Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan (5574 Views)

How I Will Tackle Inflation, Naira, Forex Crises, By Cardoso / Dr Bosun Tijani's Old Tweet Surfaces / Aisha Yesufu’s Old Tweet Praising Tinubu Resurfaces On Twitter (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Ttalk: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
DesChyko:
Somebody that was born when Ghana did this is in University already (quote me wrong).
But you're using this as an excuse for a trend over the past few years.

You should know when to keep quiet, these APC urchins.

What's your point?
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by DeOTR: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
obiekunie01:

oga!

peter obi's plan to tackle insecurity will be effective within 5 months!

the legalization of state and local govt police in addition to federal police and very active civil defence combined with no nonesence action from federal government will end insecurity, kidnapping, armed robbery and many criminal vices within a space of 5 months!

The President unilaterally legalizing local government and state policing? Seriously?
And you honestly think the past Presidents knows the right thing to do but wickedly decided to do the opposite?
I want to believe you're talking from a point of ignorance.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Taich(m): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ttalk:

I thought you read the whole story abi na the part you will use to latch him you extract?

When it comes to the economy I expect many of you who claim to be educated to be objective and push ethnicity and your political affiliation aside because the economy affects everyone.

You import virtually everything and you expect your currency to appreciate against the dollar.

Fuel import constitute a major drain on limited forex and you wonder why the past government could not build a functioning refinery for 22years but screaming to high heaven for someone who spent six months to do the wonders that couldn't be done in the past 22years

I think you are getting the whole economy thing wrong. Nigeria had a choice to make and they took the easy way out. You rightly pointed out importation but we do not have any new import item then previous administrations were not importing, same fuel and consumer goods. Yet the current administration floated Naira, removed subsidy, saved money, reintroduced subsidy, borrowed from multiple sources and yet the economy is in shambles with inflation on a record, this administration even went as far as doctoring employment statistics just to look good and continue their make believe. Mark my words the economic will get worse, the indices are clear, at this point the administration has nothing to defend the naira, I am predicting a free fall of Naira to 1500USD before the end of November. Actions have consequences, one of the consequences of having bad leaders are bad policies that puts the economy in disarray. Nigeria is typical case study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Nonny95: 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
benardtotti:

Answer the question by yourself has the war ended ? Has hamas been exterminated ?

Which Hamas?

The ones asking the world through Gaza residents for ceasefire. Lmao.

By the way, how do you end insecurity by treating insurgents with kids gloves.

Didn't you see a video of Terrorists holding Meeting with the army and Army still denied the event?

Does that show an Administration ready to work?

Answer the question

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by flokii: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
Why he no tackle poverty in Anambra during his tenure?... Talk is cheap.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by ysth(m): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
no ibo man will be president
Amen, and you and your generations unborn will never afford to buy enough materials to build befitting houses.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by ysth(m): 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
mrvitalis:

Anyone who knows anything about macro economics knows it would take 6 months to 2 years

But he won't have removed subsidy
He won't have floated the naira

We would have been buying fuel 300 now at least

Dollar at 800 max

Would still be better than today

So what says you?
a serious government with all the informations of sponsors of boko haram with the NIA and the UAE government, majority of this insurgency will be tackled in 2 months, arrest and lock up all their known financiers, the foot soldiers won't be able to buy arms again. Station more military apparatus to dislodge remnants, restructure the police by creating region police outfits, community police, and federal police to enable them secure and operate more efficiently. This can give farmers the confidence to go back to their farms. If you know the large areas of kaduna that doesn't have even a police station talk more of a police man, but with local vigilantes who are only allowed to carry Dane guns. But if the policing is local, we will have more personals employed on ground. Monies they use in paying youth corpers can be diverted to pay full time police men.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by ysth(m): 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

Thank God your 1.5M was wasted grin

FYI, No IIGB0 will ever smell the presidency
that's to tell you he has more money that your generation. He spent 1.5m on air ticket, have you been about to achieve such feat before?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by MadamExcellency: 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I am the last Igbo man that Peter Obi can deceive.

Fight insecurity then food inflation will come down... this one be like talk wey dem dey tell the woman on the top bed, " Nne don't worry. I will go to shoe and buy you Aba ".

Nonsense and Peter Obi...

This sellout again. For your information, I put it to you. There hasn't been nor will there be anything an Igbo man will do to please you except support your mother's tribe's political affiliation.

You are lost as far as Igbo interest is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Luckysbab: 12:14am On Oct 21, 2023
kk2027:
Government of turn by turn won't let us progress grin grin grin

Tears As Ghana Cedis Topples Naira With High Margin

1million naira is now less than 20k in Ghana currency

This government will favor me grin

Olodo. Same Cedis that was devalued and is one of the weakest currencies. That 20k is in essence 2 million Cedis.

Look at how you were reveling in ignorance like some royal garment.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Luckysbab: 12:18am On Oct 21, 2023
benardtotti:

Let's tackle his tweet logically, how many days will it take to fight insecurity and get farmers back to farm ? 1 week , 2 weeks , 1 month, 1 year ? So while waiting to secure farmers what will happen to inflation? Its easy to talk and tweet , get there first then the story will change .

These ones don't reason o. They think the insecurity issue is like some video game or movie, where things are influenced with hand movement.

Him for just blow powder and criminal elements will fall to their death.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Luckysbab: 12:20am On Oct 21, 2023
kk2027:

What exactly is he borrowing for? cheesy
To defend fuel?

You're a Dullard. Stop delving into matters that are beyond your education. It's embarrassing.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Luckysbab: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

Anyone who knows anything about macro economics knows it would take 6 months to 2 years

But he won't have removed subsidy
He won't have floated the naira

We would have been buying fuel 300 now at least

Dollar at 800 max

Would still be better than today

So what says you?

And have been borrowing at a more alarming rate or where will the money to subsidize come from?
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Luckysbab: 12:25am On Oct 21, 2023
Nonny95:

How many days did it take Isreal to reset the heads of Hamas and Gaza?

Before they started begging and crying?

Oh no! What sort of dunce are you folks, really!

USA that had to leave Afghanistan after 20 years of nothing are incompetent?

Or you are essentially suggesting the President should approve random air strikes over troubled areas amass "collateral damage"?
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Luckysbab: 12:26am On Oct 21, 2023
Jcoleworld911:

You’re very wicked 🤣

No. You both are just very dull
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Luckysbab: 12:30am On Oct 21, 2023
DesChyko:
Somebody that was born when Ghana did this is in University already (quote me wrong).
But you're using this as an excuse for a trend over the past few years.

You should know when to keep quiet, these APC urchins.

So you mean the Ghanian Cedis is currently doing well?
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Yourbaslayer: 12:48am On Oct 21, 2023
kk2027:
1 million naira now is about 12 Ghana Cedis

Na now thus exchange rate pain me

Ghana is laughing at us

You are right but it's not 12 GHS but 12 Thousand GHS, Tinubu represent everything evil to Nigeria .... It's very depressing, and nobody give a damn about the situation because of Tribalism ..... Nigeria will never recover from this mess, anyway Nigeria will divide sooner or later
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by DesChyko: 12:58am On Oct 21, 2023
Luckysbab:

So you mean the Ghanian Cedis is currently doing well?

Against the Naira?

Be the judge, bruv.

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by DesChyko: 12:59am On Oct 21, 2023
Ttalk:

What's your point?

It's not about the re-denomination.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by kk2027: 1:50am On Oct 21, 2023
Wahala be like bicycle
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by nairanaira12: 2:07am On Oct 21, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
no ibo man will be president

And we can all see how far tribal bigotry has taken you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by nairanaira12: 2:15am On Oct 21, 2023
benardtotti:

Let's tackle his tweet logically, how many days will it take to fight insecurity and get farmers back to farm ? 1 week , 2 weeks , 1 month, 1 year ? So while waiting to secure farmers what will happen to inflation? Its easy to talk and tweet , get there first then the story will change .

Steps in the right direction can buoy the naira and prevent this fall even before the farm produces begin to yield.

There is something called market sentiment

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by nairanaira12: 2:17am On Oct 21, 2023
complexstuffs:

Obi is so good yet IPOB cannibals are still entering night bus to Lagos

You have no right to complain until you allow them to have Biafra
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Realjerome200: 3:06am On Oct 21, 2023
A typical Nigerian politician will first tackle buying of multimillion naira suv cars for senators and political office holders.
Clueless leaders continue to emerge in Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by benardtotti(m): 3:22am On Oct 21, 2023
nairanaira12:

Steps in the right direction can buoy the naira and prevent this fall even before the farm produces begin to yield.

There is something called market sentiment

Market sentiment doesn't drive qn economy, when BAT resumed and made those bold moves marker sentiment was high but now the real issues and challenges have surfaced and market sentiment is no longer the same , this is the same mistake our leaders keep making .so if you are relying on market sentiment what happens if things don't go as planned ?
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by benardtotti(m): 3:27am On Oct 21, 2023
Nonny95:

Which Hamas?

The ones asking the world through Gaza residents for ceasefire. Lmao.

By the way, how do you end insecurity by treating insurgents with kids gloves.

Didn't you see a video of Terrorists holding Meeting with the army and Army still denied the event?

Does that show an Administration ready to work?

Answer the question

Like Jesus would say " I will answer your question in details when you answer mine" , so back to my initial question has hamas been exterminated ?is gaza now terrorist free ? Have isreal sent in ground troops to take over ? Has the military exercise ended?
This was how Russia " rushed" into Ukraine thinking it will be over in 3 weeks , its over a year and we are still in a war crises .
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by BigIyanga: 3:45am On Oct 21, 2023
Ttalk:

The more you talk on the economy the more you sound stupid.

Borrowing to defend the naira by Buhari when Nigeria's economy is import-dependent was the best thing? Many of you are simply lazy to think
So borrowing to share $2bn to poor Nigerians via political cronies who have submitted fictitious names is a better economic plan?

IE FX rate is still N780/$1 while black market is still N1100/$1… so govt is still paying to save $$$
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Felix6: 3:52am On Oct 21, 2023
If by chance Obi gets to serve this country someday and somehow the economic gloom, naira nose dive, inflation etc continues; how are the Obidients going to react?
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by BigIyanga: 4:00am On Oct 21, 2023
Felix6:
If by chance Obi gets to serve this country someday and somehow the economic gloom, naira nose dive, inflation etc continues; how are the Obidients going to react?
From 2015-23=8yrs, dollar has risen against from 1999 to 1200=.. 600%.,, and you have kept cool
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Felix6: 4:43am On Oct 21, 2023
BigIyanga:

From 2015-23=8yrs, dollar has risen against from 1999 to 1200=.. 600%.,, and you have kept cool
I'm not pro apc. I have always rooted for PO or any other reasonable, vibrant and intelligent Nigerian. Not all these carcass. But I am just saying with the huge expectations, and things doesn't fall in place early enough.
Re: Peter Obi's Old Tweet On How He'd Tackle Inflation Resurfaces As Nigerians Groan by Godfullsam(m): 5:11am On Oct 21, 2023
JOemmy:
Is it not very clear now who really won the election? Am yet to see tweets like these boasting of voting for tinibu.

You are very correct. Obi actually won the election.

HE WON IT ON TWITTER grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FLOOD: My Horrifying Encounter With Victims- Gov Uduaghan / What The North Thinks About The Yoruba's. / Supreme Court Reaffirm Wike Mandate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.