Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

How Government Policies Is Killing My Business - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Government Policies Is Killing My Business (17516 Views)

Federal Government's Stamp Duty Is Killing My Business / IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Squirrel1(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.
name wan local phone brand that is up to standard.

All this tinubu urchins sef... Shey u no no say e get some kind thing wer must just import?
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Excelll: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

Hahahha

Voodoo economist has spoken...lol

The op will start patronising and buying "made in Nigeria phones".

Una too funny abeg.

Do you mind that one? Ask them, if they know of any country in the world that doesn't import a thing or two or more? Would you kill the economy and Naira because you want citizens to use made in Nigeria goods? It doesn't make sense, and rather also, simply put that they are bad leaders and managers. If you want to start anything, you start from somewhere, and then you grow it, which already had begun gradually from the return of democracy in 1999, but in the last eight years plus, we have had a total reversal from some of the little gains made. And they forget, that good leadership and management of an economy entails striking a balance between your positive and negative balance sheets, through income and expenses, through IGR. Worst case scenario, the negative balance sheets shouldn't be great in gap from the positive so that you can always rejig and come back balanced, or balanced plus (good, better). Weren't we faring better in our economy, the Naira value, Naira to Dollar FX rate and still exporting goods before the now nonsense of a free fall? Truly, it has never been this bad.

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Squirrel1(m): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

And buy a Nigerian-made phone to keep making these sorts of senseless comments.

Even the politicians hoarding and fuelling the Dollar to Naira craze while selling you the dummy you keep regurgitating will be amazed at how you have been able to put a "better" senseless interpretation to their cluelessness.

Na wa
that kind is a paid agent. Just imagine the nonsense he's spewing.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 11:50am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

I did not even see this line. 😂😂

Guy, have you ever considered playing a clown at children's birthday parties? Please, if you haven't, give it a try. 😭✋

I promise you'd make them laugh until they pulled their panties.

...this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.

And what kind of contradiction is this, ehn?

The pain will last for as long as it takes us to accept our economy, yet you're saying categorically that it'll take 5/10 years?

Nah, bro. I want some of the stuff that Tinubu is sharing to you his supporters to make you like this. Please. To be this clueless, oh, LMFAOOO.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by okoroemeka(m): 11:56am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

Hahahha

Una too funny abeg.
no matter how satrical the previous op must have sounded,it is the truth,those policies are made to crush importation and dollar flight,if your business depends solely on dollar and imports it is time to think out of the box,but that plantain leaf part got me laughing,it really made my miserable day but aba will help us out in that area
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by DKM123: 11:58am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

Imbec!LIC morons everywhere.

Can you even hear (read) yourself?
Same hogwash you phools sold when Buhari was doing his nonsense policies in his 8 years. You people are still selling the dem0nic narrative this tiffnubu era and idiots are falling for it AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Usmanovic95:
- What mechanisms are I place to ease this transition.

- Is our refineries functioning

- has the issue of power been fixed

- what about issue of security

- and how many foreign Direct Investment can we attract as we speak.

The China as we are always quick to cite as a case study of how a country can rapidly develop didn't achieve such stride with a trial and error government policy, development was planned and followed with some set of deliberate,meticulous and favourable government policies.
Nigeria in this situation wants to achieve development by accident with no plan in place

Please, ask him for me. Also ask him whether Tinubu said this was how he proposed to go about developing the Nigerian economy in his manifesto. grin

By 'killing importation'.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by yusuf0876(m): 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
kcprince:

Sorry about the country we find ourselves . Government policy has destroyed my business so many times. From phones import till 2015 to timber and solid mineral export till 2020. And now the small oil and gas we are managing is now being targeted .
it's a pity I just spent my last card on gas skid and things are getting difficult nw
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
...while PH refinery is undergoing serious treatment.

Serious treatment as the invalid patient that the refinery is na. 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by pascal558(m): 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2023
kcprince:

Sorry about the country we find ourselves . Government policy has destroyed my business so many times. From phones import till 2015 to timber and solid mineral export till 2020. And now the small oil and gas we are managing is now being targeted .

The 100 million Naira motor your senators them buy was it made in Nigeria?
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:
You typed the two bolded and you believed the two can work together grin

An economy where only the politicians can afford foreign based commodity is what you say will suppasse Germany and France? Mugabe's Zimbabwe is a case study.

Seeeee!

Like our politicians ARE currently affording things we cannot afford. So, please, what's going to be their incentive to invest in key areas of our economies? A society where they keep getting richer and the poor poorer, but 'local trade'.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2023
Purvan:
Your business should crash because you're not doing an essential business

How many people needs phone these days ??

Wow.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2023
obesse:
See mumu post!
Has the US killed importation? Has Britain killed importation? Infact, mention one European country that has killed importation. Has China killed importation?
So why are the currencies of these countries strong and stable?
In short, did Jonathan kill importation when the Naira was doing relatively well? Answer me nah!

I cannot believe that somebody use 'clear-eye' to type that thing.

No. Man's definitely under the influence of something.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?

Soooo you're an agbado person sef?

Mtcheeeeeeeeeewwwwwww.

You're asking for what to do? Sorry, you don't have the Akanbi Access Code to Seyi Tinubu Microfinance Bank? Are you kidding me? Who let you out of the loop and didn't inform you?

Nah. You should create another thread and tag all corn supporters like yourself, and ask them how they are scaling the economic woes. You should not be going through any hardship at all.

Reach out to FreeStuffNG, ehn. I know he's one of the many BAT supporters whose business is thriving, and he'll tell you what to do.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Artiiclebeast: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
Majesty7:

You just exhibited a very high level of ignorance. You quoted someone who is clearly way above you and you sound so stupid doing it. All these hawkers with android phones...

Hahaha

Why won't he be above me in your eyes when you are both sidekicks on the same dunce level.

Ignorance is indeed bliss and could be contagious as in this case.

If just BAT and Akpabio will get human and patriotic for once in their thieving lives to empty the amount of Dollars they have stashed up into the economy, only then will you begin to understand from what standpoint some of us are talking from and how we see the nonsense in the policies they keep churning out.

Do you think your politicians and top businessmen keep their loot in Naira? I pity your ignorance. People who even go as far to print the worthless Naira to mop up the little dollars for safekeeping to leave mumus like you with some worthless naira the CBN can't even count or ascertain what value is in circulation.

Una never know where una dey.

Very soon na wheelbarrow una go use dey carry money to go buy bread.

Dummies.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Artiiclebeast: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

There will be heavy inflation at first, even world bank and IMF warned us about the inflation that we will experience before the economy bounce back.
Don't let hatred becloud ur judgement.

Our economy is foreign dependent and it affects every sector of life.

Just like the inflation the same World Bank and IMF warned our parents and Babangida about in 1985 from whence the Nigerian economy has refused to bounce back till date abi?

Continue your World Bank and IMF patronage.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Semaj77(m): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

Hahahha

Una too funny abeg.

He's an idiota
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Richmond 500, this defies the level of your comprehension, ba? Because I was EAGERLY looking forward to your response to this.

@Majesty7, maybe you can help a fellow intelligent brother out because I see you calling someone ignorant up there. grin
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by JaskanFactor: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2023
Its better to sell-out the business before you start to loose more money or get into debt, press that reset button cause the business plan does not pass the test of reality on the ground.

After reset , find a new business that is more in line with the harsh conditions on ground, bearing in mind that we are currently in the days of tribulation as prophesied in bible, the time when people will suffer in the hands of the owners of the world.

The world has we know it, or knew is being closed down, what type of business do you think will work, bearing in mind farming in Nigeria is now very dangerous since the owners of the world want to end farming in order to cause higher food prices and starvation.

As such i would first cut my living standard to war time rations, then hopefully that will allow you to save enough money for a business that will survive the days of tribulation.

You have no idea how many Nigerians industrialists etc now dead and gone who complained bitterly about the rate naira was loosing value since its inception.

If you treat Nigerian economy like a thief, you just mind end up with a solid business plan.
For example , if they are killing farmers, you just might want to start locally produced items for people to grow thier food inside thier houses before the the price of bread becomes 1 year salary.

Cause trust me on this, Nigerian economy or any black African economy willl never improve until they have reduced the population to the standard set by the nazi bill gates and his masters.

They rollled out poison injection and you did not die, do you think they give a shit about economy, everything you need to survive is the target.

Ask yourself why 500 armed terrorists with helicopter support will go and destroy a tomato processing plant in northern Nigeria , and that was 2 years ago.

Ask yourself what business terrorists have destroying food production facilities, and let that sink in as you plan your future survival strategy.

And just in case you do happen to find a good business, dont forget, they are now planning to use every technology they can get to collect your money in taxes, even as they raise the inflation to biblical figures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Obierika(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?

It's a general issue, you're not the only one whose business is being affected
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Brownbetsport24: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2023
Those people shouting buy locally made products, am yet to see Nigeria company making wristwatches, smartphones, computer, smattvs, etc

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Semaj77(m): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Do you put any thought process into what you're even writing . How do start producing such commodities like electronic parts and items , how do you produce when your country can not stabilize power and provide uninterrupted power supply , provide good roads and a very effective transport system , why would a company set up a production company when these aren't available . Do you not know power is the soul of any production , then supply of raw materials and with that a good transport system ( for sourcing your materials and distribution of your produce ). Let's not even talk about security of goods and personnel as these are even lower in the rung of importance. How can we start producing when all of these are still absent or you think it's by mouth they start producing. Fix all these social needs and you'll see production flourish.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Magnoliaa(f): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kukutente23:
I have been reading a lot of ignorant govt supporters claiming there is a policy to "kill" importation. Let me get you guys right. You want to kill importation but you hope to export abi. The other countries are fools abi. The machinery and equipment you will use to produce locally usually fall from the sky during rainy season abi? You guys are dumb.

🤣🤣🤣

god said yesterday that there is a plan to inject $10bn into forex to stabilize the currency and increase its value. How does that match the claim of you his supporters that there is a need to devalue or currency till we "kill" importation and purge ourselves of foreign goods longing? You are very dumb

Trying to understand these guys fit make person craze. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by writeprof(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

There will be heavy inflation at first, even world bank and IMF warned us about the inflation that we will experience before the economy bounce back.
Don't let hatred becloud ur judgement.

Our economy is foreign dependent and it affects every sector of life.

So, whose hands is it to retrieve the economy from being foreign dependent consumer wise? Is it Nigerians whose local businesses are packing up or the government?

A government that refuses to build factories and industries while claiming to build roads, flyovers, railways, and bridges that do not contribute anything to the people's lives.

This government you are defending just went to spend millions of USD to buy vehicles for themselves.

Who depends or sustains foreign- dependent consumerism more than the NIGERIAN POLITICIANS?
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Brownbetsport24: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
I deal in importation business before now, but it seems everything is tight now no avenue to even pay for the selected goods in my cart, so planning to be selling locally made cosmetic like lighting black soup, molato cream and soup for our shine shine ladies next year God willing.

So if you are sure entrepreneurs that produce original of this things, no fake ones o, we may strike a deal my mail is [Cedar_Media@yahoo.com] have already talking to pamperglow
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by breezeng: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
It's just unfortunate especially for the older adults who are dieing in drove. Cost of drugs for this section of our population has skyrocketed. Most people can't afford their drugs.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

You have a brain that is bigger than the whole world
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Majesty7: 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2023
Magnoliaa:

@Majesty7, maybe you can help a fellow intelligent brother out because I see you calling someone ignorant up there. grin

Let me respond to you.

If you want your economy to improve, you have to produce more so that it strengthens your local currency and there won't be high need of foreign currency by your citizens to purchase good outside your borders.

Nigeria is heavily dependent on foreign to get MOST goods her citizens uses. Nigerian government in order to make life easy for them have been subsiding Forex for her citizens using their inflow of Forex through their crude oil sales.

Any country that consumes more that what it earns will definitely find themselves in this type of situation Nigeria is.

Now do you know the amount of USD requested by Nigerians everyday? How much is the inflow coming into the country? The request is more than ratio 1:5. That is, Nigeria earns (inflow) ratio 1 and the demand for Forex is at ratio 5.

Go to your bank this morning. I mean your local branch and not the head office and ask how many request do the have for dollar and how many USD comes into the branch daily?

If you understand this, I can now explain further but if not, I wish you Goodluck
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Seeeee!

Like our politicians ARE currently affording things we cannot afford. So, please, what's going to be their incentive to invest in key areas of our economies? A society where they keep getting richer and the poor poorer, but 'local trade'.

There is no incentive to improve the economy if they are the only beneficiary of it that's why I pointed out that discrepancy to him. These guys are economic saboteurs to this nation.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by CoronaVirusPro: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:

Liquidate the business and venture into something more sustainable.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

This is the same Tinubuconomics that got us to were we are now, name one country in the world that doesn't import?

Do you even know that all Apple products (iphone, ipad etc) are imported from China? Apple only do marketing and design in the United States but their products are manufactured in China.

Agbadorians are really dumb sha.

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by phemmyfour: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
switch to a local business. Stop importation and encourage exportation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe / How To Withdraw Your Paypal Funds,receive Paypal In Nigerian Bank Account / At What Point Are You A Millionaire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.