Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Can I Be Romantic Without Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Be Romantic Without Money (4014 Views)

How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money / Sustaining Relationships Without Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be Romantic Without Money by sniperwolf(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2007
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by drkchoclit(f): 3:17am On Sep 14, 2007
It is very possible to be romantic without money. Tell her sweet things. Go to nice places that are free. I would say cook her a nice meal, but I don't know if this is done where you live, lol.

Write her poetry, or copy some nice poetry and put it in a letter.

What is romantic for me, and is free is honesty, respect, and honor.

These things are free, and yet priceless. wink
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 4:08am On Sep 14, 2007

I totally agree with drkchoclik on this one.

I can appreciate a guy with a heart that even ask this question. When you put more effort into romancing a woman, with the things she mentioned, it shines fine qualities of a gentleman because you are putting your own efforts into it. Thats romantic alone. smiley Cooking together, listening to some real nice mellow muzik, maybe a nice smelling candle lit as u eat,, Or,, going for a walk to a park, beach or lake afterwards ,. .anywhere in ur area that has a nice outside setting wher u can catch a sunset or a full moonlight,, will be romantic. Take some fresh cut fruit, or strawberries & chocolates that should not be costly at all. If you cant take a walk together, rent a couple of movies or borrow some movies from a friend and take it to her house to watch together if u decide to cook together,

If money is a problem, tactfully suggest that she get a couple of things and u get a couple of things. That will be even better, and I think its fair. While some ladies prefer to be wined and dined at an expense, its not all about the flashiness that impresses ladies like me, Actually, this is right up my alley, as it gives u more 'interactive' time to really know one another more intimately on a personal level in a relaxing environment. No distractions, No suprising expenses. Thank u for being gentleman enough to ask, Have a romantic time with your lady,

love & light

Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by iice(f): 5:21am On Sep 14, 2007
drkchoclit:

What is romantic for me, and is free is honesty, respect, and honor.

These things are free, and yet priceless. wink

Word!
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by fatty27: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2007
I go with Iice. That is the way it should.
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2007
Yes. Unless she's a grasping, materialistic type.

It's the thought that counts.
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by uchetobi(f): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2007
wat has money got to do with being romantic
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by pamddi: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2007
well,  they women here seem to saying what the feel. but sometime reality is different. work hard, all the things they discribed above are true but money also helps to pay for things like the transport to the free park, cooking meals together,  needs money to get the food. the idea is to be a true romantic is be a great guy. honest, sincere, romantic, and can provide for his woman!
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by drkchoclit(f): 12:00am On Sep 15, 2007
@Pamddi

Fair enough about the need for SOME money. But I took it as the poster has a little bit of money, not much.

Guys, especially younger men, think they have to be a "baller" to impress a lady, but it's not true

It's not about "stuff". I can buy my own "stuff". Most women can nowadays. Personally, I'd be willing to be the breadwinner in a marriage for a man that proves his worth to me in the love and respect he has for me.

Now I know this fellow is just looking to date, but the point is he needs to feel like he's good enough for the lady he has an interest in if he focuses in the intangible qualities, instead of acting like a money-grubing ass.

I too commend the poster for even having the humility to ask. It takes a REAL man to ask for help.
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by sniperwolf(m): 9:21am On Sep 17, 2007
drkchoclit:

I too commend the poster for even having the humility to ask. It takes a REAL man to ask for help.

Thankx for the acknowledgement
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by ursie(f): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2007
sniperwolf u r a jerk. get off my face
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by zignorr(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2007
dude, no money . . .no romantic! undecided It takes money to looks good, b/4 you can even think of babes tongue
I didn't mean that you should have millions . . .but you must have money. There is no free thing.
Any single babe that tells you that you can be romantic without money has reached her peak undecided
That is b/w the ages of 30-45 tongue she just want to appear not too demanding so that she can get husband grin
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by sniperwolf(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2007
ursie:

sniperwolf you're a jerk. get off my face

This thread is not meant for fatuous people with naive thinking like you
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by mellow(m): 11:17am On Sep 18, 2007
Romance !!! Money!!! waiting to see the day that these two will

seperated. Best things in life are free is not about money. Money

breeds confidence and confidence bring about the Romance in you.

where will you start from? It may be ok when you 2 have started

but how do you start in the first place? I beg no FINANCE NO ROMANCE.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by drrionelli(m): 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2007
@sniperwolf:
Sir, you sound to be an intelligent, punctilious, solicitous individual.  With attributes such as those, you are already far wealthier than money could ever make you.

You have received so much wonderful advice from so many people, here, that I feel that I might add only one more thing:  The most romantic thing you can do is to be yourself

You, sir, strike me as having a great deal of class.  That is something that no amount of money can buy.  And class will benefit you in more positive ways that money could ever even hope to.

You'll be fine.  Remember that other men can offer her money, but no other man can offer her you.

(One other thing:  You won't need to "boast" of being romantic.  It will be obvious to those around you.   wink)
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by drkchoclit(f): 4:00am On Sep 19, 2007
zignorr:

dude, no money . . .no romantic! undecided It takes money to looks good, b/4 you can even think of babes tongue
I didn't mean that you should have millions . . .but you must have money. There is no free thing.
Any single babe that tells you that you can be romantic without money has reached her peak undecided
That is b/w the ages of 30-45 tongue she just want to appear not too demanding so that she can get husband grin

Uhhh, NO! A WOMAN 30-45 can say this because she's a WOMAN, and can provide for herself, and she doesn't need to play school girl love games to get stuff. A WOMAN that can provide for herself doesn't need to play herself out for stuff, she needs love and respect.
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:54am On Sep 19, 2007
@topic
depends on what you refer to as being romantic. it differs for different people.
some people it could be buying gifts, flowers, and catching fun. i remember i had a friend, who saw any guy who could buy her a flower as being romantic.
while to others, it could be sitting and watching the sun set, taking a walk down the beach in a quiet evening, composing and reading poems to each other, just holding hands.
i think it just depends on the person's view. so try to see what your partner sees as being romantic and work on it, but note it does not have to involve money. so you could do little things that would mean more than buying her a diamond ring or necklace.
Re: Can I Be Romantic Without Money by chaloo(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2007
I appreciate the views of those who said that there can be romance without money. I would ideally wish for same thing but lets not forget that we are living in this materialistic world where nothing moves without money. The same applies to romance. You can take your girlfriend for a walk or listen to light music but at the end of the day you need pennies in your pocket to carry on your affair.

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Make Your Boyfriend Marry You? / Must Guys Be Muscular Before They Get Attention From Ladies? / Girl Are Afriad Of Me because Of My Big Chest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.