Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real (29383 Views)

What Happened That Made You Realized You Don't Have A Family / What Happened That Made You Feel Sorry For Your Parents? / How I Met My Wife: Love Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Mar 13
BluntCrazeMan:
In your own example above, does that also mean that Oyibos are NOT babalawos? (That one person is enough not to generalize in any direction).You generalized in one direction. I bursted your generalization.You now came back to say that I was generalizing in the other direction,, WHICH IS NOT TRUE.. I didn't generalize.I was just pointing out to you that the fact you mentioned OYINBO in order to talk down the sacrifice to water-bodies is not a strong point in favour of your argument.
arggh, I see! So you think my statement regarding an Oyinbo company coming to dam a a particular water was a generalization. Here's a question for you then, name one such company whose policy is to carry out rituals before damming a particular body of water and we go from there. undecided
Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by lawani: 2:40pm On Mar 13
Kobojunkie:
The stories you people tell yourselves all in a bid to remain ignorant never ceases to amaze.. undecided

They can do it if the locals advise them to do that otherwise they would do things the way they do it in their own countries. It is just what any human being would do. If someone important suggests that you do something not costly before you proceed then you would be smart to follow the advise
Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Mar 13
lawani:
■ They can do it if the locals advise them to do that otherwise they would do things the way they do it in their own countries. It is just what any human being would do. If someone important suggests that you do something not costly before you proceed then you would be smart to follow the advise
Now this response of yours makes way more sense than the claims made by others suggesting oyinbo companies believe in many of the same spiritual mumbo jumbo Nigerians cling to. undecided
Re: What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real by lawani: 2:47am On Mar 14
Kobojunkie:
Now this response of yours makes way more sense than the claims made by others suggesting oyinbo companies believe in many of the same spiritual mumbo jumbo Nigerians cling to. undecided

It is not peculiar to Nigerians though. Spirituality is an aspect of every human culture. It is just that it differs from culture to culture just like a human language. Lekuleja for instance is a big industry that services people using Osanyin knowhow and in Nigeria you find Lekuleja markets only in Yoruba land. I don't think placing sacrifices at junctions occur in any.other place too but each culture everywhere on Earth have practices peculiar to them

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Am I Spoiling My 7-year Old Son? / Chinedu Okeke: This SA Man Is Searching For His Long Lost Family From Abia / My Husband Called Me A Vagabond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.