Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING (92332 Views)

Should I Japa Or Stay / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2023
colbycell:
@fullclub your advice is duly noted. The mods here and some others are talking like it's easy to raise N30M in this economy. They come at people with their holier than thou attitude, now wonder NL is becoming shithole, just like Nigeria.

Clearly your advice is for those who may intend to sell their/family properties/possessions in order to embark on this journey, and painting the perfect scenerio for them here is the best way to go.

It is well. All the best, but in all you do, please don't come back.

Keep talking nonsense, silly bunch of people. If Its not easy to raise 30M then stay back in Nigeria rather than wasting the little you have coming to the UK to suffer.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by colbycell: 6:26am On Nov 28, 2023
justwise:

Keep talking nonsense, silly bunch of people. If Its not easy to raise 30M then stay back in Nigeria rather than wasting the little you have coming to the UK to suffer.

Sometimes comprehension is better than coming here to open your mouth Waaa! You know very well that this platform is gradually disappearing off the radar, and it is partly due to your lack of seeing things from the perspectives of others.

You no fit know everything, and besides, how many Nigerians dey travel based on legally?

You advised that he stays back, in this kind of Economy? The suffer na your own?

That you are a moderator here doesn't give you the rights to poke at people unprovoked. If we all leave NL and you and your family go dey comment?

Abeg shift.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by justwise(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2023
colbycell:

Sometimes comprehension is better than coming here to open your mouth Waaa! You know very well that this platform is gradually disappearing off the radar, and it is partly due to your lack of seeing things from the perspectives of others.

You no fit know everything, and besides, how many Nigerians dey travel based on legally?

You advised that he stays back, in this kind of Economy? The suffer na your own?

That you are a moderator here doesn't give you the rights to poke at people unprovoked. If we all leave NL and you and your family go dey comment?

Abeg shift.

Alot of Nigerians travel legally and those who cheat themselves during visa application pay the price like the op, You need to be very ignorant to travel to any country with no money to survive then come online to cry a river.

Its the highest level of stupidy to waste the little money you have on fligh ticket but no school fees or maintenance money, how are you going to survive?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ibechris(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
fullclub:
m

can you boast of 25 million?

about 98% never had that full fees..
i have never seen any that have it.

if they have it not up to 50 Nigerians will travel for school abroad. but ask your self why over 58k Nigerians left last year and over 100k left this year.. are Nigerians that rich?

just type POF service on Google, twitter or Facebook and see what i mean.

it was an advice from Nigerians over here that made me take this costly journey.

i am here to warn others not to listen.

U are actually speaking the truth but but many would never listen.

Lately,if u see the way many Nigerians are rushing to banks to manipulate their acct statement or what u guys called proof of fund just to travel out.

This is what I have seen dn what I know.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ibechris(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
fullclub:

i won't suffer greatly. i have houses in different cities already in Nigeria. still running business bringing 1m. bur converting this money into pounds pays only rent

doing extremely well.
bought those properties by the grace of God. but disposing any more properties now? i can't.

A friend wanted to start same journey last week. but i told him honest opinion to back down.... give him detailed analysis all i have gone through.

so coming here is to warn Nigerians not to embark again... its no longer promising as before

Bros,do u know what I will say to u,pls come back and u will do well,I mean exceeding well.

Do not listen to negative Nigerians voices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ibechris(m): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Set up wetin. Businesses are crashing everyday. Emmaodet just even closed one of his factories in the agricultural sector. You think it's easy to do business in Nigeria.

Because one person's business folded that means everyone should not do anything again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ibechris(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

God abeg!!!! embarassed

OP, I applaud your honesty tho. To be honest, N35 million to N40 million is quite a lot to raise without selling properties and assets. E no better I use am raise goats inside Ikot Ekpene? shocked

Good luck to everyone involved.

As an igbo man,it will bring me a container of goods abroad.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ibechris(m): 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
erniok:

So many of you are living on the moon. Businesses are closing down everyday. So you think the agro business is as sweet as they said. My pastor invested 50m in the Agro world and he's now biting his finger. Our economy as at today is messed up.

Because ur pastor failed and therefore,we should japa.

Bros,stop saying things like this in public.

I am also a business man,I have personally invested In an hospital in Abuja and the guy has grown and today,he is about expanding to a bigger hospital.

I have someone I invested into his import business,his container just arrived and sold off with a gain of 5million profit within a space of three months. Then,because emeka in Lagos failed,others should waste their hard earned money to japa.

Pls,change this ur follow follow mentality,it will harm u further if u dont think critically.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by erniok(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
ibechris:

Because ur pastor failed and therefore,we should japa.

Bros,stop saying things like this in public.

I am also a business man,I have personally invested In an hospital in Abuja and the guy has grown and today,he is about expanding to a bigger hospital.

I have someone I invested into his import business,his container just arrived and sold off with a gain of 5million profit within a space of three months. Then,because emeka in Lagos failed,others should waste their hard earned money to japa.

Pls,change this ur follow follow mentality,it will harm u further if u dont think critically.

Oga pls keep quiet. I left paid employment to run my business. The economic climate killed it and I had to go back to paid employment. I have like 3 friends that burnt their fingers too with so many stories that abound concerning other people. That you are successful doesnt make it a general thing. This is you saying 1/100 is ok and hoping someone will think you are smart.

You think losing 50m is a joke or business was not well thought out. Some of you behave like the APC members who will always justify nonsense so not to be called out as failures.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ibechris(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
erniok:

Oga pls keep quiet. I left paid employment to run my business. The economic climate killed it and I had to go back to paid employment. I have like 3 friends that burnt their fingers too with so many stories that abound concerning other people. That you are successful doesnt make it a general thing. This is you saying 1/100 is ok and hoping someone will think you are smart.

You think losing 50m is a joke or business was not well thought out. Some of you behave like the APC members who will always justify nonsense so not to be called out as failures.

U are a good example of failure.
U guys just make it look as if Nigeria is the wrong place to invest. I wonder what u will say,if u live in Zimbabwe .

U and ur pastor are failures and stop using him as an example pls.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by erniok(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
ibechris:

U are a good example of failure.
U guys just make it look as if Nigeria is the wrong place to invest. I wonder what u will say,if u live in Zimbabwe .

U and ur pastor are failures and stop using him as an example pls.

You are the perfect example of a dolt. Nowhere in my initial post did I say everyone must japa but because I pointed out the obvious, an idiot like you jumped on my mention.

Idiot, so you think you are wiser than MAN that pointed out that more companies are closing up in Nigeria, smarter than NBS that posted higher unemployment rate as a result of more closures,higher inflation rate as a result of harsh economic climate.

The problem with fools like you is that you don't read but will want to have the loudest opinion. You are the perfect example of empty barrels make the loudest noise.

An idiot that thinks that because his small circle is prosperous, anyone that has a different opinion is a traitor. Your ilk should be silent when your better talk Fooooollll!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Mcslize: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
fullclub:

in fact i have spent 500k trying to get a certification that i am not sure will yield result.

i am saying this for those who are home not to sell their property.

to save them from impending loses

You did well for the head-on. However, your expectations were too high when you left. Always expect the worse and lower your expectations when going to another man's land. Always understand that, it's not going to be easy. But you will push through.

You are still very new as a new arrival to complain already. Stay focused and make lots of research. Attend jobs fares. Aside searching for jobs online, talk to and mingle with people. Attend church. You might be lucky to see someone that will refer you.

I proclaim unto you, your story will change for better soon & in no time.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Mcslize: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

You need to keep searching. Even in Australia, you can't get a job within 1month except cash and carry labourer jobs. You should have enough money to last you at least 6months whenever you go to a foreign land. I will try and contact my nephews living around that area to see if there is any contact they have regarding jobs. Be strong, this is a phase and it will pass. In between, abeg those lands you are putting for sale, where are they located? Am currently on property shopping spree in Nigeria.

Brother, na una go show me way when I land o. Which city are you in?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Mcslize: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
samuelson06:

Check out the profile of people on LinkedIn doing such jobs and tweak yours same way. Don't just limit yourself to one job portal, go for more.

Nice one. The kind sense God give me eh, even me self I surprised. Like this, I don jot this one down sharp sharp. The saying that all humans are made but all are not made equal. Do you know this expo you dropped now, only few persons will see the goldmine in it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Mcslize: 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
fullclub:

ok

Man, try and follow men wey know road. Many persons have given you hidden advice. Read between the lines and fight your way through. Sharon1 even told you something about your CV, you are refuting every efforts people are trying to offer you. I have been reading through the thread and a couple of persons have dropped some golden tips but you are not just seeing them to take advantage of them.

Life is all about being smart and thinking out of the box. If you are from the trenches like us, as a normal Naija guy, you are supposed to be very very smart. We are known to be smart people. We no be ozuo people. Did you even read what sharon1 told you? What of the other guys that are giving you subtle tips? You ain't just getting it bro. You're too fixated on the there are no jobs mindset.

It might be that it's your mindset that's working against you. Try and be liberal and have an open mind. Be positive. Our thoughts always have a way to make us or mar us. Pls, go through the posts in this thread and give a try to those subtle tips some persons are giving you to land a job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Mcslize: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Welcomme:
From his write up, that lady came in as dependant and just want to start practicing Nursing with her Nigeria license. Who does that? A UK licenced nurse or midwife with a pin can't stay 2 months without a job in the UK. You will surely get one band 4 or 5 job. On the nursing part, the guy is lying. Concerning the job hunting aspect for students, he is probably based in the north east (Middlesbrough to be precised) no jobs around that area. He should move to London or Manchester and see if he won't get a job so far he is ready to work

Fullclub take note. Stop complaining there are no jobs. Now, this person has dropped another tip for you. Take advantage. Just in case you didn't see it, I have highlighted it boldly for you.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Mcslize: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Adakintroy:
Our level.of intelligent as black is very poor.

Imagine having 15million and still dong know how to double it.

15million

Double it Kwanu! With Baba ijebu right?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by ibechris(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
erniok:

Shame on u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Mcslize: 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
fullclub:

I am myopic.... Do you know how many businesses I have invested in the past and lost huge sum?
More also you should carefully read and understand before dropping comment.

15 was borrowed n repayed.

Pls, how far have you gone with the job hunting? Have you landed a job? You're not even updating us how far you've gone. You created this thread more than a month now. Tell us how far you've gone with the job thing. Have you gotten a job?
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Gerrard59(m): 4:06am On Nov 29, 2023
ibechris:

As an igbo man,it will bring me a container of goods abroad.

With the dwindling purchasing power of Nigerians, what sort of goods would sell very well in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by XAUBulls: 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Set up wetin. Businesses are crashing everyday. Emmaodet just even closed one of his factories in the agricultural sector. You think it's easy to do business in Nigeria.
Hello @tensazangetsu,

That's an interesting angle you brought in there... Did he (Emma) say what product line he was into or producing from the agro-based factory that he closed?

There are some niches within the agribusiness space with higher returns than others. Indeed the niche @Emma got into may have been the more capital intensive one with high overhead costs on grid-based electricity and even internal sabotage by some members of staff. This is why getting alternatives or a Plan B ready is key. I remember he told us earlier this year that he leased land for agri investments from a friend of his who was traveling abroad.

There are in-demand niches with huge global and domestic markets, it's a question of doing due diligence and coming up with what works.

Alternatively, it's better to invest in the global financial markets or work remotely for companies abroad to earn invomes in USD if those in Nigeria or Ghana with millions of Naira or Cedis cannot travel abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by XAUBulls: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
flokii:

That 13 million he spent to Japa to UK would have set up something tangible in Nigeria which if managed properly can grow in a space of 5-10 years into multi-million naira investment.

We have agro processing bisinesses begging for investments yet our youths keep rushing to pay UK government and their universities millions over certificate they might end up not using.. what really is wrong with Nigerians?.
It's a brilliant idea, but then the type of agribusiness investment matters in terms of ROl and overhead costs/cost of production.
Knowing the niche or niches to dive into for the agro processing value chain is key for all domestic and export markets.

Indeed you are right. I've read over the years about many young Nigerian folks who went to U.S., Canada and UK Unis (spending millions in school fees) only to come out and got no jobs in the fields they read. Only the STEM fields have a lot more employment prospects down the road.
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by XAUBulls: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
flokii:

Most of these young guys and girls going to UK and likes are going there to do "care giving" jobs which is a repackaged name for house helps and cleaners..
How will educated youths spend millions to travel abroad only to settle for shlt packing, shlt cleaning jobs. God abeg o.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by Thegamingorca(m): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
fullclub:

and i have 12 months to complete a programme. i have over 9000 pounds to pay as school fees.

the 3000 dollars i came with is almost exhausted. on expenses trying to settle in

school on my neck

i have a friend in Middlesbrough whose school wants to throw out this month end if he didn't pay some percentage of fees by month end

Jesus
Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by iamsense(m): 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
Oga keep quite.. it didnt work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others. Go back Nigeria then. I'm in UK as a student, I'm working and doing well. People must realise that some Nigerians come to UK with a lazy attitude. Go out don't rely online for jobs that's how I got my job. As for those married, it's unwise to come to a new environment for the first time with your wife and kids and you are student who have deposit fee to pay. Life is about planning and planning well. If you are married come alone have a standing first then bring your family later on.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING by EconFinance: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2023
iamsense:
Oga keep quite.. it didnt work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others. Go back Nigeria then. I'm in UK as a student, I'm working and doing well. People must realise that some Nigerians come to UK with a lazy attitude. Go out don't rely online for jobs that's how I got my job. As for those married, it's unwise to come to a new environment for the first time with your wife and kids and you are student who have deposit fee to pay. Life is about planning and planning well. If you are married come alone have a standing first then bring your family later on.

I have to agree with you on this one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Snow In Africa ! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.