Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

How Government Policies Is Killing My Business - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Government Policies Is Killing My Business (17489 Views)

Federal Government's Stamp Duty Is Killing My Business / IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by AutoConsult: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2023
We can't say government should not do their work because it's affecting our businesses. On the long run, we'll all benefit from the policy changes.

Endure for now. Even I am largely affected by the policies, but it's best they do those things now, so we don't go completely bankrupt in the near future.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by frank317: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.

so what do we produce in our country that u need us to priortize buying? Whats the name of Nigerian phone that u are producing?

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by chiagozien(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.
See reasoning

Chai!!

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by goldust777: 9:20am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Blind economics while the government loots your future and the future of Nigeria away have you forgotten no country is an island everyphone or machine has parts imported from another country no country can produce all the parts of a phone even china phones imports some parts else where so if one dollar is N5000 how are going to import parts of the phone that it won't still end up getting expensive what's worse Nigerians will even over hike the price due to a typical Nigerians greedy nature.my brother wakeup to reality

2 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Akaegwu(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2023
SoNature:

Stop writing trash here. The government targets certain products and imposes heavy duties on them to discourage people from importing them.

BTW, you are talking about discouraging importation without having stable electricity.
No let me write say you smoke weed this morning. Tinubu is struggling to manage Nigeria's economy.

I believe he's being controlled by unhealthy meth.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Thinktwicemybro: 9:20am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Sometimes I wonder if some of you have mental problems. Nigeria will produce what? Phones? Even the raw material and fabric to sew common pants comes from China. Don't worry, time will correct your brain.

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Anaya4life: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2023
pendusky:

Just vote right next time

Lool....u're one mean fella
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Basicend: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2023
Akaegwu:
Keep dreaming about it made in Nigeria. The government you are exonerating can't buy made in Nigeria cars for the legislator.

Don't mind him.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2023
HAHAHAH. No be to run and grab power, wetin u use am dey do?

Na the beginning be this
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by SoNature(m): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2023
Akaegwu:
Keep dreaming about it made in Nigeria. The government you are exonerating can't buy made in Nigeria cars for the legislator.

This is the most annoying thing. If they are serious about buying locally made goods, they must live by example. Ban all MDAs from using cars made outside the country.

Wear clothes (and shoes) whose materials are made in Nigeria like Charles Soludo. A leader is a role model. If you make a criminal your leader, you are only saying that there's nothing wrong with going into criminality as a survival means.

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Eriokanmi: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?
Their useless supporters would soon come for you. They'd say we should discourage import end encourage export and naira would become stronger, as if that's the main cause of fx brouhaha, as if we can produce everything locally. APC administration has lost it and this has nothing to do with hate. Those who voted tinubu are also feeling the heat. Nobody is spared.

Meanwhile, there are many countries who import almost everything yet, their economy remains stronger as ever. Shebi we still get crude oil and agricultural products we we dey export, many developed countries dont have such yet, they're prospering. The problem is corruption. When a corrupt leader is now in power, the situation becomes worse because he will draw his fellows to work with him.

6 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Oyetundetunmise: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2023
This country is gonna be great again. We all need to come together to help lift up the lying giant. It is well.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by vacanci: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

you still need the dollar to produce made in nigeria goods through inputs importation
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by chiagozien(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

See reasoning

Chai!!

So like example he gave, where is Nigeria phone for us to buy.

Is your Nigeria government building industries?

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Rexnegro(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2023
pendusky:

He did but greed didn't let mahmood let his vote count

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Thinktwicemybro: 9:23am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

And buy a Nigerian-made phone to keep making these sorts of senseless comments.

Even the politicians hoarding and fuelling the Dollar to Naira craze while selling you the dummy you keep regurgitating will be amazed at how you have been able to put a "better" senseless interpretation to their cluelessness.

Na wa
Even the politicians are shocked at how foolish people like him are. Very pathetic person. Even tinubu businesses are dying because of dollars to the extent they have gone to borrow 10 billion dollars to improve liquidity.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Akaegwu(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2023
AutoConsult:
We can't say government should not do their work because it's affecting our businesses. On the long run, we'll all benefit from the policy changes.

Endure for now. Even I am largely affected by the policies, but it's best they do those things now, so we don't go completely bankrupt in the near future.
Haa. people with damaged brain 🧠 full this forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2023
pendusky:

Non of our present leaders and politicians can pull Nigeria out of the woods.
They will come in only to start blaming the previous Govt.
We truly need a new breed of politicians who are not selfish like this generation of politicians.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Obviouslyblunt: 9:23am On Oct 25, 2023
Going through your post history, you deserve whatever you are getting, you voted for it.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by BOFREJO(m): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

With this your analysis..

Is that why NNPC still import petrol?

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Tboymessiah(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

I rather hawk than do rice banditry.
I rather hawk than stand at every bustop begging
I rather hawk than doing agbero as an occupation.

Agbero na Yoruba language, same meaning as evangelist....na work and na occupation....No Cap
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

United States is heavily dependent on Chinese products are aware of that?

Were will people source for money when the dollar is up 5000 naira. Are you aware that dollar is globally accepted for exchange rate. Even the government that borrow is always in dollar rate so how do you intend building an industry when the dollar rate is high. Is the tools required to build an industry readily available in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Bintabisiriyu2: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

This one is trying to analyze what he doesn't understand

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Thinktwicemybro: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

There will be heavy inflation at first, even world bank and IMF warned us about the inflation that we will experience before the economy bounce back.
Don't let hatred becloud ur judgement.

Our economy is foreign dependent and it affects every sector of life.
Please just shut up your irritating mouth. You know zero about life talkless if economy. Go and argue in the motor parks please

4 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Evil genius. So that is why you vote Tinubu so that he will make a dollar to become more N5000. And then we begin to patronise made in Nigerian goods. angry

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by obesse: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

See mumu post!
Has the US killed importation? Has Britain killed importation? Infact, mention one European country that has killed importation. Has China killed importation?
So why are the currencies of these countries strong and stable?
In short, did Jonathan kill importation when the Naira was doing relatively well? Answer me nah!

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by BillionKnights: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Which Nigerian goods are you talking about,? You guys will say anything to justify your foölish choice of leaders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by flexyrule(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?
You supported this government. It's barely 6 months, and you're already lamenting.

Man, you better direct your complaints to your party's National Secreteriat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Thinktwicemybro: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2023
Iamanoited:
Don't buy FOREIGN MADE. Buy locally made products. DIVERSIFY into agriculture. LET NIGERIA eat well FIRST.
Agriculture will give us phones, computers, fabrics, iron, aluminum, steel etc.
Please tell me the locally made products I should buy.

3 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Segxydube: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Uou be mumu oo... Still supporting dis useless govt.

Nigeria dey produce phone?
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by maestroferddi: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Yiou are talking absolute nonsense...

You are making excuses for colossal failures called APC , Buhari and Tinubu.

Which economic model uses this senseless trash you are spewing?

Where are the productive activities, where are the jobs being created and where is the frugality in government spending and appropriation?

As we speak, this directionless government are planning to purchase SUVs for close to 500 legislators at a close of over 130m naira per unit just to ensure that he has a rubber stamp National Assembly...

As long this country has people like you in sizeable numbers, there will be real trouble...

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Dougad: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2023
Majesty7:

You just exhibited a very high level of ignorance. You quoted someone who is clearly way above you and you sound so stupid doing it. All these hawkers with android phones...

That fool he quoted is not above anybody and the fact that you think the nonsense he posted is a sign of high intellect shows you have none to begin with.

Every money spent by your parents towards your education has gone to waste. Bloody dumbo

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Naija Bet.com / How Do I Write A Program Proposal For A Radio Station? Pls Help / CBN Policies Paying Off as exchange rate (N1431/$) posts Best Gain in 6 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.