Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga (28975 Views)

Alex Otti Laments Naira Free Fall, Says FG Printed Too Much Money / No Light @ Alh. Haruna, Itaji, Williams Aganga Streets, Since Sept., 23rd, 2019 / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by lailo: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2023
kenny714433:
That's not even the problem. Imagine sinking all the money into failed industries that have large holes punctured by corruption.

Didn't Buhari swear to complete Ajekuta steel and Refineries? Wasn't millions sunk into the failed project?

Is Tinubu doing anything different?

When we complained about endemic corruption you called us Ipob. Now, they will give me a state in SE because I don't support the inept Tinubu.

Hate him or not, PO would have drastically reduced corruption in most sector of this country.
The corruption he reduced in anambra? Mumu talk undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Fearyourcreator: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
tuborme:
It is called production… Peter Obi gave you the solution but you won’t hear!
Lolzzzz ... says a man that does importation... una dey madt together
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Fearyourcreator: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Where has he done it before? With what pedigree? This is not about emotional or reverential support.
An importer can't be telling me that he wants to move to production and I will not ask him what he has produced before... think am nah!
People wey dey madt... they wanted igbo presidency... nothing more .. important preaching production very stupid people
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Fearyourcreator: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2023
kenny714433:

Keep the production aspect aside, let's discuss the point I raised earlier. Ask yourself, why are the industries not working despite all the money being sunk into them...

As a successful business owner, won't it be to look at the statistics available and make useful comparison to arrive at a reasonable conclusion? When PO was busy spitting fact and quoting data, didn't your Asiwaju ask Na statistics we go chop?

The very reason he came back and did exactly the same thing that others did and he's expecting a different result.

Look at PO records, corruption and government wastefulness would have significantly reduced.

If corruption is drastically reduced, don't you think all these government industries will start functioning?
Una mumu se
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Fearyourcreator: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
seunmsg:
We don’t have the forex to defend the Naira quite alright but Nigerians are not helping matters. We have a dollar shortage crisis and Nigerians are busy stockpiling dollars at any amount simply for speculative reasons. What is going on is really scary.

We may hit 2k for a dollar before the end of the year with the way things are going. CBN needs to go back to the crude method adopted by Emefiele. Whatever it is they are doing with the PH and Dangote refineries, they should please hurry it up and start production. There will be a huge rally for the Naira once we stop importation of petroleum products. These are the short term measures to stop the free fall. Manufacturing what we need in Nigeria and for export is a long term solution.
Yeah, export is a longtime solution.. I believe they are working on it
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
Treadway:
we were even importing a lot more then cos money was flowing. I myself started a businesss buying items from Amazon and AliExpress and reselling here, and was spending cumulatively more than 10000 USD a year using my Nigerian debit card... what's even more painful was spending that money wasn't a big deal for me at the time, twas small money, that was just around 1.5m....shey it is the $20 monthly card allowance that has been the case for over 2 years na im Nigerians dey use import. I was importing cars till 2021 when I stopped cos it made no sense to do so anymore due to the landing cost...nobody tell me before I switch to grade A Nigerian used. Let the morons keep capping rubbish and deceiving themselves.

Also dollar was never that high during Jonathan time. It was btw 140-150 for many years..it was only close to the elections that it increased to the 190-200 range, and I'm now pretty sure the APC had something to do with that.
See ehn,
U see this country called Nigeria? It is a demonic country

Look at all the fantastic CV u listed under Goodluck regime. Yet the ungrateful citizens voted him out. Upon all the glaring woeful performance by the characters that later took his seat, these citizens still refuse to give him credit.

This APC have turned it into a embarrassing tragedy.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
IyaTola:
We must get sense by force, I want it to hit 10k to $1
We are surely getting there, my only fear is that these numbskulls might refuse to adjust wages upward instead maintain status quo.

Imagine a worker been paid 300k monthly now

Still collecting 300k when it gets to 10k per $, petrol 7k per litre, rice 500k per bag, a loaf of bread 🍞 10k and a carton of indomine 70k shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is what they are planning

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Expanse2020(m): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
Naira is free fall because it has lost it acceleration due to gravity...
grin grin grin
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by dappydozzy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2023
LikeAking:
Nonsense!

Many other countries of the world depend on imports and they still do well.. Kindly check our Arab and North African brothers.

It’s all about management..

U no sabi, u no sabi, no be too talk, experience or degree..

Are they totally dependent on imports? What is their population ? In economics, you dont comparisms like that, there are economic variables that come into play. Aganga is still correct.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2023
dappydozzy:

Are they totally dependent on imports? What is their population ? In economics, you dont comparisms like that, there are economic variables that come into play. Aganga is still correct.
The former Minister is absolutely correct

But the current leaders are exploiting the import dependency status of the country to thoughtlessly plunder the resources of this country they swore to protect in a psychopathic manner
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Ecothinker: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
NAIRA LOST VALUE DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

DOLLAR WAS MOPPED UP FROM CIRCULATION TO SUPPORT DANGOTE $20B REFINERY AT DISCOUNT

IMPORTATION OF VEHICLES USING CHF CEFARS FROM NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES BANNED,IMPORTERS TO SOURCE FOR DOLLARS AND IMPORT THROUGH ONLY NIGERIAN PORTS

NIGERIAN EXPORTERS ARE FRUSTRATED AT PORTS DUE TO DUBIOUS , OUTRAGEOUS AND ILLEGAL CHARGES BY PORTS OFFICIALS BLOCKING OUR FOREX EARNINGS, CARGO PLANES PREFER TO ONLY DUMP TO NIGERIA AND GO TO NEARBY NEIGHBOURS TO TAKE THEIR EXPORTS PRODUCE.

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by tsdarkside(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
igbos say import is a industry....

let it fall....we dont care no more....

you wan live western lfestyles in nigeria,pay for it yourselves....!!
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by pfadom: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
You mean, the hypocritical Peter Obi, who is a major importer of household utilities?

tuborme:
It is called production… Peter Obi gave you the solution but you won’t hear!
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Kusu12: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
Obidots have started hyping their messiah as usual, the same man they condemned for his incompetence and non performance in the past.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by TOMMYS: 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

The problem is you don't give money from government to industries

You give loan to banks set the conditions you want and banks then give loans to people who meet those criterias

The main issue is they don't set good criteria so that they can steal the money it's that simple

For me I would disagree with the formal minister on petroleum ( we dont have comparative advantage in refinery... Our cost of producing crude is even too high to start with)

Give loans to people who have shown capabilities to produce goods we import at a price not more than the landing cost of such products that's the Koko[/b]

And

People who can produce goods we can export at a price below the international market price

This criterias are important more important than the loans even

Focus on 15 products we have comparative advantage on... There is no how we can't export $100 billion of we are serious

Garments and leather works products can give is $50 billion

Poultry alone can give us $30 billion of we allow importation of maize and soy

Don't even want to go into ethanol, pharmaceutical grade starch, glucose, fructose can be gotten from sweet potato and cassava

But Nigeria would prefer to protect

Maize and soy farming industry values at less than $3 billion... And lose poultry industry that's valued at over $500 billion

[b]They chose to protect cotton farming over a garment industry worth over $1 trillion dollars
[/b]

This are the little factors that matters

Nigeria Is for the North.
If Tinubu tries to ensure that we going into production fully.

The loans will be gotten from the bank.

The Aboki does not have the pre requisite to access this loans. The Igbo/southerner has the requirements. Meaning if this businesses succeed. Southerners will be richer. Become billionaires overnight.

The Northern elites will frown at it.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Ijaya123: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Moving from consumption to production means owning a production company?🤣🤣🤣

But he is about the biggest importer of finished goods for his chain of supermarkets.

The major reason naira keeps loosing value.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2023
Ecothinker:
NAIRA LOST VALUE DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

DOLLAR WAS MOPPED UP FROM CIRCULATION TO SUPPORT DANGOTE $20B REFINERY AT DISCOUNT

IMPORTATION OF VEHICLES USING CHF CEFARS FROM NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES BANNED,IMPORTERS TO SOURCE FOR DOLLARS AND IMPORT THROUGH ONLY NIGERIAN PORTS

NIGERIAN EXPORTERS ARE FRUSTRATED AT PORTS DUE TO DUBIOUS , OUTRAGEOUS AND ILLEGAL CHARGES BY PORTS OFFICIALS BLOCKING OUR FOREX EARNINGS, CARGO PLANES PREFER TO ONLY DUMP TO NIGERIA AND GO TO NEARBY NEIGHBOURS TO TAKE THEIR EXPORTS PRODUCE.

ALL these na APC
Immediately (infact almost instantaneously) APC regime appeared on the scene $ became very scarce, exclusively for select few.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Ijaya123: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2023
Treadway:
mention one owned by Thubv ....infact mention any business he owns at all, aside the alphabeta conduit he is using to siphon state funds and termed it consultancy fee.

The reason why naira is on a free fall is because of someone like Peter Obi who is one of the biggest importer of finished good into the country for his chain of supermarkets.

Same person is now telling you from Consumption to production. Isn’t that stupid!ty of the highest order?
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by mrvitalis(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
TOMMYS:

Nigeria Is for the North.
If Tinubu tries to ensure that we going into production fully.

The loans will be gotten from the bank.

The Aboki does not have the pre requisite to access this loans. The Igbo/southerner has the requirements. Meaning if this businesses succeed. Southerners will be richer. Become billionaires overnight.

The Northern elites will frown at it.

Northerners own the land, own the raw materials they would be richer too
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by DOnlooker(m): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Where has he done it before? With what pedigree? This is not about emotional or reverential support.
An importer can't be telling me that he wants to move to production and I will not ask him what he has produced before... think am nah!
But I thought you people said he owns a large brewery here in Nigeria. Brewery oh not bottling company because that one is just refilling imported drinks. So is the brewery no longer producing here? Is that not local production ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by loswhite(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2023
kenny714433:
That's not even the problem. Imagine sinking all the money into failed industries that have large holes punctured by corruption.

Didn't Buhari swear to complete Ajekuta steel and Refineries? Wasn't millions sunk into the failed project?

When we complained about endemic corruption you called us Ipob. Now, they will give me a state in SE because I don't support the inept Tinubu.

Hate him or not, PO would have drastically reduced corruption in most sector of this country.
Don't mind all this foolish ex ministers. How can you produce in darkness? No electricity...lol. A country with crude oil is still importing fuel....We are almost in November Dangote refinery is probably selling plastic tables. Naira is in free fall because ex ministers and ex Government sabotage the Nigerian Economy.

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2023
👀

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Chetas81(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
THE VALUE YOU DON'T HAVE, YOU CAN'T ADD IT TO YOUR CURRENCY, THE BAD CITIZEN WANT TO BUILD A GREAT NATION, NO BE JUJU BE THAT
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Programmer47: 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2023
Tareq1105:

I quite agree with some points you made but you messed it up when you touched the issue of FBI. What is FBI report? What effect would FBI report have on a person elected president of a sovereign country? Except if the FBI report says he was jailed in US and he broke jail.

But if he was jailed and he served his terms more than 10 yrs ago, the report wouldn't affect him. This is bcoz criminal conviction in Nigeria expires after 10 years. See 1999 Nigeria Constitution section 137.

Don't forget that FBI report is not a conviction but a subject of litigations. I'm sure your FBI agent would be very careful about whatever report against Tinubu that would lead to court case.

Let me advise you, it's only a conviction of a proper Court and registered in Nigeria that can remove Tinubu.

Even the issue of identity female or male is a litigation on its own not conclusive.

What concerns me with our lopsided judiciary.
Is it not the same judiciary that upheld the sham we called elections?
No, the goal is to permanently retire the druglord and his minions from politics, to make sure both he and his family never contest an election in Nigeria again.
The judiciary can collect bribes for the first term but no magic can be done to enable him run for 2nd term.

Also, it will make glaring the stupidity of Apc supporters and all their quasi intellectual arguments.
Apc is a den of corruption that has almost done a state capture.
The rest is left to the corrupt judges and the headless Apc mob to find another propaganda to run.
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by LikeAking: 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2023
dappydozzy:

Aganga is not correct..

Forget about those ecomocal theories..

Majority of Nigerian can’t afford most imported products, even up to medical products..

So our population can’t count in this case..

Nigerians case is very unique..

We must not rely on ancient class room economics to solve our problems..

Majority of the economics theories were modeled after ancient western economies..

We may have a huge population, but majority of that population don’t use foreign goods directly..

Even when majority of Nigerians buy foreign goods it second hand or cheap ones..

If you remove fuel from what we import , you will understand..

For our population our imports is very low..

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Programmer47: 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
DOnlooker:

But I thought you people said he owns a large brewery here in Nigeria. Brewery oh not bottling company because that one is just refilling imported drinks. So is the brewery no longer producing here? Is that not local production ?

Do you think Apc bots are paid to think?
These ones have sold their brains and conscience for N10k.
They will say absolutely anything to meet the demands of their paymasters.
Poverty no be your mate
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by Adabestseason(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
clefstone:
how did Goodluck fail. Wasn't your life okay during Goodluck's administration. Please you guys should stop this baseless talk. It is the people that uses the media to slander Goodluck's government that are in power now. How are they faring?

Look at the appointments now,how did south-south fare under his watch
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by drugBaronTINUBU: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
Ijaya123:

But he is about the biggest importer of finished goods for his chain of supermarkets.

many of u nor get sense.

u think if those things can be sort locally, he would have prefer to go abroad to be buying it abi? or maybe u think what he sells are only imported.
how can u people allowed yourself to be falling for APC propagandas and lies?
Obi is one of the top investors in UMZA rice mill in kano. he lifted and supported the growth of innoson motors, he brought interfact beverage maker of hero beer to anambra etc
omo many of u need to remove the hatred for him that have been planted into ur mind so u can argue with sense and not with ur keyboard
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by ElSudani: 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
kenny714433:

Tinubu is just four months in office how exactly is he doing the same thing Buhari did?
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
Move from Consumption to Production.......the Yoruabas and Hausas refused but decided to move from Suffering to Shege Suffering.....

Soon, NIGERIANS from the Tribal and Ethnic addicts will get sense and know everything is not about Religion and ethnicity....
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by LikeAking: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2023
Ijaya123:

What is value of all the things he is importing?

May be $10 million USD yearly or less..

We are not even importing anything in Nigeria, don’t let them deceive you with their nonsense lies..

Importation is not a taboo in the world..

Apart from fuel, we are importing less and less of everything else… Pls go an verify..

All the nations on earth import, some countries even import more than Nigeria yet they do very well..

Nigeria is even importing very little…

Peter Obi is not committing any crime importing…

We are in a country we’re majority of Nigerians don’t even have the cheapest second hand car and you say we are importing?

Majority of Nigerians can even afford most imported goods..

Majority of Nigerians use Kpalasa phones, second hand products, etc..

Majority of Nigerians can’t afford the goods in Nigerian supermarkets, so they import very small..

In some countries imported Sadines is a staple food….
Re: Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
ElSudani:

Tinubu is just four months in office how exactly is he doing the same thing Buhari did?

Pls stop differentiating the both of them , your likes will say that PDP wasted 16 years of Nigeria ....

But you now want to to cut off Buhari's Government as not been part of Tinubu's Government.....

APC started taking over Nigeria from 2015 with Tinubu standing as the Party's national Chairman.....

Failures always point at other failures to look better ....lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obama Praises Nigeria’s President For Conceding Defeat / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / DSS' Attempt To Arrest Reno Omokri At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.