Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

How Government Policies Is Killing My Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Government Policies Is Killing My Business (17431 Views)

Federal Government's Stamp Duty Is Killing My Business / IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Wainey: 5:56am On Oct 25, 2023
So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by richmond500: 5:57am On Oct 25, 2023
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.

388 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by pendusky(m): 6:02am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?

Just vote right next time

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Artiiclebeast: 6:13am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.

Hahahha

Voodoo economist has spoken...lol

The op will start patronising and buying "made in Nigeria phones".

Una too funny abeg.

387 Likes 29 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by richmond500: 6:16am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

Hahahha

Una too funny abeg.
you too will not have a choice when toothpick is N10,000, you either use the made in Nigeria toothpick or you use your finger nails to pick the meat

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Artiiclebeast: 6:20am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
you too will not have a choice when toothpick is N10,000, you either use the made in Nigeria toothpick or you use your finger nails to pick the meat

And buy a Nigerian-made phone to keep making these sorts of senseless comments.

Even the politicians hoarding and fuelling the Dollar to Naira craze while selling you the dummy you keep regurgitating will be amazed at how you have been able to put a "better" senseless interpretation to their cluelessness.

Na wa

282 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by fineboynl(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

Hahahha

Una too funny abeg.
don’t mind the guy even dangote will sell fuel international price. Our local market price is tied to the dollar. Even things we don’t import price of dollars control them. Take for instance garri and local rice, yam etc.

How many Nigerians can afford brand new innoson? Even the few that can afford it will buy toyota.

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Artiiclebeast: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2023
fineboynl:
don’t mind the guy even dangote will sell fuel international price. Our local market price is tied to the dollar. Even things we don’t import price of dollars control them. Take for instance garri and local rice, yam etc.

How many Nigerians can afford brand new innoson? Even the few that can afford it will buy toyota.

Don't mind the dullard.

If I had a huge cassava farm, he thinks I'll waste my time and resources processing garri to earn #1 from him when I can process and export starch to earn me FX from it.

Abi no be exportation dem wan encourage?

Confused people.

112 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by richmond500: 6:29am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

And buy a Nigerian-made phone to keep making these sorts of senseless comments.

Even the politicians hoarding and fuelling the Dollar to Naira craze while selling you the dummy you keep regurgitating will be amazed at how you have been able to put a "better" senseless interpretation to their cluelessness.

Na wa
There will be heavy inflation at first, even world bank and IMF warned us about the inflation that we will experience before the economy bounce back.
Don't let hatred becloud ur judgement.

Our economy is foreign dependent and it affects every sector of life.

321 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Babaken(m): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Na there you people (APC) drive the motor (Nigeria) go pack you people has turn una weakness to selling points oya make una continue.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by richmond500: 6:32am On Oct 25, 2023
Babaken:
Na there you people (APC) drive the motor (Nigeria) go pack you people has turn una weakness to selling points oya make una continue.
This is not about APC, this is about understanding the economics and accepting a better country.

Don't think every comment on NL is political, religion or ethnic

307 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Iamanoited: 6:33am On Oct 25, 2023
Don't buy FOREIGN MADE. Buy locally made products. DIVERSIFY into agriculture. LET NIGERIA eat well FIRST.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by phorget(m): 6:41am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

So how many phones are we producing Nigeria and even you'll still need to source for materials in your so call local production and those materials will be bought with same dollar.
The government is simply clueless, Buhari shutdown boarders before advocating local consumptions even without putting necessary things in place.
Refinery is not functioning but they are quick.to remove subsidies, why cant they make the refinery work first? The government like putting the cart before the horse and I dont think we would ever make serious headway with such ideas.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by kcprince: 6:42am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Who still imports toothpick? Nigeria has passed that stage a long time ago. Whatever we import now in bulk is a necessity we don’t produce in bulk . Eg wheat, milk , vehicles, mobile phone.

UAE imports meat and many other things but their exchange is still strong becasue they export oil and tourism . We only need to export more . What we import is not the issue

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Couldntfigurean: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
This is not about APC, this is about understanding the economics and accepting a better country.

Yoruba Muslim youth
Hahahaha

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by richmond500: 6:47am On Oct 25, 2023
phorget:

So how many phones are we producing Nigeria and even you'll still need to source for materials in your so call local production and those materials will be bought with same dollar.
The government is simply clueless, Buhari shutdown boarders before advocating local consumptions even without putting necessary things in place.
Refinery is not functioning but they are quick.to remove subsidies, why cant they make the refinery work first? The government like putting the cart before the horse and I dont think we would ever make serious headway with such ideas.
It's a matter of time.
Local Companies will spring up, it's a matter of time.
We are too engrossed in foreign products and that is why the effect is so hard on us.

Things will go back to normal, its a good policy, let's just endure for a little longer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by kcprince: 6:47am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:

Sorry about the country we find ourselves . Government policy has destroyed my business so many times. From phones import till 2015 to timber and solid mineral export till 2020. And now the small oil and gas we are managing is now being targeted .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Houseontherock1: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2023
undecided
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by globalresource: 6:51am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods
cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

So na until naira get destroy into oblivion as a result of mismanagement before people will start buying made in nigeria. Apc economist.

Has any body noticed how APC people shift blame from themselves and start vlaming the masses. Such a satanic party

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Brimstone77: 6:55am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

What about the products that are not manufactured in Nigeria?

You and I know that we survived on imported goods,and the government ain't putting any effort to boost our manufacturing companies..

When imported product become very expensive and there are no locally made products then we will see how it goes.

24 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Babaken(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

you people are shifting post than facing the reality.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by phorget(m): 6:57am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
It's a matter of time.
Local Companies will spring up, it's a matter of time.
We are too engrossed in foreign products and that is why the effect is so hard on us.

Things will go back to normal, its a good policy, let's just endure for a little longer

Before the collapse of NITEL we already had the likes of MTN running, Local companies should already be up running before now.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Majesty7: 6:59am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

Hahahha

Una too funny abeg.

You just exhibited a very high level of ignorance. You quoted someone who is clearly way above you and you sound so stupid doing it. All these hawkers with android phones...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by abhosts(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

You guys continue to tell the same lies even when it is obvious you are saying nonsense. Did closing the border and banning imported rice make local rice any cheaper? Did the naira gain a single percent against the dollar then?

China that is the manufacturing hub of planet earth spent $3.1T on imports in 2022 alone. Their total exports that same year was $3.4T . So more local production does not lead to less importation, rather it increases the demand to import because one country can't produce all the raw materials and components involved in the manufacturing process.

You people that cannot point to a single successful multi-billion naira business of your own, would be giving useless economic analysis.

90 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by richmond500: 7:08am On Oct 25, 2023
globalresource:

So na until naira get destroy into oblivion as a result of mismanagement before people will start buying made in nigeria. Apc economist.

Has any body noticed how APC people shift blame from themselves and start vlaming the masses. Such a satanic party

yes, Naira is not destroyed, it just weak against the dollar cos we are dollarizing our economy.
All we need to do is to do away with the dollar since it becomes unbearable and the naira will bounce back.
As simple as ABC

4 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by globalresource: 7:09am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
yes, Naira is not destroyed, it just weak against the dollar cos we are dollarizing our economy.
All we need to do is to do away with the dollar since it becomes unbearable and the naira will bounce back.
As simple as ABC

Naira is falling against every currency. Not just against dollar. Even against our neighbouring countries. It is so sad . Since it is simple ask them to bring u on board

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by mrvitalis(m): 7:13am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Let me ask you something

Labour is cheaper in Nigeria
Power is cheaper in Nigeria

Why don't people come to produce in Nigeria and export?

Someone of you who no nothing about economics would just open mouth wah

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by mrvitalis(m): 7:15am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

There will be heavy inflation at first, even world bank and IMF warned us about the inflation that we will experience before the economy bounce back.

So you want to isolate the Nigerian economy?

I have always known APC are bloody socialist

Japan tried that failed, china did failed
North Korea and South Korea is a perfect example... Russia tried and failed

You guys are still thinking like socialist Awolowo

26 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Shikini: 7:16am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

You guys are never tired of telling stories since Buhari's 2015. World bank and IMF kee you dey!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by richmond500: 7:22am On Oct 25, 2023
globalresource:

Naira is falling against every currency. Not just against dollar. Even against our neighbouring countries. It is so sad . Since it is simple ask them to bring u on board
the dollar is the yardstick on which every other currency is measured.

We need to do away with it

2 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Nice2023(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Plantain leaves.

U don't wack this guy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Usmanovic95(m): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

What mechanisms are I place to ease this transition.Is our refineries functioning,has the issue of power been fixed,what about issue of security and how many foreign Direct Investment can we attract as we speak.
The China as we are always quick to cite as a case study of how a country can rapidly develop didn't achieve such stride with a trial and error government policy, development was planned and followed with some set of deliberate,meticulous and favourable government policies.
Nigeria in this situation wants to achieve development by accident with no plan in place.

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atms Dispense Fake N1000 Notes / See Aliko Dangote's 'heaven On Earth' Mansion That Can Make One Confuse / CBN Policies Paying Off as exchange rate (N1431/$) posts Best Gain in 6 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.