacation, etc..

Nigerian that will use one car and TV for 20 years. Wia the money to buy imported goods..

you are so spot on bro. The problem with Nigeria is corruption and pervasive mismanagement. What do we even import sef? A Peter Obi in that govt will fight national corruption to a very low level and things will work. Fashola or Yemi Osinbanjo as president would av done better. Tinubu is naturally known to have a flair for corruption, how is he going to fight what he's a part of?
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by 9jaBloke: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Talk is cheap o. For someone like him who had the opportunity to implement all he has said but never did so then it's cheap talk. Check my signature for free stuffs!

The comment I was looking for!

Anyone who has been in office or has had the opportunity to effect positive change in any of our sectors but didn't, should be quiet.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Magabush1(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2023
By doing what exactly. Is not to sack one corrupt man and put another there. Oga, corruption has been a way of life of Nigerian workers and appointees. Please tell me how he would have reduced corruption. If he dare to try such, he won't last 24hrs in government. Them go frustrate the hell out of him. Can't u see how workers asked minister of works to go because they all came late for work. The average Nigerian have to work on their mindset. If it's this same Nigerians that I am seeing that Po would have used to reduce corruption,then I am afraid ,it wouldn't have worked

kenny714433:
That's not even the problem. Imagine sinking all the money into failed industries that have large holes punctured by corruption.

Didn't Buhari swear to complete Ajekuta steel and Refineries? Wasn't millions sunk into the failed project?

Is Tinubu doing anything different?

When we complained about endemic corruption you called us Ipob. Now, they will give me a state in SE because I don't support the inept Tinubu.

Hate him or not, PO would have drastically reduced corruption in most sector of this country.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by clinician2x: 10:09am On Oct 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:

You're listening to the one that does neither import nor export and the result is not surprising. Abi e de surprise you ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Okwyjesus(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2023
tuborme:
Don't mind them. I saw fuel at N630 pump price yesterday but wetin concern me
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by frog12: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2023
we need people like this in the country grin
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by PointZerom: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2023
seunmsg:
We don’t have the forex to defend the Naira quite alright but Nigerians are not helping matters. We have a dollar shortage crisis and Nigerians are busy stockpiling dollars at any amount simply for speculative reasons. What is going on is really scary.

We may hit 2k for a dollar before the end of the year with the way things are going. CBN needs to go back to the crude method adopted by Emefiele. Whatever it is they are doing with the PH and Dangote refineries, they should please hurry it up and start production. There will be a huge rally for the Naira once we stop importation of petroleum products. These are the short term measures to stop the free fall. Manufacturing what we need in Nigeria and for export is a long term solution.

Is he wailing or crying?
A man without primary and secondary School education gratued from CSU with first class in economics cannot solve your financial and economic problems.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by drugBaronTINUBU: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2023
PDPdestroyer:

Can you mention how he was able to do this as Anambra State governor?
U are Still calling anambra?

Goan check the reason why Anambra is not just among the top 5 states with lowest poverty rate but also the state with the highest numbers of millionaires and billionaires
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by newwise1: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2023
LikeAking:

No solely on imports to earn FX…

They even import more than us..

Apart from fuel imports, our imports is even very small compared to some nations doing very well..

We produce over 95% of the food we eat.

Some nations even import sand and 80% of what they eat..

We also import things other nations import at a considerate number.. (Apart from power generating sets)

The major problem is corruption, miss management and an unregulated importation system..

Also add over demand for foreign services like, education, medically, vacation, etc..

Nigerian that will use one car and TV for 20 years. Wia the money to buy imported goods..

Bro na only u way get sense for the country, the government keep shifting blames to the citizens by you people only import, you don't export mean while no electricity, when dollar was around 280 during Johnathan what were we exporting then we are not exporting, and what are we importing now we were not importing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Mandate1: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2023
Timothy89:
Naira continues fall because we are a consuming country than producing country

abeg since discovery of oil what has Nigeria export? discovery of oil make our leaders to be lazy, no innovation, just stay in abuja attend FEC meeting, share allocation then follow months same traits

no agricultural exports, rubbers among others because their reliance on crude oil won't made them think outside of the box

chop make I chop governance
how can Nigeria produce when govt policies are killing businesses? This year alone so many businesses have either closed shop or relocated. A nation without stable electricity is increasing price of fuel they have in abundance. That's a business killer. Cost of production will triple, purchasing power will nosedive.

Any serious govt in Nigeria will first fix power and refinery before deregulation.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2023
It is not importation that is weakening the Naira.It is politicians who sponsors their children education abroad and their frequent overseas travel for frivolities.

Petroleum importation is another factor.When boarders were shutdown did the Naira bounced back against the dollar?
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by toyosiolamide(m): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2023
tuborme:
Dem dey produce overnight?We are not ready.We are not talking of production of 10years.To see any effect of this changes we need to start now and hope our children and grandchildren benefit from our sacrifices but we are not ready yet as a nation.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by waveman2: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2023
Baba we depend on the dollar too much as if it is our local currency.Even the ruling class don't spend naira again how won't it fall.The naira is for the poor masses and our ruling class are killing this country.
Timothy89:
Naira continues fall because we are a consuming country than producing country

abeg since discovery of oil what has Nigeria export? discovery of oil make our leaders to be lazy, no innovation, just stay in abuja attend FEC meeting, share allocation then follow months same traits

no agricultural exports, rubbers among others because their reliance on crude oil won't made them think outside of the box

chop make I chop governance
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by drugBaronTINUBU: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2023
Magabush1:
By doing what exactly. Is not to sack one corrupt man and put another there. Oga, corruption has been a way of life of Nigerian workers and appointees. Please tell me how he would have reduced corruption. If he dare to try such, he won't last 24hrs in government. Them go frustrate the hell out of him. Can't u see how workers asked minister of works to go because they all came late for work. The average Nigerian have to work on their mindset. If it's this same Nigerians that I am seeing that Po would have used to reduce corruption,then I am afraid ,it wouldn't have worked

Oga he did it in anambra
He was impeached by the state house of assembly for not yielding to them and sharing state money like others.
Obi won't have approved the 160million naira car the national assembly want to buy now.
Go learn about Obi please and stop allowing hatred consume u
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by drugBaronTINUBU: 10:17am On Oct 21, 2023
Ijaya123:

Mention just one production company owned by Peter Obi
Moving from consumption to production means owning a production company?🤣🤣🤣
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by lordm(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2023
tuborme:
Peter Obi is one of the largest importers of goods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stomach Infrastructure: APC/Tonye Cole Strategy In Rivers State (Photos) / 2019: Myths, Realities Of Buhari, Atiku Clash In Bauchi-vanguard / El-Rufai’s Team Where Anointed Candidate Will Be Picked From Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.