Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi (22605 Views)

Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / 'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by waice6571: 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
She's working for the money she has gotten from the competitors. Had it been she's not mentioning other competitors products in her supposed unsolicited review, it would have been a different case.

Dirty job to kill someone's life investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by zumbigbo(m): 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
LyfeJennings:
To be honest,
U should have been dead since but U lucky that man has a good heart

Dead for wetin? You are the kind of person, japa should be illegal for, your brain process is local.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by yommen: 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
SoNature:
It's beginning to look like this lady just loves to chase clout.

When MOHBAD was complaining fearfully that some people were after his life, no body paid attention. He further petitioned the police but they did nothing. Now the young man is late and we are now clamouring for 'justice 4 mohbad' when something ought to have been done when he was crying for help.

Now this lady is clamouring now, useless people like you are saying she is chasing clout. Is it until she also dies(God forbids) that you will now start seeking justice for her? Stupid Nigerian man.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by xtervaganza(m): 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
NOwazobia:
That could be defended, and she uses it as a defence when the family of company came for her head.

Killing she used is in the continuous term.

What she meant as tantrum to defend herself against her attackers was the gradual degeneration of bodily tissues with excessive consumption of sugar, and other related ingredients.
I understand baba

Hope they resolve it sha.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by xtervaganza(m): 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
DesChyko:

Guess who also crossed the line 😌

For a comment to be considered defamation, such statement would cause the following:

-Be untrue;
-Be visible to multiple people – such as posted in an online forum;
-Lower the complainant’s estimation of right-thinking members of society generally;
-Cause serious harm or financial damages.

Does the comment by Erisco Foods as published in Vanguard do any or all of these four things above to any imported tomato brand? If yes, then you have your answer.

To be frank, if her ordeal is just like she narrated, Erisco foods crossed many lines without consequence
you're right. Make Dem resolve am. Good thing she's free now
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Drella(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
Chinjo2:
Clout chaser. She must have been paid by competitors. This is how we destroy our own made in Nigeria product.

Oga Erisco next time please put bitter leaf for the tomatoes maybe she will love it.

If I may ask, is tomato paste suppose to be bitter or sour?

Una get luck say she no sabi her right.
She should have sued the sugary developers' tomato paste company and the Nigerian police force for curtailing her freedom of speech and expression.

Ndi ara
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by RALPHOW(m): 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
I pray nothing happens to this lady.
The way things are going Mohbad maybe a child play.
Powerful people should know that life has changed, this is age of social media.
Youths will not accept rubbish from anyone again.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Xpol: 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
Almost all tomato paste brands have sugar. Some even list sugar in the content.

Taste a raw tomato and compare it with different brands of paste...
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Charisma01: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2023
LyfeJennings:
To be honest,
U should have been dead since but U lucky that man has a good heart

You are very stupid.
If it's another country, the company would've apologized to her and made up for it by compensating her.
Their action and this your develish statement just reinforces the statement the Nigeria is a crime scene.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by byteem: 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
DesChyko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSGsiRfVwn4?si=am37adPl_U9qzLex

In a 10-minute video shared with Sahara Reporters, Chioma Egodi, (who gave a negative review of Nagiko paste which she used, one of Erisco's tomato products in the market), shared the threat to life, made to her by the company boss.

In the video, she also shared how she was detained and released on the grounds that she signed a pre-prepared letter under duress, as against her own statement of what really happened, as the only condition with which she would be released.

Under pressure from everyone, including her husband, she had to sign that letter and spent some time in the hospital recuperating, before she went back home.

Welcome to Nigeria the mafia state

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by BOOZELEE: 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
RALPHOW:

My friend will u keep quiet.Any small tin mohbad.If poor person find rich man trouble and Dem take action next tin na to mention mohbad
That we are in social media age doesn't give one the right to go around looking for trouble
If u price u collect

2 Likes

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Yankee101: 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
Avoid diabetes, high bp and cancer, grind your own fresh tomatoes
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Tochj(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
Lordsonn:
All Nigerians should avoid Erisco food
Which one did you produce?

2 Likes

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Tochj(m): 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
RALPHOW:
The so called youths should first hold leaders who has destroyed their future responsible.
Instead they're divided by Tribalism and Religion.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by micflo28(m): 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Normally na NAFDAC boss suppose dey police cell. Who approved the diabetic tomatoes?
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by 1972xy: 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
pek:
Ignorance is indeed a disease. Sugar is used in preservation. And FYI, it is tomatoes mix she bought and not tomatoes paste.
You are right. Ignorance is indeed a disease. I am learning for the first time that people like you cook with Sugar. I only know salt for cooking .
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Salawum1: 4:31am On Oct 24, 2023
You're a disgrace. If you want to do a review do it honestly. After doing a biased review you're now looking for public sympathy. Pathetic girl

2 Likes

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by pek(m): 6:59am On Oct 24, 2023
1972xy:
You are right. Ignorance is indeed a disease. I am learning for the first time that people like you cook with Sugar. I only know salt for cooking .
You are bigger than this. Google is free.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by pek(m): 7:11am On Oct 24, 2023
This lady is seeking attention. She is more interested in the number of people flocking to her page. Most of this so called content creators are liars. All they do is post fake or unrelated videos and tag it something else
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by emmyN(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2023
Doubleoh7:
Nigeria, everything about the country is designed to oppress those in the lower rungs of the societal ladder. Someone gave a review of your product that you don't like and the next thing is to use security agencies to harass and detain them

She said the product was killing people. That's not a review but an attack.

1 Like

Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Doubleoh7: 10:41am On Oct 24, 2023
emmyN:

She said the product was killing people. That's not a review but an attack.
And assuming this is an 'attack', what made it criminal to warrant what she has been subjected to by Erisco? My point is, how the company responded to this is so wrong in many fronts. Innoson had a recent similar attack by one guy on twitter, how all the IVM vehicles his father bought have all packed up. IVM only had to reach out to the guy to come substantiate his claims and guess what, he backtracked and deleted all tweets and claimed he was hacked. There was no need to arrest and harrass the guy with security agents. Sometime ago, can't remember which year was that, indomie had similar attack launched, claiming then that a young guy died immediately after consuming their noodles. They followed it up immediately, even asked the family to please conduct autopsy on the guy, started doing public shows of cooking and consuming indomie noodled, today they are still standing strong with their brand. No be everything be giri die. Unfortunately, Mr Erisco lacks tact and seems to either surround himself with only praise singers or just the usual stubborn head traders that won't heed to advise
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by BuyMeBanger: 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
Antoeni:
Call Your IPOB Brother to come to Your Defence
You're such an idiot, my God. With all the church and mosque Nigerians are always running to but yet we are one of the most hateful people on the planet. How can anyone justify this because one gave a bad review no matter what was stated in said review.
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Pepperdemisback: 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2023
Doubleoh7:

There is nothing, absolutely nothing criminal in anything she said. Even if she said she saw someone die from consuming the product, the worst you can do is to raise a civil case against her and not criminalise the lady as if she's a terrorist. And I maintain, most of our indigenous companies can't even survive criticism., instead of rolling out intense PR that will not only disprove what the lady alleged but also win more customers over for them, they choose to intimidate her with Nigerian police that can commit murder for the right price. I will like to see how their sales has fared ever since they started this battle with the lady
Can you listen to yourself? Nothing criminal I accusing someone of murder your didn't see? They are pressing a charge already! There's what you call constructive criticism, you can criticize without bringing someone down or hurting him.
I repeat, why is she hiding all the posts where she was arguing with people that a product she never used is killing people?
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by Pepperdemisback: 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
Doubleoh7:

And assuming this is an 'attack', what made it criminal to warrant what she has been subjected to by Erisco? My point is, how the company responded to this is so wrong in many fronts. Innoson had a recent similar attack by one guy on twitter, how all the IVM vehicles his father bought have all packed up. IVM only had to reach out to the guy to come substantiate his claims and guess what, he backtracked and deleted all tweets and claimed he was hacked. There was no need to arrest and harrass the guy with security agents. Sometime ago, can't remember which year was that, indomie had similar attack launched, claiming then that a young guy died immediately after consuming their noodles. They followed it up immediately, even asked the family to please conduct autopsy on the guy, started doing public shows of cooking and consuming indomie noodled, today they are still standing strong with their brand. No be everything be giri die. Unfortunately, Mr Erisco lacks tact and seems to either surround himself with only praise singers or just the usual stubborn head traders that won't heed to advise
What's this one saying? The person said he was hacked, did this one said she was hacked? She engaged people in argument and insisting on what she said. Why is she hiding those posts?
Do you know the damage that caused Indomie? Do you know how many people lost their jobs? Do you know that was when other noodles sprang up and made their names? Do you know the kind of losses incurred. So, if you are poisoned with rice, the rice company is responsible?
Re: Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi by emmyN(m): 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
Doubleoh7:

You can't dictate to him how to respond. Defamation is still a criminal offence and that lady did just that. He chose to take the channel of the law by reporting to the police, which is justifiable. If she was maltreated or assaulted while in custody, her dispute should be with the police, not Erisco. We get away with too much, that is why every Jack and Jane can come online to write things they can't substantiate just to have a field day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics / Recipe For Chin Chin / Breaking News:chocola Royal Is Sealed By Nafdac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.