Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi (22610 Views)

Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / 'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by SIRmanjar(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
This lunatic should be rearrested seems she didn't learn any lesson

How dare u criticize one product and hype another in the name of review
She is better of dead.Her type is an amebo type always talking nonsense
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by ridwintin89(m): 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
She is a big fool,Why making videos to degenerate someone business.If you have a complaints,reach out to Nafdac or stop buying the products.
Don't make a message that can buried a multimillionaire business and making many people jobless.
Big fool She is.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by SIRmanjar(m): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
Inyaky:
That thing isn't tomato, some one bought it for my mom for Christmas, she opened it and use half and the next day the color changed, plus it's not tomatoes that is inside but grounded corn or semo mixed with color and sugar, I was the one that threw the rubbish away. How can tomatoes paste have residues, it's rough and you could tell it's not tomatoe paste.

Before you disagree with the woman, buy it and see for yourself

I bought it and used it.Its a good product

Infact I enjoy using it. it's made by a Nigerian for Nigeria and Africa

U can't luv every product but don't come online to kill any product in the name of review
As coke be some pipu no like am,dem prefer Pepsi.U can't luv every product

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by DesChyko: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2023
xtervaganza:
..where she crossed the line was when she accused the product of killing people

Guess who also crossed the line 😌

For a comment to be considered defamation, such statement would cause the following:

-Be untrue;
-Be visible to multiple people – such as posted in an online forum;
-Lower the complainant’s estimation of right-thinking members of society generally;
-Cause serious harm or financial damages.

Does the comment by Erisco Foods as published in Vanguard do any or all of these four things above to any imported tomato brand? If yes, then you have your answer.

To be frank, if her ordeal is just like she narrated, Erisco foods crossed many lines without consequence

3 Likes

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by LyfeJennings(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
emmabest2000:

You that has a bad heart
Go kill her nao

WEREY

Na U sabi

WEREY NI IYA E
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by LyfeJennings(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Daystar7:

You're very useless... I hope ur parents know that

ur mummy and daddy are useless
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Angelfrost(m): 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
SoNature:
It's beginning to look like this lady just loves to chase clout.

While there might be some truth in her statement, yeah you are right.

Then again... Apart from clout chasing, what else do most ladies do on social media?! tongue
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by LyfeJennings(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
Styluss:
lol, shee dis mumu, should be dead because of a negative review?
why u mumu like this?

Ur father is stupid
if U know what negative reviews are, the U would know this isnt one of them
she was out to kill that company
do U know how many people would loose their livelihood if that business go down
U self suppose die because of your stupid comment grin
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by LyfeJennings(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
bunnae:

What a shame. Kpai her or cut her leg because of review. Have you always gained satisfaction from everything you spent your money on?

You nor even consider if there are others that have used same product and felt the same way.

What if this lady saves people last last from a harmful product?

No i havent but it's not enough reason to go on Live Tv and spew nonsense
whats the evidence she used the product gangan
Do U know what it means to build a brand
Hmmmmmm
I stand on what i said
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Advancedman(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
SoNature:

People were busy abusing me about my comment on her arrest.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by LyfeJennings(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
wittywriter:

Spotted...imbeciles like you are why companies keep been substandard.

Animal...so arresting her isn't enough...SMH

Wittyness.

YOUR MUMMY AND DADDY ARE BOTH IMBECILES
U WILL BURY UR KIDS
ARRESTING HER ISNT ENOUGH
DEM SUPPOSE DO AM STRONG THING

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by sisisioge: 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hmmmmm....she boldly tried to sabotage the company's brand, got arrested and charged to court but turned around to claim threat to life. Wey your proof? This will make your case hotter by the time this gets to court and their legal team that's been collecting salary finally get work to do. I hope Oga Falana will be kind to take your case. Saboteur grin

When you get your business, be kind to those that want to ruin it.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Doubleoh7: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
Pepperdemisback:

She said they should stop killing people with the product, which means people have been killed but she said it was her first time of buying it. Why did she not post that comment?
There is nothing, absolutely nothing criminal in anything she said. Even if she said she saw someone die from consuming the product, the worst you can do is to raise a civil case against her and not criminalise the lady as if she's a terrorist. And I maintain, most of our indigenous companies can't even survive criticism., instead of rolling out intense PR that will not only disprove what the lady alleged but also win more customers over for them, they choose to intimidate her with Nigerian police that can commit murder for the right price. I will like to see how their sales has fared ever since they started this battle with the lady

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Loyalty1: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2023
LyfeJennings:
To be honest,
U should have been dead since but U lucky that man has a good heart
You are demon
Get a life
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by AkumTemi: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
DesChyko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSGsiRfVwn4?si=am37adPl_U9qzLex

In a 10-minute video shared with Sahara Reporters, Chioma Egodi, (who gave a negative review of Nagiko paste which she used, one of Erisco's tomato products in the market), shared the threat to life, made to her by the company boss.

In the video, she also shared how she was detained and released on the grounds that she signed a pre-prepared letter under duress, as against her own statement of what really happened, as the only condition with which she would be released.

Under pressure from everyone, including her husband, she had to sign that letter and spent some time in the hospital recuperating, before she went back home.

The lady is just looking for attention and money that she will never get from Chief Umeofia, she should go and sit down jare.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by sammiewrite(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
She still has not learnt her lesson. She accused Erisco of selling a killer product without evidence. Here in this interview, she is also making another accusation, again without evidence. Like, what is even the point of this interview? In all of this though, it is her family I pity. The first option is off the table so I hope they are prepared for royal litigations. Or, it is not too late; they can reign her in now because people like her will never stop...they are like what Newton described in one of his laws of motion.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by EcoNews: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
Would you be saying say to all the fools maligning Dangote or just imagine of it was Dangote that was threatening her with death will this be your comment ?!

May hypocrisy hate n jealousy no kill your entire tribe.

SoNature:
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by sylve11: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
Infobase101:
So many poisons being packaged in different forms out there in the market. People are dying of different sicknesses courtesy of what we consume in the name of packaged foods, spices and seasonings.

Our so called NAFDAC and SON are practically sleeping.

Corruption has destroyed our country.
😭😭😭

Those ones get anything to offer? sad cool

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by SIRmanjar(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
sammiewrite:
She still has not learnt her lesson. She accused Erisco of selling a killer product without evidence. Here in this interview, she is also making another accusation, again without evidence. Like, what is even the point of this interview? In all of this though, it is her family I pity. The first option is off the table so I hope they are prepared for royal litigations. Or, it is not too late; they can reign her in now because people like her will never stop...they are like what Newton described in one of his laws of motion.

I swear govt and the company should use her as scapegoat for others to learn one or two tinz
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by ponishah: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2023
DesChyko:

In a 10-minute video shared with Sahara Reporters, Chioma Egodi, (who gave a negative review of Nagiko paste which she used, one of Erisco's tomato products in the market), shared the threat to life, made to her by the company boss.

In the video, she also shared how she was detained and released on the grounds that she signed a pre-prepared letter under duress, as against her own statement of what really happened, as the only condition with which she would be released.

Under pressure from everyone, including her husband, she had to sign that letter and spent some time in the hospital recuperating, before she went back home.
NAGIKO attacking her implies that the product is bad, I MEAN REALLY BAD AND THEY ARE HIDING IT.
AS FOR ME, BECAUSE OF THIS THEIR NONESENSE ATTITUDE, I WILL NEVER COSUME NAGIKO TOMATOES AND ALL THEIR PRODUCTS, I WILL CONTINUE TO DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM USING NAGIKO.

Unless company, So if the Nsgiko boss was the owner of Coca-Cola, he would have assassinated CR7 for what he did to Coca-Cola bottle at a press conference watched by billions of people worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by SocialJustice: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2023
SoNature:
How is she chasing clout?
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by BarrElChapo(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2023
wittywriter:

Spotted...imbeciles like you are why companies keep been substandard.

Animal...so arresting her isn't enough...SMH

Wittyness.

It seems comprehension is hard for you, cos I don’t know why you’re quoting me. If you didn’t understand my post you can ask not interpret nonsense.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by codeKart(m): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Judolisco:
how do u want them to go about it sir

They had so many options:
1) Ignore. The only reason most people even heard about the incident is because the woman was arrested
2) Apologize and offer to do better. Or even send her a replacement can. That's how most brands in the West deal with issues like this
3) Sue her. I wouldnt advise this because what she said was not even that bad, but they could have instructed their lawyers to send her a cease 7 desist letter or take her to court.

Do you know how much bad stuff people say about brands? Look at Coke for instance. Every other day there's someone talking about how its not good for humans or how it can be used to wash toilet etc. Why Coke no go dey arrest everybody?

Erisco can only do this because we're in Nigeria. Anywhere else this type of behavior would not even happen

3 Likes

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Prettychild(f): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
DesChyko:

This lady should go and rest
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by kentokay71: 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
that is what happen when at everymoment anything happen, your rush to the social media and start writting no more secret, see your life now
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by SIRmanjar(m): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Doubleoh7:

There is nothing, absolutely nothing criminal in anything she said. Even if she said she saw someone die from consuming the product, the worst you can do is to raise a civil case against her and not criminalise the lady as if she's a terrorist. And I maintain, most of our indigenous companies can't even survive criticism., instead of rolling out intense PR that will not only disprove what the lady alleged but also win more customers over for them, they choose to intimidate her with Nigerian police that can commit murder for the right price. I will like to see how their sales has fared ever since they started this battle with the lady
She is a terrorist and should be treated brutally like one
She wants to terrorize a company creating hundreds of jobs for youths in this harsh economy.Stupid lady
What will she gain if the company folds up and hundreds of our abled youth return to the labor market hungry,then the crazy girl will blame government for lack of job but here is a man playing his roll and the crazy witch wants to bring him down
She should be rearrested immediately na economic terrorist she be
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by alizma: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
SoNature:
Chase which clout if she is out to chase clout, then let the company send out online questionnaires and let's see what the users of that product have to say
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by SIRmanjar(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
codeKart:

They had so many options:
1) Ignore. The only reason most people even heard about the incident is because the woman was arrested
2) Apologize and offer to do better. Or even send her a replacement can. That's how most brands in the West deal with issues like this
3) Sue her. I wouldnt advise this because what she said was not even that bad, but they could have instructed their lawyers to send her a cease 7 desist letter or take her to court.

Do you know how much bad stuff people say about brands? Look at Coke for instance. Every other day there's someone talking about how its not good for humans or how it can be used to wash toilet etc. Why Coke no go dey arrest everybody?

Erisco can only do this because we're in Nigeria. Anywhere else this type of behavior would not even happen

U forgot to add 4

Take her to an expensive eatry buy her shawarma, pizza and a mortuary standard chilled soda.After which u take her to an European standard spa

Walahi the parrot lady deserve an idi Amin treatment.Looking at her u can tell she is a gossip trouble maker
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Styluss: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2023
werey, na ur generation mumu, cos which kin brain u get? Person write negative review for ur product, u dey trethen am!

LyfeJennings:

Ur father is stupid
if U know what negative reviews are, the U would know this isnt one of them
she was out to kill that company
do U know how many people would loose their livelihood if that business go down
U self suppose die because of your stupid comment grin

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Dim08: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2023
She is just chasing clout with her review.

She was a close person to the owner of the company bbased on what I read on Twitter but wanted to spoil their business for God knows why.

That is not how to make a REVIEW of product.

How are we sure her taste bud is good and she will pass basic taste test.

There is an equipment for measuring sugar (refractometer). Did she used the equipment to measure the sugar content and compare with other tomato paste....yes I remember...did she measure the BRIX content of the tomato paste and compare with NAFDAC standard to be sure it was really above specification?

Only facts win in court, not sympathy.

They didn't beg you to buy so why give bad review on a subjective parameter.

While someone is saying sugar is too much, another person will say sugar is ok or not enough. Sensory evaluation is subjective. It can only be made objective when instruments are used.

This is a lesson to people who like to run down other people's businesses.

You can only raise issue on Food Safety issue, not food quality.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by jceesquare(m): 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
A friend of mine went to prison because he sent a message to one of the tomatoes paste company complaining about his bad experience with the product. Instead of the company to take his feedback and work on it, they framed him up and sent the poor guy to prison.
I totally believe this story.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Clout chasing thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics / Recipe For Chin Chin / Breaking News:chocola Royal Is Sealed By Nafdac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.