Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan (5565 Views)

How I Will Tackle Inflation, Naira, Forex Crises, By Cardoso / Dr Bosun Tijani's Old Tweet Surfaces / Aisha Yesufu’s Old Tweet Praising Tinubu Resurfaces On Twitter (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Nonny95: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
benardtotti:

Let's tackle his tweet logically, how many days will it take to fight insecurity and get farmers back to farm ? 1 week , 2 weeks , 1 month, 1 year ? So while waiting to secure farmers what will happen to inflation? Its easy to talk and tweet , get there first then the story will change .

How many days did it take Isreal to reset the heads of Hamas and Gaza?

Before they started begging and crying?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Ttalk: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

What exactly is he borrowing for? cheesy
To defend fuel?

I thought you read the whole story abi na the part you will use to latch him you extract?

When it comes to the economy I expect many of you who claim to be educated to be objective and push ethnicity and your political affiliation aside because the economy affects everyone.

You import virtually everything and you expect your currency to appreciate against the dollar.

Fuel import constitute a major drain on limited forex and you wonder why the past government could not build a functioning refinery for 22years but screaming to high heaven for someone who spent six months to do the wonders that couldn't be done in the past 22years

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by complexstuffs(m): 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:
1 million naira now is about 12 Ghana Cedis

Na now thus exchange rate pain me

Ghana is laughing at us

Ignorant IPOB cannibals everywhere

Did you find out how Ghana changed their denomination before coming online to disgrace your generation?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by kk2027: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ttalk:

I thought you read the whole story abi na the part you will use to latch him you extract?

When it comes to the economy I expect many of you who claim to be educated to be objective and push ethnicity and your political affiliation aside because the economy affects everyone.

You import virtually everything and you expect your currency to appreciate against the dollar.

Fuel import constitute a major drain on limited forex and you wonder why the past government could not build a functioning refinery for 22years but screaming to high heaven for someone who spent six months to do the wonders that couldn't be done in the past 22years

But we voted GEJ out because dollar got to 200

Now we're defending 1200

What a time to be alive grin

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by kk2027: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

Ignorant IPOB cannibals everywhere

Did you find out how Ghana changed their denomination before coming online to disgrace your generation?

We voted out GEJ because dollar rose to 200
Now we're defending 1200

This government will favor me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by complexstuffs(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
no ibo man will be president

Very true

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by complexstuffs(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
Isobug:
They didn't even bring out the details of that particular Peter Obi tweet. The reminder detailed everything from inflation to creating jobs to exchange rate.
The other one said he traveled from Abuja to Benue to vote Obi, I myself flown in from Malta just to make sure I voted for Peter Obi and I don't regret over 1.5M I spent, I did it for posterity

Thank God your 1.5M was wasted grin

FYI, No IIGB0 will ever smell the presidency

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by amazingspiderma: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
benardtotti:

Let's tackle his tweet logically, how many days will it take to fight insecurity and get farmers back to farm ? 1 week , 2 weeks , 1 month, 1 year ? So while waiting to secure farmers what will happen to inflation? Its easy to talk and tweet , get there first then the story will change .

Will you keep quiet?
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by complexstuffs(m): 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

We voted out GEJ because dollar rose to 200
Now we're defending 1200

This government will favor me grin

Yes.. The government is favouring me and my family while peppering IPOB cannibals and their family.

May this government continue to pepper IPOB cannibals and their family

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Jcoleworld911: 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

What exactly is he borrowing for? cheesy
To defend fuel?

You’re very wicked 🀣

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by obiekunie01: 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
benardtotti:

oga!

peter obi's plan to tackle insecurity will be effective within 5 months!

the legalization of state and local govt police in addition to federal police and very active civil defence combined with no nonesence action from federal government will end insecurity, kidnapping, armed robbery and many criminal vices within a space of 5 months!

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Ttalk: 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
mrvitalis:

Anyone who knows anything about macro economics knows it would take 6 months to 2 years

But he won't have removed the subsidy
He won't have floated the naira

We would have been buying fuel 300 now at least

Dollar at 800 max

Would still be better than today

So what do you?

You all forgot the economy was already crippled because of Emefiele's money coloration that many of you were hailing just to spite Tinubu you love to hate?

A sincere mind should be expecting this consequence as a result of such a criminal policy that grounded the economy.

You can choose to believe whatever you want but to me, this administration is still on track regarding the critical steps taken so far on fuel subsidy and floating the naira.

Let the economy correct itself so we know the actual value of the naira. Tinubu will not defend the naira for import. Get your dollar at any rate if you want to import

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Ttalk: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
kk2027:

But we voted GEJ out because dollar got to 200

Now we're defending 1200

What a tike to be alive grin

GEJ was booted out for political and economic reasons. If Tinubu fails to perform to my expectations I will campaign against him but the way many of you are playing your politics is suicidal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Jcoleworld911: 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
You cannot but love/admire Peter Obi, dude is politically fit and sound in economics

Anambra people still loves him till today, Okwute ndi Igbo, your time is coming

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by mrvitalis(m): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ttalk:

You all forgot the economy was already crippled because of Emefiele's money coloration that many of you were hailing just to spite Tinubu you love to hate?

A sincere mind should be expecting this consequence as a result of such a criminal policy that grounded the economy.

You can choose to believe whatever you want but to me, this administration is still on track regarding the critical steps taken so far on fuel subsidy and floating the naira.

Let the economy correct itself so we know the actual value of the naira. Tinubu will not defend the naira for import. Get your dollar at any rate if you want to import
Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you obviously don't know much about economics abi?

You don't remove subsidy( that's back already) and float the naira when you don't have reserve to control the direction

Tinubu unguarded statements brought us here

Deep down you know this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Isobug: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

Thank God your 1.5M was wasted grin

Suffer suffer......na sapa go deal with you
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Ttalk: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you obviously don't know much about economics abi?

You don't remove subsidy( that's back already) and float the naira when you don't have reserve to control the direction

tinubu's unguarded statements brought us here

Deep down you know this

I won't go personal but tackle you based on the subject matter.

What is the basis for fuel subsidy in an economy that doesn't refine crude, is heavily indebted, and lacks in critical infrastructure to kickstart industrialization?

Have bothered to check the reason behind the conceptualization of fuel subsidies in Nigeria,?

What is the impact of the naira defense by the previous government on our economy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by complexstuffs(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
Isobug:

Suffer suffer......na sapa go deal with you

Yet na IPOB cannibals dey wail upandan grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by complexstuffs(m): 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ashez:
Our President
There is still light at the end of the tunnel, Tinubu must be disgraced out of Aso rock and the real Rock shall stand, in that day...............
Joy unspeakable will radiate through the lives of Nigerians.
Weep not Nigerians, our redemption is very much around the corner.

Stop smoking expired mkporu mirri.

1. No IIGB0S will ever smell the presidency of Nigeria
2. We will not give them BIAFLA

Know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by dangermouse(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
The man for the job

Him who the cap fits.

It shall come to pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by obiekunie01: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ttalk:

very dumb comment!

totally exposing your ignorance on economics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by benardtotti(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2023
obiekunie01:

oga!

peter obi's plan to tackle insecurity will be effective within 5 months!

the legalization of state and local govt police in addition to federal police and very active civil defence combined with no nonesence action from federal government will end insecurity, kidnapping, armed robbery and many criminal vices within a space of 5 months!

Who will legalise state police? Is it the executive or the legislature? How long will the process take as it has to reflect I constitutional amendment and at least 2/3rd of the states must pass it ? You guys just argue blindly without asking the right question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by benardtotti(m): 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nonny95:

How many days did it take Isreal to reset the heads of Hamas and Gaza?

Before they started begging and crying?

Answer the question by yourself has the war ended ? Has hamas been exterminated ?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Okoroawusa: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2023
I am the last Igbo man that Peter Obi can deceive.

Fight insecurity then food inflation will come down... this one be like talk wey dem dey tell woman on top bed, " Nne don't worry. I will go to shoe and buy you Aba ".

Nonsense and Peter Obi...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by mrvitalis(m): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ttalk:

I won't go personal but tackle you based on the subject matter.

What is the basis for fuel subsidy in an economy that doesn't refine crude, is heavily indebted, and lacks in critical infrastructure to kickstart industrialization?

Have bothered to check the reason behind the conceptualization of fuel subsidies in Nigeria,?

What is the impact of the naira defense by the previous government on our economy?
Fuel subsidy has to go yes but not in this manner there are better ways to handle it

Question is... Can tinubu say he is not paying subsidy today? We are paying 400 nakra subsidy... So what exactly did he achieve? they no born am well to remove subsidy now

Developmental economics is complex and many parameters must come into play there steps to take and fuel subsidy would be done for in 2 years

Now he would pay subsidy for years to come

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by SuperOnyi: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
no ibo man will be president

shocked

grin grin grin

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! That's just a fact! grin πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

God help me so I start earning in dollar πŸ™πŸ˜’.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by JOemmy(m): 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Is it not very clear now who really won the election? Am yet to see tweets like these boasting of voting for tinibu.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by JOemmy(m): 10:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
[quote author=Isobug post=126523296]They didn't even bring out the details of that particular Peter Obi tweet. The reminder detailed everything from inflation to creating jobs to exchange rate.
The other one said he traveled from Abuja to Benue to vote Obi, I myself flown in from Malta just to make sure I voted for Peter Obi and I don't regret over 1.5M I spent, I did it for posterity [
/quote]

Nna men the rigging was really very massive am yet to see people online who voted for tinibu in my polling unit here in warri tinibu got only 3 votes after collation of the votes.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Orinechi: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2023
How is going to tackle insecurity? Let see his template.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by grandstar(m): 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
This guy sounds like a charlatan. That's not what's fuelling food inflation in Nigeria .
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Ttalk: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2023
obiekunie01:

very dumb comment!

totally exposing your ignorance of economics.

A dull mind results in insult because he has nothing his mind can process, he would rather use insult to shade his emptiness.

I gave up when I saw your other comment where you started that Obi will end insecurity within 5months by establishing state police.

Just see how stupid you sounded. A state police creation requires constitutional amendment which must be passed by 2/3 of the NA as well as all states of the federation assembly. That can't be done in 6 months.

You can now swallow your ignorance and keep quiet if you don't have any meaningful contribution to the discussion instead of your foolish insult

Oga, lecture on the better way to handle the present economic situation Nigeria finds itself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by DesChyko: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ttalk:
You didn't know Ghana redenominate its currency.
Somebody that was born when Ghana did this is in University already (quote me wrong).
But you're using this as an excuse for a trend over the past few years.

You should know when to keep quiet, these APC people (excuse my french)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bode George’s Life In Prison - Sleeps On Double-bunk Bed - Shares Same Bathroom / www.lindaikeji..com Finally Blocked From Blogger.com. / Check Out Lionel Messi New Classical Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.