Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

How Government Policies Is Killing My Business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Government Policies Is Killing My Business (17447 Views)

Federal Government's Stamp Duty Is Killing My Business / IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Kukutente23: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2023
somehow:
Most of the recent electronics sold in the US are imported from China. (Check Amazon).

Importation is actually not an issue as long as you have a comparative advantage in export.
Don't mind this dumb govt supporters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by newwise1: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.
🧠 dead
Imagine how many businesses does not depend on dollar mention one to confirm that you are mentally okay

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Originalsly: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:

So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?

Bro .... you need to get out of importation business.... importing products to sell. Any importation should be importation of items for production .... to produce local products. You should be looking to export ... not import. People would not be buying new phones like they used to ... they can't afford to. Ask any phone seller .... he will be suffering the same.... ask any phone repairer ... he will say business is booming.... people will be holding on to their phones. Importation business is dead. If you are good with your hands ... learn a skill that is and will be in demand... e.g ... tiling. The forex you'll use to buy phones ... invest in a tile cutter .... use You Tube to learn how to learn the skill very well. Most new buildings need tilers... anybody can lay tiles but how good? This is where you will always have the advantage and can always earn more than enough regardless of how weak the Naira gets. Any country that imports more that it exports or does not attract foreign exchange will suffer. M
Less than the price of a phone.

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by skywalker240(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
The essence of these policies is to kill importation business and make Nigeria a production country.
Your business is not the only business that is dying, many business that depends on dollar has closed down and more will close too.

Time is coming when Naira will hit 5000 to a dollar. When this happens, foreign products will be difficult to purchase and we will have no choice but to buy made in Nigeria goods cos even a pair of foreign pants will be so expensive that only politicians can afford it while the rest of us will wear plantain leaves.

It's so annoying that the average secondary school student knows the dollar to naira exchange rate, that shows how we depend so much on the dollar and killing our own naira.
Until we patronize our own companies, we can't grow the economy, this painful stage is called the transition stage from foreign to local, the govt is not the problem but the time it takes Nigerians to accept the Nigerian goods will determine how long the pain will last.

In the next five years, we will fully accept our own economy and in the next ten years, we will have an economy that will beat France and Germany cos we have the market already.
We buy Nigerian cements and Nigerian rice and they're all still darn expensive undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by casualobserver: 10:01am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
So I am into importation of phones and selling it here in Nigeria, with the recent price hike in everything. My business is reaching a point where it's about to be closed, please what do I do?

I have no sympathy for importers. We are where we are because we export nothing and import everything.

The fact that you are coming here asking people what to do shows you are not a businessman at heart or you have a sense of entitlement.

True Business men adapt to the business environment. If importing becomes a problem then find something else you can source locally and sell locally or better still export.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Berankis: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Unfortunately... Only a very few can see this. It is just the sad truth. We all want a great Nigeria on a platter of gold without paying the price for greatness.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Protafix: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2023
Iamanoited:
Don't buy FOREIGN MADE. Buy locally made products. DIVERSIFY into agriculture. LET NIGERIA eat well FIRST.

We have been buying foreign made since time immemorial and it never got this bad, something made it turn this way, we all know what changed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by seguno2: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:

Identify the specific policies and get your own senator and representative in Abuja to lobby for them to be changed.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Xkonzult: 10:06am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Myopic / armchair economic evaluation and analysis ..ur analysis is next to an I'll fatated dilluson,I doubt if u are even schooled at all
An economy were there is spiral double digits inflation,with high cost of energy ,double with toxic business and production environment ranging from insecurity from North to South,were even farming is now rocket science due to insecurity,s were u expect local production to thrive
Oga if u no get talk keep ur dirty mouth quiet

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by seguno2: 10:06am On Oct 25, 2023
Protafix:
We have been buying foreign made since time immemorial and it never got this bad, something made it turn this way, we all know what changed

What changed is that we allowed ourselves to be screwed and scammed by the sweet talk of the empty headed progreThieves, with their worse records in public office.

This is what changed in 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by tundeblack: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2023
Come invest in my hotel/lounge business behind MFM. 1m you will have a room to rent out for 6 months and you can bring your snooker
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

No business can do without importation.

Even agriculture, are we producing chemicals? Tractors?

Stop the story, abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Protafix: 10:08am On Oct 25, 2023
seguno2:

What changed is that we allowed ourselves to be screwed and scammed by the sweet talk of the empty headed progreThieves, with their worse records in public office.

This is what changed in 2015.

100 points for being correct, but Nigerians would defend the nonentities they voted in

Elections have consequences

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by seguno2: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Why is Tinubu not patronising Nigerian healthcare providers instead of going to France?

Why is your own senator and representative not using Nigeria-made vehicles instead of imported ones that cost more?

Are you saying what you said just to sound smart, when you are not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by GlobeTrotter2: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

even US imports phones. You cannot say a country should not import at all.

2 Likes

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Cj4charles(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2023
phorget:

Before the collapse of NITEL we already had the likes of MTN running, Local companies should already be up running before now.
Local companies when diesel is sold at over 1200 per litter.. and no stable electricity, how can they run

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by IMASTEX: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

And buy a Nigerian-made phone to keep making these sorts of senseless comments.

Even the politicians hoarding and fuelling the Dollar to Naira craze while selling you the dummy you keep regurgitating will be amazed at how you have been able to put a "better" senseless interpretation to their cluelessness.

Na wa
You're wasting your precious time replying someone who hunger has damaged his sense of reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by skywalker240(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2023
Iamanoited:
Don't buy FOREIGN MADE. Buy locally made products. DIVERSIFY into agriculture. LET NIGERIA eat well FIRST.
Let Nigeria eat well first, and locally produced Nigerian Rice is not even affordable for the common Man

Well done
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by donborg(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Government that wants us to produce in Nigeria, how many companies have they established in Nigeria?

Apart from paying overbloated salaries to redundant civil servants who produce nothing, how exactly are they contributing to Nigeria's development?
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by phorget(m): 10:16am On Oct 25, 2023
Cj4charles:
Local companies when diesel is sold at over 1200 per litter.. and no stable electricity, how can they run

So that means we keep running round in the same circle.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by KingGeedorah(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2023
Patronize made in Nigeria goods seems to be the solution been given to solving this Fx challenge but l ask, if businesses are closing because of the high cost of doing business, workers are being laid off. Where do pipo get the money to patronize made in Nigeria.

It's a Raggy Road ahead

richmond500:

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Sosqui: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2023
Enjoy it as you were part of the "Ronu system".Well done..
Wainey:

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Achor1111(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2023
Wainey:
You exercised your franchise for the current government.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Zealoy(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
It's a matter of time.
Local Companies will spring up, it's a matter of time.
We are too engrossed in foreign products and that is why the effect is so hard on us.

Things will go back to normal, its a good policy, let's just endure for a little longer
Nigerians are so used to suffering and smiling eh!
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by BreakingNews21: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2023
Look in the mirror Mr. Op.
Do you see a public crybaby placing external blame on your business failures or a champion striving to overcoming all obstacles to achieve a successful life?
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Olam09(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

You just spit fact now..
I remember a time when naira was strong and a Nokia 3310 phone sells for 45,000 naira..
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Brownbetsport24: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

but these local company are not trying in producing quality things, assuming they are doing well people will patronise.
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Sosqui: 10:30am On Oct 25, 2023
Don't say what you don't know. If i ask, what is Nigeria biggest import (that cost us over 80% of our FX)? I am very sure you don't know. The huge daily devaluation of NGN is as a result of bad government, corruption and maladministration. I think it time you stop commenting on what you don't know.
richmond500:
yes, Naira is not destroyed, it just weak against the dollar cos we are dollarizing our economy.
All we need to do is to do away with the dollar since it becomes unbearable and the naira will bounce back.
As simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by samuelson06(m): 10:32am On Oct 25, 2023
phorget:

So how many phones are we producing Nigeria and even you'll still need to source for materials in your so call local production and those materials will be bought with same dollar.
The government is simply clueless, Buhari shutdown boarders before advocating local consumptions even without putting necessary things in place.
Refinery is not functioning but they are quick.to remove subsidies, why cant they make the refinery work first? The government like putting the cart before the horse and I dont think we would ever make serious headway with such ideas.

God bless you for thinking straight. To APC supporters, anyone that reason this way is Igbo or Obidient. The government only pretends not to know that they are killing us. I pray God to judge them speedily. They want everyone to be begging.

Right now, you can't import any little thing again. Businesses are closing yet they don't care.

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Azzik: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

Do we produce phones in Nigeria I don't understand all this plenty analysis that doesn't correspond to what the op is saying...
Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:

So, now, you'll start producing phones and your relatives will start patronising them??

You see what ethnoreligious politics is doing to you guys?

1 Like

Re: How Government Policies Is Killing My Business by Bizibi(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2023
richmond500:
It's a matter of time.
Local Companies will spring up, it's a matter of time.
We are too engrossed in foreign products and that is why the effect is so hard on us.

Things will go back to normal, its a good policy, let's just endure for a little longer
optimism is different from reality,there is policy making and implementation. Everything is not talk talk and talk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anyaoku Backs Buhari Stance On Naira Devaluation / Jos Terminus Market Gutted By Fire (photos + Video) / Air Cargo Exports Up 39% As Nigerians Cash In On Weak Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.