Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola (6316 Views)

Sagay: PDP Lawyers Deserve Supreme Court Fine, Not Afe Babalola, Olanipekun / Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million / Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by SmartyPants(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
Danegun777:
cool

Are Afe Babalola made all he has today representing FG as Public Notary , International Lawyer

Only God knows the deal Obasanjo and Afe Babalola made with Cameroun to trade off Bakassi Peninsula

That deal was made by Gowon if i recall correctly. Obasanjo actually fought it but the ICJ decided against Nigeria and France was ready to attack us to enforce it.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by gudugudumeje: 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
And AFĘ BABALØLA as chief and thriver of "LET'S ENJOY THE Nigeria ROT TO RNRICH OURSELVES First" elites of the eras up to year 2015 - is one major promoter of destructive, damaging poor quality constitution in operation - the prevailing very poor quality political leadership in Nigeria ruining. Pinto.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by hotseat: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
The stark reality is that we all can't be politicians.

Afe Babalola is however not far from the truth.

Political offices are avenues for feathering one's nest and not for service.

Polithiefians no reason you o!

Just imagine,in this difficult times, the NASS is about to purchase SUVs worth N160m each in order for members to carryout oversight functions.

Politics na business/investment and one must get returns on investment.

Truth hurts!
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Rostikol: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2023
Lanre1st:

No large scale business you can do in Nigeria can last 5years without having backing of politicians. Do you think Dangote are making it because he Master business rules? Even as a lecturer you can not become HOD without being in poliitics

What do you term “large scale business”?

You don’t need a “large scale business” to be successful in Nigeria.

Do you know there are women selling in Balogun market that send their kids to school abroad?

What about all the traders in Alaba that have built exotic mansions in their villages?

What about all the different companies you see lining the streets, from accountants to insurance to estate agents to car showrooms, banks, private schools, law firms, furniture makers, restaurants, hotels, boutiques, gyms, etc etc?

These people are raking in millions of naira a month and you are here talking rubbish.

DON’T GO AND FIND CORRECT BUSINESS TO START. BE TALKING RUBBISH ABOUT POLITICIANS.

MSSHEEWW.

I know of one 26 year old girl that came in from UK and started one small place in Surulere to make furniture. The girl said it was the best decision she ever made. Her Naija parents were against her move to Nigeria, but she ignored them.

Today she is expanding and just making huge profits in Lagos.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Greattha: 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2023
Word!!!
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by AskProf: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
Zitacool:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
0[/color][color=dark]801
G.TBank
My name is Angela Oyom. Almighty God bless you and your family

Are you cursed?

Angel, Angela, Uyom, Oyom, Faith S H, Blessing, Shiando, Angell, Ubi etc is the same and one person, a MALE.

You are ANTHONY M. OKEKE, the scammer, thief, impostor with 10 years experience and 260 monikers.

You operate 18 bank accounts in UBA, Fidelity, First Bank, Kuda, Union Bank, GTB, Stanbic, Opay etc.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by uuzba(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2023
Rostikol:
Nigerians and careless statements.

So all the millions of mansions and exotic cars across the country are owned by politicians. No business people, no professionals. Just politicians.

A legal mind of his stature making such a careless remark is unbecoming.
Businesses connected to politics.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by viodemus: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2023
So true.

That's why every generation leans towards criminality and no vast wisdom or foresight.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Evolutionism: 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2023
Only Chronic MuMus wouldn't know this.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by patrickcollins: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
Rostikol:
Nigerians and careless statements.

So all the millions of mansions and exotic cars across the country are owned by politicians. No business people, no professionals. Just politicians.

A legal mind of his stature making such a careless remark is unbecoming.
He made a salient point and you are only blabbing, politics in Nigeria has become self servicing and avenue for amassing our common resources
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by dhope: 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2023
Rostikol:

YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH.

HOW MANY RICH POLITICIANS ARE THERE IN NIGERIA?

ARE THEY EVEN UP TO 2,000?

YOU PEOPLE LACK STATISTICAL SENSE.

THIS COUNTRY OF 220 MILLION PEOPLE IS FILLED WITH TENS OF MILLIONS OF PROSPEROUS PEOPLE.

99% OF THEM ARE NOT POLITICIANS AND HAVE NO CONNECTION TO POLITICIANS.

FACT.

SO ANYONE THAT SAYS “POLITICS IS THE ONLY PROFITABLE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA” IS AN ILLITERATE TALKING RUBBISH.

Since you have fact of your information, bring out your source of fact here about 99% wealthy ones without political connection. You're only typing according to your level of knowledge. Those who understand how things work in Nigeria will know what Afe Babalola said. Take your time to avail yourself of necessary information and knowledge before commenting on issues on public forum.
Afe is a man that has romanced with political bigwigs in this country for a long time and he sees what you don't see beyond his nose.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by gabbasin: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2023
Baba Afé Babalola too make a lot of money when Obasanjo was in power, he was Obj's lawyer and made a whole lot of money, apart from politicians,judges and lawyers especially senior ones are the main beneficiaries of this republic that started from 1999. If you doubt me, ask lawyers like Ozekhome how much he worth in 1999 compared with now. Politicians pay them humongous amount of money from the public purse to defend them in court especially on cases of election petitions and anti corruption allegations. Even lawyers help governors to launder money. Billions was paid into a former NBA chairman from a state government covers, when EFCC discovered this, the lawyer claimed the money was paid to him based on the legal services rendered the state government. But no verifiable legal service he rendered the state, the money was paid to his account to launder for the governor. Democracy in Nigeria is a windfall for politicians and lawyers but a curse to the commoners

3 Likes

Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by BigIyanga: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2023
Wealth without enterprize
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Elibaba1: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
dhope:

Since you have fact of your information, bring out your source of fact here about 99% wealthy ones without political connection. You're only typing according to your level of knowledge. Those who understand how things work in Nigeria will know what Afe Babalola said. Take your time to avail yourself of necessary information and knowledge before commenting on issues on public forum.
Afe is a man that has romanced with political bigwigs in this country for a long time and he sees what you don't see beyond his nose.

You dey mind am? He doesn’t even know that every sector is politicized in Nigeria. You must be connected or aligned to the powerful politicians for you to even get recommendations for juicy contracts for your business. As a business man don’t align with the Governor in the state where you business is domiciled na. Your eyes go see shege!
Make him go ask Dangote Wetin him eye see for Ogbajana under Yahaya Bello or if to say he dey disregard Tinubu or the successive governments that came after him in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Munzy14(m): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
Long ago av ditched taking advise from some soo called advanced and experienced men..
Like Baba Afe and co..
Theses are people who made money from being attached to politics directly or Indirectly.

They become depressed or hostile, when you have figured and followed through the path they made use of to acquire wealth.

If I see that chemist guy, I go buy am one chilled stout(Mortuary standard), for thinking out of the box.

You cannever become wealthy by being a conventional minded person.. Just think out of the box.

1 Like

Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
Munzy14:
Long ago av ditched taking advise from some soo called advanced and experienced men..
Like Baba Afe and co..
Theses are people who made money from being attached to politics directly or Indirectly.

They become depressed or hostile, when you have figured and followed through the path they made use of to acquire wealth.

If I see that chemist guy, I go buy am one chilled stout(Mortuary standard), for thinking out of the box.

You cannever become wealthy by being a conventional minded person.. Just think out of the box.

Is he saying his law and education businesses aren’t making him huge profits?
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Sirianese: 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kuginzi:
By Nosakhale Akhimien

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/10/21/politics-is-the-only-lucrative-business-in-nigeria-says-afe-babalola/

This old crook should remind us again, how many billions did he make when he defended Obasanjo's fraudulent election that year?

Bastard
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by obaidan: 12:01am On Oct 23, 2023
Afe had Obasanjo's ears, did he tell Obasanjo this or he only realized this after his number 1 benefactor Obasanjo left power
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Sirianese: 12:02am On Oct 23, 2023
dhope:

Don't argue with that worthless ape
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by MSesan: 6:42am On Oct 23, 2023
You forgot to mention church too.....
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by orisa37: 7:17am On Oct 23, 2023
CORRUPTION IS. CORRUPTION IS SYNONYMOUS WITH POLITICS IN NIGERIA.

BOKOHARAM IS COMING BACK.
MRS ABACHA IS COMING BACK.
AL MUSTAPHA IS COMING BACK.
BOKOHARAM IS KILLING PEOPLE IN THE SW.
FG IS NOW BUDGETING FOR BOKOHARAM.
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by Charly68: 9:04am On Oct 23, 2023
So sad a submission
Re: Politics Is The Only Lucrative Business In Nigeria, Says Afe Babalola by yunus22: 9:38am On Oct 23, 2023
SmartyPants:

That deal was made by Gowon if i recall correctly. Obasanjo actually fought it but the ICJ decided against Nigeria and France was ready to attack us to enforce it.
good morning sir please did you remember me?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Politics And Religion / Fellow Nigerians, Abubakar Shekau Is Dead-graphic & Visual Evidence. / Court Admits 7 Exhibits Against Babachir, Rejects 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.