Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? (2758 Views)

Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time / What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? / Who Says Age Is Not A Problem In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:04am On Sep 28, 2017
gentlegenius:

For a girl - 17.
For a boy - 23.
Quote me for reasons.
Reason please
And did you start dating at 23 ?
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2017
sunshineG:
angry tell me the course you are studying now angry
You get job wey you wan give me?tongue
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
TGoddess:
You get job wey you wan give me?tongue
yes five years time in my house angry grin

1 Like

Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by wh33z(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
Anytime u wanna
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
sunshineG:
yes five years time in my house angry grin
What kind of job is that?
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
TGoddess:
What kind of job is that?
you don't worry grin just submit cv first
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
sunshineG:
you don't worry grin just submit cv first
I need to know the kind of job i'll be applying for.
Re: What Age Is Appropriate For Dating? by gentlegenius(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Reason please
And did you start dating at 23 ?
Before giving you my reasons, let me answer your question... I started dating at 19 just because many teenage boys around me were busy trying to date one or two girls. So I dated then as a result of peer pressure but such relationship hardly works and in a matter of time, I grow to learn that dating isn't meant for teenage boys.

Now, to the reasons...
We must first of all understand the real reason why people should engage in dating.
You'll agree with me that if dating is the primary school, then courtship is the secondary school while marriage could be seen as the tertiary institution.
So obviously, dating and courtship are the prelude of marriage and therefore should be meant for those who are ready to get married or will soon consider getting married.
This is why teenage dating almost always ends in frustrations, disappointment and heart breaks as they are too young to contemplate marriage. No matter how much the love each other and wish to marry each, a teenage boy just doesn't have the wisdom, experience and resources to handle or sustain such relationship till he become ready for marriage. Everything working out well, an average guy starts thinking of marriage at 27 while an average girl becomes ready for marriage at 21. This is because women don't have much time to waste before marriage like men, so the earlier the better.
A guy of 17 still have about 10 year to play around before being ready for marriage but a girl of 17 will be ready for marriage in just 4 years time. This is why such girl can start dating knowing that she will soon be ready for marriage but she must date a more matured guy of 23 or above who also will soon consider settling down. So any guy less than 23 should avoid dating because he will simply be wasting his time or the girl's time.
I am writing this based on the real purpose of dating which is marriage but unfortunately, people date these days for different reasons other than marriage and only marry whatever comes their way when age catches up on them and that is why we have so many relationship and marital problems today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Heartbroken / In-love With A Yoruba Beauty Queen "Awesome" / True Love Waits!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.