Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week (18509 Views)

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? / A Week After We Got Married. / He Is Asking For Financial Help Barely A Week After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by SmartThief(m): 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2023
How you can use 5k as a student for a week.

1 painter of garri 1300
3 packs of spaghetti 1800
4 cups beans of 600
2 satchets of tomatoes 200
2 Satchets of groundnut oil 300
2 cups of sugar 400
Groundnut 300

Total= N4900

A mixture of 2 cup of beans and spaghetti should last two days for you. use the garri, groundnut and sugar to be subsidising o

austerity measures!

3 Likes

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by damiloladuke: 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2023
I just spent that now πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Boyooosa(m): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Don't go out if u base in Lagos
Spend N500 on food and 200 on others per day till u secure reliable source of income

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Teltel247: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:
Pls i need genuine answers

Coz economy is frowning like dis

As a student how can 5k be managed for feeding only in a week ?

What scope can be used to save cost ?

By eating it one day and sleep hungry for the rest of the 6days

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by okayman4real(m): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Oil beans 300 from mama put, add water, small maggi and boil. Filter the beans and use the water as soup with fufu 200 in the morning eat the beans with garri in the evening.

Next day buy 2 indomie 300 and fufu 200 add enough water and spices let it be like pepper soup, use the fufu to swallow with the pepper soup in the morning then eat the filtered indomie in the evening.

With these you might end up spending 500 to 600 daily
OMG. ......u funny die.

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Spartacus101(m): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
A paint of beans 3000
Paint of Garri 1500
#500 for ingredients
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Singlesingle(f): 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
fineboynl:
Once you step out from your house. The money will fly like a wind.

Despite the economy. I still believe 5k if well manage properly can go for a week.

Buy meat 1000,
egusi 500,
Obgono 500 and okro 300.
Smoke fish 600.
Use balance buy Garri, Oil, crayfish, ugu leaf. some days you go just buy fufu 200.
Make too much Garri nor blind your eye.

Cut the meat Very little that can go for a week.

Cook Two soup, egusi and draw soup.

Mix the ogbono and okro together.

Borrow money to buy 2kg wheat if you can,

You will need to skip meal like 101 Or 011 even 001.

It will carry you for one week if it's just only you.

Then again other factor need to come in. If you have freezer. Gas, light bills. 5k is no longer money again oh. Hustle hard.
This your advice funny die grin

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Jay357: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
Op it's like you go sleep for some days o

Then make a very low budget vegetable or pepper soup for swallow, you can even go without meat and expensive fish, go for the cheap ones, you can make food with bonga and okporoko, you can even learn how to make egg pepper soup without meat, then buy fufu from the manufacturer at counting price, no enjoyment and no unnecessary spending, Trek everywhere, no Airtime, no Data, Sub night Data if you need internet for something important, As E don red so, Try visit your friends and try to eat at their houses, there's no shame if you ask for help

Or you can buy one basket of garri for N1500, then be buying 1 eba with 1 meat everyday, tell them to put plenty soup, make more eba when you get home, separate the soup into 2 parts and manage for 2 meals a day, this is very realistic

You can be buying groundnut from the remaining change and drink garri sometimes

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Singlesingle(f): 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
SmartThief:
How you can use 5k as a student for a week.

1 painter of garri 1300
3 packs of spaghetti 1800
4 cups beans of 600
2 satchets of tomatoes 200
2 Satchets of groundnut oil 300
2 cups of sugar 400
Groundnut 300

Total= N4900

A mixture of 2 cup of beans and spaghetti should last two days for you. use the garri, groundnut and sugar to be subsidising o

austerity measures!
Where you see paint rubber of garri for ₦1300 and 4 cups of sugar ₦400? cheesy
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by PlsStayAlive: 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
fineboynl:
Once you step out from your house. The money will fly like a wind.

Despite the economy. I still believe 5k if well manage properly can go for a week.

Buy meat 1000,
egusi 500,
Obgono 500 and okro 300.
Smoke fish 600.
Use balance buy Garri, Oil, crayfish, ugu leaf. some days you go just buy fufu 200.
Make too much Garri nor blind your eye.

Cut the meat Very little that can go for a week.

Cook Two soup, egusi and draw soup.

Mix the ogbono and okro together.

Borrow money to buy 2kg wheat if you can,

You will need to skip meal like 101 Or 011 even 001.

It will carry you for one week if it's just only you.

Then again other factor need to come in. If you have freezer. Gas, light bills. 5k is no longer money again oh. Hustle hard.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€“
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by narite: 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2023
wunmi590:

It seems you came from a very rich home, for you to say 5k is not enough weekly...

What does he wants to buy? That he can't manage 5k weekly just on food alone?

Before I graduated 12years ago, my parent used to send 5k to me for one month, I know how I'm going to manage myself...

School is one of the place you can curb and learn how to manage your present spending to suit your future spending, as things will keep being on a high side
Lol..You comparing this present economy with an economy before buharii Era, Seriously?

12 years ago a loaf of bread probably cost 40 Naira. Today, that same bread cost 200 Naira. 5,000 Naira was a decent money 12 years ago, a money a person could live on for a month and I lived on it.

12 years ago my pocket money that would last me for an entire session was just 5,000 Naira. Looking From where I am standing you are the one who came from a very wealthy home.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Oneloveyo: 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
ojun50:
If you don’t play bet
If you don’t drink
If you don’t party
If you don’t subscribe to read or watch useless things on the internet.
If you don’t recharge always to call useless Nigeria girls
If you don’t eat any how 5k should serve you well has a student.

Wetin Nigerian girls do youπŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Last stop hosting useless friends @home
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Crafteck1: 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

4 dollars
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by SmartThief(m): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
Singlesingle:
Where you see paint rubber of garri for ₦1300 and 4 cups of sugar ₦400? cheesy

Then he just has to adjust. They are very close to the actual prices. Besides, sweet potatoes are very cheap in the market.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by killsmith(f): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
To buy just bread and beans as breakfast na 1k.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by BItt: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
damiloladuke:
I just spent that now πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
bless me Oga mi
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by do4luv14(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Jjhunt:
with this in kaduna we are good...you will enjoy your 5k bro

For lasgidi here, I manage 10 for a month both for feeding and transport, my feeding is 101, or 011,

Sometimes it's 110,

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Olat4421: 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
Lol I remember when I used to cope with 1000 naira a week. Just try to buy some food stuff for house. Especially spaghetti u can eat 1 spaghetti three to 4 times.Buy enough garri for house. God will see u through. I hope u have hotplate
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Shawl001(m): 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
Don't touch it.
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by vtuKiosk: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
Fhaze:

Sorry about the situation.

I want to assume that you have access to N5,000 every week and you are also a male.

With that assumption, try and cook beans for the week. Mix it up with garri once in a while. Take a lot of water too.

All that is just to ease your mind when the hunger gets unbearable. As a guy, try and be strong and also look out for something legitimate you can invest the N5,000 for next week in. Try not to lose your money in the process.

If you succeed in getting 5% to 30% return, then fully adopt it as a side hustle while studying. With that in place, you would no longer need to ration your food in subsequent weeks.

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by SmartyPants(m): 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
You need to clarify whether you want to manage 5k and still eat well or you just want to survive on 5k.

If it is the latter then garri is a sure bet.

1k garri will last a full week with excess. You can eat one egg a day for protein.

Then buy multi vitamins to make up for lost nutrients.

All of this is about 2.5k. Then try to eat one nice meal a week...just to keep yourself feeling like a human being.

As you do this, keep in mind that this terrible time shall pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by ojun50(m): 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
MasterJayJay:

A Plate of food 400 naira. 400 * 3 times a day = 1,200.
1,200 * 7 days = 8,400 naira
If you wise you no go dey chop out side

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Redhot111(m): 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Oil beans 300 from mama put, add water, small maggi and boil. Filter the beans and use the water as soup with fufu 200 in the morning eat the beans with garri in the evening.

Next day buy 2 indomie 300 and fufu 200 add enough water and spices let it be like pepper soup, use the fufu to swallow with the pepper soup in the morning then eat the filtered indomie in the evening.

With these you might end up spending 500 to 600 daily and 1kg gas can last you 3 months

This one off me patapata. I still dey laff. Make I laff 1st before coming to read other comments. E don tey I laff like this.

Filter watery beans, use the water to eat fufu

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by DoublePrince222: 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2023
garriAndsugar:

With these you might end up spending 500 to 600 daily and 1kg gas can last you 3 months
This is wickedness.

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Path24: 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
If you have cooking Gas or other means of cooking. You can manage 5k as a student for a week.

Depends on where you are are staying.

(1) water leaves #250.00
(2)At Rodo (pepper,) #100
(3) Onions#100
Psalm oil half bottle #500
( 4) salt #100
(5) crayfish #400
(6) Maggie or another type ##50
(7)beans 5 cups #600
(8,)gaari #700
9) sugar#300
(10) pasta #1200 ( packs)
Drink tap water.
(10) Red oil half bottle #500.

#4900. Use the vegetable soup for the swallow put crayfish. It's gives taste. Use Palm oil to and some pounded crayfish to cook pasta. Drink gaari and sugar in afternoons.
Since you are the only person the beans can last u twice. Pasta 4 times. U can manage.

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by stasius: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
So you will eat 4 dollars for one week?

Una strong!
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Mom007(f): 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
Buy half carton of indomie, a paint of garri, half paint of rice. I hope u have salt, Maggi, gas, red oil, pepper etc at home. Then buy okra for cheap soup and crayfish to sweeten your concoction oil rice. If you are really prudent and eat twice a day,the above will last you for a while. Chai! embarassed
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by pikechukwu6(m): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
Here is not the right place to channel the question... Go and ask the drug sniffing Agbado, the mandate stealer embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Mom007(f): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
Redhot111:

This one off me patapata. I still dey laff. Make I laff 1st before coming to read other comments. E don tey I laff like this.

Filter watery beans, use the water to eat fufu
Things are happening bro!
Thank God belle no be showglass lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
cheesy

Mehn tinz no dey funny again ooo shocked shocked

5k juz be like #50 that year wen nigeria was far betters ..... shocked

May God strengthen our efforts and more... Amen😎😎
Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Allisgud: 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
garriAndsugar:

try this one for one month u go resemble low-key Johny bravo

2 Likes

Re: How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week by Hideaki: 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
Trek or hang on buses like a tout

Do intermittent fasting

Beg for alms ; Dress well and go to a posh area, beg someone to lend few cash that you lost your phone or your wallet and you're stranded
Do this in different locations as possible

Eat leftovers from big time restaurants

Learn to code

Do dumpster diving in posh locations, you'll find crazy stuffs

Go to churches and beg the priest or pastor for something to eat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Baby Miraculously Saved From A Burning House (Video) / What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? / Must You See A Pastor Before Choosing A Life Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.