Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu (48923 Views)

I Will Not Listen To Kanu From Nigeria, He Must Meet Me In Finland - Simon Ekpa / Court Declares Sowore's 2019 Arrest Illegal, Awards Damages Against DSS / British Govt Evades THISDAY Enquiry On Fresh Passport Issued To Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by chiagozien(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
1Dray:

Nlfpmod, this is a breaking news https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/breaking-proscription-designation-of-ipob-as-terror-organisation-unconstitutional-court/
You're stressing yourself.

I would have been in front page if the judgement is against Ipob.

Nairaland is anti Igbo and Ipob.
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by gratefulheart(m): 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
dey play

chiagozien:
BREAKING!!! Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards N8b Damages To Nnamdi Kanu.

The Enugu State High Court, Thursday, ruled that the proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, by the Southeast Governors’ Forum in 2017 amounted to administrative abuse, hence null and void.

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the IPOB leader, had approached the court to seek the voidance of the prescription based on the fact that IPOB is a registered organisation, and composed of members who are exercising their right of association.

The suit was instituted by Kanu’s special counsel, Barr Aloy Ejimakor.

Among the reliefs sought are the de-listment of IPOB as a terrorist organisation in line with the provisions of the African Charter and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Other reliefs sought by Kanu include a declaration that self-determination is a right, public apologies in three national dailies and N25 billion damages, as well as restraining the government from proceeding with criminal proceedings against him.

Justice A.O. Onovo, while delivering the judgement, agreed with the applicant that the African Charter binds on Nigerian courts, hence self-determination is not a crime.

On monetary damages, the court granted N8.billion in damages to Kanu. It however declined jurisdiction in stopping the criminal trial of Kanu on grounds that it is before the Supreme Court.

Ejimakor commended the court for being the last hope of the coming man. In his words, “We are grateful that justice has prevailed over this matter since 2017.

“The court has reaffirmed the hopes of the common man in the judiciary. You have saved thousands of lives.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1455955/breaking-court-declares-ipob-proscription-illegal-awards-n8b-damages-nnamdi-kanu/#forward
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Omoawoke2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
chiagozien:
I know this can't make frontpage because nairaland is home for propaganda against Igbos and ipob.

Had it been the the judgement was against Ipob,by now it's already in front page.

Remember that the judiciary goes to the highest bidder
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by ekperimaezza: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
May the almighty God be praised
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Omoawoke2(m): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
chiagozien:
You're stressing yourself.

I would have been in front page if the judgement is against Ipob.

Nairaland is anti Igbo and Ipob.

Victimhood no dey tire una grin

And yes, nairaland is against Ipob so do your worst

https://www.nairaland.com/2792995/nairaland-says-no-secessionists

1 Like

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Bulldozer90: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Enugu State High Court. Smh.

Dey play. It reminds me of that funny judgement Malami, SAN got from one court in Abia or so that was eventually thrown out.

That judgement is like a minute of an ummuna meeting. It will be appropriately translated into English language and thrown out at a Federal Court.

This is a serious case about national security, any state high court pronouncement will not stand. Check my signature for free stuffs!
see reasoning. State and federal high court are equal in rank. You can't proceed to federal high court after a case has been decided by a state high court and vice versa. You can only appeal at the court of appeal. This, like all cases against IPOB by your FG will end in massive loss and disgrace.

5 Likes

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by FreeStuffsNG: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Bulldozer90:
see reasoning. State and federal high court are equal in rank. You can't proceed to federal high court after a case has been decided by a state high court and vice versa. You can only appeal at the court of appeal. This, like all cases against IPOB by your FG will end in massive loss and disgrace.
Smh. You are speaking theory. Same case can even be tweaked and presented in another State high court in Yobe or Zamfara or Ekiti etc let alone Federal High Court and Appeal court which is still a Federal Court.

1 Like

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Bulldozer90: 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh. You are speaking theory. Same case can even be tweaked and presented in another State high court in Yobe or Zamfara or Ekiti etc let alone Federal High Court and Appeal court which is still a Federal Court.
looking like a consolation.
Most of the cases IPOB won were not even appealed.

3 Likes

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by CJStarz: 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
Imagine, hours after the judgement, it's yet to make front page. D MODS can no longer hide their hatred and bigotry towards any positive news coming from Igbo land.

chiagozien:
I know this can't make frontpage because nairaland is home for propaganda against Igbos and ipob.

Had it been the the judgement was against Ipob,by now it's already in front page.

2 Likes

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by chiagozien(m): 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
CJStarz:
Imagine, hours after the judgement, it's yet to make front page. D MODS can no longer hide their hatred and bigotry towards any positive news coming from Igbo land.

If the judgement was against Ipob it will be in front page few seconds I post it here.

I know it won't make frontpage because nairaland is run by Yoruba Muslims that hates Igbo's so much.

1 Like

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Orinechi: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
mrvitalis:

Federal government doesn't have limitless power
When federal powers and other clash, which one takes precedence? In the same vain,if federal powers clash with that of the state or local, which one takes precedence?
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Brek: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2023
grin
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by abbasajao(m): 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2023
Enugu Court. An IPOB state. Okay

1 Like

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by sonofthunder: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2023
chiagozien:

Emotional blackmailer.... Serial manipulator..... Well done ✅✅✅
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Moradeyo95: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
chiagozien:

smiley smiley its on front page...the first everybody will see....but i hope you read throught this write up too sha
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by bluefilm: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
They want to appease ndị Igbo after the mess has been made.

Nonsense angry
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by hallysonia(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Sillymoderators: 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
Lmao 😂🤣😂🤣 Dem don use this one compensate dem! Honestly Tinubu na master! Meanwhile we will appeal...KANU the tribalist must rot in jail!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by joseph1832(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Sillymoderators: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
bluefilm:
They want to appease ndị Igbo after the mess has been made.

Nonsense angry
Na hin make Tinubu be una master!
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Decent09(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
chiagozien:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/violation-of-rights-kanu-wins-as-court-orders-fg-seast-govs-to-pay-n8b-apologise-to-ipob-leader/amp/

But The Judge Made The Pronouncement Under Duress.

Igbos Puts Machetes On Top of His Head, And also Arrested His Family Members.
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Entprys(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
A
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by bluefilm: 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Sillymoderators:

Na hin make Tinubu be una master!

Which tinubu?

The male or the female one?

God forbid BAT thing

1 Like

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Roger3D(m): 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Who is going to pay a terrorist N8 billion? grin

1 Like

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2023
Elsudani2:

Hahahaha
let supreme court deliver it not some Court in Igboland..
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by Eriggs: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
E no go beta for the ipob judge, kanu and all ipob terrorists parading on Nairaland.
Na Amadioha and ogun go kill of una murderers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by BluntCrazeMan: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
Is this FAKE NEWS.??
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by flokii: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
Roger3D:
Who is going to pay a terrorist N8 billion? grin

Noone
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by lanre316: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
chiagozien:

You see your life outside. Always thinking every one is against you, all the while you're the one against yourself. May God heal your heart of hatred and self-inflicted problems. Amen.
Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by 7upnigeria: 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
chiagozien:

Kangaroo court.

1 Like

Re: Court Declares IPOB Proscription Illegal, Awards ₦8 Billion Damages To Kanu by deji17: 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
Funny judgement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima / Bola Tinubu, Abdullahi Sule And Sanwo-Olu Visit Collapse Bulding Site (Photos) / Tinubu And Osinbajo Exchange Pleasantries At The State Box During APC Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.