Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92421 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by CaseSensitive(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.

Please don't waste your time on indeed. More often than not, the emails you get from them about a prospective job are normally AI generated. Put your CV on reeds, totaljobs, CV library and set your profile to open. Get in touch with Job agencies; bluearrow etc. If you have a dependant, there may be hope for you if they can work. I believe there's a Nigeria community on twitter, you may want to join the community just in case because I've heard people share job updates there. Hang in there and wish you best of luck

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by maasoap(m): 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
sketcherJ:
thank you. They are still relevant I guess
It is a rare skill, very much relevant
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Middleborn: 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
fullclub:

and i have 12 months to complete a programme. i have over 9000 pounds to pay as school fees.

the 3000 dollars i came with is almost exhausted. on expenses trying to settle in

school on my neck

i have a friend in Middlesbrough whose school wants to throw out this month end if he didn't pay some percentage of fees by month end

Like say you learn forex that year wey i been wan teach you, you for get a rich source of income. That rent of 600-700 pounds naim i dey make for forex in two days here for naija. its not too late for you tho.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by OVB123: 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
fullclub:

paying over 25 million naira? if its like that how many people will travel.
I thought i'm the only one that observed it. I don't believe this write up.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Treadway: 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2023
cococandy:

Please do you have any links to the #5M houses or something similar? The more the better. Thanks
with your money in hand, all you gotta do is search...offline contacts, online on jiji, Facebook, right here on nairaland...etc.

Search and you SURELY will find.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by IbeOkehie: 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

You are not an average Nigerian. When I was serving, my parents were telling me how they had to run generators daily because there was no electricity throughout that year. Just because you enjoyed those amenities, which are basic and should be readily available via government infrastructure, many Nigerians do not. So, when these people move to developed countries, it is surreal because they have never experienced it in their lives. BTW, I mentioned electricity. I have not mentioned security, efficient public transport system and general rule of law.

Even the CEO of Sterling - Suleiman - once complained about the power situation by posting a picture of his massive generator. Omotola once posted about how living in the US for a year changed her perspective on life, especially regarding how systems work. Is Omotola poor?

The problem with some of una be say when una don get am, you care less whether others have gotten theirs. Electricity availability is a basic need for human existence.

This is soooo true.

THANK YOU 😊
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Anansa0003: 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2023
yewit37486:

Okay, makes sense. Wish her the best.
Thank you..
God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fidecoo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
olamilarks:
He took the risk he was comfortable with, nothing wrong with that. Your submission self na risky business because nothing is guaranteed.

Says who??
Business that I am in to for over 10years now.

Check on
Sumal foods,
Multi pro(makers of indomie)
GHADCO foods limited.
Solve oil

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Fatbam005: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2023
remi2good:
a friend of mine also travelled to the UK some months ago for schooling, he said he spent close to 9 million for everything, he's in Liverpool, has settled down, shuttling between two jobs and schooling, has even recouped some of his money and is fighting tooth and nail to bring his woman over their before this year runs out to beat the deadline of students bringing family members over that the UK government will implement by next year, the only hindrance he has now is the current high exchange rate and he said the authorities are now monitoring the number of hours students work so he had to let go one of his jobs. And we spoke again just yesterday, so what are trying to tell us?🙄 Is your own japa different?
na wetin he tell you , you no see things for yourself oga

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by MiracleMe7: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2023
Bostin:
I have one for sale in Abeokuta at roofing level , partially fenced two bedrooms with three toilet and store , 2mins walk from main road
It's far from my location. I don't stay in the west
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Yes, you are right, but for me, I would like to go live in Cape Verde or Gambia to run a beach or cafe bar.

I have a British passport, was born in England i will be relocating from England to these african countries. £35k or £40k would buy me a fine beach house, bar or cafe in these countries.

Those countries don't issue working visas for that kind of business. The issue is not buying a property there but having a visa allowing easy entry. Your best alternative is setting up a proper and structured business in any of those countries. Except you want to rely on income generated from England. And this shows why people japa to Western countries - economic prosperity. Easier to find jobs and live a normal life.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2023
EconFinance:

Germany and Austria are two countries you can run with 15k EUR and u will be totally fine in the first year as a single person

Italy and Portugal are another two countries

But you will have to learn a new language.

Go and get the visa, let us see.

P.S. Learning a new language is tough especially for native/Anglophone speakers. So, I can't blame people who opt for the UK, especially married persons.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2023
yewit37486:

You know people speak at the level they are, just ignore him and those like him. Let them keep flooding foreign countries.

You have lived or are living in the US.

Let's fear God, please.

BTW, are you richer than Omotola whose view of life changed after residing in the US for a year? What about Suleiman of Sterling Bank who posted one big Mikano on Twitter lamenting poor electricity supply?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by zoezoelogistics(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2023
Taal17:

OP arrived on student visa and didn't pay ANYTHING for school at all. He's only been here 1month plus na and he says school is on his neck. E no pay nothing for school be dat na
Would a student even do that in Nigeria ? Enter school no pay notin yet

I doubt this your assertion. How wont he pay anything?
Once you are given admission, you are expected to lock down your spot by paying a minimum deposit, the balance is what you pay installmentally.

If he didn't pay anything at all, then the 13m he said he spent was spent on what exactly?
Flight Ticket?
House Rent, Feeding & living cost?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Regie2bless: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

We all know the answer to that question.

Don't tell people not to come to the UK because according to you ...Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming...

Tell them to come with that money they showed the embassy and the university before getting CAS and visa

If you have that money you will be focusing on your studies now and not job and how to pay remaining fees.
that has always be the problem, everybody wan move without asking questions, they even see people that gives advice to them as enemy of progress. Like u rightly said, if u really have that money u show dem at the embassy, u don't even need to work and if u go work, na money for clothes, perfumes e.t.c you go dey work for and not school fees or rent. The problem here is the agent wen dey help dem process this visa, them go dey tell dem say work dey, just pay 2000 pounds as part payment for school fees and if u reach uk, when u get work, u can be working and studying to pay the balance school fees. Forgetting the fact that u don't pick work on the street, when u come, u need to get training certificate like mandatory training, MAPA, MEBOL training and sometimes they might require immunisation which cost over 500 pounds before thinking of having a job. I really feel for this person because raising 9000 pounds is not beans in uk. Any job in uk na to pay bills and chop money. If u wan buy cloths u gat save toward it. . To anybody reading this, NO ALLOW TIKTOK JAPA VIDEO FOOL U GUYS BECAUSE IS NOT EASY FOR STREET FOR UK.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by crusufixo(m): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2023
My brother, please stop misleading people. The fact that you are not doing due diligence and too lazy to physically go out and look for what to do does not mean that you would come here and give incomplete information. Dont worry, continue staying on your laptop and be sending CV. You are those kind of peeps that want to make it almost immediately.Apparently, this japa is not meant for you. So come back and stop misleading people.of course it's not easy in UK, but it does not mean that you cant survive.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by CookieBrown: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2023
fullclub:

well like i said Nigerians don't welcome review that tellls how it is here in UK.

i am a data analyst, a coder, and well known writer here on nairaland with my other username.
my next flat neighbour who is a registered nurse, BSC, RN, Midwifery. have been applying for almost 2 months now. they came before me.
last week she got a place for interview where she got over 75%pass mark above everyone but they decline her saying her uk experience and inability to communicate in uk way.

I repeat if u don't have UK experience no one will call you for jobs.

i made research, asked a number of persons how they fund it. most even came in January last year with 5m.. but that was then not this year especially this year. they gave the clue, i started the process with 15 million naira... when naira nose dived, i had no option than to get extra 15m as loan with almost 2m interest.... Little did i know it like waking into a trap.

Agencies are full, its like when UK announced that they are stopping dependant stuff.. the mad rush from Chinese, Indians etc.

When someone calls you out for your own mistakes, you somehow shift goal posts and find a way to justify yourself. Let's see below:

- On page 3 you mentioned: " i have job that pay me 800 pounds.. from Nigeria. i have my dependant.
my thoughts was that i can pay my fees from that and use my 20 hours pay rent then anything my dependant bring will be surplus"

- On page 1 : in fact i have spent 500k trying to get a certification that i am not sure will yield result.

- On page: 4 - i am a data analyst, a coder, and well known writer here on nairaland with my other username

Although your post is indeed helpful to others out there in terms of experience, it still doesn't change the fact that you indeed misled the Embassy on your statement of account. Little did you know that the aim for the UK issuing out visas now to Nigerians is because they are experiencing economic problems and need the Nigerian to help boost their economy. Think about it. Why, in some specific year or years do they issues visas and in some, suddenly increase rate of denials?

If you have a business / job bringing in 800 Pounds, and you've spent 500K, naira I assume to get certification, have other properties etc back home and suddenly you're now a coder and data analyst. Surely, you should've been employed by now or at least not have or stress about finances. Or maybe I understand things differently. Try to get your story straight at least

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by yewit37486: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

You have lived or are living in the US.

Let's fear God, please.

BTW, are you richer than Omotola whose view of life changed after residing in the US for a year? What about Suleiman of Sterling Bank who posted one big Mikano on Twitter lamenting poor electricity supply?

You are the one that needs to fear God. Start with that.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Calitoscassius(m): 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

Those countries don't issue working visas for that kind of business. The issue is not buying a property there but having a visa allowing easy entry. Your best alternative is setting up a proper and structured business in any of those countries. Except you want to rely on income generated from England. And this shows why people japa to Western countries - economic prosperity. Easier to find jobs and live a normal life.
Yes, i am sure any kinda visa wouldn't be a bother for an individual holding a British paasport.

I would not want to set up a heavy business in these countries, it isn't much about financial gains for me hence i would choose Beach cafe or bar. It is about doing something entirely different and living an entirely different lifestyle and ln a different country or environment.

It would also be easy for me to pack up and leave when i want if i didn't like it or if it didn't work out. grin

I know a lota black british citizens who reside and own houses and small hotels in these countries.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2023
CaseSensitive:

Please don't waste your time on indeed. More often than not, the emails you get from them about a prospective job are normally AI generated. Put your CV on reeds, totaljobs, CV library and set your profile to open. Get in touch with Job agencies; bluearrow etc. If you have a dependant, there may be hope for you if they can work. I believe there's a Nigeria community on twitter, you may want to join the community just in case because I've heard people share job updates there. Hang in there and wish you best of luck

A million thanks bro. Noted

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by remi2good: 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2023
Fatbam005:
you think it's easy for a friend or Pal outside to admit he's doing well?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2023
Middleborn:

Like say you learn forex that year wey i been wan teach you, you for get a rich source of income. That rent of 600-700 pounds naim i dey make for forex in two days here for naija. its not too late for you tho.

U no hustle pass me.
I learnt forex 15 years back and not sure if you have heard about forex by then.. Register with fxopen, alpari, and many more I can't remember.
Lost few hundreds of dollars and left... Statistically 99% of traders lost their funds
Is that what u want me to do?

Infact my teacher then even till today can't measure up to my standards.. This is someone way older than I but has vowed to keep trading
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by zoezoelogistics(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2023
Treadway:
stories stories stories...I'm very sure you haven't walked in his exact shoes for a month, and rather than shut up, you'd instead pontificate like you are special. Fact: some will always have it easier than others not necessarily cos they are better or better prepared. It's just life. Nairaland will scream to everyone who can hear to japa like your life depends on it, and when you do and fall into some troubles, same Nairaland will say you no sharp, you no wise, you no dey hear word, you should have paid all your fees. Crap talk!

I also know someone that just moved around the time he stated, only did Amazon jobs for two weeks and got the same kind of job he was doing in Nigeria, which is the role of a hygiene manager at a flour production company. Not necessarily like he has two heads, but was just at the right place at the right time and they needed him and there was a fit. If that person was at a different location, I'm pretty sure the story would be different. This guy is literally the only contact of mine who isn't doing a dead-end boy boy job, or gaddem carework.

The OP has asked you advisors to link him to jobs if you can...he isn't asking for money. He has asked like three of you to link him to jobs in other locations sef if you can so he can work on his free days and commute back somehow during school days, una still dey speak English, cos aside the English you have nothing else to offer, except to put him down. Smh
Dont mind them, since they have nothing to offer other than pull him down, shout at him, and blame him, they won't ever see where he requested for them to link him up to any source of job they know.
Well I don't blame them sha, they can open their mouth to insult the guy perhaps because they were just fortunate to have it going well for them.
This life no balance, we cant all have the very same opportunity, never. Life was not designed that way.

I pray the Op finds favour and the much needed help he needs.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2023
Fatbam005:

Let him be experience is best teacher. Pictures lies a lot, smile can be fake, people cook stories...
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2023
crusufixo:

My brother, please stop misleading people. The fact that you are not doing due diligence and too lazy to physically go out and look for what to do does not mean that you would come here and give incomplete information. Dont worry, continue staying on your laptop and be sending CV. You are those kind of peeps that want to make it almost immediately.Apparently, this japa is not meant for you. So come back and stop misleading people.of course it's not easy in UK, but it does not mean that you cant survive.

U think its Nigeria where u walk around places uninvited. Well I have done that and also calls numerous people they refer to their site to follow the processes. So calm down and am networking with a lot of people here to see how to resolve current issue but what am saying is that even works that involve washing of plates, washing toilet do requires certification, training and experience.

It's not Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by millionboi2: 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2023
fullclub:

if nothing comes up by November then i will give up, withdraw and return.
just count it as one of those part of life, don't think suicide you can still fulfil destiny in naija
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by wemicoal(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2023
look for agency jobs bro, adjust ur cv, one thing i know here is, most estblishments dont communicate your previous employer. so put in uk experience in ur cv. you can start with warehousse agency jobs, dhl amazon, u will surely get. you dont even need experience. i dont know the city you re but jobs are lying around everywhere o. if you need any job, you must put in that experience in ur cv. make sure you can defend it when employed. most jobs llb trained. you are looking the wrong places.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by millionboi2: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Men don't come back to Naija without a solid plan. The news I hear from Nigeria is something else. You should have gone to another country. That 13 million will pay fees and living expenses in another country and you won't be stressed.
thy is nothing wrong with naija other than your mentality
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by bobchigar(m): 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2023
fullclub:
my dream was that immediately I came over, i and my dependant will search for jobs.. work and pay bill. but that is not feasible as I am seeing it.

i started this process with 15 million naira then when naira nose dive i had to borrowed extra 15 million to top it with interest of almost 2 million naira. landed in uk, started seeing the reality on ground

i have been in UK since 1 month plus. but getting a job as a migrant or new commer without UK experience is not easy.
in fact i have sent over 200 job application for cleaner, care assistant etc but all came with a sorry we have moved on to the next stage or you don't have uk experience.

school fees has to be paid. everyone here in tight corner... school has sent mail threatening to report to the immigration if school fees is not paid in the next few weeks to most Nigerians here.

no job, house rent is expensive.. going for 450 to 600 pounds per month.

travelling through student route is not really easy because you have to balance between work and school.. 'even at that where is the job as a new migrant.

Please if you are considering coming to UK for now.. please put on hold. the crowd from Indians, Pakistani, Malaysia, china etc is overwhelming.

it's not worth selling your home to be here.

i sleep in indeed and all this job site.. still yet nothing, bills mounting up.

all my colleague i came with are still with no jobs in other cities

after spending 13 million coming here with extra 3k dollars now almost exhausted chai

if u know you don't have full school fees, house rent for 12 months, upkeep.... running to 35m to 40m please stay back... stay back or apply through skill route.

edited with more info.

Your observation is noted. Meanwhile, I observed that you are still very fresh in the land. No matter how easy the place is, a month plus is still very fresh in my opinion. It is well. May you not regret your decision to move to UK. Amen
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Pappyjim: 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2023
Hello man, mail n lemme know if you're ready to work in junkyard at Tilbury!
jimmyshow1001@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by fullclub: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
CookieBrown:

When someone calls you out for your own mistakes, you somehow shift goal posts and find a way to justify yourself. Let's see below:

- On page 3 you mentioned: " i have job that pay me 800 pounds.. from Nigeria. i have my dependant.
my thoughts was that i can pay my fees from that and use my 20 hours pay rent then anything my dependant bring will be surplus"

- On page 1 : in fact i have spent 500k trying to get a certification that i am not sure will yield result.

- On page: 4 - i am a data analyst, a coder, and well known writer here on nairaland with my other username

Although your post is indeed helpful to others out there in terms of experience, it still doesn't change the fact that you indeed misled the Embassy on your statement of account. Little did you know that the aim for the UK issuing out visas now to Nigerians is because they are experiencing economic problems and need the Nigerian to help boost their economy. Think about it. Why, in some specific year or years do they issues visas and in some, suddenly increase rate of denials?

If you have a business / job bringing in 800 Pounds, and you've spent 500K, naira I assume to get certification, have other properties etc back home and suddenly you're now a coder and data analyst. Surely, you should've been employed by now or at least not have or stress about finances. Or maybe I understand things differently. Try to get your story straight at least

Can you bring out 45 million naira as at today? Don't be offended
How many Nigerians can boast of such money?

About 1000,000 Nigerians traveled from January to early September how many of them can bring out that money?

Away from that... I never said I was stranded. Did I? I simply said in expectations of job I saw nothing and I can't convert naira to pounds.. Naira is dead now 1500 to pounds.

Am just a young boy... Who raised that money legally without putting hands in crime despite hash condition of Nigerian economy... I no try?

Finally I gave a review of the economy and system and am telling those who will sell their only home in expectations and f job immediately to be careful and waigh options

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply)

Snow In Africa ! (pic) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.