Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS (8820 Views)

Your Donations Won't Be In Vain And Will Be Accounted For – Obi Assures Donors / INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / "Peter Obi Won 19 States, FCT In iREV Portal Collation" - Obidients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2023
nedekid:

So, go to the nearest bank to you in Lagos or ogun and demand cash or to alawusa and ask they cut you a cheque for the more than all states generated revenue.
why the thing come Dey pain you like this grin but I understand your pain because your chest beating ego has been bruised and now we can see the real leeches😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by eruchboy(m): 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
Please I have a tax(FIRS) related question
Can anyone help me out abeg?
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by omoadeleye(m): 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2023
North are not making enough IGR and they're so lousy when comes to making extreme religion and polity convo
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by nedekid: 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
why the thing come Dey pain you like this grin but I understand your pain because your chest beating ego has been bruised and now we can see the real leeches😂
You de concern yourself with nothing relevant or beneficial to you. If Lagos or ogun generate revenue pass the other states, how e put food ontop your table? Abi do they share the money to you monthly? Does it decrease fuel cost from 600 to 100 because you are from Lagos or ogun? Can you ride brt or enter train without paying? Can you enter yakoyo and eat amala with gbegiri and ewedu, garnished with ogufe then shine your teeth and say Lagos and ogun has highest revenue so you must eat free?
Omo, to knock sence into yah coconut de hungry some people. grin
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
nedekid:

You de concern yourself with nothing relevant or beneficial to you. If Lagos or ogun generate revenue pass the other states, how e put food ontop your table? Abi do they share the money to you monthly? Does it decrease fuel cost from 600 to 100 because you are from Lagos or ogun? Can you ride brt or enter train without paying? Can you enter yakoyo and eat amala with gbegiri and ewedu, garnished with ogufe then shine your teeth and say Lagos and ogun has highest revenue so you must eat free?
you should be ashamed of yourself if truly you went through school and wrote this nonsense grin I know if the tables were turned and your region was the ones topping the chart, Una for Dey beat chest like gorilla. This is chart is just to dispute your false narrative ones more that your tribe are the real leeches and contribute nothing substantial, but yet the highest noise maker….Igbo savage😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by nedekid: 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
you should be ashamed of yourself if truly you went through school and wrote this nonsense grin I know if the tables were turned and your region was the ones topping the chart, Una for Dey beat chest like gorilla. This is chart is just to dispute your false narrative ones more that your tribe are the real leeches and contribute nothing substantial, but yet the highest noise maker….Igbo savage😂
And what makes you think I am from the region you speculate? If they call you a mumu man, or Otondo, you will be angry, but rather, you should consider it a compliment. grin
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by lawani: 12:17am On Oct 24, 2023
Lagos of twenty million people should make only ten percent of total IGR but report says thirty four percent which is an improvement on how it was before if true but I don't think it is true.
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by lawani: 12:19am On Oct 24, 2023
nedekid:

A government with large budget is more powerful can employ more people, fund big projects, fund education and etc. Money makes everything easy
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by lawani: 12:22am On Oct 24, 2023
foleskay:

Where did u get ur figure that anambra has 9million population?? That tiny state. Abeg Mk una dey use sense to comment

Anambra by waec enrollment figures of some years back is slightly higher in population than Osun
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by plaindealer: 12:23am On Oct 24, 2023
SW without Lagos = N255 Billion

SE combined = N114 billion

Ogun State @ N120 Billion is more than the whole of SE combined

Poor developers, laziness, leadership incompetence and sitting at home get consequences.

grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by lawani: 12:25am On Oct 24, 2023
plaindealer:
SW without Lagos = N255 Billion

SE combined = N114 billion

Ogun State @ N120 Billion is more than the whole of SE combined

Poor developers, laziness, leadership incompetence and sitting at home get consequences.

grin grin

SW without Lagos has a higher population and therefore economic activity than the SE.
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by oyatz(m): 12:34am On Oct 24, 2023
Princessstee:

Osun is not that low sha.
Take for instance, Anambra with about 9 million population generates about 30bn while osun with about 4 million population generates around same.

Majority of SW population is concentrated in Lagos, Oyo and Ogun

Osun State has over 2 million registered voters, so the population of the State would be about 7 million.

Even, with 2 million people, if they had invested in massive Agricultural projects, they can be supplying rice for the whole of Osun, Oyo and Lagos States
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by EcoNews: 1:04am On Oct 24, 2023
No worry the amount of year Lagos take be capital go soon reach Abuja so you can make the same suggestion n watch aboki butcher your Obidient Ipob father as you no gree get sense.

kingsways:
80% of Lagos IGR should be shared amongst the 36 states

Being a former federal capital, the nation's common wealth was used to develop Lagos

I MEAN AS RECENTLY AS UP TO 1991, LAGOS WAS THE FEDERAL CAPITAL WITH ALL THE MAJOR LANDMARKS BUILT WITH COMMON WEALTH BELONGING TO THE ENTIRE NATION
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by compoundC: 3:58am On Oct 24, 2023
kissg

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by plaindealer: 4:12am On Oct 24, 2023
lawani:

SW without Lagos has a higher population and therefore economic activity than the SE.

Economic activity doesn't create, propel, or administrate itself, economic activities don't come up with ideas, solutions, and managerial skills.

Progress, development, and vibrant economies are created by competent leadership with creative economic ideas and solutions.

Lagos's population was huge before 1999 when the IGR was nothing to write home about, but the leadership came up with bright ideas and creative solutions to grow the IGR to what it is today and the top 5 economies in the whole of Africa.

Going by your logic, shouldn't the SS states with less than 5 million people and fewer responsibilities be like Dubai today?

It's not always about money or population, it's always about the people in charge and so far, Lagos State is blessed with an endless stream of wonderful and competent leaders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by Babysho(m): 4:42am On Oct 24, 2023
yoruboid:
Even Osun had a higher IGR than Anambra

How much more Oyo, Ogun and Ondo

Ogun State has a higher IGR than all the states in the SE put together

The almajiri SE states can’t survive without allocation from the FG

See where Anambra’s from consumption to production has led them 😂

As a Yoruba man, I don't know why you're TRYING to make we Yorubas look silly. If the states in Nigeria were doing well, do you think we'd have this level of inflation or insecurity?
There's nothing funny about the poor state of affairs of the east or north, it affects you indirectly.
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by zelnababa(m): 5:00am On Oct 24, 2023
kingsways:
80% of Lagos IGR should be shared amongst the 36 states

Being a former federal capital, the nation's common wealth was used to develop Lagos

I MEAN AS RECENTLY AS UP TO 1991, LAGOS WAS THE FEDERAL CAPITAL WITH ALL THE MAJOR LANDMARKS BUILT WITH COMMON WEALTH BELONGING TO THE ENTIRE NATION
lolz jealousy
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by onefourseven(m): 5:39am On Oct 24, 2023
37 states according to PEPT Judges

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by omojoibo: 5:43am On Oct 24, 2023
ogun still has the worst roads shocked shocked shocked
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 5:44am On Oct 24, 2023
nedekid:

And what makes you think I am from the region you speculate? If they call you a mumu man, or Otondo, you will be angry, but rather, you should consider it a compliment. grin
cheesy of course if I were you, I will deny being Ibo too cheesy so I understand why you have to deny your criminal tribe😂

1 Like

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by Tobichimezie: 5:54am On Oct 24, 2023
It's sad to see some people still not understand the concept of igr in economic terms, even if you broke it down for them in layman terms dem no go ever get am...in the simplest way of explaining it, because a state has a higher igr relative to its standard of living doesn't mean the people in that state on an average index are living any better than the people in a state with a lower igr. It simply means the people living in a state with higher IGR pay MORE TAXES and thus generate MORE REVENUE for the state government, the only surest way to gauge the standard of living of a country or people is by measuring their wealth distribution, the strength of their middle class, and most importantly their GDP (not IGR).
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by nedekid: 6:05am On Oct 24, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
cheesy of course if I were you, I will deny being Ibo too cheesy so I understand why you have to deny your criminal tribe😂
Yeah, if you are not yoruba or Hausa, you are igbo.
Some day, hopefully, common sense will become common.
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by Infojames: 6:09am On Oct 24, 2023
Our problem is not lack f money, but lack of policy.

1 Like

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by plaindealer: 7:09am On Oct 24, 2023
Babysho:

As a Yoruba man, I don't know why you're TRYING to make we Yorubas look silly. If the states in Nigeria were doing well, do you think we'd have this level of inflation or insecurity?
There's nothing funny about the poor state of affairs of the east or north, it affects you indirectly.

These Igbos sef...

Must you cowards hide under other people's identities just to spew your ipob rubbish?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by jaxxy(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2023
ADBA3005:

Every other states and the FCT has non-indigenes paying taxes as well!

dey play. Do u know since other tribes gave been in lagos and continue to multiply and migrate to lagos?

even tinubu migrated from osun bt ignos where here b4 him.
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by drlateef: 7:51am On Oct 24, 2023
I don’t believe this. Southeast coming second from behind? What happened to the billions left by Peter Obi before leaving office, have they counted that? 😂
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by Incognito9: 8:47am On Oct 24, 2023
How does this IGR epp common man in the street sef?

Celebrating nonsense
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2023
nedekid:

Yeah, if you are not yoruba or Hausa, you are igbo.
Some day, hopefully, common sense will become common.
hahaha I feel your pains😂 i know how you being oppressed by the almighty Yoruba….now run along Mr common sense
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by Neckpresser101: 9:39am On Oct 24, 2023
drlateef:
I don’t believe this. Southeast coming second from behind? What happened to the billions left by Peter Obi before leaving office, have they counted that? 😂

How does IGR equate to quality of lives of a people?

You Guys are Dumbos!
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by Neckpresser101: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
hahaha I feel your pains😂 i know how you being oppressed by the almighty Yoruba….now run along Mr common sense
oppressed by rice thieves? grin

Abeg gettat!
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by lawani: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2023
oyatz:

Osun State has over 2 million registered voters, so the population of the State would be about 7 million.

Even, with 2 million people, if they had invested in massive Agricultural projects, they can be supplying rice for the whole of Osun, Oyo and Lagos States
Voter registration figures is totally unreliable. Use waec stats. It is more reliable. Active GSM lines, data subs and etc. Those are unbreachable data. If Osun is seven million, it means one third of Lagos. Can Osun be really one third of Lagos?. I don't think so. If so, Oyo will be at least ten million and Ogun ten million too or a bit more because combination of Ogun and Oyo surpasses Lagos. My calculation is Oyo and Ogun combined are like 120 percent of Lagos while Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi west may be similar to Lagos or a bit more and seven million will be too high for Osun in the mix
Re: 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS by lawani: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2023
plaindealer:

Economic activity doesn't create, propel, or administrate itself, economic activities don't come up with ideas, solutions, and managerial skills.

Progress, development, and vibrant economies are created by competent leadership with creative economic ideas and solutions.

Lagos's population was huge before 1999 when the IGR was nothing to write home about, but the leadership came up with bright ideas and creative solutions to grow the IGR to what it is today and the top 5 economies in the whole of Africa.

Going by your logic, shouldn't the SS states with less than 5 million people and fewer responsibilities be like Dubai today?

It's not always about money or population, it's always about the people in charge and so far, Lagos State is blessed with an endless stream of wonderful and competent leaders.

You are right but only Lagos is different and not all the SW. Tinubu admin started it as a fluke becàuse he is not made up of stuff to bring positive change but the admin to credit for Lagos progress is the one that made PAYE the main revenue source instead of land use started by Tinubu. Who is it among the governors?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today / Digging Out The Tanoids: Season 1 / Anambra Procurement Boss, Onyejepu Emerges 'State Public Servant of the Year'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.