Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda (11672 Views)

Governor Radda Joins Military Operation To Rescue Abducted Civilian, Foil Attack / Profile Of Dikko Radda, Katsina Governor-Elect / APC's Dikko Radda Wins Katsina Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Chochovini: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2023
I think I stand with the gov. Except that in Nigeria, the ain will be bastardized. That‘s the problem.
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Curious345: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2023
100% supported ...

Having a gun is the biggest achievemt for any man ...your self protection is your life
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Curious345: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2023
If lagosians own guns , all the agbero will be dead in a week . And Tinubu will be sad
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Westerhoffe(m): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2023
Does anyone have a better solution? 😕
Because all of you are busy bashing him now.
Someone goes to the arms markets, buys some, comes back to start killing your civilians, pillage, rape, burn and kidnap because he knows your security is next to zero and you're armless and harmless and very much defenseless against him.

And all you guys were able to do is bash him?
Please profer a better solution besides State Police.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by LONEWOLFJOHN: 7:19am On Oct 21, 2023
wittywriter:
Infantile suggestion from a Vagabond IN POWER!

Nonstop Nonsense from a security votes money collector.

Mweeetz...Governor Radda Rada ...if you know you know.

Wittyness.
see one bandit operating without resistance, we need Israel approach in this country
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Akaegwu(m): 7:31am On Oct 21, 2023
That's the way to go. You arm the communities with good guns which they keep in different locations within their area. The community leaders know all their people and those in charge of the guns.
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by lonelydora: 7:32am On Oct 21, 2023
I have been saying this thing for years. Give everyone access to gun, and watch robbery and kidnapping will reduce.
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by bdon123(m): 7:33am On Oct 21, 2023
JASONjnr:
How can a human being suggest this?

I will understand with Benue and Southern Kaduna residents...

Will the young governor withstand the crimes that will take effects if guns are approved to youths in his constituency?

The bullying and killings and stealings, raping and all manner of crimes will be too much for the police to handle.

Sometimes, I wonder what these people smoke...!

Same way the lawmakers will go into recess and resume with stupid laws.
If guns are approved ,still only f rich n average will afford it.Meaning i will have my own tifle n cannot be kidnapped frm my home
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by rigarmortis: 7:35am On Oct 21, 2023
All the people bashing him don't know anything. Kidnappers and bandits come to a community of 300 people. Operate for hours and leave with humans. No resistance. Do you think that will be possible if they know they will face at least 200 guns in that community?

Do you think kidnappers would come to an estate in Abuja for example, when they know there are at least 300 guns in that estate?

We all know we don't have police so no one should say strengthen police

Give us the solution is you have.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by JASONjnr(m): 7:37am On Oct 21, 2023
bdon123:

If guns are approved ,still only f rich n average will afford it.Meaning i will have my own tifle n cannot be kidnapped frm my home

And you think the kidnapping you just mention will be happening ones ?

Have you consider your children getting kidnap on their way to school?

Your aged mother and other siblings getting harassed by people with guns?

Have you even thought of people who will be hungry and staring at the guns in their hands and wondering what they should do with it? Instead of going to look for a paying job?
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by NaijaCrusader: 7:38am On Oct 21, 2023
Government still hasn't taken insecurity serious or probably like people suggest apart of government is involved in this insecurity and have things they are benefitting from it.
Quote me anywhere the total number of people that are causing insecurity all across the country and that is including Boko Haram,ISIS, Unknown gunmen,IPOB/ESN or whatever you call them and even thieves are not up to 500 in number in the whole country,please how can a serious government not face this minority with a police force of over 300k not to mention Soldiers,Navy, NSCDC and other state security actors . Something is simply not adding up
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:40am On Oct 21, 2023
I tell one of my side chick in Naija that when am coming am getting weapons for protection.she dey shout.she neve know me.its not negotiable.Nigeria is a useless and unsafe country
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by amazingspiderma: 7:41am On Oct 21, 2023
This is the best solution to insecurity.

By extension, ballot box snatching will stop.

However it must be supported by strong law on abuse and citizen education on human right to live and defend ones self.

I support this, please pass the law soon as possible.
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by bdon123(m): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2023
JASONjnr:

And you think the kidnapping you just mention will be happening ones ?

Have you consider your children getting kidnap on their way to school?

Your aged mother and other siblings getting harassed by people with guns?
The people hungry can never afford to buy gun.i live in d north n kidnapping takes place frm ur home not on d road to market.kidnappers hav gotten do bold that they notify a community to prepare for their coming.imagine if 10 people hav AK in that community...can they do that?

Have you even thought of people who will be hungry and staring at the guns in their hands and wondering what they should do with it? Instead of going to look for a paying job?
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by JimD(m): 7:44am On Oct 21, 2023
Most of these governors themselves are armed to the teeth. If you think one police or soldier will save you from terrorists in Nigeria, your mumu knows no bounds
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by caye(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2023
Slaves are talking...
Many of the commentators here are slaves either to the Araby or Israeli.

Slave minds.

--------–_--------_-------------
The only thing that can stop a bad man with a gun is a disciplined good man with a bigger gun.
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Nolevel666: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2023
JASONjnr:
How can a human being suggest this?

I will understand with Benue and Southern Kaduna residents...

Will the young governor withstand the crimes that will take effects if guns are approved to youths in his constituency?

The bullying and killings and stealings, raping and all manner of crimes will be too much for the police to handle.

Sometimes, I wonder what these people smoke...!

Same way the lawmakers will go into recess and resume with stupid laws.

Omo if everybody get gun for this country arm robbers go think twice before they rob

Might take a while for everyone to adjust

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by JASONjnr(m): 7:51am On Oct 21, 2023
bdon123:

The people hungry can never afford to buy gun.i live in d north n kidnapping takes place frm ur home not on d road to market.kidnappers hav gotten so bold that they notify a community to prepare for their coming.imagine if 10 people hav AK in that community...can they do that?

Who told you that hungry people can't afford buying a gun?

Do you know what hunger can lead a man into?

Talking about terrorist group information 5he community of their coming.... This is empowered by the government of that state.

The government is fully aware of the crimes that happen in every community and they decide to do nothing about it.

But giving guns to the people to fight back is trying to cause war that lives and properties will be affected.

Rather, the governor 9f that state should be held responsible for whatever crimes that he's neglecting to interfere.
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by JASONjnr(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2023
Nolevel666:

Omo if everybody get gun for this country arm robbers go think twice before they rob

And you think that the people with the guns won't turn armed robbers? And increasing crimes in the state?

Do you know what guns can do?

The people that will go and get odeshi to support their criminal acts will suppass the people using the guns for defence.

You think you can do police work?

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 21, 2023
Nigeria will become another African warlord state. Robbery, murder and kidnapping rates in the entire country will quintuple
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Truetalk3139: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2023
I doubt people condemning this idea have sense at all.

How will death rate increase?
If we all have guns will you suddenly attack me when you know I will shoot back at you or people nearby will shoot back at you?

This is the best thing to do to reduce the crime rate in the country, PERIOD!
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Sk5050: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2023
Exceed15:
I see sense in his submission o. Criminals can freely buy gun to kill you but you cannot get one to defend yourself. What gives bandits /robbers confidence to attack you is because they know you are not armed. However we defensive mechanism should be adopted.
I see reasons with him too one can't fold hands and allow someone to kill your family it happened cos you're defenseless.
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Sk5050: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2023
Nolevel666:

Exactly
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Day169: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2023
Hehehe.. "oro buruku pelerin"!
We may record positive results initially but might end up with a 'planet of the apes' scenario, eventually. undecided
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Truetalk3139: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Does anyone have a better solution? 😕
Because all of you are busy bashing him now.
Someone goes to the arms markets, buys some, comes back to start killing your civilians, pillage, rape, burn and kidnap because he knows your security is next to zero and you're armless and harmless and very much defenseless against him.

And all you guys were able to do is bash him?
Please profer a better solution besides State Police.

I tire for them o

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by victorazyvictor(m): 8:15am On Oct 21, 2023
Rada rada man
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Blackdisciple(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2023
Katsina State Governor, Dikko Umaru Radda, wants the Federal Government to allow individuals to buy and own weapons such as AK-47 rifles and RPGs for self-defence.

I love this one and I pray the motion is passed and approved so that I go get money buy for my mum dad and siblings in Jos....
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Minime10(f): 8:36am On Oct 21, 2023
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by caye(m): 8:37am On Oct 21, 2023
carolingian79:
Nigeria will become another African warlord state. Robbery, murder and kidnapping rates in the entire country will quintuple

Without gun access, Nigeria is already becoming a warlord geographical location.

What do you think have been happening since 2005 ( Niger-Delta, Borno, Zamfara and Katsina)?
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Charx122: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2023
Re: Insecurity: Govt Should Allow Nigerians To Buy AK-47 – Governor Radda by Bigchristo: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2023
Esther125:

https://.ng/2023/10/20/insecurity-govt-should-allow-nigerians-to-buy-ak-47-gov-radda/
Since the security agencies can’t guarantee the safety of Nigerians everyone need to resolve to self defense, all these killings will stop by the time herdsmen try to invade communities and get instant fire back they will learn in a hard way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Should Know If Arrested While Protesting In Nigeria #occupynigeria / Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi / Ekiti PDP Gubernatorial Candidate's Frustration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.