Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week (18506 Views)

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? / A Week After We Got Married. / He Is Asking For Financial Help Barely A Week After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by SaLongs1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
grin[center][/center] That is wickedness!
ManishSmith:
Fast for the whole week..... break the fasting with fruits and water
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by ItisWell22(f): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
ManishSmith:
Fast for the whole week..... break the fasting with fruits and water

A beautiful suggestion. 👏

But decreased productivity, due to hunger. 😢

It is well…

2 Likes

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by nabiz(m): 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:
Pls i need genuine answers

Coz economy is frowning like dis

As a student how can 5k be managed for feeding only in a week ?

What scope can be used to save cost ?
the best way to survive with that amount is to befriend a local indigenous urgly girl around your school. The girl will provide food stuff for you till you graduate. Please be careful so that you don't give her belle oo also don't promise her marriage but alway care for her will sweet sweet word. Also learn to nack her very well. Do this you will thank me later. Infact you will use your 5k to drink bear. You just reminded me those school days.

3 Likes

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by nabiz(m): 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
fineboynl:
Once you step out from your house. The money will fly like a wind.

Despite the economy. I still believe 5k if well manage properly can go for a week.

Buy meat 1000,
egusi 500,
Obgono 500 and okro 300.
Smoke fish 600.
Use balance buy Garri, Oil, crayfish, ugu leaf. some days you go just buy fufu 200.
Make too much Garri nor blind your eye.

Cut the meat Very little that can go for a week.

Cook Two soup, egusi and draw soup.

Mix the ogbono and okro together.

Borrow money to buy 2kg wheat if you can,

You will need to skip meal like 101 Or 011 even 001.

It will carry you for one week if it's just only you.

Then again other factor need to come in. If you have freezer. Gas, light bills. 5k is no longer money again oh. Hustle hard.
the best way to survive with that amount is to befriend a local indigenous urgly girl around your school. The girl will provide food stuff for you till you graduate. Please be careful so that you don't give her belle oo also don't promise her marriage but alway care for her will sweet sweet word. Also learn to nack her very well. Do this you will thank me later. Infact you will use your 5k to drink bear. You just reminded me those school days.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Karlifate: 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
And that pastor on the front page thread said, "poor people are not on the internet"

So much for god of men cheesy
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by emmykk(m): 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

It can't be manage except you have garri,rice,beans,cooking gas,palmoil,and everything

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by geoworldedu: 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Oil beans 300 from mama put, add water, small maggi and boil. Filter the beans and use the water as soup with fufu 200 in the morning eat the beans with garri in the evening.

Next day buy 2 indomie 300 and fufu 200 add enough water and spices let it be like pepper soup, use the fufu to swallow with the pepper soup in the morning then eat the filtered indomie in the evening.

With these you might end up spending 500 to 600 daily
I can't stop laughing o grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by dododawa1: 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
Bread and beans

And

Pure water

Daily .

Change will remain.

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by dododawa1: 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
nabiz:
what goes around comes

AROUND.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Evolutionism: 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
That part of Stepping Outside is very real and potent.

Only God knows how the thing usually happens. On a normal day when i don't step outside of my house. I usually spend N4000 to N5000 max daily but once i step outside, I mean not an outing, Just normal strolling to take fresh air et all. Before i realize, i would have spent up to N10,000.

That's when i will see one of the young humble lads in my estate who likes to greet me then i will dash him N1000 instantly.

The Young Innocent Vaginarians who haven't open eyes nko? Hugging me here and there Uncle, Uncle, Uncle, They will still bill me still and it is a must i must drop because they know i have a kind heart.

Mama fruit seller will tell me to come and patronize her. Those old women sabi person mumu button too much.

This is the last and the activity that tops it all, The Supermarket and Joint beside/under the Trees with cool breeze nko? N5000 don go like that.

By the time i get back home, I will start lamentinggrin

7 Likes

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by nedekid: 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2023
5k for a week as a student? It cannot even feed you with cassava, garri, ewa, beans and dodooo.
Me that I pay 2 times daily school feeding for my ward, still send minimum 80-100k monthly, e still no reach.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by narite: 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2023
wunmi590:

Tk is enough for you to manage in a week if you are not a heavy spender...

The truth of the matter is, things are expensive these days, but 5k can still be utilised well, provided it only on food and not considering any other things...

It impossible!!! Probably possible 5 to 7 years ago. 10k a week could be manageable for a student.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by MrBroke(m): 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
Is that even possible
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by nedekid: 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
geoworldedu:

I can't stop laughing o grin
Omo, this one pass laughing matter ohh. Lol
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by pansophist(m): 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
Buy a bicycle, and learn to walk a lot, to cut off unnecessary commuting expense.

Cook stew, then replace meat/fish/chicken with eggs. Then buy rice and beans and garri in bulk.

Cut off social life that involve spending, so no beer parlour things, and no tithing. God will understand

Try to supplement your income with jobs that pays you the same day and involve no capital, such as fishing customers to vendors in a market place for commission etc.

Cut off unnecessary burden. You're in survival mode, so any lazy family that is not in their A game, avoid them

If you muse eat out, eat calory densed foods, that will take you long, such as beans, fufu, if possible.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by nedekid: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
fineboynl:
Once you step out from your house. The money will fly like a wind.

Despite the economy. I still believe 5k if well manage properly can go for a week.

Buy meat 1000,
egusi 500,
Obgono 500 and okro 300.
Smoke fish 600.
Use balance buy Garri, Oil, crayfish, ugu leaf. some days you go just buy fufu 200.
Make too much Garri nor blind your eye.

Cut the meat Very little that can go for a week.

Cook Two soup, egusi and draw soup.

Mix the ogbono and okro together.

Borrow money to buy 2kg wheat if you can,

You will need to skip meal like 101 Or 011 even 001.

It will carry you for one week if it's just only you.

Then again other factor need to come in. If you have freezer. Gas, light bills. 5k is no longer money again oh. Hustle hard.
Great advice.
But how did we get this low as a country? I remember once changing $100 for 5k at Sabo, ibadan in the 90s.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by biggal: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
Egwusi... 500
Bitterleaf..50
Salt..100
Pepper..100
Maggi..100
Fish...500
Meat..1000
Garri...750
Beans.3cups..450
Potatoes ..500
Gnut oil ..500
Red oil...500

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Myer(m): 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

Dey fast and pray. Food for your spirit.
As flesh dey hungry, spirit dey belle-full. cheesy
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by mamajaz(f): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

Buy Agbado, make Akamu, roast agbado, fry Blended agbado use it to eat cassava. Cook agbado...etc.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Kasdat5(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
Stay indoor
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by BlackyOne: 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
Remain indoor, don't make calls but you can receive calls, only do WhatsApp data sub.

And most importantly cook your own soup and make sure there's garri at home
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Blitzking: 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

Wetin u get for house..and hope you no dey do photocopy for handout...pay tfare and u get hot plate.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by BItt: 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
Myer:

Dey fast and pray. Food for your spirit.
As flesh dey hungry, spirit dey belle-full. cheesy
till when
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by nedekid: 6:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
nabiz:
Badt guy!
I remember some beautiful sisters whoes mother had a big time fried food business at agbowo, ibadan. ie puff puff, fish pie, scotch eggs, egg roll etc.
Omo, I had regular supply of the stuff. Even when I go to the shop to buy, extra go enter. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by SoNature(m): 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

Find a way to make money while you school because 5k can do nothing for anyone these days. Learn more about how to make money online.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by wunmi590(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
narite:

It impossible!!! Probably possible 5 to 7 years ago. 10k a week could be manageable for a student.

It seems you came from a very rich home, for you to say 5k is not enough weekly...

What does he wants to buy? That he can't manage 5k weekly just on food alone?

Before I graduated 12years ago, my parent used to send 5k to me for one month, I know how I'm going to manage myself...

School is one of the place you can curb and learn how to manage your present spending to suit your future spending, as things will keep being on a high side

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by ImoleNaija: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
Starboytwo:
If you manage the 5k and drink garri, the money go still finish and you'd still end up drinking more garri...So.

Fried rice and chicken and a chill a.ss drink to go with it =3k. Remember to eat slowly and savour every mouthful...

Remaining 2k use drink garri till stupor.

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Biola67: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
double your hustle and fight for your life.. but if na 100% attention you still wan give school for 2023. Goodluck to you.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Myer(m): 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
BItt:
till when
Just kidding.
Though some times, there's an iota of truth even in our jokes.
It's OK to convert your hunger to fast.
There was a time fasting became a natural way of life for me. Cos I just wasn't comfort.able with the way things were anymore.

When I started to see the prayers answered, the results were much more, even incomparable to the fast.

It matters what you pray for.
If you're a believer, just study the bible and pray to hear God, rather than pray your heart desires.

What will be revealed may not make sense to you but just pray. It helps if you pray in tongues too.

About how you can manage 5k weekly, it's clearly not easy for a student or anyone at all.
In your place of prayer, ideas will come.

What course are you studying?

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by CoolUsername: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Oil beans 300 from mama put, add water, small maggi and boil. Filter the beans and use the water as soup with fufu 200 in the morning eat the beans with garri in the evening.

Next day buy 2 indomie 300 and fufu 200 add enough water and spices let it be like pepper soup, use the fufu to swallow with the pepper soup in the morning then eat the filtered indomie in the evening.

Professor of Sapa

2 Likes

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Nazgul: 6:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

Eat at cheap roadside vendors. Those ones don't sell by plate, they sell by spoon. So you can buy yam N200, Beans N100. Avoid buying any kind or form of meat. At night you can buy elewa and bread. Maybe elewa N200 bread N200. That's N700 for the day. 700 multiplied by 7 days would give you 4,900 for the week. The additional N100 would be for pure water.

For this to work, you must avoid women. They would only scatter your slim budget and leave you on a compulsory fasting.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by thaoriginator: 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2023
garriAndsugar:

wtf what!! shocked

Abeg send voice note. Fuq did I just read grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Baby Miraculously Saved From A Burning House (Video) / What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? / Must You See A Pastor Before Choosing A Life Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.