Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? (760 Views)

Is Long Bride Price List For Only Virgins? / This Hot Lady Is Seriously In Search Of A Man For Long-distance Relationship / 'Long Distance' Pre-Wedding Photo. See The Height Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by Bomberman(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2023
My girlfriend currently lives with me in benin and i take care of her and provide for her to make her feel comfortable.but recently, she said that she's tired of benin that she wants to go back to delta state.she tried telling me to come to delta state also and rent a house but i refused to yield to that demand because i can't live where i am in benin currently because I'm 100% comfortable here and here has been a blessing to me since i moved here.she insists that she wants to go back to her state(delta state).i told her no problem that she can leave to wherever she likes but i can't do long distance relationship.i cant be in edo state and be dating a girl that lives in delta state.i said it to her face that the moment she lives,then our relationship might just be over because I've never done long distance relationship.am i doing the right thing?please i need your advice
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by misreal(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2023
Is there any reasonable reason why she wants to leave Benin?
Is it for work,school,or family pressure?..
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by Bomberman(m): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2023
misreal:
Is there any reasonable reason why she wants to leave Benin?
Is it for work,school,or family pressure?..

She just insists that she is tired of benin that she wants to go back to her state.that she doesn't like benin
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by pansophist(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
Long distance relationship for men is basically responsibility without reciprocity. You are already investing resources in her but you might have been dumped without knowing until you don't have money to give anymore.

She wants to move to another state, which of course, you will be expected to bear the financial responsibilities in full or partially. If she stays there for years, you will be carrying her financial weight for years. What kind of stupid relationship is that? Are you okay?

As an analogy, a distance relationship is like entering Germany and being jailed immediately for five years, then deported back. You now started telling people that you lived in Germany for five years lol. Distance relationships for years have less value than physical relationships that last for months.

A man dating a lady for five years in the same city will have a qualitative, comprehensive, and real-time experience with her, unlike a man who dates her from far away, where he knows and experiences nothing about her, except what she tells him.

And with the temptations that permeate society, that an average lady is being toasted online, offline, in her dreams, etc, you just create a scenario where cheating on you is so easy, and at the same time, she gets rewarded for it, since you are bankrolling her from afar.

Distance relationships should only be tolerated when it's temporary, and also when you guys have been together for a long time, and better if you are married. But to allow yourself to be in a distance relationship as a man is been foolish, It doesn't benefit you at all.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by Bomberman(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
pansophist:
Long distance relationship for men is basically responsibility without reciprocity. You are already investing resources in her but you might have been dumped without knowing until you don't have money to give anymore.

She wants to move to another state, which of course, you will be expected to bear the financial responsibilities in full or partially. If she stays there for years, you will be carrying her financial weight for years. What kind of stupid relationship is that? Are you okay?

As an analogy, a distance relationship is like entering Germany and being jailed immediately for five years, then deported back. You now started telling people that you lived in Germany for five years lol. Distance relationships for years have less value than physical relationships that last for months.

A man dating a lady for five years in the same city will have a qualitative, comprehensive, and real-time experience with her, unlike a man who dates her from far away, where he knows and experiences nothing about her, except what she tells him.

And with the temptations that permeate society, that an average lady is being toasted online, offline, in her dreams, etc, you just create a scenario where cheating on you is so easy, and at the same time, she gets rewarded for it, since you are bankrolling her from afar.

Distance relationships should only be tolerated when it's temporary, and also when you guys have been together for a long time, and better if you are married. But to allow yourself to be in a distance relationship as a man is been foolish, It doesn't benefit you at all.

Thanks boss
I already made it clear to her that immediately she leaves to her state,then that might be the end because i don't do long distance relationship.if we were in same state but lives in a different environment, it would have been better. But she being in an entirely different state from mine is a no no
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2023
Na waste of time. Don't try it.

1 Like

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by Martinsmine(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bro i de suffer ur suffer.... biko
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by Martinsmine(m): 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
Martinsmine:
Bro i de suffer ur suffer.... biko
Run from distance relationship...
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by yarimo(m): 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
Long distance relationship is an avenue to fool each other more. If you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
If asked me 2 years ago I'd have told you to go for it grin. It rarely works bro, rarely.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by marlow1962(m): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
NO.
One of you will definitely be the FOOOL at the end and it's definitely going to be the male.

2 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by Acidosis(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2023
A total waste of time when you don't see a future together.

1 Like

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by Kobicove(m): 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
If you have no plans of marrying the lady I think it's best you end the relationship now
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Advisable? by eepeepook: 1:17am On Oct 31, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
Na waste of time. Don't try it.
Ugly Calabar girl.

(1) (Reply)

61 Days After: Was I Right To Stop Bet9ja Virtual? / Should I Forgive Him? / Single At Home, ‘married’ In School: Concerns Over Cohabitation In Nigeria’s Te

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.